Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

docbeard posted:

Monday's Schedule:

9 AM: Special Fun Retreat For Democratic Members of Congress Only. Attendance Mandatory.

9:01 AM: Vote on AHCA

this requires trump to on some level believe that ahca is loving dumb and will fail, so itll be more like

9:00 AM: Vote on AHCA

9:01 AM: Victory party for unanimous support of AHCA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

zen death robot posted:

Manafort gonna tell on everyone

Come now, comrade. Putin cannot allow such a thing.

He fell down some stairs. After shooting himself in the back 1488 times.

Death ruled a suicide.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

punchymcpunch posted:

id vote for cesar romero joker but not for jack nicholson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgJ5AcsXp4M

this video is literally american politics

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

power rangers update, they now have magic staffs, called "magicstaffs", and extremely well designed costumes w bitchin capes and i think they turn into zords??????

they appear to be junior wizards working at a record store

current enemy: evil ranger who can be a centaur

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fake news, the failing Fortune Magazine

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

deathbysnusnu posted:

We're in a situation where the president of the united states could be locked in a room for weeks with people explaining what the health care law is and does and at the end of it could not explain what Medicaid block grants are, what mechanism was used to replace the mandate, or how the tax credits work. The guy is operating on nothing but bluster and an IQ I'd gauge in the mid 80's. You're never going to get anything more than self aggrandizing and non seneseical walls of text when any policy position is asked of him. We elected the first president physically incapable of understanding policy on any level.

Yeah but on the bright side telling door knocking evangelists to gently caress right off got a lot more easy and satisfying.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

this owns

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Yinlock posted:

this requires trump to on some level believe that ahca is loving dumb and will fail, so itll be more like

9:00 AM: Vote on AHCA

9:01 AM: Rally in Bumfuck West Virginia

FTFY

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.
Are there Rs opposed to the AHCA for good reasons (causing people to lose insurance) rather than bad ones (doesn't go far enough)? I've heard a lot about the latter. I feel like/seem to remember that there are some who are opposed to it for good reasons as well, but team evil are getting a lot of attention at the moment.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Squizzle posted:

power rangers update, they now have magic staffs, called "magicstaffs", and extremely well designed costumes w bitchin capes and i think they turn into zords??????

they appear to be junior wizards working at a record store

current enemy: evil ranger who can be a centaur

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

I did a thing posted:

Come now, comrade. Putin cannot allow such a thing.

He fell down some stairs. After shooting himself in the back 1488 times.

Death ruled a suicide.

Honestly I'm shocked manafort isn't clamoring to get FBI protection and squeal. Russian governmental officials and Putin enemies are dying at a clip of like 2 a week lately.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/844910376315686912

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Are we dead yet?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
greets all, has our healthcare been kicked into a wood chipper yet, and if so, how many human hearts do you think it'll cost to get some dental work done

just, you know, so i can get a head start

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

lol it's gonna pass and boomers are gonna die

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

nachos posted:

So excited for the TRUMP STRIKES A DEAL headlines later today

It's going to be so nauseating. It will be a thing that matters when it passes, but not in a good way. I guarantee it secures him a second term if he signs the bill (lol like he would have lost anyways).

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

This whole thing is such a tremendous poo poo parade it's unreal

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Healthcare is dead everyone

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

deathbysnusnu posted:

Honestly I'm shocked manafort isn't clamoring to get FBI protection and squeal. Russian governmental officials and Putin enemies are dying at a clip of like 2 a week lately.

Maybe he is, and we just don't know yet.

Where is Manafort currently anyway? In country, or out?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

god bless us everyone

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/844901299548246017

quote:

CAP estimates, for example, that about 88,000 fewer people would be covered come 2026 in GOP Rep. David Valadao's California district  -- a much-bigger share than the national average. For Rep. Dan Donovan (R-N.Y.), the number is about 85,000. For Rep. Jeff Denham (R-Calif.) it's about 84,000.

Just how significant are those numbers? Well, in all three cases, these members were elected or reelected in the last midterm election in 2014 with fewer votes than that. Valadao got about 46,000 votes, Donovan got 59,000 and Denham was just north of 70,000. All three of them won by between 12,000 and 16,000 votes.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

At least there's one positive to come out of it

Serf
May 5, 2011

watch the fuckin republicans unite in these trying times to really gently caress over the common person

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

DrPossum posted:

holy poo poo

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

vote on the freaking bill

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I hope the COB comes out 5 minutes after it passes

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

I'm thinking about getting a trench coat and some sunglasses and wait in alleys for boomers to pass. Pssst... hey kid want to try some candy, it'll make you feel good. Hands them a handful of oxy.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

DrPossum posted:

lmao that comic book fans still hate this show when it was the best thing ever.

Serf
May 5, 2011

this assumes people are capable of making simple logical connections with their brains and don't instead just foist their problems onto racial animus

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

yes.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

magiccarpet posted:

I hope the COB comes out 5 minutes after it passes

The COB was us all along

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/NoLabelsOrg/status/844790718258298881

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

not emptyquoting this at all

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i slowly shrink and become a COB

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Agrajag posted:

leaving your joke aside, the thing id just like to say is, this is the reason why you punch nazis all day every day. you don't have a friendly discussion with someone that, at best, wants you dead.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

:rip:

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
get a grip america jeeze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon