Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

prefect posted:

Wolverine also has cool powers. He's just better at stuff like smelling, and he heals from injury and he's got unbreakable bones. It's somehow more satisfying to imagine yourself being like that than, say, being able to make it rain in Africa.

Look at this guy who doesn't bless the rains down in Africa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

There's no universe in which I'd rather have Wolverine's powers than Storm's, though. Not even a question

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Put me down for nigh-immortal ginsu drawer over the weather wizard.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Plus, Storm doesn't whip up weather magically like Thor does. If she creates rain somewhere to water crops in one place, there's a drought somewhere else. So you're not going to be able to cure world hunger if that's your endgame.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Dillbag posted:

Plus, Storm doesn't whip up weather magically like Thor does. If she creates rain somewhere to water crops in one place, there's a drought somewhere else. So you're not going to be able to cure world hunger if that's your endgame.

So she doesn't conjure up clouds, lightning and wind from thin air? She literally cannot create thin air from thin air? I mean, OK, sure, nature abhors a vacuum and all that. But really, the weather is such a delicately balanced system that she cannot take control of the area immediately around her without affecting the entire globe as a whole? I guess the writers are taking conservation of mass and energy a bit more stringently than most people who write comics would.

By that token, Quicksilver doesn't actually move quickly, he simply steals speed from everything else around him. Wolverine doesn't have a healing factor, he simply generates a field of negative entropy restricted to his own body.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

She does conjure them up magically, but in attempt to perhaps tone her down a little or add pathos writers tried to explain that she can't go too overboard because disrupting the weather locally disrupts the weather globally because all weather systems are interdependent.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That sounds like a lame-rear end way to excuse her being an X-man instead of doing nothing but ending droughts 24/7.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
There was the time Dr. Doom trapped her in a metal statue and she had a panic attack so strong she almost froze the entire world.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

CzarChasm posted:

So she doesn't conjure up clouds, lightning and wind from thin air? She literally cannot create thin air from thin air? I mean, OK, sure, nature abhors a vacuum and all that. But really, the weather is such a delicately balanced system that she cannot take control of the area immediately around her without affecting the entire globe as a whole? I guess the writers are taking conservation of mass and energy a bit more stringently than most people who write comics would.

By that token, Quicksilver doesn't actually move quickly, he simply steals speed from everything else around him. Wolverine doesn't have a healing factor, he simply generates a field of negative entropy restricted to his own body.

Dude, this cannot be the first time you have heard of the butterfly effect. You need to watch Jurassic Park.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

SiKboy posted:

Dude, this cannot be the first time you have heard of the butterfly effect. You need to watch Jurassic Park that movie with the guy from that 70s show where he strangles himself to death in the womb.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

The two of us remember Dude Wheres My Car? very differently my friend.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The womb strangling was only one of multiple different endings to that film - some markets received it in theatres, but most only saw it if they got the dvd with the theatrical release being the ending where the aliens hand out boob necklaces.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

The womb strangling was only one of multiple different endings to that film - some markets received it in theatres, but most only saw it if they got the dvd with the theatrical release being the ending where the aliens hand out boob necklaces.
As is tradition.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Ghostlight posted:

So Communism was just a red herring?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Flight Bisque posted:

So Communism was just a red herring?

"I'm going to go home and sleep with my wife!"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
My man!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

Wolverine was in a team with Colossus and Cyclops. The smell of lonely night tugs probably doesn't even register for him anymore.

I just wanted to say that I've been laughing about this for like a day straight.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The Question IRL posted:

"I'm going to go home and sleep with my wife!"
Can you keep a secret?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

SiKboy posted:

The two of us remember Dude Wheres My Car? very differently my friend.
My first date with my wife was to watch Dude Where's My Car.

It's a miracle she stayed.

But I maintain that it's one of the best technically written scripts out there. It all wraps up so wonderfully.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Nessus posted:

Can you keep a secret?

No.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

FilthyImp posted:

My first date with my wife was to watch Dude Where's My Car.

It's a miracle she stayed.

Apparently, according to stories I've been Todd, my parents' first date was seeing Wayne's World 2 so it's a miracle I exist.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TwoPair posted:

Apparently, according to stories I've been Todd, my parents' first date was seeing Wayne's World 2 so it's a miracle I exist.

Wayne's World 2 is great, also I feel really old now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

Uh, how old are you?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Uh, how old are you?

24, Rhyno. Wayne's World 2 was 24 years ago, when Ozzy demanded 1000 brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
gently caress man I haven't seen Wayne's world in so long, I wonder how they hold up

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

site posted:

gently caress man I haven't seen Wayne's world in so long, I wonder how they hold up

Really loving well actually. Only good SNL movies since like, the Blues Brothers years

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

TwoPair posted:

http://i.imgur.com/T2mtzqb.gifv

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Who are you now?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Youth! Youuuuuth!!!!!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I conned my grandpa into renting Wayne's World when I was 8 or so, and very clearly remember the surly, take-no-poo poo WW2 marine making it about 15 minutes in before declaring "to hell with this poo poo", turning it off, and sending me to bed. Good times.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

purple death ray posted:

Really loving well actually. Only good SNL movies since like, the Blues Brothers years

Even the second one? I remember being super-disappointed.

Gaz-L posted:

24, Rhyno. Wayne's World 2 was 24 years ago, when Ozzy demanded 1000 brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass...

:smithicide:

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Did Thor have any significant love interests aside from Jane Foster (and Roz Solomon)?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Schneider Heim posted:

Did Thor have any significant love interests aside from Jane Foster (and Roz Solomon)?

Sif.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Thaddius the Large posted:

I conned my grandpa into renting Wayne's World when I was 8 or so, and very clearly remember the surly, take-no-poo poo WW2 marine making it about 15 minutes in before declaring "to hell with this poo poo", turning it off, and sending me to bed. Good times.

My grandpa made me turn off the David Hasselhoff Nick Fury movie 3 minutes in when I was a kid, because it was "stupid crap" and he wanted to watch wrestling. I was so mad. It was only years later that I learned the movie was a piece of poo poo anyway.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I can.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Just Sif? Well, I guess that's fine.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

prefect posted:

Even the second one? I remember being super-disappointed.

:smithicide:

Well it's not as good as the first one but it's not a bad movie. It's got Chrises Walken and Farley in it!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I've been rewatching Chris Farley movies here and there and I'm not convinced he was ever actually funny.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lurdiak posted:

I've been rewatching Chris Farley movies here and there and I'm not convinced he was ever actually funny.

I remember liking "Tommy Boy", but "Black Sheep" was blah and "Beverly Hills Ninja" was fuckin' terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It just kinda feels like he got pushed because people missed John Candy.