Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phonoxen
Feb 15, 2017

As you can see, we've had our eye on you for some time now, Mr. Anderson.

The Pussy Boss posted:

White Sox extended Tim Anderson for 6 years + 2 options. He had a nice rookie season, although somewhat overshadowed by the incredible wave of shortstop talent that's come along in the last couple years

I'm down, why the gently caress not

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Real Sports right now is doing some MLB stories tonight. Right now is Matt Bush: A Drunken rear end in a top hat. Later on is Rick Ankiel.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Not WBC thread

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

The Pussy Boss posted:

White Sox extended Tim Anderson for 6 years + 2 options. He had a nice rookie season, although somewhat overshadowed by the incredible wave of shortstop talent that's come along in the last couple years

Cost Certainty

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Tim Anderson is a better player than Javier Baez. Not as interesting to watch, though.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Has this been posted? It's Grandpa dancing in a bedazzled cubs uniform.

I suck at phone posting too

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Suck it Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1mlCPMYtPk

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Mustached Demon posted:

Has this been posted? It's Grandpa dancing in a bedazzled cubs uniform.

I suck at phone posting too

"Is Grandpa Sexy?" :dong::corsair:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

The true kings of baseball regain their throne.

For about a day, at least.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

John Wilkes Booth posted:

Tim Anderson is a better player than Javier Baez. Not as interesting to watch, though.

The hottest of takes.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Dan Duquette reveals why he didn't try to sign Joey Bats:

quote:

Duquette: (Laughs) Well that was an easy one; our fans just don’t like Jose. We play those guys 25 times a year and he’s the face of the Blue Jays. He’s the villain in the play whenever we play the Blue Jays. I like our guys. Our guys are good. [Mark] Trumbo is like a working-class-type baseball player. If he was going to work every day on a construction site, you would understand that he brings that kind of work ethic every day. That’s the kind of player that our fans identify with. We try to get gritty players that work hard every day and give their best effort every day. Our fans seem to like that and respond to it.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Should have signed them both.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

seiferguy posted:

If Jose has a good season, do teams really think their own fans will still be against him? When has that ever been the case?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Spring Break My Heart posted:

If Jose has a good season, do teams really think their own fans will still be against him? When has that ever been the case?

https://twitter.com/BestFansStLouis/status/833741548630208516

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

seiferguy posted:

Would have been faster to say that his fans prefer white players, because that's what he's trying to say but won't.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

You have to remember that Duquette is a barely functional idiot.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Would have been faster to say that his fans prefer white players, because that's what he's trying to say but won't.

I wonder how Manny Machado feels about Duquette calling Bautista "the wrong kind of player".

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I want my baseball players to be someone I can sit down and have a beer with.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

I want my baseball players to be someone I can sit down and have a beer with.

Someone make a team of Travis Woods

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Someone make a team of Travis Woods

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Someone make a team of Oscar Taveras

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Someone make a team of CC Sabathias

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Julio Cruz posted:

I wonder how Manny Machado feels about Duquette calling Bautista "the wrong kind of player".

Machado's made it pretty clear that he fully intends to hit free agency running after the 2018 season.

Of course, if Duquette's still around, maybe he'll get all twisted up and pay him some ridiculous amount of money, like he did with Chris Davis (Scott Boras convinced Duquette that there was a ~mystery team~ out there that was willing to beat the Orioles' 7 / 154 offer, and so Duquette negotiated against himself and wound up coughing up an extra seven million bucks).

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Who wouldn't want to work construction with Joey bats

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

seiferguy posted:

Once again working class is associated with whiteness.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Timby posted:

Machado's made it pretty clear that he fully intends to hit free agency running after the 2018 season.

Of course, if Duquette's still around, maybe he'll get all twisted up and pay him some ridiculous amount of money, like he did with Chris Davis (Scott Boras convinced Duquette that there was a ~mystery team~ out there that was willing to beat the Orioles' 7 / 154 offer, and so Duquette negotiated against himself and wound up coughing up an extra seven million bucks).

I want to go back in time and argue in this thread that Manny Machado won't make it as a shortstop but also he will probably get as much or more money in free agency as Bryce Harper.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

tadashi posted:

I want to go back in time and argue in this thread that Manny Machado won't make it as a shortstop but also he will probably get as much or more money in free agency as Bryce Harper.

He might get moved to shortstop next year if Hardy's option doesn't vest, and based on how good he is at third I think he'd be good enough to stick there too.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Cross posting from the WBC thread, where everything is beautiful and nothing hurts:

N: Puerto Rico's run and enthusiasm on the island is actually impacting the local economy. Beauty shops are running out of hair dye/bleach to mimic the team's blonde trend.

http://nypost.com/2017/03/22/this-baseball-ritual-is-robbing-puerto-rico-of-its-hair-dye/

V: Go Team Yadi!

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

http://www.royalsreview.com/2017/3/21/14955334/lets-come-up-with-some-more-insane-food-items-for-the-royals-to-sell

quote:

Your ballpark food item is a smoked kielbasa wrapped in chicken tenders and deep fried, with a cupcake on top and smothered in teriyaki sauce

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Pancakes posted:

V: Go Team Carlos!

ftfy

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

New Concept Hole posted:

Man, Bochy really doesn't want to use Will Smith!

Well he keeps blowing leads to the Cubs.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Julio Cruz posted:

He might get moved to shortstop next year if Hardy's option doesn't vest, and based on how good he is at third I think he'd be good enough to stick there too.

Manny actually prefers to play SS

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Timby posted:

You don't have to be twisted up to offer Machado a ridiculous amount of money though.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

It's gonna own when machado and Mike Trout are Yankees

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Paul Zuvella posted:

It's gonna own when machado and Mike Trout are Yankees

Budget-concerned Yanks won't sign them. Maybe one, but not both.

Trout will probably get some insane deal by the Marlins and get traded. Or he gets extended by the Angels and falls from grace Albert Pujols style.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/844644683959746560

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

seiferguy posted:

Budget-concerned Yanks won't sign them. Maybe one, but not both.

They'll have gotten back under the luxury tax threshold by then! They'll be back to wheelin' and dealin'!

(They won't sign both of them but god drat would that be a thing.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

seiferguy posted:

ahh yes, the working class, I too am working class with my dozens of millions of dollars per year salary

that's some Taco Town poo poo

• Locked thread