Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

GobiasIndustries posted:

Done, done, and done. Question tho, why not sell diamonds (and luminous stones)? I've stumbled into 4 diamonds before my first dungeon and they seem to have a hefty selling price

Yeah holding into some diamonds can be nice for what they are used in, but in the early game it's totally worth it to sell at least a couple for some starting funding. Even if I love the armor piece that actually uses Diamond, and it only needs a grand total of about 12 or so for the first three ranks anyways (a bit more if you don't know where to loot one). Was worth it for me to just up and sell my first few.

Rank 4 armor upgrades are a problem for AFTER you can consider 10,000 rupies something you can afford :v: Even if the few nice weapons that use diamonds towards repairs can be gotten as fast or slow as you want basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I did that Korok Shrine quest first try without any stealth elixirs or gear, what the heck. Comparing it to XV c13 is insane, and I'm a partial apologist for that chapter.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The secret to tailing Oakie is to not. If you get messed up by the wolf you've already seen the 90% of the path, and you're not required to keep sight of him. So you can just run ahead, find the shrine, and wait for him to catch up. Him calling for help is a total dick move, but it's really simple to redo.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This man needs to be stopped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYbgVwBTV9I

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

No. Keep going.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I really hope they fix the sheikah sensor at some point. When the thing is going nuts and beeping like crazy and the whole thing is lit up, I shouldn't still be half a mile away from the butterfly that hasn't even spawned in yet. I'm trying to collect smotherwings and my sensor gets a hit so I hone in on which direction it is. Then I'm crouching slowly towards where I think it is and I get a constant loud beeping for minutes at a time with no drat butterflies. They need to quiet that beeping down a bunch too, holy poo poo that's annoying. Or just get rid of it entirely. I can make do with the symbol in the corner.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I really hope they fix the sheikah sensor at some point. When the thing is going nuts and beeping like crazy and the whole thing is lit up, I shouldn't still be half a mile away from the butterfly that hasn't even spawned in yet. I'm trying to collect smotherwings and my sensor gets a hit so I hone in on which direction it is. Then I'm crouching slowly towards where I think it is and I get a constant loud beeping for minutes at a time with no drat butterflies. They need to quiet that beeping down a bunch too, holy poo poo that's annoying. Or just get rid of it entirely. I can make do with the symbol in the corner.

For butterflies specifically, the things are probably above you floating in space. They were very annoying to farm.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Drewjitsu posted:

For butterflies specifically, the things are probably above you floating in space. They were very annoying to farm.

I'll just use my ninja suit so I can...burst into flames without a temporary elixir made from ingredients I need to farm for upgrades, right.

Yeah I need to get back on hunting down butterflies again... And Hinox guts. Man, I've completed the Barbarian armor rank 1-4 entirely. And in that span of time, I have gotten a grand total of 3 hinox guts dropped in that time despite also killing piles of those with sneak to spin to win.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 23, 2017

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Your Computer posted:

I mean, if that's a dumpster fire and "the worst mission ever" in Breath of the Wild then the game is a literal masterpiece*. That mission takes, what.. less than 5 minutes? It's hilariously easy, literally all you have to do is keep an eye on him while you move from behind tree to tree to stay out of sight. :psyduck: This is literally babby's first stealth mission, have these people not played a videogame before?

* it is

It actually took me more tries than the yiga camp stealth section. Oaki was hard to see, looked back at a couple of odd moments, and of course there was the wolf.

I never thought of sneaking past and waiting at the shrine, because of course he doesn't actually need you to watch him, he gets through fine on his own!!!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The quest is bad, not hard. It has literally two challenges that are kinda bullshit and appear towards the end so it's a dumb time waster. Other than that it's just following the idiot for a few minutes. It should take no more than three tries.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

MinibarMatchman posted:

what the gently caress http://kotaku.com/the-worst-mission-in-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-1793526430

how can people say this was FF15 chapter 13 levels of horrid I feel like I am taking crazy pills. I beat this mission on the first loving try, jesus it was piss easy

I hated the Trial of Wood more than that because of it restarting immediately when you go out of bounds, and the awful mud. I screwed Oaki's quest up once, and it was hilarious.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

I hated the Trial of Wood more than that because of it restarting immediately when you go out of bounds, and the awful mud. I screwed Oaki's quest up once, and it was hilarious.

