Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Daryl Surat posted:

For all the mods to this game that exist, is there something that like, reverts the enemy spawn tables back to the pre-Housewarming state? I'm just thinking that this is a game I spent years and 1000+ hours playing, and now we have new levels and heisters and mod packs that I didn't bother buying at all, let alone on Day 1. In fact, I haven't touched the game in ages since so many of the changes made result not so much in "challenge" but in "tedium." It feels like it's always two Bulldozers, always four Shields. Tazers and Cloakers were annoying, but now you like, rarely ever get hit by them.

The fact that Almir wears a red "Make Payday Great Again" hat while simultaneously stripping out what made it so in favor of stuff that nobody thinks is a good idea except for a vocal minority is becoming more and more apropos.

Because that is literally how the spawns work now. Dozers always in pairs. Shields always in groups of 4 up to a maximum of 8. Mind bogglingly stupid :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Oh baby

Also I can see the sensibility of spawning shields in a group at least, because 1 shield is like the least threatening thing in the game, but yeah all the other guys coming in value packs too is ugh sometimes.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

UnknownMercenary posted:

Because that is literally how the spawns work now. Dozers always in pairs. Shields always in groups of 4 up to a maximum of 8. Mind bogglingly stupid :psyduck:

This just tells me I always need Body Expertise Aced

It's weird though, when I was playing previously the only heist I'd get 200+ kills on was Rats or Hotline Miami Day 2, and now that seems to happen in literally every heist. It's not that bad but sometimes it does feel like more copclicking than it's worth.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I think something is wrong with me. I don't feel inclined to purchase this DLC. I have to burn my A$$ membership card now, right?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Ahhhh, I get it! "grv" = GRU!

These achievements feel... rushed. On the other hand, we have Two Bears High Fiving. Thanks, Wilko!

mp5 posted:

This just tells me I always need Body Expertise Aced

It's weird though, when I was playing previously the only heist I'd get 200+ kills on was Rats or Hotline Miami Day 2, and now that seems to happen in literally every heist. It's not that bad but sometimes it does feel like more copclicking than it's worth.

in addition to special enemy value paks, the game also increased the number of spawns per assault wave (reasonable) and greatly increased the number of cops on the map at any one time (much harder to defend).

Drewjitsu posted:

I think something is wrong with me. I don't feel inclined to purchase this DLC. I have to burn my A$$ membership card now, right?

We've already done it for you. GET OUT

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

So I can't load the site right now. What guns did they add?

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
The Bizon, Dragunov, and AK-400.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yardbomb posted:

Also I can see the sensibility of spawning shields in a group at least, because 1 shield is like the least threatening thing in the game, but yeah all the other guys coming in value packs too is ugh sometimes.

What, you mean you don't like constantly having to fight pairs of tasers and dozers? Your opinion; Jules' choice.

Discendo Vox posted:

in addition to special enemy value paks, the game also increased the number of spawns per assault wave (reasonable) and greatly increased the number of cops on the map at any one time (much harder to defend).

100 enemies on the map at once so they all have the AI of a braindead zombie is perfectly reasonable Vox; you're just being a big baby.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Lynx posted:

The Bizon, Dragunov, and AK-400.

poo poo, I might have to reinstall just for dicking around with the bizon

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Drewjitsu posted:

Nah, I've never felt obligated to buy the weapon packs, I wait until they're cheap, and even then only if I'm already buying other stuff.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Quick note on the "complete heist using only the Russian weapons" achievements: You need to equip the Russian melee weapon for it.

There's at least one unique mod for russian weapons, probably a handful; they're card dropped this time.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

There's at least one unique mod for russian weapons, probably a handful; they're card dropped this time.

im just gonna wait for this to go on sale. i know that gage coins are now a thing, but pbbbbbbt

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Helical magazines! The Dragunov! :woop:

Now to wait a year for it to go on sale!

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Explosionface posted:

poo poo, I might have to reinstall just for dicking around with the bizon

The Bizon Tatonka looks drat good, too. 80 dam base, 64 base mag, reasonable accuracy. Base stability and RoF are a little low but overall seems like a Swedish K+.

I presume the new AK uses all the classic AK pattern mods?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Tempest_56 posted:

The Bizon Tatonka looks drat good, too. 80 dam base, 64 base mag, reasonable accuracy. Base stability and RoF are a little low but overall seems like a Swedish K+.

I presume the new AK uses all the classic AK pattern mods?

Most of them. I've read bug reports about a couple that are disabled.

...Why are the achievements for this DLC so lame? Where's my Russian Hare? My "protecting the homeland: kill 40 police from the top of the crane in the Big Bank job?"

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Discendo Vox posted:

...Why are the achievements for this DLC so lame? Where's my Russian Hare? My "protecting the homeland: kill 40 police from the top of the crane in the Big Bank job?"

Not nearly enough killing 10 guards in stealth while hopping on one foot while carrying a body bag at 75 detection risk without using ECMs.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Discendo Vox posted:

Most of them. I've read bug reports about a couple that are disabled.

