Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
If that is the case, best time to sell is probably now, and then rebuy when it's rereleased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

ShowTime posted:

If that is the case, best time to sell is probably now, and then rebuy when it's rereleased.

I haven't played in three weeks, and the next time I know for sure I'm playing is next Thursday. I can't wait for a reprint so more people get into it, but time is money, and it's going to be time consuming to rebuy everything once it's re-released. Plus you'll have that period of time where everyone's cracking packs and building decks and you won't have anything to play them with until you buy a new collection.

I am getting rid of my extra stuff, but I'd already planned on that.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ShowTime posted:

Sounds like way too much effort

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

canyoneer posted:

Word is that in FFG's presentation at GAMA trade show in Vegas today, they said the "limited" reprint of Awakenings does not mean a "small" reprint of Awakenings, and they are printing enough that they expect it to be in stock for a while.
Hang in there, dudes.

Holy gently caress, why are FFG so bad at communicating with their player base? If they had just said that in the article all the gloom and doom would never have come to light like it did. Even calling it limited is the opposite of what they're now saying. :psyduck:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Here is a video on the presentation: https://www.facebook.com/PairADiceGames/videos/1393280000737226/

Still watching. So far all i've heard is that the Oct preorders for it were abysmal. Like one of their biggest manufacturing efforts but some of their lowest preorders.

Edit: 3:40 is where he says limited was not correct and that it will be a significant reprint.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 15, 2017

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
That Finn alt art is raddddd

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I watched that video, and it really doesn't sound that good. Each expansion soon set is only goings-on be printed for 3 months. That's how long awakenings was printed for, and this limited reprint is only going to be printed for like a month or so before set 3 goes to print or they screw up their entire 3 set per year goal.

This really doesn't sound better at all.

Edit: actually I can't do math, awakenings wa printed for 5 months. So they either had catastrophic issues with getting dice right, or this game is hosed.

I saw all that and it doesn't SOUND good to me. But I really do hope it's enough to meet demand well enough. I honestly love this game and I just don't want to be buying into yet another dead game. I played Duel Masters AND Kaijudo!
VVVVVVVVVVVVV

Elblanco fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 15, 2017

Melusine
Sep 5, 2013

Here's a summary of https://www.facebook.com/PairADiceGames/videos/1393280000737226/ via Reddit.

