Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Rirse posted:

Played a lot of the Switch version and yeah it a great version. Only issues besides lack of a reset run option is huge tears can cause slight slowdown. This tends to happen on stuff like brimstone and tammy head. Light years ahead of how the Vita version was when that first came out. Despite someone saying it in the Switch thread, there isn't any slowdown in the Womb and beyond. Also the Switch version seems to moved around some of the Afterbirth Plus stuff, as I didn't start seeing the Vortex enemies until I killed The Lamb, and the only run I seen them on so far was the Victory Lap I had. Still not seen any of the new bosses beyond the boss rush.

Yeah, Tyrone mentioned in the Polygon interview that the Switch version slowly scales up with a bunch of Everything is Terrible!!!-type difficulty increases, depending on your progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChB8Tn_H7vU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Yeah, Tyrone mentioned in the Polygon interview that the Switch version slowly scales up with a bunch of Everything is Terrible!!!-type difficulty increases, depending on your progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChB8Tn_H7vU

Which is a good change that I wish the PC version had. I watched a friend stream the DLC the day it came out and it looked super rough and unfun. Where the content from it now seems pretty normal outside a few new enemies being bullet sponges (the black leeches and the fat guy who can create them).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I got the Dedication achievement so now I just need to find Eye of Greed, get the Tonsil familiar from the trinket, and Delirium(the item) to get 1000000%.

Aside from playing Isaac(because of the D6) any tips?

EDIT: I guess the easiest way would be to do victory laps when I get Chaos?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Mar 20, 2017

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rirse posted:

Played a lot of the Switch version and yeah it a great version. Only issues besides lack of a reset run option is huge tears can cause slight slowdown. This tends to happen on stuff like brimstone and tammy head. Light years ahead of how the Vita version was when that first came out. Despite someone saying it in the Switch thread, there isn't any slowdown in the Womb and beyond. Also the Switch version seems to moved around some of the Afterbirth Plus stuff, as I didn't start seeing the Vortex enemies until I killed The Lamb, and the only run I seen them on so far was the Victory Lap I had. Still not seen any of the new bosses beyond the boss rush.

the Nintendo Switch version being the most polished version of the game is the ultimate irony

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Big tears causing some slowdown doesn't sound polished at all.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
BoI is the only thing out of my Steam library they want to play, and they probably have at least half my hours solo in game. Not buying wasn't an option :reject:
Otherwise I would have waited for a sale, honestly.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Rirse posted:

Just out of curiosity, have you had the little heads on spider legs glitch out on you? Both me and a friend have had them hop immediately into the top left corner of a room and get stuck there, in some cases behind rocks so you can't get 'em unless you have a bomb handy. Thankfully exiting the game and continuing seems to make them disappear. But yeah, aside from that weird little hiccup I'm having a lot of fun!

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

RatHat posted:

I got the Dedication achievement so now I just need to find Eye of Greed, get the Tonsil familiar from the trinket, and Delirium(the item) to get 1000000%.

Start a ton of Eden runs, pray that Chaos helps you out or:

Look for all normal secret rooms for eye of greed.
Get mom's box and enough HP to use a blood machine a bunch to trigger tonsil.
Maggy start -> throw yourself at sacrifice rooms until you get god room teleport/item spawn.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Nothing compares to Isaac. Been playing Nuclear Throne before my PC died and got some Robot themed one on the Xbox, but despite having a rad soundtrack I'm just not feeling it. Isaac just has so drat much to it. Can't wait for AB+ despite it sounding kinda awful.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Blaine the Train posted:

Just out of curiosity, have you had the little heads on spider legs glitch out on you? Both me and a friend have had them hop immediately into the top left corner of a room and get stuck there, in some cases behind rocks so you can't get 'em unless you have a bomb handy. Thankfully exiting the game and continuing seems to make them disappear. But yeah, aside from that weird little hiccup I'm having a lot of fun!

Not yet. There was some enemies I would see spawn in a room and instantly disappear but it would clear the room.

