Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

HGH posted:

Has anyone ever tried to use her Berserk? It activates at 3% HP for double damage, it's so stupid.

The only time you're likely to see it trigger is if you use her auto-revive buff and she gets killed but not immediately targeted by anything. If she does get targeted she's just going to die again because she revives with almost no HP and having her revive after the enemy's round ends would make too much sense.

The only way Queen really works as a physical unit is if you're (un)lucky enough to have 4-5 of her because then you just give them all a weapon of the same element and chain devastate on (single target) bosses. Like the video posted during the Type-0 event where some crazy whale used 5 Queens and a Noctis buddy to kill Nimbus in 2 rounds (3 if you want to get technical and count the first turn spent activating her revive buff).

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Scrublord Prime posted:

How long did it take? :stare:

I think I started on him during the first players choice banner. I maxed out level 3, awoke, then maxed level 4, etc. Was a long time coming...

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

3 turning elt with toonman even when lings breaks got resisted and half the team died the first turn

:hfive:

also nice going craad with the big damage on the banner at the top

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cry Havoc posted:

3 turning elt with toonman even when lings breaks got resisted and half the team died the first turn

:hfive:

also nice going craad with the big damage on the banner at the top

Lol you know how to use my Olive better than I do. I think it always takes me 7-10 turns depending on which friend Noctis I bring. (Always look for Fenrir.)

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Goddamn, 10 million damage.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

I think I started on him during the first players choice banner. I maxed out level 3, awoke, then maxed level 4, etc. Was a long time coming...

:catstare:

I know the math in this game is totally hosed (see 10k summons or 10k arena or coliseum battles) but still holy poo poo. Still congrats on getting a totally decked out Cecil limit break!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Scrublord Prime posted:

:catstare:

I know the math in this game is totally hosed (see 10k summons or 10k arena or coliseum battles) but still holy poo poo. Still congrats on getting a totally decked out Cecil limit break!

10k arena or colliseum battles would only take 417 days if you spent every single orb and didn't waste any, not counting for any bonus orbs from rank ups. Totally doable!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Good old wiki does a good job breaking out the math, including how hosed you are if you start at 6 star.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Limit_Bursts

quote:

The minimum Mini Burst Pots required to max a 3 Star Rarity character from a level 1 LB to a level 25 max LB incrementally will be 45 Mini Burst Pots at 3 Star Rarity, 65 at 4 Star Rarity, 113 at 5 Star Rarity, and 173 at 6 Star Rarity; Totaling 396.
The minimum Burst Pots required to max a 3 Star Rarity character from a level 1 LB to a level 25 max LB incrementally will be 2 Burst Pots at 3 Star Rarity, 3 at 4 Star Rarity, 4 at 5 Star Rarity, and 6 at 6 Star Rarity; Totaling 15.
The best use of Burst Pots to not lose points would be: Totaling 11 Burst Pots + 66 Mini Burst Pots
3 Star Rarity - 1 Burst Pot + 15 Mini burst Pots
4 Star Rarity - 2 Burst Pots + 5 Mini burst Pots
5 Star Rarity - 3 Burst Pots + 23 Mini burst Pots
6 Star Rarity - 5 Burst Pots + 23 Mini burst Pots

If your gonna do this, the best way to get the giant burst pot is arena. It shows up in the chest every 7 or so boards. Spend your arena summon tickets and hope for a gold crystal. It has like a 1 in 8 chance of being the burst pot. You'll get mini pots from the board spaces too.

I also recommend that you max out a Cecil at 6 star and keep a secondary Cecil for LB leveling. If you TM farm your first Cecil, by the time you awaken your leveling Cecil to six stars you can sell the first Cecil off for huge cash, but only if you farmed his Excal first.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 21, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

Lol you know how to use my Olive better than I do. I think it always takes me 7-10 turns depending on which friend Noctis I bring. (Always look for Fenrir.)

I want to reach through my screen and punch everyone who doesn't give their Noctis paralysis resist, or have super high evade. A big punch in the face. I even dropped a bracer on my Olive to fit that stuff in. Come on guys, it's your friend unit.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

I want to reach through my screen and punch everyone who doesn't give their Noctis paralysis resist, or have super high evade. A big punch in the face. I even dropped a bracer on my Olive to fit that stuff in. Come on guys, it's your friend unit.

