Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Not gonna lie, I was hoping the ending would be a dark souls esque duel with Ganon

Oh well. Really really good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm v. bad at this game. What's the best way to get regular arrows and rupees early game?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

I'm v. bad at this game. What's the best way to get regular arrows and rupees early game?

in the early game, kill bokoblin archers and pick up the arrows they shoot at you and miss with. for rupees, do some vaguely grindy stuff - drop blue chuchus into bonfires, so they turn into red chuchus (worth three times as much.) bake apples, cook food to sell.

may as well sell any rocks and ores you find as well - later you will likely be drippin' in em

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

GobiasIndustries posted:

Run around a tower that has a bokoblin with a bow, he'll keep shooting at you and miss if you keep moving and you can pick up his arrows. Rupees, sell ore or make food and sell it.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
How do I get a blupee to respawn for the korok side quest?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Sell extra food and elixirs (keep a few of each kind and sell the remainder). Sell gemstones except luminous stones and diamonds. You'll be rich enough in short order that you can think nothing of walking into a vendor and buying 60 or 80 arrows.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Harrow posted:

Are you doing a mid-air shot for the slo-mo?

Yep

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Reinanigans posted:

How do I get a blupee to respawn for the korok side quest?

I usually see them around the Kakariko great fairy at night.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I usually see them around the Kakariko great fairy at night.

Yeah, I tried that, but I've slept at a campfire and they still won't respawn.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Blood moon?

Can't say I paid enough attention to know for sure but they come back eventually

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

alf_pogs posted:

in the early game, kill bokoblin archers and pick up the arrows they shoot at you and miss with. for rupees, do some vaguely grindy stuff - drop blue chuchus into bonfires, so they turn into red chuchus (worth three times as much.) bake apples, cook food to sell.

may as well sell any rocks and ores you find as well - later you will likely be drippin' in em

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Run around a tower that has a bokoblin with a bow, he'll keep shooting at you and miss if you keep moving and you can pick up his arrows. Rupees, sell ore or make food and sell it.

Sade posted:

Sell extra food and elixirs (keep a few of each kind and sell the remainder). Sell gemstones except luminous stones and diamonds. You'll be rich enough in short order that you can think nothing of walking into a vendor and buying 60 or 80 arrows.

Done, done, and done. Question tho, why not sell diamonds (and luminous stones)? I've stumbled into 4 diamonds before my first dungeon and they seem to have a hefty selling price

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Blood moon?

Can't say I paid enough attention to know for sure but they come back eventually

I got it. I was used to seeing it right next to the fairy fountain. Turned the sheikah sensor on to search for one and found it right away.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Reinanigans posted:

Yeah, I tried that, but I've slept at a campfire and they still won't respawn.

Just go on with your day and the next time you wanna upgrade something head back there at night and it should show up

It's a whimsical magic rabbit it doesn't turn up when you want it to!!!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

GobiasIndustries posted:

Done, done, and done. Question tho, why not sell diamonds (and luminous stones)? I've stumbled into 4 diamonds before my first dungeon and they seem to have a hefty selling price

Well don't sell luminous stones. You can exchange them for Diamonds in Zora's domain.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Regy Rusty posted:

Just go on with your day and the next time you wanna upgrade something head back there at night and it should show up

It's a whimsical magic rabbit it doesn't turn up when you want it to!!!

Nah, I brute forced my way into finding one, so there!!!!

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well don't sell luminous stones. You can exchange them for Diamonds in Zora's domain.

If all you're after is rupees, selling Luminous Stones directly will net you more rupees than trading them in for a Diamond first.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

GobiasIndustries posted:

Diamonds can be used in the upgrading of a particular headgear. Aside from that, not sure if there's a reason to hold onto them.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Can I enter Guredo without the Guredo gear at any point? Why is a Goron allowed to

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

a.lo posted:

Can I enter Guredo without the Guredo gear at any point? Why is a Goron allowed to

No. Gorons as it turns out are asexual, who knew?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Not me

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I imagine when the Gorons approached the gate the guard just silently thought for a moment before waving them in when she realized she didn't know anything about Goron biology, and she didn't want to be rude by asking them about it.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

Elixirs sell for way more than the component parts. You won't need fireflies or dragonflies for upgrades so feel free to use them to mix up some potions with one bug and four monster parts which will sell for over a hundred rupees each.

I wound up using Beedle as my arrow dealer throughout the game. He can be found at pretty much any stable so it was convenient to find him. Other than buying them, you can collect arrows when they're shot at you...

Spoiler for the stolen heirloom subquest: "Would you stay with Paya through the day?" (hit a to continue) BLOOD MOON!

The sudden cut scene surprised me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Where is the shrine in the Zora city? I can't find it anywhere.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Where is the shrine in the Zora city? I can't find it anywhere.

You mean the one in the middle of town?

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

It was literally the first thing I saw while strolling into town. Heck, I didn't even see the town!

