Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on George Osborne's new role at London Evening Standard – George Osborne has come under pressure to step down as MP for Tatton after his surprise appointment as the editor of the London newspaper"

Telegraph:

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The demons that haunt Theresa May's dreams – Chris Riddell on the mounting pressures facing the prime minister"

Sunday Telegraph:

Gordon Brown pushes 'patriotic' third option for Scotland after Brexit

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
dammit Chris how many times must you make that one cartoon

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Angepain posted:

dammit Chris how many times must you make that one cartoon

I'm too lazy to do it, but someone should put all of his nightmare/political figure asleep cartoons into one post.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Maybe he suffers crippling hypnagogic hallucinations of political issues demanding to be made relevant.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
He's done the whole Leader's Nightmare bit at least 3 times in the past 3 years.

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Chuck Berry and the week in news – Figures from all walks of life have paid tribute to rock’n’roll pioneer Chuck Berry after the announcement that he had died at home in Missouri"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well. They all sprinted after that visual didn't they.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

goatface posted:

Well. They all sprinted after that visual didn't they.

i love it

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Insightful. Incisive.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
It not even plugged in!!!!!! The daft scotch cow!!!!!!!!!! hehehehehehheheehhehe :newlol:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
In this piece, the 'Ding-a-Ling' is a metaphor for the ill-fated Darien scheme, as the artist warns Scotland of the risks of ventures further afield. The drums represent the Aiken Drum, invoking images of Jacobitism and the Battle of Sheriffmuir. The stark black background brings to mind the imprimatura of the Renaissance masters, and the overall facial expression and large speech bubble bereft of useful content remind us that the cartoonist is a hack.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

so is the joke that nicola has a penis or is that my bad for assuming this guy actually thought about his cartoon at all

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
I didn't think he was implying that, just Sturgeon singing a popular Chuck Berry song.

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on triggering article 50 – Theresa May will trigger article 50, the formal mechanism for starting negotiations for Britain to leave the European Union, on Wednesday 29 March, the prime minister’s spokesman has confirmed" After Thelwell.

Telegraph:

Labour: Tom Watson attacks Momentum-Unite 'secret plan'

Independent:

Times:

Guardian Sport:

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

I'm too lazy to do it, but someone should put all of his nightmare/political figure asleep cartoons into one post.

I did this on New Year's Day 2015, apparently. IIRC he's done about four more since then.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I have trouble being too upset with the reuse of concepts when the work is being produced at such a high rate and level of artistic quality.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
He should just illustrate a children's book and get it out of his system. Those are some nice monsters.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
why are there so many 'going over a cliff' metaphors?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Baloogan posted:

It's the Page for the Age of Modern Britain. :britain:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Baloogan posted:

Cliffs of Dover, or something.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Baloogan posted:

Theresa May said she wanted a good Brexit deal to avoid the cliff-edge and has then gone about pointing us towards the worst deal we could possibly negotiate without just not bothering at all.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

He should just illustrate a children's book and get it out of his system. Those are some nice monsters.

He's done several, actually!

Also that Indy is the fairest to Corbyn I've seen from a non-left source (because it at least acknowledges that the problems with Labour are deeper than Corbyn)

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Labour party and 'secret plots' – Len McCluskey called Labour’s deputy leader Tom Watson a backstabber who lives in a ‘world of skulduggery, smears and secret plots’" Also a reference to this If strip from last year.

Independent:

Martin McGuinness obituary

Times:

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Yeah, as Forums Terrorist said, he's done lots. When I first started reading this thread I thought "oh, the Edge Chronicles guy!"

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Yeah, as Forums Terrorist said, he's done lots. When I first started reading this thread I thought "oh, the Edge Chronicles guy!"

He did a great job of illustrating Coraline, as we're talking about childrens' books.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the attack in Westminster – Four people have died, including a police officer, and at least 20 people were injured in a terror attack outside the Houses of Parliament, the Metropolitan police have confirmed"

Telegraph:

After Herge, and this tweet.

Times:

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the aftermath of the Westminster terror attack – Ukip politicians spoke out on Thursday, with Nigel Farage blaming multiculturalism and Paul Nuttall saying the Muslim community needed to do more to rid Britain of the ‘cancer’ of extremism"

Telegraph:

Indpendent:

Nicola Sturgeon warns Theresa May independence referendum block will be 'indefensible' after MSPs vote this week

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on 'patriotic' reactions to the Westminster attack – Marine Le Pen, the French far-right leader, is among those to have linked the London attack to migrant policy – despite the attacker being British"

Telegraph:

EU leaders mark 60th anniversary with Rome declaration; Philip Hammond 'does not recognise' EU demands for a £50 billion Brexit 'divorce bill'

The i paper:

Times:

Not sure, my best guess is Britain's top family judge attacks 'hypocrisy' of law that forces unhappy partners to prove bad behaviour

Stephen Collins:

:scotland: Last week's National:

National: (timg'd by request)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think the gold frippary on the sleeves marks that lady out as a Lord/Lady Appeal Judge, and that speech would only make sense in the criminal courts.

No idea.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

goatface posted:

I think the gold frippary on the sleeves marks that lady out as a Lord/Lady Appeal Judge, and that speech would only make sense in the criminal courts.

No idea.

It turns out it's Lord chief justice attacks Liz Truss for failing to back article 50 judges.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh right, Lord Chancellor robes. Explains the lack of a wig.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"London, always defiant and determined – Chris Riddell on the Westminster attack and the capital’s long history of resistance to terror"

Sunday Telegraph:

Ukip's only MP Douglas Carswell quits party

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Times:

Was kind of on board with it until I noticed the crying face on Big Ben.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Bit melodramatic, really. Also silly. I don't think the RA would have got very far if they'd walked around London dressed up like that :rolleye:

just remembered my avatar

crispix fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Mar 26, 2017

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Times:

I like this one. I assume it's supposed to be a pastiche of the hacks who phone in crying [national/municipal icon] days after the event and can't even draw the flag of where it happened properly.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

I like this one. I assume it's supposed to be a pastiche

How can you possibly be on this forum for this long and still have enough faith in humanity left to believe this

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Because it's mildly funny if read as a pastiche and just cringeworthy if read sincerely.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's unfair to criticize a Sunday paper for commenting on something "days after the event". Hell, it's hard to ask for novelty in an expression of sorrow.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

I can't help thinking newspaper cartoons are a rather bad medium for sincere expressions of sorrow in the first place. Or, well, national newspapers in general, to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

TomViolence posted:

I can't help thinking newspaper cartoons are a rather bad medium for sincere expressions of sorrow in the first place. Or, well, national newspapers in general, to be honest.

Sure, but can I ask you about your 80,000 word Wallace and Gromit slash fiction?