Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Maddot_66 posted:

This got lost in the last few pages, any goon help would be super helpful.

Don't go hybrid pick CI or Life.

or use a http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Coruscating_Elixir or two but I wouldn't recommend it.

Your tree also has a lot of bad pathing/choices.

Kild fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://github.com/Tonexus/poe-scambot

J
Jun 10, 2001

Maddot_66 posted:

This got lost in the last few pages, any goon help would be super helpful.

As mentioned above, right now you're doing hybrid CI/life, which makes it difficult to sustain both of them. Go pure life instead. I sketched up a tree really quick, it might not be perfect but just to give you an idea here. I haven't actually played a crit ice crash build so I'm not sure how important the precision/versatility are, you may need those. I erred on the side of going very heavy into life, this tree has over twice as much life as your current one does. It also gains 3 extra jewel sockets, which can add even more life and fix up your resistances.

On the ascendancy tree, you'll want instruments of virtue over the consecrated ground node.

Regarding gem choices, I don't know if you really need both a totem and glacial hammer. Also, use ancestral warchief over ancestral protector. Ancestral protector + melee physical + faster attacks + concentrated effect for single target, along with ice crash should be enough to drop glacial hammer. Blasphemy poacher's mark is weird, I would run warlord's mark instead and use blood rage to generate frenzy charges. You can also run orb of storms + power charge on critical to get power charges, and activate the attack damage bonus from the instruments of virtue node.

Dump that belt, pick up a rare belt with life/resistances/weapon elemental damage. With a new belt, and some resistances on jewels, that should relieve some pressure on your rings/amulet and let you find some more damage stats in those slots. You can get an upgrade to your gloves for pretty cheap as well. Try to sneak some more accuracy into your gear, crit builds need accuracy and you don't have much dex on the tree to help.

Hopefully that helps! Maybe someone that has actually played the build can critique further since there are a few things here I'm unsure about myself.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I made something similar and have been using it a while it's pretty great.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

I got my Molten Strike Raider up to level 60, and it's been going pretty smoothly so far. I bought a Thief's Torment at level 30, and with Molten Strike, it's basically cheating. I actually managed to beat the cruel lab on my own after swapping Assassin's Mark and Herald of Ice for Enfeeble and Arctic Armor, and by not getting completely hosed over by essences. I took Avatar of the Slaughter expecting to be disappointed, but it's actually a goddamn enormous boost to my attack speed and damage overall, so now I have to ask because I'm in act 2: should I get a frenzy charge or a power charge for my bandit reward? My crit chance is actually kinda pitiful right now, 20.58% with ICS and no power charges (and not counting the Assassin's Mark increase, how does that work anyway?), but that's probably just because I've neglected all the Assassin crit nodes in order to get my two Wildfire gem sockets and frenzy charges. Here's my character right now, if anybody's interested.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Exalts are almost up to 80c:1 in LSC right now and it wouldn't surprise me if it keeps going up from here. Hell I wouldn't even be surprised if they hit an all time high for a temp league since there isn't a good zana sink like perandus was last league. Then on top of that, headhunters are 75 exalts. What the gently caress? I just don't see how headhunters are still this goddamn expensive considering nemesis was locked behind a level 8 zana last league.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Ciaphas posted:

Since RF was mentioned earlier, what are the usual suspects for that skill? Chieftain is the only one I can think of offhand, for the fire damage and regen on endurance charges (at least I THINK that one's Chieftain, can't check right now).

I think Jugg beats the poo poo out of Chieftain for a couple reasons.

1) Chieftain has no good 8th ascendancy point with RF. Hinekora, Death's Fury is really loving annoying with the +fire dmg to attack. It means you can't trigger EE with shield charge and a +cold or +lightning ring or something.
2) Jugg has almost as good offensive options and much better defensive options. You can laugh at temp chains on maps which is great because map mods already gently caress you enough. I believe Unrelenting works on the self damage from the RF plus an extra endurance charge (makes sure to get the +.2% LR per charge node). Unyielding gives more damage and +2% life regen.