Olive is naturally immune to Paralyze!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Good old wiki does a good job breaking out the math, including how hosed you are if you start at 6 star.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Limit_Bursts

I vaguely recall the thread doing some math back in the... first FFT King Mog event? when the mini limit burst pots became available. I saw the math, a freshly pulled 3* Cecil, and decided 'gently caress that', fed him all the mini limit burst pots you could buy at that point and ranked him up. I don't have the chops to gitgud in this game.

Khisanth Magus posted:

10k arena or colliseum battles would only take 417 days if you spent every single orb and didn't waste any, not counting for any bonus orbs from rank ups. Totally doable!

If you assume a rank up every two days and blowing the rank up lapis on a refresh to get 29 orbs a day you can finish the coliseum or arena challenge in 345 days, a bit short of an entire year! :suicide:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Okay, so I did a terrible job of holding onto all of my tickets and lapis since the Christmas Adamantite chest, and I'm now currently down to 2200 lapis and 21 tickets. Someone talk me into/out of throwing $50 at Gumi for enough lapis to do an 11 pull for Orlandeau and having enough lapis left over for energy refreshes and slot expansions, since I'm pretty sure we won't see another chest sale until maybe the game's 1 year anniversary.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Okay, so I did a terrible job of holding onto all of my tickets and lapis since the Christmas Adamantite chest, and I'm now currently down to 2200 lapis and 21 tickets. Someone talk me into/out of throwing $50 at Gumi for enough lapis to do an 11 pull for Orlandeau and having enough lapis left over for energy refreshes and slot expansions, since I'm pretty sure we won't see another chest sale until maybe the game's 1 year anniversary.

not gonna lie, I will probably farm missions later to get just barely enough for an 11-pull. It's not a good idea. But I'll do it anyway.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Whoop guess I just needed to complain

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Olive is naturally immune to Paralyze!

Well, I guess I'll put that Bracer back on...or maybe another fire resist ring.

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
Having pulled infinity Cecils but having just gotten WoL before the current banner, should I get a Cecil up to 6* or just wait on 6*WoL for my tanking needs?

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Mad Fnorder posted:

Having pulled infinity Cecils but having just gotten WoL before the current banner, should I get a Cecil up to 6* or just wait on 6*WoL for my tanking needs?

Both so you can run an all tank arena team to infuriate everyone who draws you.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
460 goddamn rolls and no Yshtola.

This raid event is really making me want to not play this game anymore.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Well, I guess I'll put that Bracer back on...or maybe another fire resist ring.

FR accessories aren't really worth it if you've already got her on Ifrit IMO. Plus Bracer provides +15% HP, the highest HP any accessory can give.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

DaveWoo posted:

68 Thancred, 7 Minfilia, dedicating myself to doing only 5000 coin pulls now, because I'll have catgirl TM the moment I get her. Provided I don't run out of unit space again.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

At least wait until Friday to strike out on Orlandu before saying such things.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cartoon Man posted:

At least wait until Friday to strike out on Orlandu before saying such things.

It's going to take so.loving.long to burn through all these tickets one at a time. :negative:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's going to take so.loving.long to burn through all these tickets one at a time. :negative:

I'm looking forward to coming home Friday, cracking open a beer, a little mj, and pulling myself into utter despair one ticket at a time.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I can't wait to see a bunch of poster pull Orlandu on their half price as I sink ticket #60 into the gatcha of despair :salt:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Ok, at this point I know the game is just setting me up to be disappointed during the orlandu banner by expending all my luck during this event. Y'shtola #3. Do I need 3 of her TM?

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Is her TMR even with it if you want your healer wearing a Minerva Bustier?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yshtola TMs stack. If you desperately need to make your mage/healer tankier, or heck even Warrior of Light can make some use of it. I doubt anyone will get 4 of these but that would end up being +80% DEF and SPR if using both a staff and robe.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Should you pull?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/60ocgf/defianthermits_should_you_pull_final_fantasy/

HELL NO! ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN AND THE REST ARE rear end!

quote:

Should You Pull? Aside from Orlandeau, this banner is ridiculously bad. There are 2 unusable 5★ max with bad TMRs and a terrible 4★ that only gets semi-usable with enhancements waaay down the line. Literally, the only saving grace here is the 5★, but the problem is that he's THE 5★ and it's going to stay as the one for a very, very long time.