trial of wood may as well be called trial of bombs. get to blastin'

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MinibarMatchman posted:

what the gently caress http://kotaku.com/the-worst-mission-in-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-1793526430

how can people say this was FF15 chapter 13 levels of horrid I feel like I am taking crazy pills. I beat this mission on the first loving try, jesus it was piss easy

It was annoying as gently caress, but comparing it to FF15 chapter 13 is straight ridiculous because its entirely optional while chapter 13 is required in FF15.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Trial of Wood was bullshit because I had to do 2-3 banzai runs just to figure out where the hell to go. Then every time I tried to cheese it a little bit, it would reset me.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Did the stealth quest in one try, it's not hard and at worst it's harmless.

That one where you're only given wooden equipment and have to make your way through an area with a bunch of fire keese without losing your poo poo can gently caress right off, though.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Did the stealth quest in one try, it's not hard and at worst it's harmless.

That one where you're only given wooden equipment and have to make your way through an area with a bunch of fire keese without losing your poo poo can gently caress right off, though.

Keese dislikes smoke

I think I ended up probably-cheesing-but-maybe-not-actually that area by finding a place where I could run along a sloped tree trunk to get past a seemingly-impassible muddy thorn area and then skipped the entire last bit by ice blocking my way to the end

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Is there a trick to getting the retro armor out of this Amiibo or should I keep playing the save scum slot machine?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

gypsyshred posted:

Is there a trick to getting the retro armor out of this Amiibo or should I keep playing the save scum slot machine?

You just save scum until you get a piece, then you save again and wait until the next day. I only had a reload a few times to get all my OoT stuff.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The tailing quest barely even requires you to hide you can pretty much stay in the long grass, I agree that the trial of wood was much more annoying.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So, there's a shrine puzzle quest south of the Zora area. It effectively says find something with a crown of bone, and bring it back to the glowing circle. I immediately thought hmm...are there any buck in the area? And sure enough, there was one, mounted it, brought it over, and it worked! It's probably something everyone else got here right away, but I felt really smart in the moment...and this game's full of that kind of stuff.

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010
I accidentally came across that special mount thing on Satori mountain and tamed it, but I'm going to assume I can't register it, can I?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I found the Spirit King. That is a hell of a thing to stumble on to. Also this game is insane. I durdle around for a few hours accomplishing nothing main progression-wise, then when I'm messing around in the lakes in Zora's and decide to take the waterfall into whatever that northern area is called, then decide to go East and lo, I'm at the peak of Death Mountain and I hang glide my way to the top of the tower. How the gently caress are you supposed to get there from anywhere normal? I had made a few attempts before that led absolutely nowhere.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

H2Eau posted:

I accidentally came across that special mount thing on Satori mountain and tamed it, but I'm going to assume I can't register it, can I?

The game doesn't let you register anything fun as a mount other than giant horse.

Has anyone tried riding a stalhorse to the Horse Fairy? I assume it does nothing but you never know.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Is there a way to see how many uses of a Divine Skill I have left without having to turn the scrub HUD back on? I don't see a count on the inventory screen even when I highlight the skills.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Does anyone know when Kilton gets new stuff in? Is it related to beating divine beasts or gaining hearts?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I finally beat the game but I had spent hours upgrading armor beforehand to 3-4 star, so Ganon could barely do anything to me and I very sloppily beat him.... did I ruin the endgame experience? Throughout the game I've only ever felt scared of the guardians and lynels at first, though the ones in Hyrule Castle ended up being too easy after farming lynels regularly...

have some lynel fanart

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEdg4glpCkg

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Runcible Cat posted:

Does anyone know when Kilton gets new stuff in? Is it related to beating divine beasts or gaining hearts?

Maybe it's gated by a span of time? I didn't get around to visiting him until I had activated every tower, killed myself a few Lynels and Hinoxes already, etc.

I shopped at him once, he had basically nothing and I dumped a bunch of lizal parts for coins.
Second time, Boko masks! Cash in more lizard parts.
Third time, Moblin masks! Cash in more lizard parts.

Fourth time. Nothing new. cash in some lizard parts.
Figth time, nothing new. cash in some lizard parts for the hell of it.