I would say that the video is actually really reassuring. It's very clear that FFG knows they underproduced (since no one wanted Destiny prior to it's release) and now they're planning to produce SoR and future Destiny product in far larger numbers. Also, the fact that Awakenings was FFG's largest print run in history despite the initial lack of demand is eye-opening too.

~~~

— Awakenings was in production since June, with heavy production issues. Awakenings would've shipped around October or so to reach stores in Dec 1 (assume production continued up to Nov or so before shifting to SoR).
— Awakenings original print run was the largest print run of a game in FFG history
— Pre-orders were abysmal. It sounds like one store (guessing Team Covenant) pre-ordered more boxes than all but one of the DISTRIBUTORS did. FFG thought the game was DOA.
— SoR went into production in Nov/Dec.
— After game took off, production team was working with China factories 24/7 to increase production lines and multiply the amount of production they could do
— Reprint of Awakenings is NOT a small reprint. It's a "huge leap of faith" and a gigantic print. Will it satisfy demand? They don't know, due to the game being a "runaway train"
— SoR print run was also increased big time due to the demand for Awakenings
— You will be able to play with just SoR cards
— SoR releases in waves, just one print run (assuming they are still printing more SoR for later waves of SoR)
— Set 3 will be available in early fall
— Holiday = Base set. Always will be in print in both starters and expansions to get people into the game
— Preview event for set 2 didn't go how they wanted, they planned not to do it due to logistics. When product was being loaded on ships, they realized they had a brief window to air ship a tiny amount of product for preview events. They decided some product will be better than none. They weren't able to do the preview event to their standards and FFG apologies for it and says it's the last time something like that will happen.
— Starters in store on March 30th - they were headed for mid April, but they managed. New reprint of starters already happening and starters will be printed until Base Set (Set 4) comes out
— SoR was going to be smaller at first, but they have ramped it up and is significantly bigger than Awakenings
— 1-time reprint of Awakenings is because demand caught everyone off guard. Numbers in November were pathetic

Melusine fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 15, 2017

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Daphnaie posted:

— Pre-orders were abysmal. It sounds like one store (guessing Team Covenant) pre-ordered more boxes than all but one of the DISTRIBUTORS did. FFG thought the game was DOA.

I've heard similar elsewhere about store owners not buying much product initially. I wonder why there was such caution given how insane business X-Wing does.

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.
When I saw the "limited" print run announcement I went out and finished my Awakenings playset. Feels bad man.

At least that's all good news and will hopefully stop everyone from talking about how the game is "dead".

I've been playing a lot of eBala/Jango/Trooper and I'm thinking about swapping out Unpredictable x2 for Logistics x2 because I'm finding I'm running low on cash every turn. I've also not been running Dug In because I can't seem to reliably get the battlefield. But everyone is telling me I'm making a mistake by not running it.

What do you guys think?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I've heard similar elsewhere about store owners not buying much product initially. I wonder why there was such caution given how insane business X-Wing does.

The store here asked all of us x-wing/armada/LCG/ect people if and how much we wanted to preorder and a vast majority of us had a wait and see type response. I can see a lot of people being hesitant going from the standard LCG type format to collectible. Plus around here theres so much overlap already I dont think people really wanted to jump into yet another game sight unseen. FFG really should have seen some of this coming though. They relied on word of mouth from the few people that got to demo it at worlds and whereever and what....Team Covenant videos?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I only got into Destiny 2 weeks ago, with a buddy. We're super casual types but even so having literally nothing to buy except more starters was really disappointing given how much we enjoyed the starter experience. So with that in mind, the reddit summary is actually pretty promising. Might actually get some of that Awakenings goodness after all.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/3/17/unlikely-heroes-1/

New preview is up, for yellow hero cards.

That bowcaster looks great, so does Maz and Lone Operative.

edit:
eChewbacca's special feels real good next to Force Throw's special.

double edit:
LOL Maz is going to be ridiculous in a hyperloop deck. Get a decent weapon or upgrade on Maz, roll some damage and resolve immediately, then hyperloop claim the battlefield to reset the round.

canyoneer fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 17, 2017

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Maz is amazing

Melusine
Sep 5, 2013

bowmore posted:

Maz is amazing

She out Bala-Tik's Bala-Tik.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Armada was/is slow. Imp rear end is fine but not amazing. I haven't done the math, but like 50% or less of FFG's LCGs do all that well, and the Star Wars one didn't. And CCGs are a big risk to stock in large numbers because a significant majority of them die quickly and leave you with a ton of dead inventory. I'm not at all surprised games stores by and large didn't want to (heh) roll the dice on Destiny.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm loving Leia/Ackbar right now

