Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Piss de Bundy posted:

i bet you got all antsy when they were punching nazis huh pal

I think if you are against the First Amendment which our entire country is founded on, you should go to a country where the government will back those feelings, like Russia, personally. You would fit right in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
whoa you're literally defending nazis, lmao

richard spencer did nothing wrong huh red hat?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Piss de Bundy posted:

whoa you're literally defending nazis, lmao

richard spencer did nothing wrong huh red hat?

Defending the First Amendment and the right to speech isn't defending what is being said and isn't defending Nazi's, unless you want to call the ACLU Nazi defenders while you are at it, which I'm sure you would :). I honestly think you would find a different country besides America more to your liking. You should move there and check it out!

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*bends down, as if im talkig to a 5 year old* hate speech isnt protected speech in many parts of the world, and its bad

you have the right to say whatever you want, but dont be surprised when you get punched for being a nazi

nazis are bad people and they only understand violence

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Sadly looks at the brainwashed person, and slowly wipes a tear from his eye

Truly, yours

You are just full of rage because of how your life ended up, can't recognize the enemy, and want an opponent you feel justified against being violent to and it's sad. Have love in your heart, and have clear eyes. It's not the nazi's that are out there in every corner to get everyone.

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 22, 2017

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
peep this: "donlad tromp": trump, but his face is all wrong looking, and it says "america make a great gain"

that's lunch

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Piss de Bundy posted:

*bends down, as if im talkig to a 5 year old* hate speech isnt protected speech in many parts of the world, and its bad

you have the right to say whatever you want, but dont be surprised when you get punched for being a nazi

There is no such thing as hate speech in America. Speech is speech is speech.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

I also want to empty quote this pic because it's amazing

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Prorat posted:

There is no such thing as hate speech in America. Speech is speech is speech.

I think one of the problems with the internet is it's easy to forget people in other parts of the world can't say what they want to say or think what they want to think without fear of violence or retaliation. That is what makes America amazing, and if you don't like it I seriously think you should gtfo of America. Like I forgot that Piss de Bundy might live in a place in the world where you aren't allowed to think certain thoughts, or say and make certain words with your mouth.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
You can't speak anything without thinking it first, speech control is thought control.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
There has been a slow but steady attempt from the world to drag America down to be more like the rest of the world. Ain't gonna happen. America is amazing, and will remain amazing as long as you guys realize thin jeans aren't fashionable. That is the war we should truly be fighting, imo.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Homestar Runner posted:

lmao at all of u

A weird way to interact with the thread but the posting equivalent of that fat guy covered in boils from Dune floating around the thread laughing at it is okay I guess

3/10

Piss de Bundy posted:

Did you ever consider, mister condescending idiot, that sometimes the people deciding what classifies as "protected" or "prohibited" may not agree with you?

Weird thought, I know, but maybe sometime your face gets kicked in because you said "Hello" to someone and the majority of people involved decide that it's okay because of some criteria they find acceptable but you don't agree with.

Maybe flailing your little bitch arms and your terrible child like arguments will no longer be completely impotent and ineffective and instead get you some street justice that is apparently alright as long as a majority of people agree with the decision.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Mar 22, 2017

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Prorat posted:

You can't speak anything without thinking it first,

haha tell that to uhhhh joe Biden! hahaha because he gaffes, that ol' codger. we're all having a good time in here

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Space Crabs posted:

A weird way to interact with the thread but the posting equivalent of that fat guy covered in boils from Dune floating around the thread laughing at it is okay I guess

3/10

Did you ever consider, mister condescending idiot, that sometimes the people deciding what classifies as "protected" or "prohibited" may not agree with you?

Weird thought, I know, but maybe sometime your face gets kicked in because you said "Hello" to someone and the majority of people involved decide that it's okay because of some criteria they find acceptable but you don't agree with.

Maybe flailing your little bitch arms and your terrible child like arguments will no longer be completely impotent and ineffective and instead get you some street justice that is apparently alright as long as a majority of people agree with the decision.