I believe a great deal of the people reading this have made up their minds about this banner a looooong time ago, but even if I get some flack for it, here's my take on this: if you are f2p, do not chase Orlandeau. You're not going to get him on a couple 10+1, you're not gonna get him on your 20~40 tickets and you're just going to get very frustrated at the game. Only very few statistically lucky f2players are going to get him and the odds are overwhelmingly against you.

Whether you want to do dailies for some boost characters for the event or just wanna have your chance at a smile from the RNGods, be my guest, but I strongly advise you against chasing him. There are very good banners coming in the future (there's even a fantastic banner happening right now) with very strong and relevant 4★s and masteries, so save for those.

If you're a whale, know that it's very likely that there will be better, future banners with Orlandeau featured, but now's by far your earliest shot at the monster. Like I said so many times here, Orlandeau is THE 5★ to chase and if your wallets allow it, you won't be disappointed. Of course, please do understand that this is a gacha game and you're never guaranteed to get a copy, no matter how much money you're willing to spend. So please, think this through and make the wisest decision you can.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Make a plan or a budget and by god stick with it. No rage pulls. If you plan to do one or two 11 pulls be mentally prepared to accept that every unit will turn up Bedile before you click that button. I'd recommend not pulling at all but we are irrational goons, and I'm budgeting two 11 pulls myself. Join us on discord on Friday and share your misery with the rest of us.*

*excludes Fenrir, cause lol you already know what his Friday 1/2 pull is gonna be

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

never chase 5*s

just don't do it

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Actually I like both the 3* TMRs. They aren't As but I'd rate them as solid B+s.

The staff has +15% MP in addition to a competitive +SPR stat, I'd use it over Lenna's any day of the week because SPR isn't that important.

Monster Breastplate has a good DEF stat, and is the only Light Armor that has either ATK or MAG.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I love when those things are like "this is the best unit in the game! But don't pull." What the hell do they expect people to do? Just sit on a mass of lapis and literally never use it because there's always going to be something better "around the corner"?

PaybackJack posted:

Monster Breastplate has a good DEF stat, and is the only Light Armor that has either ATK or MAG.

I actually want this because I need something to slap on exdeath since the game hasn't given me a better caster that can wear robes. Even a tiny bit of MAG is better than no MAG.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Although I love FFT, and enjoy playing Cid there, I just don't give any fucks about him here, and won't be chasing him. It's not worth it.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

only got her from the 1.2m reward just now

was able to immediately get her tm from all her moogles i already had haha

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nuebot posted:

I love when those things are like "this is the best unit in the game! But don't pull." What the hell do they expect people to do? Just sit on a mass of lapis and literally never use it because there's always going to be something better "around the corner"?

I think he makes a very good argument for not pulling. Orlandu is going to go on a banner again, probably the next players choice banner. He will still be relevant then and you will get a much better return on your Lapis if you fail to get him because a bunch of other awesome units will be on the banner as well.

Payback Jack is doing his best to rationalize the other banner units, but come on. They suck. Save your Lapis and tickets for a banner like Olive where the consolation prize is Shine who has one of the best TM's in the game. If you do pull, like me, prepare yourself mentally to fail and when you do, don't have a meltdown over it.

That said, if you've only stuck around with this game for a chance at Orlandu, go ahead and go all in. Then you can just re-roll your account and start from the beginning until he shows up. If you are F2P, what does it matter? Orlandu can curbstomp all the content up through Zoldaad.

If you won't do that cause you've invested cash into the game, then be prepared to fail cause you most likely are going to. It's all about managing your expectations.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Its even more hilarious as people have been hyping this guy for half a year now, talking about saving for him specifically.

Spend tickets on whomever you want to, it doesnt always have to be the most sensible or practical option.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I've already strapped on my running shoes, though.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

As someone who got trolled on the Olive banner and the Player's Choice banner, Orlandu is going to get 2 11-Pulls and probably another 10 tickets. After that Gumi can go gently caress themselves.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

orlandu or bust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I'm gonna stick to daily pulls and the few tickets I have (until the last day of the banner and my self-control expires).

• Locked thread