And now I am seeing the Afterbirth Plus enemies, but at this point they don't seem as lovely as they were when I watch Psych stream this on day one and he would get a ton of rooms with the big stone guys or the vortex spawning a billion things, including stone guys and the white skulls. Looks like they don't appear in the game until The Lamb dies, so if you got the Switch version and want to do easier runs without the new enemies, probably hold off on killing The Lamb.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

RatHat posted:

I had two items left to get (Brown nugget and Tonsil) and just used a pedestal script because they just would not show up no matter how many victory laps I did and would regularly just end up rerolling items into Breakfast's over and over and over.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Hey guys, any tips for someone coming from enter the gungeon?Just got this game yesterday, seems pretty fun so far.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

lambskin posted:

Hey guys, any tips for someone coming from enter the gungeon?Just got this game yesterday, seems pretty fun so far.

Early on I say try to get use to the enemies so you can see their attack patterns while also just grab items to find out what works. Later on you can just look them up on the Platniumgod site to see if it not going to work with your current run. Probably just stick with the normal Mom/Mom's Heart runs and avoid the Lamb until you feel confident, as killing him unlocks the DLC enemies that can be pretty tough.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Thanks for that site, much much easier to use than searching poo poo on the wiki.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

John Lee posted:

Presented without comment:

Be fair now, that's not Nicalis patting themselves on the back, it's a jab at Nintendo's abandoned Seal of Quality, closely matching the original logo and text that was included with every game back in the day when they were terrified of third-party cartridge manufacturers.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Welp. I got the 1001% achievement today. Turns out I actually did have to pick the final item for my stats sheet, which was Delirious, even if that was part of the Afterbirth+ DLC and not the Afterbirth "vanilla".

I guess this makes sense, based on the achievement's description, but it still feels backwards since before Afterbirth+ (or perhaps if you uninstall AB+) you had to do a lot less to get it.

Anyway, I got Delirious, as Isaac, after walking on the spikes in a sacrifice room 7 times.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Orange Harrison posted:

Be fair now, that's not Nicalis patting themselves on the back, it's a jab at Nintendo's abandoned Seal of Quality, closely matching the original logo and text that was included with every game back in the day when they were terrified of third-party cartridge manufacturers.

The booklet is a page by page exact takeoff of the one for the original Zelda down to replicating printing errors found on some of the pages.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

AbstractNapper posted:

Welp. I got the 1001% achievement today. Turns out I actually did have to pick the final item for my stats sheet, which was Delirious, even if that was part of the Afterbirth+ DLC and not the Afterbirth "vanilla".

I guess this makes sense, based on the achievement's description, but it still feels backwards since before Afterbirth+ (or perhaps if you uninstall AB+) you had to do a lot less to get it.

Anyway, I got Delirious, as Isaac, after walking on the spikes in a sacrifice room 7 times.

I think you need every item, including DLC, for platinum god as well. (assuming the DLC is installed) Those who got that grandfathered in from Rebirth can consider themselves lucky

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
The lack of a quick reset button on switch is really loving annoying. I figured I should do all the challenges I have unlocked before I get the difficulty ups since they're mostly obnoxious however trying to reset the ones I absolutely hate for breaking takes so much time. More so since the manual states the button exists.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Really stupid question but have you tried holding it? I think you have to hold reset to make it work on PC. This is probably a dumb suggestion and you've probably already tried it but I figured I may as well throw it out there.

EDIT: on second thought having a reset button on a controller NOT be a hold trigger would be really loving dumb so of course you've tried this, never mind

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 21, 2017

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
It doesn't exist. There's a controller mapping section that's 1:1 to the pc with a distinct lack of mapping reset to anything

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I was wondering about that for when it (finally) comes to the Xbox, because there's an unlock that REQUIRES you to reset 30 time or so, isn't there?

Ghouljokes
Nov 30, 2016

yeah but it unlocks half soul hearts so you aren't missing much by not resetting.

