Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

So according to the latest Flop House Podcast, Elliott Kalan wrote an parody of Old Man Logan featuring Spider-Ham. It was drawn by Skotti Young but was shelved because apparently the powers that be didn't want upset the Old Man Logan creators. I could see Millar getting salty but McNiven seems pretty chill.

Old Man Hog-an?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

How insanely thin would you skin have to be to be upset by a Spider-Ham parody?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Millar of all people getting mad at people taking the piss outta his work? Like he would have a leg to stand on in that case

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
http://comicbook.com/2017/03/22/cap...tm_content=Link

So I'm assuming that the Red Skull will be dealt with before all this Secret Empire stuff goes down? Cuz I don't see a spot for him at this table!

My bad if this has been discussed previously.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

pubic works project posted:

So I'm assuming that the Red Skull will be dealt with before all this Secret Empire stuff goes down? Cuz I don't see a spot for him at this table!

Red Skull has no place in Cap's Hydra. Steve Rogers has been plotting to kill Red Skull and take Hydra from him since the beginning. That's a major component of this story. Steve is loyal to whatever his vision of Hydra is and has been biding his time to take it from Red Skull who he thinks has completely corrupted the organization.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pubic works project posted:

skull's about to get a lobotamy from beast. it's happening in uncanny avengers

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well Unworthy Thor wrapped up.

I really hope they dont drag out the new thor's identity again.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If it wasn't for the speech font I'd totally be betting on War Thor being Nick Fury.
That'd be great. Only, like, two comics have ever cared about the new Watcher thing, anyhow.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
My money's on Ultimate Thor. Like, not the Ultimate Thor from Secret Wars, but the actual Ultimate Thor from Ultimate. My logic: in Cataclysm (that event no one but me likes) Thor and Galactus get sucked into the Negative Zone. Afterwards, Galactus randomly shows back up in 616, but Thor never shows up in either universe. Also when he was sucked in, he had been depowered by the Maker*, which could lead to that line about him feeling less worthy than other Thors.

But it'll probably be Frog Thor made human or some poo poo.

*I really just want a Maker vs. anyone from the Ultimate universe fight.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
You know now that you mention it I'm surprised miles doesn't have a huge grudge against the guy

Although I guess the last time they saw each other they were working together in the aforementioned cataclysm

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

miles doesn't remember anything about the maker, secret wars, or the ultimate universe

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I hope it's Cat Thor, but I always hope it's Cat Thor regardless of the character being introduced or the situation.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/844335197495738371

:allears:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TwoPair posted:

My money's on Ultimate Thor. Like, not the Ultimate Thor from Secret Wars, but the actual Ultimate Thor from Ultimate. My logic: in Cataclysm (that event no one but me likes) Thor and Galactus get sucked into the Negative Zone. Afterwards, Galactus randomly shows back up in 616, but Thor never shows up in either universe. Also when he was sucked in, he had been depowered by the Maker*, which could lead to that line about him feeling less worthy than other Thors.

But it'll probably be Frog Thor made human or some poo poo.

*I really just want a Maker vs. anyone from the Ultimate universe fight.

I completely forgot about that event. Didn't get grow Ultimate Kitty huge so she could fight Galactus or something?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

I completely forgot about that event. Didn't get grow Ultimate Kitty huge so she could fight Galactus or something?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Yup. And people call it dumb when it is in fact great.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Actually Cataclysm had a genuinely awesome moment: The Maker and Miles jump to 616 to learn about galactus (by going to the Baxter building) but get attacked by the building's defenses. Miles is making his escape being chased when he happens to swing by... Superior Spider-Man. The defenses switch target to Spidey who has no idea wtf is going on while Miles escapes.

It's a great Parker luck moment Otto had to suffer through.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 23, 2017

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

TwoPair posted:

This was an amazing moment in that crossover.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Hey what's with otto being back? I assume it's just since Secret Wars or have they done in story as well?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Not gonna lie, cataclysm was dumb but I can't say it wasn't entertaining

Manatee Cannon posted:

miles doesn't remember anything about the maker, secret wars, or the ultimate universe

In my defense gwenpool has established he remembers whatever the writer needs him to in a given moment about it

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Nevvy Z posted:

Hey what's with otto being back? I assume it's just since Secret Wars or have they done in story as well?