Most people actually have a child-like mindset where the world revolves around them, their thoughts, and their ideals, unfortunately.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

well, anyways, I'll see you guys later
hey, not if you see me first right? just joshin

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Space Crabs posted:

ok good joke but irl i rock a bodacious rig + six pack abs that can grate literal cheese and have a smokin hot girlfriend. how bout u

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Homestar Runner posted:

ok good joke but irl i rock a bodacious rig + six pack abs that can grate literal cheese and have a smokin hot girlfriend. how bout u

i feel like you have to back up that ab comment with proof you can literally grate cheese with them and I can bench more than you Baron Douchekonen

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

JFC these people suck so loving bad. NASA is getting more money. This is a completely 100% positive thing.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

At least with poo poo like this it'll start fracturing the self righteous left, hopefully toward some kind of actual progress in message.

"YEAH. gently caress DONALD TRUMP. EVIL RACIST MISOGYNIST ORANGE HITLER NASA FUNDING MOTHER FUCKER gently caress NASA......wait what?"

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Oh no! Not jobs!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

NASA has needed money for a long godamn time. I think these are the first posts in this poo poo thread that have actually made me angry. Like what kind of piece of poo poo can't get behind NASA getting more loot? I mean gently caress, they're one of the cheapest drat things in our budget and they still manage to develop cool poo poo. Give em' more loving money and let's just see what happens. Hell even with this increase they're still cheap as gently caress.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
:allears:

This kinda stuff makes me really curious how 100% emotional leftwing people consider their reasoning and judgement somehow better than people from the right they call stupid.

Trump is an idiot and the poo poo he is doing isn't all good, but I'd argue for things like targeting marijuana actually being good things by dragging an issue to the fore of national discussion while they will never be able to prohibit it.

Yet people who fly into a frothing rage at the word "Trump" because psychologically it represents everything they don't like in the world now are somehow more rational and better able to dictate policy in the world why exactly?

Honky Dong Country posted:

NASA has needed money for a long godamn time. I think these are the first posts in this poo poo thread that have actually made me angry. Like what kind of piece of poo poo can't get behind NASA getting more loot? I mean gently caress, they're one of the cheapest drat things in our budget and they still manage to develop cool poo poo. Give em' more loving money and let's just see what happens. Hell even with this increase they're still cheap as gently caress.

This is where everyone realizes that everyone is stupid basically. People talking poo poo about NASA because they have to be upset at the guy making the decisions no matter what are exactly the same as republicans that sandbagged Obama's presidency.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Mar 22, 2017

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Poetic Justice posted:

I think one of the problems with the internet is it's easy to forget people in other parts of the world can't say what they want to say or think what they want to think without fear of violence or retaliation. That is what makes America amazing, and if you don't like it I seriously think you should gtfo of America. Like I forgot that Piss de Bundy might live in a place in the world where you aren't allowed to think certain thoughts, or say and make certain words with your mouth.

I don't know, man. I live in Canada and so far it's worked pretty good for us that no one is allowed to stand on public property with a "God hates fags" sign.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

Space Crabs posted:

Trump is an idiot

quote:

Yet people who fly into a frothing rage at the word "Trump" because psychologically it represents everything they don't like in the world now are somehow more rational and better able to dictate policy in the world why exactly?

Space Crabs posted:

Trump is an idiot

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
cut some cheese on them abs chief or shut the gently caress up

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
brb making parmesan

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
anyone can mash some parmesan against their stomach you need to cut up some goddamn sharp cheddar or muenster

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

This NASA bill makes no sense when last week he was planning on giving them even less money.
Also pretty sure there's a stipulation on how NASA has to use this for space exploration and research, not silly things like providing support for satellites that monitor the enviorment.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the climate is completely hosed and there is no way to stop it now even if we had the most progressive administration in history so what's the point in cataloging exactly how hosed we are?