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

bowmore posted:

I'm loving Leia/Ackbar right now

It's one of my favorite decks to play. It can do huge bursts early on and throwing down trap or all in to do 10+ damage on round 2 or 3 is so much fun.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like that you don't need trap to be consistent at all, Leia is a damage beast and the focus dice on Ackbar compliment her so well

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What I'm working with right now.

Leia/Ackbar @ Frozen Wastes

Upgrade ( 10 )

x2 DH-17 Blaster Pistol
x2 Holdout Blaster
x2 IQA-11 Blaster Rifle
x2 Promotion
x2 Scout

Event (20)

x2 All In
x2 Block
x2 Defensive Position
x2 Dodge
x2 Dug in
x2 Field Medic
x2 Hit and Run
x2 It's a Trap!
x2 Rearm
x2 Take Cover

Thinking of taking out Scout and Take Cover for Commlink and Logistics (possibly a Launch Bay but it is expensive)

Also changing the battlefield to Rebel War Room

thocan
Jan 18, 2014

bowmore posted:

What I'm working with right now.

Leia/Ackbar @ Frozen Wastes

(snip)

I might try to trade around my store for some Ackbar to give this a try. I have two Leia, but never found a good use for her.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thocan posted:

I might try to trade around my store for some Ackbar to give this a try. I have two Leia, but never found a good use for her.
Let me know how it goes, thankfully Ackbar shouldn't be too hard to get a hold of

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
So our local store league is wrapping up and top 8 are playing in a single elimination tournament to determine the winner. I was 7th seed and managed to place in the finals last night with Leia Ackbar.

This is roughly what I'm playing from memory. I made last minute changes before it started and don't have it in front of me.

BATTLEFIELD
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Frozen Wastes, Starkiller Base

CHARACTER
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
2x Admiral Ackbar
2x Leia Organa

UPGRADE
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
2x Scout
2x DH-17 Blaster Pistol
2x IQA-11 Blaster Rifle
2x Promotion
1x Comlink
2x Holdout Blaster

SUPPORT
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
1x Launch Bay

EVENT
ŻŻŻŻŻ
2x Defensive Position
2x Field Medic
2x Hit and Run
2x It's a Trap!
2x Rearm
2x Dug in
2x All In
2x Block
2x Dodge

First round was against 2nd seed, he was playing eDooku/eKylo. First game I managed to get off 6 quick damage and set the pace. He didn't roll for poo poo the entire game and both of his Holocrons were buried at the bottom of his deck. I ended up winning. Second game was a blowout in his favor. He had both Holocrons early and got mind probes out. I went 4 rounds without a single upgrade. Hardest hit was when he rolled both Mind Probe specials and a whole bunch of damage and I had no way to deal with it except pitch one of my five cards on a re-roll. Third game was very close, but I eeked out a win thanks to finally remembering Ackbar had an ability and him pitching cards left and right to try and save Dooku.

Second round was once again against eDooku/eKylo (thank god I decided to slot in blocks last minute), but this guy had a bit more control. He's also a very slow player and probably thinks way too much and second guesses himself to often. I managed to win the first two out of three, but both were nail-biters. Last game came down to the end of the decks. I rolled enough damage to finish Dooku off, but he had a dodge. Next round he had plenty to finish off Leia, but I had a block. I made a clutch call to Field Medic Leia at one point, assuming he had a Power of the Force or whatever the discard one was in his hand still. I put him in a corner, with enough damage, focus, and cards in hand to re-roll that there was almost no chance I couldn't either finish off Dooku or force him to run out of cards.

Overall it was great. I love playing this deck and even against primarily melee decks where you can't take advantage of It's a Trap it still functions consistently for big bursts. All In is a clutch card and combined with Hit and Run can be devastating. If I have both in my hand I'll often roll in Ackbar to see if I can get a focus, then Hit and Run Leia followed up by an all in to put the hurt on something without them being able to do anything about it. The only downside is not drawing guns early, which I'm sure the next set will take care of. I'm probably going to completely remove Launch Bay as it never sees play and even when it does I feel like it just slows down the deck too much with to little payout. Usually if I have five resources I'm willing to blow on a single card I've already won, or lost because I've been rolling too many resources.

Unfortunately due to scheduling conflicts the finals will take place on another day and I'm not allowed to make changes to the deck in between. The guy who was running the league had an artist make up and print some really nice unofficial alternate art cards as prizes. I'll post up some pictures of the ones I've won when I get home.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
How did your league work? I want to fire one up at my store and am trying to figure out a structure.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
So, someone hosed up big time and now we have ALL of SoR in polish spoiled haha. What do you guys think of it?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Elblanco posted:

So, someone hosed up big time and now we have ALL of SoR in polish spoiled haha. What do you guys think of it?

