Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Also if you have Link be shirtless and leave him to idle he gets a unique idle animation that only plays when no shirt is equipped: he'll start flexing

Theres got to be youtubes about these things. Until I find those Have this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FWVKu1gnWs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Today I would like to take this opportunity to declare a national holiday

Happy 5th birthday to Kid Icarus: Uprising

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
Is it frowned upon to slaughter villagers' farm animals? I get enough lectures for picking up the axes they leave lying around.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I want the Switch remake

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Neo Turf Masters has hit the JP eShop. I repeat, Neo Turf Masters has hit the JP eShop.

Going off of the timing of the Neo Geo releases it should be on the NA one by the end of the month.
Listen to this to properly celebrate the occasion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNJMCZvzM2E

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

In NA there are some My Nintendo rewards related to Kid Icarus starting today.

Black Mage Knight posted:

Neo Turf Masters has hit the JP eShop. I repeat, Neo Turf Masters has hit the JP eShop.

Going off of the timing of the Neo Geo releases it should be on the NA one by the end of the month.
Listen to this to properly celebrate the occasion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNJMCZvzM2E
It should be on the EU shop also, that updated 90 minutes ago.

NA shop will update in 20 minutes, I think.

e: Neo Turf Masters is releasing in NA today also.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 23, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Bombadilillo posted:

What. The. gently caress.

What kind?

I know the experience of Zelda is kind of spoiler, but for the first time ever, one of those IGN "100 things you didn't know about in Zelda" lists was really informative and awesome.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm intrigued. What's so great about neo turf masters? Would I enjoy it if I enjoy Mario golf from time to time?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Feenix posted:

I know the experience of Zelda is kind of spoiler, but for the first time ever, one of those IGN "100 things you didn't know about in Zelda" lists was really informative and awesome.

You have a link? Because I beat and cleared the game as much as I care to (not going for all seeds). I feel like I will be amazed and kick myself.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

parallelodad posted:

I'm intrigued. What's so great about neo turf masters? Would I enjoy it if I enjoy Mario golf from time to time?

Eh. Just get the iOS version. Its better anyways as it has real leaderboards.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

parallelodad posted:

Yes

Its an arcade golf game made by some of gaming history's greatest fighting game designers and it has a lot of charm and fun sprite work.

There are probably better versions of it with some home version settings and options that are nicer than these straight arcade emulations on switch though.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

Eh. Just get the iOS version. Its better anyways as it has real leaderboards.

So it's better because it has leaderboards? Like that's the one thing that automatically makes it better?
:chloe:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think the Switch version also has leaderboards from what I just read about them. Personally, I'm never going to be up on those leaderboards so what do I care.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

shortspecialbus posted:

I don't exactly disagree with you on any of this except point 2, which I'll get to. I think they just didn't bother me vOv

As far as skells and ground combat, the thing is, yeah, skells are different, but if you do a decent ground build, you can massively outdamage any skell in a lot of situations. You don't have the single hit killing power that the skell will have with a good G-Buster or the quick AOE kills like a good Phoenix, but with say, a Blossom Dance build (one of the easier ones to master) you can out-dps the skell by a good margin in the long term and pretty much ignore damage taking if you manage your arts properly.

It's easy to just nonstop use skells once you get them, but the ground game only goes out the door if you let it.

Edit: I will mention that to get the ABSOLUTE BEST ground builds, you need to grind like loving crazy to get gear with the right bonuses. You can still do pretty darn good without it, but there's a ton of gear grinding for the post-game stuff. Even the post-game skells. I would just listen to audiobooks while I did that so it didn't bother me really but it is kind of lovely drop rates, especially for a single player game.

