Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Double checking to see if PPSSPP is still the de facto PSP emulator for Android. Do the alternatives on the Google Play Store offer anything better aside from new, wonderful advertisements?
I'm not sure there's a legit competitor to PPSSPP. Plus, it's open source so a lot of the alternatives are probably just a direct rip off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Good point. Think I might drop the $6 this time around for kicks.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Good point. Think I might drop the $6 this time around for kicks.
Just so you know, the free version and the gold version are the same, the gold version just works as a donation to the developer.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Hey guys I want to mention that they just released a new patch for Tap Titans 2. It's a great time for new users to join and you get a huge head start by joining a Goon clan because of our damage bonus. We have a pretty active goon community with two clans, both of which are recruiting. You can find out all the details in our Private Game Server thread.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Well, I did it; At 58k golden eggs, I bought the piggy bank.

I'm in it now, gents... See you whenever. :negative:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Can anyone recommend me anything similar to The Room series of games?

Also, are there any high quality puzzle RPGs like the Puzzle Quest series that have been released fairly recently?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Well, I did it; At 58k golden eggs, I bought the piggy bank.

I'm in it now, gents... See you whenever. :negative:

Spend them wisely, you need 400k to max everything.

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015

Kyrosiris posted:

Yup, the Flitter set lets you basically ride evasion/crit and not give a gently caress. It heals you for the full damage of what the attack would've done every time you dodge when you get the helmet to 5-stars.

Ah the Flitter Set was the missing link. It's hard to make sense of stat priority like that without context.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Another one for Postknight. I picked it up on a whim and I'm enjoying it, up to the third town so far.

Anyone dared to buy an Omnichest to see what it drops?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sockmafia posted:

Ah the Flitter Set was the missing link. It's hard to make sense of stat priority like that without context.

It's even more idiotic with the Charge attack that boosts your Dodge while you're charging. I've blitzed through packs and come out the other side with them dead and me with more HP than I went in with.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Motorsport manager is free right now:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.game.motorsportmanager

If you're into racing sims at all check it out.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

The Duggler posted:

Pick it up even if you're not into racing sims. It's excellent.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

For quite a while I've been playing that Tuber Simulator game (and by that I mean almost a year or so) and it has improved in great bounds for an idle game.

Adverts no longer lock up so whatever bonus you get isn't outright lost because you happened to get a heavily broken advert, you can join guilds where it allows you for honestly good bonuses (500% larger viewer rate and 2*stacking adverts come to mind, so you can outright just in the morning get two adverts going and be set for the rest of the day on higher levels) and they rebalanced so that you can't outright spending a week to get level ~30 items for a small increase on your experience bar. The daily bonuses are enough to reasonably get IAP currency quickly and unless you're outright buying the holiday bundles you can reasonably get a style change for your character rather quickly.

At this point the only bad thing about the game as an Idler is the PewDiePie logo but if you think of it as a decoration sim with a side "become the best streamer ever" thing it works far better. To the point their competitions are centered on that.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

The Duggler posted:

Agreed this is a good game.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The Duggler posted:

Thanks for this!

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
MSM gets really grindy but it's pretty compelling for watching a couple dots go around a track. I don't know if the difficulty ever got adjusted but I hit some walls once I got to the third series of championships. Just not enough money to go around, basically.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Oh my God, why did nobody tell me you can run emulators on your phone? This is amazing. No more lovely android games for me!...

I'm totally going to play lovely android games again eventually... :(

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Now you get to play d-pad games with a lovely touchscreen instead :v:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

baka kaba posted:

http://www.8bitdo.com/

Just do it. If this isn't in the OP, it should be. Also, when you set up Retroarch, set up an account with Retroachievements.org so you get pointless achievements for old games! :toot:

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

http://www.8bitdo.com/

Just do it. If this isn't in the OP, it should be. Also, when you set up Retroarch, set up an account with Retroachievements.org so you get pointless achievements for old games! :toot:

I've got the SNES30 pad and some adapter that clips onto it and holds my phone. It's pretty slick but it does feel weird at times because my Pixel is just a bit too heavy for using it long periods of time.

