Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Hm noticed that I still have a bug where my rounds hit a tank and explode but do no damage and I get no hit marker. Not a ricochet either; no ricochet sound effect or visual indicator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Trench_Rat posted:

Has anyone ever won as germans on Devils Anvil or lost as the French on the Marne operation?

I've had back to back marne ops as the French where the first match we literally swept both maps without losing a single battalion, followed by a match where we never even saw Rupture (to be fair our first behemoth was driven by someone who clearly had no idea what they were doing)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Finally unlocked the hellriegel, and just as I suspected, there is absolutely 0 skill required to use that gun. When a noob cannon.

Ain't it great?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Finally unlocked the hellriegel, and just as I suspected, there is absolutely 0 skill required to use that gun. When a noob cannon.

nah dude these 85 service stars mean im just ~*~good @ video games~*~

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Service stars are a great way to find the true spergs among men. 100 service stars with the heavy tank? Let me get my mortar..

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

lambskin posted:

Service stars are a great way to find the true spergs among men. 100 service stars with the heavy tank? Let me get my mortar..

I once had the pleasure of being killed by saw a dude with 20 service stars with the cavalry sword, I mean wtf.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

e.pilot posted:

I once had the pleasure of being killed by saw a dude with 20 service stars with the cavalry sword, I mean wtf.

Always be chopping!

I don't want to think about the amount of time one needs to spend playing bideo james to "achieve" something like this.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
Talk poo poo about calvary sword, get cut

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

e.pilot posted:

This is just impressive. Buy that horsie an account.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Trench_Rat posted:

Has anyone ever won as germans on Devils Anvil or lost as the French on the Marne operation?

FWIW I've played Devil's Anvil twice, both times as Germans, and we won both operations.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Ol Standard Retard posted:

I don't want to think about the amount of time one needs to spend playing bideo james to "achieve" something like this.

It took me about 36 hours to get 22 stars with the trench fighter.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Man I can't play these new maps for poo poo. Not sure if it's been because I've been back at uni for the last 6 weeks, but gently caress, I'm getting wrecked. By pubbies.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Abiggoat posted:

Man I can't play these new maps for poo poo. Not sure if it's been because I've been back at uni for the last 6 weeks, but gently caress, I'm getting wrecked. By pubbies.

I'm pretty sure they were designed with Frontlines™ in mind, more than any other game mode. I'd be happier with them if there were more cover options across the boards, instead of all the wide open spaces you have to cross. Parts of them are great, though, and parts are total poo poo...just like the players.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Trench_Rat posted:

yes, no because ive only played as german even tho ive played it at least ten times (i won all but 1, usually on the 3-cap rupture stage w/ the bridge)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

FastestGunAlive posted:

Hm noticed that I still have a bug where my rounds hit a tank and explode but do no damage and I get no hit marker. Not a ricochet either; no ricochet sound effect or visual indicator.

Story of my loving life right here.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

FastestGunAlive posted:

Just the games way of saying to join me on wildlands for some stupid fun times

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I'm the invisible man
I'm the invisible man
Incredible how you can
See right through me

http://i.imgur.com/2cCfkwa.mp4

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Skater h8er posted:

Nah

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Skater h8er posted:

Boyyy you know I'm always down to game w u. Just gonna be busy at work the rest the week so probably won't be on much til the weekend

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Hope you enjoyed your time as a Tank Hunter!

http://i.imgur.com/O013O4V.gifv

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

There are new variants of the rank 10 weapons on the CTE. A 120 round Helrigel with a bipod, a sniper variant Selbstalader, an optical variant Hout, and a sniper varient Martini-Henrey.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

sunday at work posted:

A 120 round Helrigel with a bipod,

Wonderful! Maybe next they'll make a magazine-fed shotgun with a flamethrower attachment?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Laminator posted:

Wonderful! Maybe next they'll make a magazine-fed shotgun with a flamethrower attachment?
Supposedly the new Hellriegel has poo poo for accuracy if you're not using the bipod, but it's :dice: so who knows how that will work out.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
With all the bullshit they're introducing, I really loving wish I hadn't just paid these idiots $50 for premium. All it'll do is further encourage their truly :dice: decisions.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Hamburlgar posted:

With all the bullshit they're introducing, I really loving wish I hadn't just paid these idiots $50 for premium. All it'll do is further encourage their truly :dice: decisions.

