Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Guys.

Live action Chicken Little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

teagone posted:

Emmy Rossum would have been a superior Belle imo. She can belt out a proper tune.

That would have been too weird for me because I mainly know her as Bulma from Dragonball Evolution.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

21 Muns posted:

Guys.

Live action Chicken Little.

I already did this joke. :colbert:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Troposphere posted:

uhhh have you seen phantom of the opera she definitely cannot

Opinions!

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Well, it'd certainly be too soon for live-action Zootopia...

...but I'm sure live-action Robin Hood is fair game!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Live action all of these: http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2014/05/most-racist-moments-disney-movies-cartoons/

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Shadow Hog posted:

...but I'm sure live-action Robin Hood is fair game!

I'll play Prince John :3:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Troposphere posted:

uhhh have you seen phantom of the opera she definitely cannot

opinions like assholes and all that but Rossum actually has classical training so wouldn't have needed to autotune. And now I wonder what this movie would have been like with Gerard Butler as Gaston

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

"Tonight, we are guests, in HELL"

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctz-k7NXq4s

I love this.

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 22, 2017

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

That's awesome. Could be an early Dear Hunter b-side.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

So apparently Gary Goldman pitched a film idea to Disney about a city filled with animals and was turned down, and is now suing Disney alleging that they then proceeded to steal the idea and make Zootopia.

Some of these comparisons seem like a big stretch, but I'm wondering how much merit this actually might have.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Probably almost zero. This sort of thing happens all the time.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I can't imagine that who ever was hearing that pitch and Byron Howard and the team that wrote it was ever in the same room ever. Disney just seems like way too big of a company, there's no way they would risk the reputation hit.

Also, lol 'THEY STOLE MY IDEA WHERE LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS RULE OVER ALL THE SMALLER ANIMALS. ORIGINAL CONCEPT DO NOT STEAL.'

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Sounds like a great idea for a movie :3:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Aces High posted:

opinions like assholes and all that but Rossum actually has classical training so wouldn't have needed to autotune. And now I wonder what this movie would have been like with Gerard Butler as Gaston

please do not get me started with how horrible emmy rossum was in phantom because I will never stop

it wasn't her fault she was horribly miscast just like everyone else in that movie who wasn't patrick wilson but she was incredibly bad and probably wouldn't have been much better as belle

gerard butler would have been a fun gaston tho. fun fact the guy who played gaston in the animated movie played the phantom in the lesser known phantom musical by yeston and kopit, the more you know.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~
It's really just not that hard for two people to come up with similar ideas independently.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Especially when the idea is "what if there was a city of animals where the cute animal wasn't taken seriously" as Zootopia isn't even the first frigging thing to do that ever.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Guys I have this great idea about a youth who sets out from their community to confront a powerful opponent and then returns having gained greater maturity than they had at the start of the story. But don't tell anyone, this is gonna be a hit for sure and I don't want anybody ripping me off.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Guys, what if boy meets girl

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
It'll never sell, get out of here!

-steals idea as soon as door closes-

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Troposphere posted:

please do not get me started with how horrible emmy rossum was in phantom because I will never stop

it wasn't her fault she was horribly miscast just like everyone else in that movie who wasn't patrick wilson but she was incredibly bad and probably wouldn't have been much better as belle

gerard butler would have been a fun gaston tho. fun fact the guy who played gaston in the animated movie played the phantom in the lesser known phantom musical by yeston and kopit, the more you know.

my dad thinks Emmy Rossum is a better singer in the movie than Sarah Brightman in general. PEOPLE HAVE CRAZY OPINIONS.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I have an idea about a naive but talented person who tangles with a jaded but street smart person, but they have to work together to overcome some obstacle. It's never been done before!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Okay but what if

We made a movie

About an ancient evil awakening?

And a hero has to rise to stop it?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I want to make a movie about a young professional woman who just can't get her love life together. She meets a cocky but handsome schmuck and they spend the entire first act fighting. But over the course of the second act, they connect by learning about each other and he teaches her to loosen up while she teaches him to care more for others. But WOAH! There's a secret revealed that sends the lady packing! The third act is the guy racing to the airport/train station/social function to win back his love before the big decision that's been hanging over her head the entire movie threatens to sweep her away! And all the quirky supporting cast help him break laws and stall the woman until he can reach her just at the last second! He confesses his love in a heartfelt romantic speech and she remembers that, oh yeah, this is the dude she wants to marry! So they kiss and all the characters cheeeeer! OOOO:

THE END!

(Alright, not totally an animated film thing but I'll be hosed sideways if it doesn't keep happening.)

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
What if we made a film about a woman falling in love with a bee?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Fangz posted:

That's crazy! Never been done!

We've got just the poster for it!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Fangz posted:

Woah.

Woah.

Everybody stop.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Troposphere posted:

everyone else in that movie who wasn't patrick wilson

Thaaaaaaaat was his name, drat that was bothering me all day. Now I'm picturing him as Beast, Butler as Gaston and...oh my :blush:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Spatula City posted:

my dad thinks Emmy Rossum is a better singer in the movie than Sarah Brightman in general. PEOPLE HAVE CRAZY OPINIONS.

Sarah Brightman sounds like a Muppet in Phantom of the Opera.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs2SrqLum1M

Captain Underpants Trailer aka ADULT VOICED KIDS

But drat I think this really looks great, read the books as a kid but have a vague reccolection of them, like didn't he have actual super powers? Looks charming anyway

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

But drat I think this really looks great, read the books as a kid but have a vague reccolection of them, like didn't he have actual super powers? Looks charming anyway

Not at first, IIRC. He originally was just hypnotized to take on the Captain Underpants persona whenever someone snapped their fingers near him; he didn't get actual superpowers until a few books in.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Today I learned that Scar's song Be Prepared is NOT sung by Jeremy Irons. My life is a lie.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Alan_Shore posted:

Today I learned that Scar's song Be Prepared is NOT sung by Jeremy Irons. My life is a lie.

As I recall the beginning of it was but then after the line "You won't get a sniff without me!" it switches over to Jim Cummings (I think Irons blew out his voice or something during the song and couldn't finish it).

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

That's consistent with what I've heard too, yeah. You can definitely tell that's where the switch happens, if you're listening closely for it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

The animation in this is delightful

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Larryb posted:

As I recall the beginning of it was but then after the line "You won't get a sniff without me!" it switches over to Jim Cummings (I think Irons blew out his voice or something during the song and couldn't finish it).

Jim Cummings also did the singing for Christopher Lloyd in Anastasia. He also voiced your childhood if you were born in the mid-late eighties or early nineties (or arguably beyond).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Captain Underpants looks great! I love the art style, and they've said they're going to incorporate the way the books played with medium and style (aka Flip-O-Rama will be included)

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

What the gently caress does BASED ON THE WORLDWIDE PHENOMENON even mean?

Like it's a book, it's always been a book. Are they embarrassed by being a book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Das Boo posted:

Well, to the surprise of no one, it's making buttloads of money. More of the same incoming.

Four days in and BatB is already the biggest (domestic) film of 2017 so far with a cool $188 million. Logan is beating it in worldwide box office but that probably won't last long ...