Darth Llama
Aug 13, 2004

Is there a goon War Robots clan?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

baka kaba posted:

I just connect my PS4 controller to my phone/tablet for those. :v:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

The Duggler posted:

This is good so far. I was a bit scared because you said 'racing sim' so I was worried it would be tuning gear ratios and all manner of bullshit I could never parse in Gran Turismo but it's actually really fun so far. n'ing the recommendation despite me not caring about motorsports at all.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Looks like Super Mario Run is out, for me at least.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

Looks like Super Mario Run is out, for me at least.

Nice me too up here in :canada:

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Apparently it's supposed to be $10?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Ragingsheep posted:

Apparently it's supposed to be $10?

You can play the first 4 levels and some other game modes for free, but the rest are a $10 IAP which also makes available some other unlockables.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ticket To Ride is currently $1.99.
The Bard's Tale is $0.99.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Downloaded it, played it, uninstalled it. I can't see paying $10 to unlock the rest.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Super Mario Run is pretty cool. The way it plays is similar to how I sometimes mentally map out my route through "regular" platform games, like, to optimize my line and efficiency in collecting stuff/bopping enemies. I might buy it, but for me that's because I still have $20 in Play credit kicking around from Christmas.

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015

baka kaba posted:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a sequel to One Finger Death Punch out.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

This was amazing on PC and I'm still mad they hosed the mobile version so much.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

apokaladle posted:

This was amazing on PC and I'm still mad they hosed the mobile version so much.

You probably won't like this one then.

In other news, Card Wars - Adventure Time (the first one) is free for the next week.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Mar 23, 2017

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

mrkillboy posted:

You can play the first 4 levels and some other game modes for free, but the rest are a $10 IAP which also makes available some other unlockables.

It's $14 Canadian. Which is Square-Enix-prices levels of overpricing.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Morpheus posted:

It's $14 Canadian. Which is Square-Enix-prices levels of overpricing.

source your quotes

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Aside from the rest of the levels, what other things are unlocked by buying it? Extra... toads?

EDIT: I think I might save my money for Animal Crossing. Holy poo poo, I hope that doesn't get hosed up with IAP or F2P bullshit :ohdear:

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Super Mario Run is not worth the $10 they're charging, mostly because I just don't think it's a very good game and is most certainly not a very good Mario game.
On top of that, the value proposition compared to multiple other mobile games is a bit off. I don't blame Nintendo for not wanting to play the race to the bottom, but when someone can get experiences like Hitman Go, KOTOR, Crashlands, Monument Valley, Mini Metro, etc. for half the price or less, it's not as appealing as if it were a $10 game on the 3DS.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

mrkillboy posted:

You probably won't like this one then.

In other news, Card Wars - Adventure Time (the first one) is free for the next week.

I had my eye on this game and tried it out but it seems really weak in comparison to the other Card Wars game :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CSoIo6XqvQ

Power Rangers Legacy Wars came out as a tie-in to the new movie's release, but the roster includes a bunch of classic and modern TV rangers as well as some villains like Goldar.

It's a fighting game (real-time live PvP) but it doesn't play like the mash-happy Contest of Champions clones out there. Instead it's spending power on special moves almost exclusively, with a cost-free block ability too. There's a bit of a rock-paper-scissors thing going on but there's a lot more to it than that. Honestly, the game has some real fighting game feel to it, moreso than the other mobile fighting game attempts I've seen. The game gives you the new Red Ranger as your starter dude and then a random pull for your second one, but I don't know if rerolling matters since you'll probably get a few more without too much trouble.

It's kind of barebones right now but I'm having a lot of fun with it. There's some bugginess and the servers have some issues since it's day 1 but it's worth checking out. If people are interested we should set up a guild for whatever guilds get.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 23, 2017