Doc Ock? It's covered in Amazing Spider-Man and The Clone Conspiracy. He transferred his mind to the Living Brain and then into an Octobot. Then he cut a deal with Ben Reilly and cloned himself. Before that clone body decayed, he transferred his mind to the Proto-Clone and is now THE SUPERIOR OCTOPUS!

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
My money's on War Thor being Ragnarok. We haven't seen him since the end of the Dark Avengerbolts run, he had come to grips with being a clone of Thor and having to find his own identity, and then... nada.

But then they probably want to sweep everything from that under the rug.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

New Iron Fist is starting off really mediocrely. On the opposite end, Ultimates 2 was fantastic as usual, and I think Elektra got a lot better with the second issue.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

New Iron Fist is starting off really mediocrely. On the opposite end, Ultimates 2 was fantastic as usual, and I think Elektra got a lot better with the second issue.

Art in IF #1 was poo poo.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Oh god Galactus :ohdear:

Didn't except Unworthy Thor to end on that note. I wonder how the Odinson, Thor, and Ultimate Thor will interact going forward.

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica

Onmi posted:

We just need a Wolvawaifu.
Vulvarine...

I've been working on catching up on Marvel's stuff and decided to run through the series that got me back to giving a gently caress about comics again.

I want more of that...
Fraction & Aja as a team work as fantastically together as Clint & Kate do.

I'm a filthy casual and only stop in at the local comic shop once every couple months but noticed a new Kate-Hawkeye set in L.A. I've picked up everything but the most recent issue but haven't had time to crack them open yet so I can't tell you if it's a good series yet. Anybody got an opinion one way or another on this series or have any suggestions for things I should be reading through Marvel Unlimited that relates to it?

Also what is Fraction writing on this year?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TwoPair posted:

No that whole thing was awesome. Galactus also ate New Jersey.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SkaAndScreenplays posted:

He's focusing strictly on creator-owned work now, and Sex Criminals and ODY-C are the only things that seem to still be coming out.

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.

Nothing For Marvel. He has Sex Criminals and Ody-C at Image, but I think they seem slow to come out. I haven't read either of them in a long time.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Uncanny Inhumans ended the whole thing hilariously.
Maximus knows how to synthesize Terrigen and spent this whole IvX tie-in arc assembling ingredients with his dodgy conspirators. In this final issue they find a factory and the others wait outside for four days while Maximus is constructing a terrigen producing machine.that would save everyone the trouble of fighting over clouds.
Instead, he got bored and used everything to make a giant mutant stomping robot with a terrigen sword. Just then, one of his buddies he'd previously married against his will to a fish queen for her eggs (one of the ingredients,) arrives in a giant fish mech, and Charles Soule's Inhumans saga ends on the silliest big monster fight.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Classic Maximus, really.

trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have

He also has Cassanova coming out. I suggest starting at the beginning of the series otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

If you liked fraction/aja hawkeye you will prob like fraction/brubaker/aja/foreman immortal iron fist

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Classic Maximus, really.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I want a comic where Loki and Maximus team up. Alternately, a comic where they face off in a battle of "who can do the craziest poo poo to piss everybody off"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm a filthy casual and only stop in at the local comic shop once every couple months but noticed a new Kate-Hawkeye set in L.A. I've picked up everything but the most recent issue but haven't had time to crack them open yet so I can't tell you if it's a good series yet. Anybody got an opinion one way or another on this series or have any suggestions for things I should be reading through Marvel Unlimited that relates to it?

Kate-Hawkeye is good. It's fun, Kate's a great character, and it's a good amount of humor mixed with drama.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TwoPair posted:

I want a comic where Loki and Maximus team up. Alternately, a comic where they face off in a battle of "who can do the craziest poo poo to piss everybody off"

These don't necessarily need to be separate comics.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

We are long overdue for a new run of Supervillain Team Up

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I had a small pull list this week, so I decided to give Hulk and chance. It's a slow burn, but excellently written. Can't wait until the next issue.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

No that whole thing was awesome. Galactus also ate New Jersey.

Nothing of value was lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Maybe not the best picture to use guys

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/845002216314458112

• Locked thread