When the build is done chieftain may do 5 or 10% more damage but has less tank and quality of life then jugg which is a big deal when your whole plan is to run and stand next to dudes.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

I got my Molten Strike Raider up to level 60, and it's been going pretty smoothly so far. I bought a Thief's Torment at level 30, and with Molten Strike, it's basically cheating. I actually managed to beat the cruel lab on my own after swapping Assassin's Mark and Herald of Ice for Enfeeble and Arctic Armor, and by not getting completely hosed over by essences. I took Avatar of the Slaughter expecting to be disappointed, but it's actually a goddamn enormous boost to my attack speed and damage overall, so now I have to ask because I'm in act 2: should I get a frenzy charge or a power charge for my bandit reward? My crit chance is actually kinda pitiful right now, 20.58% with ICS and no power charges (and not counting the Assassin's Mark increase, how does that work anyway?), but that's probably just because I've neglected all the Assassin crit nodes in order to get my two Wildfire gem sockets and frenzy charges. Here's my character right now, if anybody's interested.

Frenzy Charge as a Raider, always

you generate them by just playing and you get higher bonuses from them than other classes

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
If you get avatar of the Slaughter, you want to get frenzy charges wherever you can find them p. much. You also shouldn't take Slaughter unless you're scaling something else with frenzy charges (e.g. Blood Dance, Surgebinders, Horror rings) because Avatar of the Chase will be better in almost any situation without going all in on frenzy charges--the exception being long boss fights if you aren't using Perseverance. Rings crafted with Horror are super strong if you're doing an ele attack build though.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Frenzy Charge as a Raider, always

you generate them by just playing and you get higher bonuses from them than other classes
Yeah, that's what I went with. A power charge would be an extra, maybe 5% crit chance max, which just isn't enough compared to the huge damage and attack speed bonuses I get from frenzy charges. And movement speed and dodge chance, when I eventually get my Darkray Vectors. Man, I'm gonna have 58% dodge chance before I even get Quartz Infusion.

Count Uvula posted:

If you get avatar of the Slaughter, you want to get frenzy charges wherever you can find them p. much. You also shouldn't take Slaughter unless you're scaling something else with frenzy charges (e.g. Blood Dance, Surgebinders, Horror rings) because Avatar of the Chase will be better in almost any situation without going all in on frenzy charges--the exception being long boss fights if you aren't using Perseverance. Rings crafted with Horror are super strong if you're doing an ele attack build though.
I did not know about Horror rings or Perseverance. Hoo boy, the former is gonna be a nice chaos sink, and the latter seems surprisingly underhyped and underpriced. Level 78 is a steep requirement, though. I was considering Surgebinders, since I'm doing 100% elemental damage, and 63% increased damage is okay, I GUESS.

The Wu-Tang Secret fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Mar 22, 2017

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

J posted:

Exalts are almost up to 80c:1 in LSC right now and it wouldn't surprise me if it keeps going up from here. Hell I wouldn't even be surprised if they hit an all time high for a temp league since there isn't a good zana sink like perandus was last league. Then on top of that, headhunters are 75 exalts. What the gently caress? I just don't see how headhunters are still this goddamn expensive considering nemesis was locked behind a level 8 zana last league.

Slam everything

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

What I can tell you for sure though, your flask setup is fairly bad, and you should fix it. Carry 1, maximum 2 life flasks, a mana flask if you need one, and fill out the rest with utility flasks - at least 1 Quicksilver, then whatever you can cheaply get from these - Basalt, Granite, Jade; maybe Quartz, certainly not Stibnite. You must have on your life/quicksilver/mana flasks the following suffixes (one of each) - of Heat (to remove cold crap) and of Staunching (to remove bleeding). As for prefixes, life flask should be Seething [Divine Life Flask], and mana flask must not be Caustic.

I changed to 1 Seething Life, 1 Quicksilver, 1 Heat Granite, 1 Staunching Basalt and 1 Mana. It's so much better thank you, the mobility from Quicksilver is fantastic.

Dried lake is much easier now.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oodles posted:

I changed to 1 Seething Life, 1 Quicksilver, 1 Heat Granite, 1 Staunching Basalt and 1 Mana. It's so much better thank you, the mobility from Quicksilver is fantastic.

Dried lake is much easier now.

:patriot:

For future, keep in mind that anti-freeze/anti-bleed is something you potentially have to spam sparingly, so it may be easier to have them on Life/Mana/Ample or Chemist's Quicksilver (as they have most uses per full charge, in your situation), but what you have now is way better than what it was, so just keep on trucking.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Boozie posted:

If I have frame drops when in groups all the time should I be blaming my i5-2500k or my AMD 7950? I’ve dealt with it for years now but it’s super frustrating and I’m hoping to do something about it beyond changing every setting possible.

Well my GTX 970 runs at about 50% gpu usage at 2560x1600. Looking at the graphs it seems my i7 920 is the bottleneck. Have you oc'd yours past 4ghz?

