Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Toadvine posted:

How can anyone still not understand whY running Hillary in 2016, when anti establishment sentiment was through the roof, was a bad idea

ALL HAIL THE QUEEN - Rich White Women aged 20-45

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Toadvine posted:

How can anyone still not understand whY running Hillary in 2016, when anti establishment sentiment was through the roof, was a bad idea

Because the person that won is everything that is wrong with the establishment with none of the slight benefits of it?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Enjoy voting for lovely celebrities then.

You do realize that it is far more likely that, if you're voting for a celebrity, you're going to be voting for a Democrat, right?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Because the person that won is everything that is wrong with the establishment with none of the slight benefits of it?

Trump is not establishment. He's rich and weird and runs in strange circles. The fact that he's not establishment is what everyone is throwing a tantrum over.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I don't..see how Clinton was that awful of candidate, she was third term Obama without charisma.

And Obama's approval ratings were only so good because of said charisma.

Meanwhile, the middle class continues to shrink and everyone watches as the rich spend more on a day's frivolities than they make in a decade and their services/benefits continue eroding and they are paying a quarter of their income for healthcare that doesn't cover poo poo and a vacation is a pipe dream much less retirement while major investment banks get bail outs after literally destroying the world economy through fraud and greed.

And through all that, the Dems continue patting themselves on the back for the record stock prices and "recovering economy" only felt by literally the top 1% of the population (based on income/GDP/productivity statistics put out by the very same government).

Then HRC comes in and says "I will fix literally nothing about that, we will just do the same thing for another 4 years. The problem is really just that we need more women in corporate boardrooms!"

e: Now if you want to say Trump totally is backstabbing those people too then fine I agree but how would they have known that would happen before it did? The dude said he was going to drain the monied interests from Washington not appoint a cabinet of billionaires.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Lets just flip through the candidate donor list hmmmm

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I, the smartbrain voter in a sea of idiots, believe charisma is worthless in a literal popularity contest.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Honky Dong Country posted:

I, the smartbrain voter in a sea of idiots, believe charisma is worthless in a literal popularity contest.

ooooh you're so above the fray, southpark

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I don't..see how Clinton was that awful of candidate, she was third term Obama without charisma. Like Bernie was the infinitely preferable option, but we didn't get him as a choice, so the electorate decides to poo poo the bed and vote for someone who is really going to throw them overboard.

Obama's chief selling point was his charisma. I mean, it certainly wasn't the Thousand Years of Liberal Darkness that he never bothered to get around to starting. "Obama without charisma" is basically a cardboard cutout.

The core concept of Toormp Bad remains true, and... I mean, you're not wrong when you say Hillary would be a better president, I agree with that, but holy fuckass she couldn't run a campaign to save her life, which necessarily makes her a bad candidate, and now she's gone. Why bother defending her? I assume everyone in here who voted for her did it while thinking "well, she's not Bernie, but she's better than Trump." Why would anyone willingly step into the CROOKED HILLARY!! two minutes' hate that invigorates trump supporters months after her (hopefully permanent) collapse into irrelevance?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Run a persuasive candidate next time and you might win. This is politics not debate team, you win when you can sway the voting public

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Jukebox Hero posted:

gently caress rednecks who are too stupid to move to a city where there's actual people. "Oh the nature is so nice and keeps all the dirty minorities so far away."

I am a Mexican who went to college, lives downtown in a major US City, and didn't vote for Trump and I think you're a breathtakingly stupid Christian failure. The only way you could help your cause is to stop posting but because you lack the self awareness and brain power to realize you're a blockhead and a useful idiot you won't. There are some liberals here who are not idiots but you aren't one of them.Your bad posts are making Jesus weep. Sad.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Lets just flip through the candidate donor list hmmmm

Yeah Trump's an actual retard and no one mildly intelligent put their eggs in that basket. Now let's look at Trumps cabinet, or who benefits under all of his policies.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Piss de Bundy posted:

ooooh you're so above the fray, southpark

What's middleground about saying charisma is important in an election?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Yeah Trump's an actual retard and no one mildly intelligent put their eggs in that basket. Now let's look at Trumps cabinet, or who benefits under all of his policies.

But bro how are you gonna be pissed about people not voting based on events that happened after the election lmao

If he said "I will appoint a cabinet of billionaires" before voting day and everyone still voted for him and then he did exactly that well that's one thing but that's not what happened at all. The dude explicitly said "I am rich therefore I need no other rich people around me telling me what to do dangling money in front of me."

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Blue Train posted:

He thinks pyramids were used for grain storage

lmao he played civ 2 then

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Toadvine posted:

Run a persuasive candidate next time and you might win. This is politics not debate team, you win when you can sway the voting public

So the democrats should run a celebrity who has no idea what they are talking about but just yells "LOCK HER UP" and "bigly", since those are the persuasive arguments that got Trump elected?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

So you're saying that donors to political parties get favors once they get in power

e.g. Hillary was corrupt and it was blatant

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Honky Dong Country posted:

What's middleground about saying charisma is important in an election?

charisma is very important

probably THE most important thing in the election

THE PROBLEM IS

*uses DND analysis*

HILLARY HAS LOTS OF INT, BUT HER CHARISMA, OH MAN, HER WISDOM IS OKAY

trump has 19 charisma but 3 int

ERGO

bernie would ahve won

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Killing the TPP already did more for the middle class than Hillary ever would have.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

even tho u all think each other are retards it's daunting to see coherent discussion in gbs

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You should run the candidate your base is fired up about instead of stamping out the populist flame in favor of a corporate crony is what you should do next time.