He wants to send a token mission to Mars I'm all for it. Who cares if we won't be able to monitor sea level rise or artic ice thickness in 2026.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Space Crabs posted:

This is where everyone realizes that everyone is stupid basically. People talking poo poo about NASA because they have to be upset at the guy making the decisions no matter what are exactly the same as republicans that sandbagged Obama's presidency.

this sorta brings up a point as to why i liked election 2016, is that obama was way, way too easy to sandbag

i looked at hillary and was like "drat, here's someone experienced enough, well-connected enough, and sinister enough that she'd actually be able to implement her agenda rather than have poo poo like cap-and-trade getting killed and obamacare losing the public option before it got passed"

and then i looked at trump and was like "holy poo poo this guy is loud and crazy to the point that he might actually get something done by virtue of his amazing loudness"

basically i was okay with either winning; i guess i was kinda starved for a sense of presidential effectiveness after 8 years of obama :smith:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Living in a centralized area to minimize damage to the environment=bad

also having lived among those knuckle dragging dumbos who had regular complaints of "why can't I start fires in my own yard" "why can't I just dump this oil down the drain" "why does big brother government not let me collect my own rainwater" "and the DNR are fascist pigs", so no I don't think they are environmentally conscious in the slightest.

What kind of toxic shithole do you live in where you think "collecting rainwater" and "having a bonfire" is some sort of horrible thing that needs to be regulated?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

basically i was okay with either winning; i guess i was kinda starved for a sense of presidential effectiveness after 8 years of obama :smith:

I can see the hopelessness in doubting that anything will be done because personally the creepy robot factor is hugely disconcerting. These people come off as false and fake so much that you know nothing is going to change, they have their own agendas and everything they are saying may as well not be said because it is plainly explicit lies. So why should I expect any of them to be effective at doing anything?

Paul Ryan in the VP debates was giving high school speech-read-from-cards levels of personal anecdotes that were designed specifically to make him endearing and it just creeped me out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NPbONscMMI&t=80s
(1:30 or so when he inserts a weird short laugh with a blank face)

Seeing Romney in his debates with Obama where he was literally running some kind of DOS based AI program or something, and then the 2016 primaries where republicans were basically just trying to out act each other and ham it up while chewing scenery.

Hillary was entirely weird fake laughs and pageant smiles and she just looked crazy half the time. That poo poo is transparent as gently caress. Bitch you aren't telling me what you are going to do and you are telling me the things you should do, meaning you aren't going to do what you should do.

Trump should have never been president but I at least understand why he resonated with people, even if at a subconscious level, because despite being a bloviating retard he was still acting like a human and actually saying real things. The fact those things were ignorant and terrible doesn't change they were actual real things he honestly thought and in this instance actual honesty and terrible humanity beat out his insect-in-a-human-suit-laughing-at-humons opponent.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

I'm not sure why every one keeps forgetting that every instance of communism is at least as bad as every instance of fascism.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i think everyone should punch everyone else now just to be safe

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Harrower posted:

I'm not sure why every one keeps forgetting that every instance of communism is at least as bad as every instance of fascism.

guys, communism was done with good intentions don't you see, they just had to kill a few people so everything would work out fine for everyone

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

MettleRamiel posted:

I don't know, man. I live in Canada and so far it's worked pretty good for us that no one is allowed to stand on public property with a "God hates fags" sign.

Well Canada kinda sucks though . . .Have you ever been to America?

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

amazing

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Space Crabs posted:

Trump should have never been president but I at least understand why he resonated with people, even if at a subconscious level, because despite being a bloviating retard he was still acting like a human and actually saying real things. The fact those things were ignorant and terrible doesn't change they were actual real things he honestly thought and in this instance actual honesty and terrible humanity beat out his insect-in-a-human-suit-laughing-at-humons opponent.

*opens eyes*
I fail to understand how or why this matters
*closes eyes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Poetic Justice posted:

Well Canada kinda sucks though . . .Have you ever been to America?

There's good things about canada and good things about america.

• Locked thread