Much, MUCH later and many times not bothering to even visit his shop when I saw it visible? He apparently skipped to having everything else. Lizalfos mask, Lynel mask, accesories for my horse.

So unless the game bugged out and skipped a few steps, looks like passage of time was far more important than how often I was buying and selling from him.

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I finally beat the game but I had spent hours upgrading armor beforehand to 3-4 star, so Ganon could barely do anything to me and I very sloppily beat him.... did I ruin the endgame experience? Throughout the game I've only ever felt scared of the guardians and lynels at first, though the ones in Hyrule Castle ended up being too easy after farming lynels regularly...
Whatever grade your armor is, standard enemies with non poo poo weapons seem like they will gently caress you up way more when they hit you. A Moblin with a dragonbone two hander, or a lizalfos with lightning arrows on the way to Zora's domain, etc.

Getting sweet gear certainly made a difference. But you'd still notice a difference even if you had lower tier gear.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Mar 23, 2017

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Section Z posted:

Maybe it's gated by a span of time? I didn't get around to visiting him until I had activated every tower, killed myself a few Lynels and Hinoxes already, etc.

I shopped at him once, he had basically nothing and I dumped a bunch of lizal parts for coins.
Second time, Boko masks! Cash in more lizard parts.
Third time, Moblin masks! Cash in more lizard parts.

Fourth time. Nothing new. cash in some lizard parts.
Figth time, nothing new. cash in some lizard parts for the hell of it.

Much, MUCH later and many times not bothering to even visit his shop when I saw it visible? He apparently skipped to having everything else. Lizalfos mask, Lynel mask, accesories for my horse.

So unless the game bugged out and skipped a few steps, looks like passage of time was far more important than how often I was buying and selling from him.
First time I saw him he had the boko mask and maybe the bridle/saddle, 2nd he'd added the moblin and lizal masks and the bridle/saddle if he hadn't before, since then nothing for about 3 days. Oh well, I'll drop in whenever I see him and not make an effort.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

First time I went to him he had boko, Moblin, Lizalfos, and Lynel mask and horse armor and mop and spring loaded hammer

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

Runcible Cat posted:

His inventory expands with the number of divine beasts you have completed. He won't sell the dark suit until you have beaten all 4.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

Done, done, and done. Question tho, why not sell diamonds (and luminous stones)? I've stumbled into 4 diamonds before my first dungeon and they seem to have a hefty selling price

Diamonds have some uses and they're not quite as easy to come by as the other gems. You can still sell them without that much worry, it's just going to take more effort to get more if you want them for item crafting or upgrades later than with other gems.

If you do want to sell diamonds or luminous stones, sell luminous stones instead. Turning them into diamonds and then selling actually loses you money. Each luminous stone sells for 70 rupees, and ten of them are required to get a diamond (so 700 rupees worth). Diamonds sell for 500 each. So if you're farming luminous stones for money, just sell the stones, not the diamonds.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

WanderingKid posted:

His inventory expands with the number of divine beasts you have completed. He won't sell the dark suit until you have beaten all 4.
Makes sense; I've only done 2 so far.

I'm already getting a poo poo-ton of silver enemies, do they ramp up with more divine beasts or is it just a hearts thing? (I have 13 and max stamina.)

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Does anyone know a spot to get a forest dwellers shield? I want one to take with me but the little korok rear end in a top hat who runs the trial of wood wont let you keep the gear after the first time.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I entered Hyrule Castle for a bit and was saddened when my brother said "oh finally, I wanna see what Darknuts do in this game" :(

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Mylan posted:

Does anyone know a spot to get a forest dwellers shield? I want one to take with me but the little korok rear end in a top hat who runs the trial of wood wont let you keep the gear after the first time.

Pretty sure there is one in the northwest labyrinth.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is forest dweller stuff any good? I've just been tossing mine.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Here is a very good video about this game's music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FWVKu1gnWs

I particularly liked the look at how Tarrey Town's music changes over the course of the quest, something I was generally aware of but hadn't noticed the specifics.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

parallelodad posted:

Is forest dweller stuff any good? I've just been tossing mine.

It works in thunderstorms, but other than that not really. Just wanted one to hang in my house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Mylan posted:

It works in thunderstorms, but other than that not really. Just wanted one to hang in my house.

My house just has all of the champion's personal weapons + some random bow and shields. While the house is cool it could've been much cooler.