Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Logan had a pretty nice minimalist score, I kinda dug this too loud crazy piano for when poo poo hit the fan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-wVPBQNDE
Or the repeated droning sound, tying the shithole down in Mexico with the reavers and their drones.
Though this notExplosions in the Sky sound was nice in the somber scenes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0vGnEiobfk

I dunno, I don't get wanting to dissect a score from a film, it's their to highlight what's going on, to manipulate you into an emotion.
Like, judging a score by how well you can hum it is fine if you makes you happy I guess, but doesn't do much for well it worked in the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Chris Pratt posted:

On May 5th the greatest movie in the history of movies is coming. There has never been and will never again be a movie like this. Seriously. Ever heard of Citizen Kane? We’re much better. Seriously. Our movie just tested at over one million points. Rotten tomatoes already has it at 234% fresh. #GotGVol2 will win every movie award AND about 39 Olympic gold medals in swimming, gymnastics, the skiiing event with the gun, x games, snowmobiling and everything. It will win the World Cup and about 7 super bowl rings, sorry TOM Brady. This movie will fry your brains and lift your spirits. James Gunn will be elected president of the world. They will add the faces of the guardians to Mount Rushmore for sure. We’re gonna get a planet. May 5th will become a national holiday. Everyone will get pregnant. Candy will fall from the sky. Global warming will stop. Dinosaurs will come back to life. Which unlike some movies might tell you, is actually a really good thing. Because they won’t flip out and kill people instead they’ll be your awesome pets. So basically get your tickets as soon as you can. Don’t be the only person on the planet who doesn’t see this movie.
Humbly,
Starlord

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Mar 23, 2017

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I thought original Guardians was bland and kinda undercooked, so we'll see what Neon Guardians brings to the table.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/_Flashparodox_/status/844873618915962880

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
This isn't a DC or Marvel thing necessarily but trailers for trailers is the stupidest thing on this planet.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Sir Potato posted:

This isn't a DC or Marvel thing necessarily but trailers for trailers is the stupidest thing on this planet.

My brain agrees with you, but my heart is so hyped. Gettin' in bed with a Justice League

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
gosh that's funny and random

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/844930411604062209

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

That is a really boring poster. The JL one, I mean.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

thrawn527 posted:

That is a really boring poster. The JL one, I mean.

Yeah. Between that and the GOTG2 posters, it all gets a shrug.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
They remembered the J and the L

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
High Quality teaser

https://twitter.com/justiceleaguewb/status/844942527228608515

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

I appreciate Justice League forefronting legendary joke character Aquaman so much instead of just building off the massive goodwill for Batman. They're really all-in with their take on the character.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

I would argue that this is, in fact, a low-quality teaser :v:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yeah. Between that and the GOTG2 posters, it all gets a shrug.

I don't know why but almost everything I've seen of GOTG2 is leaving me cold.

I have a bad feeling that adding Yondu, Nebula and Mantis to the team is going to make the movie a little too packed and characters are going to get shafted on screen time.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Timby posted:

I have a bad feeling that adding Yondu, Nebula and Mantis to the team is going to make the movie a little too packed and characters are going to get shafted on screen time.

They can shaft whomever they like if it means Michael Rooker getting more screen time.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sir Kodiak posted:

They can shaft whomever they like if it means Michael Rooker getting more screen time.

For real. Rooker was one of the biggest surprises. I was sure he was going to be a small little cameo for fun like Lloyd Kaufman.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Whenever I hear or see Rooker's name my mind instantly jumps to his facial expressions while eating rear end covered pretzels

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
They've already said that Nebula joins them later and I bet that they probably don't need to give a thorough backstory for Mantis other than "Psychic and Socially Inept Lady."

Rooker is probably the only major new character.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Timby posted:

OBVIOUSLY

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sir Kodiak posted:

I appreciate Justice League forefronting legendary joke character Aquaman so much instead of just building off the massive goodwill for Batman. They're really all-in with their take on the character.

I don't know if they're forefronting with Aquaman so much as they're forefronting with Jason Momoa.

Violator
May 15, 2003

The center looks like a dawn... of justice.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Oh boy, a trailer. Can't wait to see every good scene in the movie and then become disappointed with the real thing as a direct result.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Oh boy, a trailer. Can't wait to see every good scene in the movie and then become disappointed with the real thing as a direct result.

Just don't see the movie and save yourself the disappointment.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Yeah, I've mostly stopped watching trailers. I don't care about plot details, but I'd rather see the shots in context. Won't be watching the Justice League one, since, it's like, I'm going to see it anyways.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sir Kodiak posted:

Yeah, I've mostly stopped watching trailers. I don't care about plot details, but I'd rather see the shots in context. Won't be watching the Justice League one, since, it's like, I'm going to see it anyways.

That's my plan for movies I know I'll be seeing, too, and it invariably fails because the trailer will play in front of a different movie I go see.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Timby posted:

Maybe it's the lame dialogue that's no longer supported by the original's hype?

"So we're saving the galaxy again?"
"Yup."
"AWESOME! We're really gonna be able to jack up our prices for two-time galaxy-saving!"

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 23, 2017

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Lobok posted:

That's my plan for movies I know I'll be seeing, too, and it invariably fails because the trailer will play in front of a different movie I go see.

I'm the kind of dork who averts his eyes from the screen during some of the trailers.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sir Kodiak posted:

I'm the kind of dork who averts his eyes from the screen during some of the trailers.

I did that for Shutter Island and I loved the movie where's everyone else was like 'Ugh the trailer ruined it/wasn't what I expected!"

I also did this for Free Fire for some reason because I really want to go into that movie blind. The concept and cast alone sells me entirely.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sir Kodiak posted:

Only for super double extra special trailers will I keep them closed. Otherwise it's like eh, whatever, seeing the trailer usually doesn't make the film better or worse.

Also, keeping my eyes closed makes the sound even more of an assault on the senses. It's the same (but opposite) as when I mute the TV at home and notice how goddamn obnoxious the shooting or editing or flashing graphics are.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDZKPzEnZ-4
:flashfap:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 23, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That Batman shot is pretty rad.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I still can't get over Batman's goggles looking like Snyder just pulled the Nite Owl costume out from the warehouse.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

It's a bit weird that Bruce Wayne would grow a full beard and moustache given the design of Batman's cowl.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

That thumbnail :stare:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

That Batman shot is pretty cool.

Cyborg looks even worse than the promo picture, though.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I like what appears to be the JL theme being used in their trailers.

https://twitter.com/BenAffleck/status/845005933428293634

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Huh, I just noticed this version of the Batman teaser

https://twitter.com/justiceleaguewb/status/844987133563613184

Includes an extra shot of Gordon and the Batsignal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Justice League: Get Behind Me Satan

• Locked thread