Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

HebrewMagic posted:

Look just give me Christian Bale Costume Batman and make my special a 15 minute stretch of him verbally abusing my opponent

it's a 10-0 matchup vs Dr. Light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Jimmy Hats posted:

Why the heck would they pay to have the actress come and voice a TV show skin when nobody watches the TV show?

They likely would pay her normal VA wage, and it's promotion for the show. They did the same thing for Arrow in Injustice 1

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/844197521832534016

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Bernie Wrightson, creator of Swamp Thing, died March 19.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what's the deal with Dr Fate? he a magic guy?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kurtofan posted:

super magic dude, top tier ultramagic type stuff. just watch the Doctor Strange movie and pretend he has a helmet on the whole time

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Black Canary is clearly modeled after Kristen Bell, right? I can't be the only one who sees the resemblance.

Kurtofan posted:

Even though Dr. Fate came first by decades, I'm sure it'll be easier to say "Dr. Fate is DC's Dr. Strange".

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The Injustice 2 characters actually have facial scan actors in addition to their voice actors, so while she might look like Kristen Bell I'm sure it's someone else's face. they might have gone for someone with that kind of look though

It's interesting seeing the face scan mocap stuff get used in more games after it seemed like everyone abandoned the idea post-LA Noire. Netherrealm is doing a pretty good job with it, though the earlier trailers looked kind of weird

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

McSpanky posted:

Black Canary is clearly modeled after Kristen Bell, right? I can't be the only one who sees the resemblance.

Even though Dr. Fate came first by decades, I'm sure it'll be easier to say "Dr. Fate is DC's Dr. Strange".

that's the vibe i got from him, yeah

anyhow, what time for today's gameplay twitch session? It'll be robin vs dr fate.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

stream should be 4pm EST or so if I'm not mistaken

Kelp Plankton posted:

The Injustice 2 characters actually have facial scan actors in addition to their voice actors, so while she might look like Kristen Bell I'm sure it's someone else's face. they might have gone for someone with that kind of look though

It's interesting seeing the face scan mocap stuff get used in more games after it seemed like everyone abandoned the idea post-LA Noire. Netherrealm is doing a pretty good job with it, though the earlier trailers looked kind of weird

regardless of any complaints about their face tech, they've absolutely made huge strides from not only the face rendering from MK9/Injustice 1, but really moved far away from the objectively gross models they used for female characters (Kitana, Mileena, etc) You already see that in MKX and most characters save for like Catwoman look way better for it.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Were the weird looking faces at debut differant fce models or just unconjiggured face capture?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'm intrigued and cautiously hopeful that Superman as an embittered antihero in this story might end up being interesting, but I'm also cynically prepared for things to fizzle into a hamfisted redemptive arc with him. Guess we'll see.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Were the weird looking faces at debut differant fce models or just unconjiggured face capture?

The face models have been refined a lot, so they've changed, but more noticeably the lighting system's been overhauled entirely which makes more of a difference than you'd expect. The animations have also been adjusted a lot since then which makes a big difference too.

It was just earlier versions of everything basically. Stuff looks great now.

Robin/Fate stream is live by the way. Currently showing off Robin https://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

Robin/Fate stream is live by the way. Currently showing off Robin https://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm

They showed Cheetah's trailer about halfway through, her super is literally the Maximum Spider.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLJW-0Qrjvk Robin looks cool. Command runs are always fun to play around with and his ex-DP leading to a full combo is going to piss a lot of people off lmao. It's also cool seeing people literally melt down over it being Damien instead of any of the other kids.

EDIT: Dr. Fate looks cool too. It sucks that his dash isn't actually a tp though :(

fadam fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 23, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

full stream here if you missed it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-FT5kOMBAA

Dr. Fate is a really sick zoner, absolutely embodies being a wizard. Robin and his costumes are great and I love his mixups with the birdarang.