Counter point, the new maps and stuff they've already added so far is fun and good. I don't mind if there's more bad players using a poo poo accuracy hellreigel, ripe for the picking.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
anybody around tonight I haven't battled fields in a while and I've got an evening wtih nothing doin, hit up the Poophole, PSKrew

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Success, new maps rule, thanks Hamburlgarkrew.

Also, making pubby friends owns.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

anybody around tonight I haven't battled fields in a while and I've got an evening wtih nothing doin, hit up the Poophole, PSKrew

Hey sorry I didn't join up. Me and a buddy were on our last map. I'll get in next time

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Laminator posted:

CTE is also testing out applying the whole "replenishing infinite grenades" thing to devices.

So basically in addition to the wrench, the support can add his two ammo pouches to the "useless" devices he can use!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Which YouTube personality do I need to punch for all this pissing about with the ammo? It's been perfectly fine in my hundred and four hours of gameplay since launch. You have ammo, you use the ammo, and at some point you hope a support gives you more ammo. And, if not, you murder someone and take their ammo.

Trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist *grumble mutter*

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Parkingtigers posted:

Which YouTube personality do I need to punch for all this pissing about with the ammo? It's been perfectly fine in my hundred and four hours of gameplay since launch. You have ammo, you use the ammo, and at some point you hope a support gives you more ammo. And, if not, you murder someone and take their ammo.

Trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist *grumble mutter*

I agree. The best solution when you're running out of ammo, is to find and murder someone and take their kit.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

I heard in Hardline you could just walk up to a support player and resupply. Why not just do that? Keep the role for the class but don't make me dependent on some rear end who never drops a crate.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Really I think the only item that should have a built in respawn is spotting flares, and it should be slow, like every 2-5 minutes. All this poo poo with support changes is trying to fix something that isn't that broken.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

I think the perceived problem they are trying to "fix" is randoms not coordinating / making it easier to play by yourself. If you're in a squad that's communicating with each other there isn't any problem with the current system. But if you're listening to the average reddit pubbie getting some ammo probably sounds like much more of a problem.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
maybe reddit people should make some loving friends it's easy we did it with a rando medic who was kicking rear end last night, got him into the party by spamming invites and all of a sudden he was on board.

Game just isn't fun to play by yourself. Like, even in a squad full of pubbies... it becomes much less fun.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I don't even put the disc in if no one is playing. If I want online where you don't need chums I play Battlefront or TitanFall2.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

What time does the PSKrew play? Me and another goon play roughly between 7:30-10pm US Eastern and could use a crew.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

venutolo posted:

What time does the PSKrew play? Me and another goon play roughly between 7:30-10pm US Eastern and could use a crew.

depends on the night but I'm usually on for a little while during that time a few times a week
if you haven't already look up the Battlegoons psn community

i'm on right now and dice just gave me 2 battlepacks and an xp boost for logging in

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

sunday at work posted:

I heard in Hardline you could just walk up to a support player and resupply. Why not just do that? Keep the role for the class but don't make me dependent on some rear end who never drops a crate.

This. They already fixed the problem, let players press button on a medic/support to take health and ammo. That's all they need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Laminator posted:

Really I think the only item that should have a built in respawn is spotting flares, and it should be slow, like every 2-5 minutes. All this poo poo with support changes is trying to fix something that isn't that broken.
I'd be down for dropping the number of flares to 1 and giving it a respawn timer of 60-90 seconds, sped up by ammo pouches/crates. That way you can't spam them everywhere and have to think about whether you want to use one, but you also aren't screaming at the supports on your team to drop you ammo all the time once you're out.