EDIT:
Like, I walked for two minutes down a straight bridge, staring straight at the shrine in the distance.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

same. it's the first thing I went to.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh geez. I spent like 20 minutes all around the top and bottom and surrounding areas and never even caught a glimpse of it somehow. :v:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MonsterEnvy posted:

Ten luminous stones are worth more than one diamond.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I flew over the bridge directly into Zora town as God intended

which surprised Sidon because he was waiting to see me use the bridge

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

Oh geez. I spent like 20 minutes all around the top and bottom and surrounding areas and never even caught a glimpse of it somehow. :v:

If it helps, the shrine is basically the only fully enclosed structure in the entire kingdom.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

GobiasIndustries posted:

Diamonds are used to reforge legendary weapons you get from completing the 4 main dungeons. Those weapons are all pretty useful, so its worth holding onto them. Rupees really aren't hard to get anyways, especially once you reach the parts where you need to spend a ton.

The easiest way to make money is to mash 4 of your most valuable monster parts with a critter to make an elixir. Elixirs multiply the value of everything used to make them when sold, so its the best way to make cash from monsters. If you need critters, just cut some grass and grab the crickets that spawn or catch fireflies at night. Bokoblin/Moblin fangs and lizalfos talons are the best common ingredients for this. Everything else should be saved for your own potions or only sold if you know for sure that you wont need it for upgrading something.

a.lo posted:

Rocks can't be men. Or women for that matter. Just rocks.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

what the gently caress http://kotaku.com/the-worst-mission-in-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-1793526430

how can people say this was FF15 chapter 13 levels of horrid I feel like I am taking crazy pills. I beat this mission on the first loving try, jesus it was piss easy

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Internet Kraken posted:

That's not what I asked though. I wanna know if its actually possible to avoid that attack with a dodge or I should just stop trying.

Zelda's potential unlocking had gently caress all to do with knowledge though. She just pulled it out of nowhere at the last possible moment. Presumably because she didn't believe hard enough beforehand. It wasn't the first moment she needed it either. If she had done it earlier than Link wouldn't of nearly died and the whole 100 years of despair could of been avoided.

Like, I like the idea that Zelda actually utilizes her intelligence to realize her potential, but that doesn't happen at all.

Zelda has the Triforce of Deus Ex Machina.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Well, I think I just accidentally did my biggest cheese yet in that shrine in zoras domain.

It looked like one of the more complex ones so I was surprised that I was able to solve it just by running up the ramp and chucking a bomb at the ball. It rolled down the ramp perfectly and I just used a palm tree leaf to fan it into the dish. Took all of 30 seconds.

I was pretty surprised to see that they would fill a shrine with red herrings like that and it turns out there was supposed to be way more to it than that :lol:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-21-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-shrines-trials-shrine-orbs-heart-containers-pieces-4857?page=29

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

what the gently caress http://kotaku.com/the-worst-mission-in-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-1793526430

how can people say this was FF15 chapter 13 levels of horrid I feel like I am taking crazy pills. I beat this mission on the first loving try, jesus it was piss easy

I hosed up a few times and got really annoyed. Then I ended up getting lost while I was trying to keep track of him and stumbled on the shrine. I thought about going back in to try to find him again, but decided to just wait for him to show up.

The article posted:

“That mission is a dumpster fire,” said Kotaku’s new features editor Chris Kohler upon hearing that I was writing this article. “That mission is the Final Fantasy XV Chapter 13 of Breath of the Wild,” he elaborated, “except Chapter 13 doesn’t last as long.”

I can't believe that this is at all article-worthy, and that this person thinks an optional quest that lasts all of three minutes when done correctly is comparable to FFXV's 3 hour long corridor section. Like, you can look up how to do this one super easy (hint: follow the flowers and just wait for him to come) but no amount of walkthroughs was gonna shorten Chapter 13 without a patch.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

MinibarMatchman posted:

While it took me a couple tries, the only thing that really drove me nuts was I was worried that talking to him at the end would fail the mission, so I activated and entered the shrine. Then I found out that you DO have to talk to him after he reaches the end and had to do it one more time.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The forest tailing quest rules, it purposely fakes you out at least twice to troll you into failing.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

GI_Clutch posted:

While it took me a couple tries, the only thing that really drove me nuts was I was worried that talking to him at the end would fail the mission, so I activated and entered the shrine. Then I found out that you DO have to talk to him after he reaches the end and had to do it one more time.

Same.
It's pretty garbage but it's optional at the very least.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

I mean, if that's a dumpster fire and "the worst mission ever" in Breath of the Wild then the game is a literal masterpiece*. That mission takes, what.. less than 5 minutes? It's hilariously easy, literally all you have to do is keep an eye on him while you move from behind tree to tree to stay out of sight. :psyduck: This is literally babby's first stealth mission, have these people not played a videogame before?

* it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

there are a few uses for some key gems later on in the game.

that said, thanks to the glorious, not-buggy-at-all, perfectly functional blood moon mechanic, you can basically grind forever. i've sold a bunch and whenever i need a diamond i just go find some big talus' to knock around