Try running without vsync, multithreading on, dx11. Try adding a fps limiter with msi afterburner, to 60fps or something and see how it goes. I can get 200-300fps in mpre relaxed scenes but when there's lots of stuff going on the game just grinds to a halt. So far I've heard it's a feature. Maybe a very fast cpu could help?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHHeEL5QEpw

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

I've got an i7 6700k and a gtx 960 and the game runs really smooth unless there's a tight room with nuts to butts monsters and herald of ice procs a big chain crit, then it stutters for a second. I played through DS3 a few weeks ago and it was like watching a movie so I'd reckon it's a feature. v:keke:v

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Were you following this "solar flare" build guide by any chance? I meant to try that last league but didn't, maybe I can give that a shot. (Already got an SR character but the trees are too divergent to reconcile with regrets.)

Nope i make my own builds. Originally it was supposed to be a SR & Searing Bond combo but found the ray -> move -> ray playstyle didn't fit with dropping SB totems, i was starved for slots, decoy totem was a better choice, RF & SR was enough damage etc. I didn't want to do a CWC build and wouldn't have the links anyway. Since it was my league starter and i wanted to use a Doon's I'd only be on a 3 link for Ray, wanted to work towards a Kaom's Heart so didn't have to worry about getting a 5 or 6 link either. It was meant to be very budget.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Budget RF/SR is exactly what I was working with to see how cheap I could do guardians and shaper. I took the same Doon + Kaom's approach which is easily enough for guardians because they're endurance/mobility tests and that's exactly what the build provides. Shaper is a dps race though, and while the damage is good it's not great, especially when you're forced to move enough that the SR debuff can't be maintained. The fight can be done but phase 3 is extremely tight.

My two solutions both involved an essence of hysteria helmet. The first version switched SR to a totem and used the helm for RF with inc aoe on the 4th socket so that it's easier to keep shaper in radius. The second one involved about 10-15 points of respec and dumped some life/regen for ignite and fire nodes. Flameblast ignites are incredibly strong on hysteria helmets because the 30% more double dips. I dropped to about 7.8k hp for the sake of ~1M dps ignites. Double dipping may be gone or modified in the future though, so I don't like this version as much.

The moral of the story is that anybody running RF should be making some use of an essence of hysteria helmet. That's the only way you're getting an effective 5L with kaom's on.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I just finished up act 3 normal and have about 8 misallocated skill points. Should I just start over?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

rap music posted:

I just finished up act 3 normal and have about 8 misallocated skill points. Should I just start over?
No. You get 8 refund points per difficulty level, from quests.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
Hello again. I think I have capped off my gear but would like some tips for my Jugg Cyclone build. It's a budget build, mostly self found. Have invested 15c in it so far. I am asking for some tips because I ran some t10 maps with a friend and I got wrecked so hard. I can solo t7 maps. I'm wondering if there is any way I can respec or increase my damage output. With just auras I get 18-19k dps. When full frenzy and and golem and warchief are up I do around 35k dps.

Here is my profile. The character name is Rheinheart.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fixit posted:

Hello again. I think I have capped off my gear but would like some tips for my Jugg Cyclone build. It's a budget build, mostly self found. Have invested 15c in it so far. I am asking for some tips because I ran some t10 maps with a friend and I got wrecked so hard. I can solo t7 maps. I'm wondering if there is any way I can respec or increase my damage output. With just auras I get 18-19k dps. When full frenzy and and golem and warchief are up I do around 35k dps.

This profile tab has been set to private or you the lack the permissions to view it.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

This profile tab has been set to private or you the lack the permissions to view it.

Made it public. Did not know that was a thing

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fixit posted:

craft life on your boots (pretty sure you can cause that looks like a armor/stun 1 prefix). get a new right side ring, craft life on your belt, craft life on your gloves, buy a better axe and get a 5l on your chest or your new weapon.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

craft life on your boots (pretty sure you can cause that looks like a armor/stun 1 prefix). get a new right side ring, craft life on your belt, craft life on your gloves, buy a better axe and get a 5l on your chest or your new weapon.