Fair enough! I won't begrudge you having a good time with the game... I did too for a while. The only reason I put as much thought as I have into what I dislike about it is because I liked it enough to care!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MarcusSA posted:

So it's better because it has leaderboards? Like that's the one thing that automatically makes it better?
:chloe:

Yes, it's a old school arcade game. It's a cool feature.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

glassyalabolas posted:

Does anyone have a loose fitting Joy-Con? My left one is attached to the Switch with zero wiggle or play. The right one feels like it's bending backwards on the Switch. It makes this annoying creaking sound when I pick up my Switch.

My left joycon quickly became very wiggly, and my right is slightly wiggly. I did lift it in one hand a few times although I thought my fingers were spread far enough under the console to avoid putting too much stress on the joycon. Testing it out it's definitely the rails on the joycons that are loose, on the bottom side only. I took a look at the teardown on ifixit, and it looks like the joycon rail is held in place by a metal screw at the top, but just a plastic bit at the bottom. This seems like it'd be more prone to wearing and bending: obviously not super fragile but just a few millimeters would make a difference. Just anecdotally reading about this issue it seems like it only affects the bottom of people's joycons, which checks out with this theory.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deltron 3030 posted:

Is it frowned upon to slaughter villagers' farm animals? I get enough lectures for picking up the axes they leave lying around.

I was cooking things in Hateno Village but messed up and dropped my ingredients on the ground instead. In my haste mashing A to pick them up I accidentally grabbed a soup ladle and was immediately chastised by an old lady sitting nearby. I immediately dropped it but she didn't notice.

Also I think I gave the little dancing girl that hangs out by the cooking fires in the village PTSD from how I kept pulling out fire arrows so I could get a stew going in the rain. Sorry, little dancing girl, but you shouldn't have been standing so close. :v:

Kid Icarus: Switching Destiny when Nintendo?

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 23, 2017

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

lelandjs posted:

Kid Icarus: Switching Destiny when Nintendo?

Now with co op with Pittoo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I really, seriously, desperately hope there is nothing like the Skells in XC2. Skells in XCX were stupid and ruined the game

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
I now have a portable system that allows me to bring multiplayer Puyo Puyo Tetris and Neo Turf Masters with me wherever I go. Life is pretty good when you think about it.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

XCX is one of those games that is really good but it keeps throwing little annoying stupid things at you until you don't like it as much as you could have.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jarogue posted:

Now with co op with Pittoo

Co op campaign with Pittoo and single screen couch Together mode would be HAAAAAMAAZING

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Was able to log into the office wifi and get Turf Masters. It appears it does have online leader boards. Looks like we are having a a tournament during lunch.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Glad I waited to get a Pro Controller:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

BrownThunder posted:

Why is there a Samus one

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beastie posted:

Was able to log into the office wifi and get Turf Masters. It appears it does have online leader boards. Looks like we are having a a tournament during lunch.

Awesome.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Would love a Switch version with a good control scheme. The stlyus controls hurt a lot when you are left handed. Never did finish it because it just became too unfun to play the game due to the controls.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kashuno posted:

Why is there a Samus one

To bother you

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

BrownThunder posted:

gently caress

I want the splatoon one but I can't possibly justify it

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
Are people sending in just their left joycons does Nintendo want both or even the whole system?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Is the switch ever going to stop being out of stock at every store within a 30 mile radius of my house? This is the mystery of our time.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I've decided that I'm going to contact Nintendo about my dock. It's quite bent and it make docking a huge pain in the rear end unless I make sure I control my hand like a surgeon.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wanna play Kid Icarus: Breath of the Wild.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

My shattered wrist remembers

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

BrownThunder posted:

Fully sick

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Emron posted:

Is the switch ever going to stop being out of stock at every store within a 30 mile radius of my house? This is the mystery of our time.

Give it time, the Wii was out of stock basically planet wide for over a year, you could find it readily after that.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

BrownThunder posted:

source???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.

Not a Children posted:

gently caress

I want the splatoon one but I can't possibly justify it

Why, Nintendo, why?! They know I have to always be fresh, I have no choice here.

When are those supposed to be released?

• Locked thread