IE your leadership shouldn't actively collude to dick over one candidate over another and ffs get rid of the whack-a-doo superdelegate system.

HRC would have done 0 for the poor and middle class anyway, you're deluding yourself if you think otherwise. They couldn't take another 4 years of the same which is why they ditched her rear end in the first place.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Mordor She Wrote posted:

So the democrats should run a celebrity who has no idea what they are talking about but just yells "LOCK HER UP" and "bigly", since those are the persuasive arguments that got Trump elected?

Considering the number of celebrities that Hillary got to speak on her behalf, this seems like the logical next step.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

You should run the candidate your base is fired up about instead of stamping out the populist flame in favor of a corporate crony is what you should do next time.

IE your leadership shouldn't actively collude to dick over one candidate over another and ffs get rid of the whack-a-doo superdelegate system.

NNNNOOOOOOO

ITS HER TURN

HILLARY 2020 "THIRD TIMES A CHARM"

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

. The dude explicitly said "I am rich therefore I need no other rich people around me telling me what to do dangling money in front of me."

And people were dumb enough to believe that.

Like I watched every single debate, and followed the election extremely closely and if you were honestly convinced that Trump wasn't in exclusively the 1% then I don't know what to tell you.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

social vegan posted:

even tho u all think each other are retards it's daunting to see coherent discussion in gbs

jokes on you i think everyone in this thread is retarded especially me (for posting in it lmao)

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I know Trump has charisma but guys we have Lena Dunham and she put rocks in her sister. We got this.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mordor She Wrote posted:

And people were dumb enough to believe that.

Like I watched every single debate, and followed the election extremely closely and if you were honestly convinced that Trump wasn't in exclusively the 1% then I don't know what to tell you.

I mean dude maybe the Dems should have hammered him on that point a bit more except I guess it would have seemed false coming from a candidate whose donor list looks like a who's who of investment banks and billionaires.

Maybe they should have run Bernie instead of sandbagging him.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

So you're saying that donors to political parties get favors once they get in power

e.g. Hillary was corrupt and it was blatant

As opposed to "currently under investigation and has been under investigation a myriad of times for corruption" Trump?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Like I watched every single debate, and followed the election extremely closely

i knew i could trust ur opinion when u said this

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Piss de Bundy posted:

charisma is very important

probably THE most important thing in the election

THE PROBLEM IS

*uses DND analysis*

HILLARY HAS LOTS OF INT, BUT HER CHARISMA, OH MAN, HER WISDOM IS OKAY

trump has 19 charisma but 3 int

ERGO

bernie would ahve won

That's all pretty immaterial to you sniping at me for making fun of somebody downplaying the difference of charisma between Obama and Clinton, but okay.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mordor She Wrote posted:

As opposed to "currently under investigation and has been under investigation a myriad of times for corruption" Trump?

but it was a 'gently caress you' vote dude how do you not get that

they don't have to really think Trump would be better

it's just a "gently caress you, you can't even beat goddamn Donald Trump you loving idiots" vote

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i didn't watch or read anything but i saw that pic of trump in front of the room made of gold and thought maybe this man has mone

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Oh you went too far! Picture in your corny dome a candidate with popular appeal as well as progressively beneficial policies, such a human exists...

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

let us all come together in bernie's warm, syrupy embrace

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

new phone who dis posted:

I know Trump has charisma but guys we have Lena Dunham and she put rocks in her sister. We got this.

lena dunham says "hillary ROCKS"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
And if after all this the response is just to double down on the same idiot poo poo that lost you the election instead of figuring out where you went wrong well jfc that's no one's fault but your own.

You didn't lose the Blue Wall because crazy alt-right. You lost it because the party has been loving over the middle class after promising to help them for oh at least 25 years now.

Maybe don't run a dynasty you loving morons.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The EC isnt told bad imo. it's a form of handicapping that rewards geographically broad support. Hillary's lose was due to the rust belt not forgiving the Clintons for NAFTA so it literally did its exact job in this case and pushed the democrats to take labor more seriously going foward instead of going full bore Globalization

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

but it was a 'gently caress you' vote dude how do you not get that

they don't have to really think Trump would be better

it's just a "gently caress you, you can't even beat goddamn Donald Trump you loving idiots" vote

I know plenty of people who think Trump is the answer to all their problems.

But you're not wrong, I don't understand a gently caress you vote, particularly in this case, it's such a monumentally idiotic concept that I can't imagine anyone with an ounce of self preservation instinct deciding to do that.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Mordor She Wrote posted:

But you're not wrong, I don't understand a gently caress you vote, particularly in this case, it's such a monumentally idiotic concept that I can't imagine anyone with an ounce of self preservation instinct deciding to do that.

then i suspect you have never interacted with another human being because spite is the most human emotion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Well I voted for HRC (I am in CA though so it doesn't really matter lol)

But idk man they probably figure we'll deal with 4 years of clown rear end Trump and it will be a wake up call to the Left to get their poo poo together versus more of the same from HRC for 4-8 years and then you really get to deal with some brutal right wing populist candidate

I mean the whole of Europe is doing the same thing it's not like Trump is an isolated incident. Trump is not the disease. He is a symptom of the disease the Dems want to continue ignoring.

People aren't all just irrecoverably stupid. They're just fed up with all this bullshit for the most part.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 21, 2017

• Locked thread