Should I 5L my belly of the beast? Running the maps not many mobs are just physical. Been contemplating going back to it. It is currently a 4L

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

legacy league is pretty disappointing overall

not enough blue leaguestones to keep it interesting, reliquaries are REAL BAD lol, and all of the hyped old/new uniques are either still way too rare (hh) or still beaten out by old builds (terminus est)

really the high point of legacy league overall is the gull, that's about it, after the first few hours it's poe as usual

J
Jun 10, 2001

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

legacy league is pretty disappointing overall

not enough blue leaguestones to keep it interesting, reliquaries are REAL BAD lol, and all of the hyped old/new uniques are either still way too rare (hh) or still beaten out by old builds (terminus est)

really the high point of legacy league overall is the gull, that's about it, after the first few hours it's poe as usual

They are definitely being way too conservative. White leaguestones remind me of white talismans, and reliquaries remind me of warbands loot during warbands league. And I think they must have dicked around with the rarity of headhunter this league, I still can't see how the price is the same when nemesis is freely available instead of being behind level 8 zana.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
More people think they can get it, so demand is higher even though the supply is too.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I can kinda understand the reliquaries but I still think the 'second-best' legacy items after Kaom's Heart and the like should be more common, or else the relics should drop more frequently. However I really am not a big fan of how leaguestones ended up. Normal Leaguestones shouldn't have made it in/should have been phased out once you reach Merciless.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Still never seen a reliquary.

I have a tab full of white stones on both legacy and ssf that I will probably never use. Blue stones are cool, but entirely too rare if you weren't abusing the infinite stone poo poo. It'd be much cooler if you could craft leaguestones with orbs, even if they could only be blue at highest rarity. Or at least had a small chance of vendoring up to blue from whites with the recipe.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i don't like how HH is a chase rare

it's one of the few fun items in the game and its locked behind luck or 70 ex

make some lovely min maxer unique ultra rare instead

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I like Legacy overall, but I completely agree that blue leaguestones need to be more easily obtainable than they are right now.

My favorite thing about Legacy is the crazy interactions that can happen between League types - for instance, triggering the Possessed Foe prophecy on a map with multiple Warbands, Invasion bosses, and Rogue Exiles. (Everything gets possessed. Everything.)

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
Leaguestones just shouldn't generate corrupted, is all. Adjust the rarities of the mods accordingly and make them become corrupted on the first use.

IMO, reliquaries are fine as they are. I'm not sure why anyone feels entitled to the good stuff when 98% of the uniques you find outside reliquaries are garbage too. I have no regrets about insta-selling every reliquary key I found.

Hauki posted:

Or at least had a small chance of vendoring up to blue from whites with the recipe.

Isn't this already true? I could swear I've gotten some blues back from vendoring trash leaguestones, but maybe I'm misremembering.

Tiny Bug Child fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Mar 22, 2017

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Can someone link to a RF Juggernaut Build, or CI/ optionally Low Life build?

I'm playing a Chieftain RF, and I really like the RF playstyle, but it's really not built to do anything but fart around and use SR for a little extra debuff, while sitting on a pretty thing edge of being able to do map mods that lower resistance.

I like the idea of the Juggernaut crapping out tons of regen with the Kaom's Way rings.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fixit posted:

Should I 5L my belly of the beast? Running the maps not many mobs are just physical. Been contemplating going back to it. It is currently a 4L

Whats your life at with and without a belly?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Tiny Bug Child posted:

Isn't this already true? I could swear I've gotten some blues back from vendoring trash leaguestones, but maybe I'm misremembering.

Nope.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tiny Bug Child posted:

Leaguestones just shouldn't generate corrupted, is all. Adjust the rarities of the mods accordingly and make them become corrupted on the first use.

IMO, reliquaries are fine as they are. I'm not sure why anyone feels entitled to the good stuff when 98% of the uniques you find outside reliquaries are garbage too. I have no regrets about insta-selling every reliquary key I found.

You can get a blue leaguestone by vendoring 3 blue leaguestones, but I think that's about it.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

DaveWoo posted:

You can get a blue leaguestone by vendoring 3 blue leaguestones, but I think that's about it.
You can get one as long as one of the three vendored is blue, but then I think it rolls the chance much like talismans.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Whats your life at with and without a belly?

I know my life right now is at 4k. Do not know what it is with it on. Will look tonight.

What axe/weapon should I be replacing Kaom's with? I think I currently have 30c for currency wise. Been trying to save up for a HOWA build so I can farm maps fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

League is fairly fun for me, I'm just running nostalgia stones reminiscing of leagues I had better time in. Shame for lack of recipe to reroll mods on them - outright rolling would be a bit too rich, in my opinion, but something like 3+Vaal or Regret to get a highest level blue out of whites would be nice.

• Locked thread