Don't miss the Swamp Thing/Cheetah match at the end, either; great showcase of how to counter a character with the other. I'm really loving all the characters on debut so far and hopefully we're going to be getting Flash soon, too.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what character are we getting today? captain cold?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

give me Plastic Man, netherrealm

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Booster Gold?!?!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

They'll show off a premire skin or Darksied cause why the hell should I preorder if I dont know what they look like

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://youtu.be/3a7Lx7HA1wI

Black Adam

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm completely convinced Shazam will be a premiere skin for him now. More than ever Black Adam looks extremely similar to Shazam in terms of pose and costume (he didn't have a cape in the previous game) I'm not upset by this since they're practically the same powerset of thunder magic and uberpowered poo poo anyway.

Scarecrow and Captain Cold are the last "new" characters we haven't really seen up close (though Cold kind of appears in a cutscene and Scarecrow's poo poo was leaked through mobile appearances.) The only character we haven't seen now is Joker. Anything apart from that will be a surprise, which we could still get; there are still a few slots on the website that aren't really for DLC.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 23, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

That supposed leak that listed Premiere Costumes for everyone said Red Hood would be in (and have an Arkham Knight skin) and so would Starfire (with a Blackfire skin) so I'm holding out some hope that it's legit, but at this point I'm skeptical since the rest of it could just be piggybacking off the previous leak.

That said, Black Adam's super move is rad as hell

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I am excited for Supergirl to be Not terrible for once

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I can't believe NRS can make better facial animations than Bioware in 2017

Kelp Plankton posted:

smashing someone into a pyramid and having the top blow off like a teakettle so lightning fries your enemy is loving rad. Robin, Deadshot, Doctor Fate, Firestorm, and Wonder Woman have the most boring finishers I've seen so far.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I would argue Grodd's is pretty boring, too.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

I would argue Grodd's is pretty boring, too.

it's been so goddamn long since I saw Grodd in any capacity that I can barely remember

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm excited for this game but goddamn is it ugly. They've been through like nine different revisions and upgrades and Supergirl's face still looks like poo poo.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
If red hood becomes playable I will tattoo ed boon's face on my chest

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Kelp Plankton posted:

It's going to be fun going through story/arcade mode with him and watching him blow the same pyramid to fuckery eight times in a row.

There's probably a really aggravated work crew that keeps having to put it back together to protect the tourism industry, but no, here comes Black fuckin' Adam and whatever tights clown he's pummeling this week--

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

HebrewMagic posted:

quoting for posterity

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Red Hood would be bad rear end because this game needs more characters with their faces completely covered.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

HebrewMagic posted:

:toxx: this or no guts

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

I'm excited for this game but goddamn is it ugly. They've been through like nine different revisions and upgrades and Supergirl's face still looks like poo poo.

all of them were rough as gently caress at the start and have gotten better. the gulf between this and even MKX is huge, it's still impressive by how much they improved since then. Catwoman and Black Adam look hilarious right now, though. I can't imagine how Joker is gonna look but it can't be worse than Injustice 1's snaggle-toothed lockjaw Joker with receding hairline.

I'm actually really stoked by how much variety is in the gear aesthetics. being able to go straight Evil Nightwing without the hoodie for Robin is cool and we might even get a bo-staff Nightwing alt skin.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Black Adam was my favorite character in Injustice so I'm glad he's back

Fingers crossed for The Rock skin

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

All of them were rough as gently caress at the start and have gotten better. The gulf between this and even MKX is huge, it's still impressive by how much they improved since then.

And the jump from Injustice to MKX was mindblowing. Like for anything you can fault Netherrealm over, it's not a lack of trying to improve.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I think catwoman looks good tho so ????????

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

And Black Adam looked okay at my paused video glance? He just looks like an indian or middle eastern duder with superpowers.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Always been a huge fan of Black Adam and his "no mood for your poo poo" attitude in the comics. Glad to see he seems to be getting a solid aesthetic treatment in this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Black Adam is probably one of the most dangerous fuckers in DC history so it's cool he's going to be getting in Superman's poo poo in this game. Naturally Gavok's writeup is probably the best way to read about it but the dude singlehandedly caused World War 3 by killing like 2 million people in Asia and proceeded to destroy like every major landmark on earth. Presuming The Rock is still attached to the movie role I hope they go full bore with his absolute justice shtick.

• Locked thread