It looks great! Lots of action economy breaking, and I think Han/Rey is going to be even more of a monster because of better ambush cards.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Here is a site where you can see all of them by the way: https://www.thehyperloops.com/wookie-leaks-spirit-of-rebellion-rares-and-legendaries/

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Holy crap Rey/Luke deck with Vibroknife

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Did it get taken down already?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Looks like it. I bet FFG got involved with it somehow. You might still be able to find them on the subreddit.

Edit: Yea, in the subreddit thread about it they said Asmodee contacted them to take them down.

Edit 2: Someone managed to write out the translated legendaries at least, if you want to see those: https://www.reddit.com/r/swdestiny/comments/614imc/sor_legendaries_translated/

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 24, 2017

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

ShowTime posted:

Looks like it. I bet FFG got involved with it somehow. You might still be able to find them on the subreddit.

Edit: Yea, in the subreddit thread about it they said Asmodee contacted them to take them down.

Edit 2: Someone managed to write out the translated legendaries at least, if you want to see those: https://www.reddit.com/r/swdestiny/comments/614imc/sor_legendaries_translated/

That's too bad.

Guavian Gang member and the Grapple pistol and Aurra Sing were my favorites and now i can't reference them. :(

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

Dr. Clockwork posted:

How did your league work? I want to fire one up at my store and am trying to figure out a structure.

This was kind of our first run at it, so it's still a work in progress.

It was an 8 week league. Each week you could play up to 5 games with different individuals. A win was worth 2 points, a loss worth 1. All games had to be played at the FLGS, we had a specific day most people met but you could coordinate and play games whenever. The league was meant to be more casual and the person running it wanted to promote deck variety, so there were bonus points available each week - 1 point each for playing a 2 character deck, 3 character deck, one color deck, two color deck, three color deck, heroes, and villains. At the end of the 8 weeks the top 8 were seeded into a single elimination bracket.

We're discussing and planning the next league, which we plan on running after Spirit of Rebellion drops. There are talks of opening it up to home games and Tabletop Simulator, changing it from x games a week to y games over the course of 8 weeks, and the bonus point structure opening up way more with weekly bonuses and one time bonuses.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Here is the post that was taken down: http://archive.is/NjF0r

Who knows how long it will be available, so take a look while you can.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Me, whispering at the LGS: "hey, gimme one of those vibroknucklers"
*slip the guy a 50*

Melusine
Sep 5, 2013

Chill la Chill posted:

Me, whispering at the LGS: "hey, gimme one of those vibroknucklers"
*slip the guy a 50*

Vibroknuckles? I think you mean Vibroknife

*cuts through Han like he's butter*

Melusine fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Mar 25, 2017

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

I've been solely playing eBala/Jango/Trooper as I learn this game and in light of all these spoilers, I'm trying to decide what changes to make to the deck. I've been toying around with the idea of dropping Bala Tik to one die and upgrading the FO Trooper to a Death Trooper because his die is so much better and it's +3 HP to take advantage of Cannon Fodder and The Best Defense. I'm not sure if 3 dice character builds are even playable. I've played against eJabba/Vader and eGreivous/Dooku a few times and I always felt they were at a disadvantage from the start.

I've also been thinking about dumping Jango completely and going with eBala/Death Trooper/Guavian Enforcer. I really like that no matter what you roll, the Enforcer can basically do one damage.

I really like Grappling Hook Pistol, and I think I'll be taking out Holdout Blaster for it. Holdout's Ambush is really nice, but, I get basically the same gun with DH-17 for half the cost. I think I like the sides on Grappling Hook more; that Special looks to be super interesting.

I wonder if Rocket Launcher will become a "one-of" in the early SoR meta like Block and Dodge are currently; play it just in case you see a Falcon, but otherwise it's a re-roll card.

Speaking of eJabba/Vader, Blackmail and Interrogation Droid pushes that deck to the limits. If you can Disrupt all your opponent's Resources then drop Blackmail, that's a ton of milling. Yikes.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Q2 kits spoiled

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

bowmore posted:

Q2 kits spoiled

I just heard the value of electroshock hit the floor and I'm so glad i traded mine

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

bowmore posted:

Q2 kits spoiled

Oh man. Guess I'm not dumping Jango after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

Sorry to doublepost but someone on Reddit has every card spoiled in text. There are some errors in dice that people called out (UWing and Eweb so far) but this has all the commonS and uncommons too.

http://pastebin.com/UJb1DZ2x

Download it or copy it before it gets nuked.

So, Training is really REALLY good. Elite Deathtrooper is definitely my jam.

I wonder though, if you have Training on a TIE Pilot or if you're running two TIE Pilots, does that make it so all of your ranges dice can't be removed? That'd be crazy.