Anyways the daily run is odd so far. You can get the pact on the first floor by bombing into the shop and buying joker, and I managed to reroll the detonator (without touching it) in the item room to the tractor beam, so it seems simple enough at least

Ghouljokes fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 22, 2017

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
I got Pact+Mom's knife in the joker'd basement 1 devil room, easy but boring run after that.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Just got the switch version having never played before. I beat mom and it unlocked a bunch of poo poo and I'm not sure where I go from here?

Also is there any kind of unlimited mode? I feel like the game ends like right after you get a bunch of cool new poo poo.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Play again. Then you'll unlock more levels, enemies, difficulty, characters, etc. There is a victory lap mode too, but that will need to be unlocked as well.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Samopsa posted:

I got Pact+Mom's knife in the joker'd basement 1 devil room, easy but boring run after that.

Got the Pact, but not Mom's knife. Was close to dying two or three times, but ended up with Goat Head, Cambion Conception,Tech X, Empty Vessel and a bunch of other stuff. So, it was fun at the end, but garbage at the start and middle.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

inferis posted:

Just got the switch version having never played before. I beat mom and it unlocked a bunch of poo poo and I'm not sure where I go from here?

Also is there any kind of unlimited mode? I feel like the game ends like right after you get a bunch of cool new poo poo.

Beating Mom is basically just your introduction to the game. Do more playthroughs, unlocking new stuff each time, from items to bosses.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

inferis posted:

It's a rogue like, you play it over and over. New runs unlock more and more, new bosses, floors, items, etc. each run is different but follows a similar flow. It's different as much as it is routine.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
As bad some of the new bosses the DLCs add...none can top Mask of Infamy when you have a run without piercing or anything to hit him in the back. Completely killed interest in finishing my run after going through a several soul hearts and getting red heart damage to lose the devil room once again. I honestly rather fight Husk again over that jerk without a decent way to hurt it.

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.

Rirse posted:

As bad some of the new bosses the DLCs add...none can top Mask of Infamy when you have a run without piercing or anything to hit him in the back. Completely killed interest in finishing my run after going through a several soul hearts and getting red heart damage to lose the devil room once again. I honestly rather fight Husk again over that jerk without a decent way to hurt it.

there is a technique to hit him reliably, you just gotta learn it man

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I've been playing this game for a billion hours and still think infamy is the worst boss by far, please share your ultimate technique with us

edit: and if it's "hitting him from the side" then you can eff off!!

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
You can get him in a charge loop pretty easily by approaching him. From there, unless you're slow as balls, you should be able to get a few shots on him. Otherwise... hit him from the sides.

He's not immune to ground effects like spikes, even though it looks like he's floating.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That the thing, I never get to see the proper Mask of Infamy fight most times since I would get a run where I have piercing or some other item that wrecks it. But last night run was just "I have high stats..and that really it" and tore up by it.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
You shouldn't be getting torn up by it. Maybe by how much loving time it's wasting, but like how do you lose to him unless you have ipecac or something?
Like, I'm legit confused.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Gloryhold It! posted:

You shouldn't be getting torn up by it. Maybe by how much loving time it's wasting, but like how do you lose to him unless you have ipecac or something?
Like, I'm legit confused.

I killed it in that run, but I lost a lot of health and time. And I got mad since I lost the devil room chance once again. I been trying to get the boss rush for Apollyon and having that thing appear just ruins any chance of reaching it.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

Rirse posted:

Firing wildly and hoping for a hit actually makes it harder to kill charging enemies because they're allowed to change direction at any time if you're holding fire.

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.

g0lbez posted:

I've been playing this game for a billion hours and still think infamy is the worst boss by far, please share your ultimate technique with us

edit: and if it's "hitting him from the side" then you can eff off!!

you hit him from the side while moving in the same direction he is moving.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
The booster pack came out! Now what do all of these items do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Carados posted:

The booster pack came out! Now what do all of these items do.

Any info on what mods went in?