Does each police have to be a different model or wielding a different weapon, with half done in assault and half not?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

:laffo: @ how all of the new weapons have way higher than normal ammo pickup rate.

Instead of actually fixing the issue where 1-3.5% global is poo poo and enemy health is too high, they just made pickup really high on all the DLC guns.

e: actually after doing some math the SMG is fine (the high base ammo fucks with the numbers at first glance) but the AR and sniper are both insanely self-sufficient right now for their damage class.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 23, 2017

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

UnknownMercenary posted:

:laffo: @ how all of the new weapons have way higher than normal ammo pickup rate.

Instead of actually fixing the issue where 1-3.5% global is poo poo and enemy health is too high, they just made pickup really high on all the DLC guns.

POWERCREEEEEEEEP

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

John Murdoch posted:

Not nearly enough killing 10 guards in stealth while hopping on one foot while carrying a body bag at 75 detection risk without using ECMs.

mp5 posted:

Does each police have to be a different model or wielding a different weapon, with half done in assault and half not?

I should've proposed running Election Day with all Russian Pack weapons. It'd fit better.

Anyway, yes, I do think crazy gimmick achievements are more interesting, fun, and better for the game and its longevity than "kill 300 enemies using these weapons".

It's especially weird that none of them require more than one player- that's just a basic rule for developing this sort of thing!

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Discendo Vox posted:

I should've proposed running Election Day with all Russian Pack weapons. It'd fit better.

:golfclap: love it

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

I should've proposed running Election Day Reputation Beyond Reproach with all Russian Pack weapons. It'd fit better.
Don't let a little thing like theme get in the way of bullshit.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

Or museum heist with russian pack weapons (map now includes a flag)

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

maswastaken posted:

Don't let a little thing like theme get in the way of bullshit.

Reputation Beyond Reproach has to be way easier now, even with all the new bullshit, simply because cloakers are almost non-existent now.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

Reputation Beyond Reproach has to be way easier now, even with all the new bullshit, simply because cloakers are almost non-existent now.

Also flashbangs exist now to make the actually-dangerous parts trivial. Even without anyone having fully loaded aced, a full crew can pack 24 of the buggers which is a rather long period of being able to move around in near complete safety.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Hey Wilko:

General Winter: Force Captain Winters to retreat with damage dealt only through weapons from the Gage Russian Pack

The Hare: Clear Boiling Point on Mayhem difficulty or above with all players using only the Grom sniper rifle

Get out of here: Complete the Meltdown heist on Overkill or above with a team wearing one of each of the Russian Pack masks

Managed Democracy: Complete Election day with all players using only Gage Russian Pack weapons, and team accuracy above 75% on both days

Red Star: Complete White Xmas and Stealing Xmas on Mayhem or above with all players using the Tatonka, AK17...and no skills.

It Katyn Be: Kill 220 intimidated law enforcers with the Rezkoye

Green Man Gaming: Complete Ukrainian Job on Death Wish or above with a team wearing one of each of the Russian Pack masks...and no kills.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Mar 24, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Discendo Vox posted:

Green Man Gaming: Complete Ukrainian Job on Overkill or above with a team wearing one of each of the Russian Pack masks...and no kills.
This is impossible.

Discendo Vox posted:

The Hare: Clear Boiling Point on Mayhem difficulty or above with all players using only the Grom sniper rifle
Ugh.

Discendo Vox posted:

Red Star: Complete White Xmas and Stealing Xmas on Mayhem or above with all players using the Tatonka, AK17...and no skills.
:barf:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This is impossible.

Ostensibly you could shout down all the guards.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Shooting Blanks posted:

Ukrainian job usually only has 3 guards, though it can range from 2-6.

vvvv nope, they fixed it.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 24, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shooting Blanks posted:

Isnt that impossible in stealth?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Not quite impossible, there's a split second where, when spotted, you catch em off guard enough and can yell them down. Probably patched out and back in each update knowing how this game is built.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Plus sometimes you can luck out and have just a single indoor guard on Overkill, I think. Just pick the safes and get the gently caress out while everyone else handles the front end with shouting and cable ties.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
I unironically like that impossible achievement Vox, keep up the good work.

but really stop adding achievements to this for a month or so & let me catch up ugh

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

RandallODim posted:

Plus sometimes you can luck out and have just a single indoor guard on Overkill, I think. Just pick the safes and get the gently caress out while everyone else handles the front end with shouting and cable ties.

The guards are the same on all difficulties, an artifact of being a (badly implemented) launch heist.
Interior:
35% chance of just camera guard inside the store, 48.75% chance of the camera guy and another patroller, 16.25% chance of camera, patroller, and stationary guard in office (the jewelry deal event).
Exterior:
50/50 chance of there being 1 or 2 guards that patrol around the back. Separately, there's a 25% chance of a stationary guy near the burnt out car. The stationary exterior guard can be a problem, because he can usually see into the office through the windows.

HebrewMagic posted:

Not quite impossible, there's a split second where, when spotted, you catch em off guard enough and can yell them down. Probably patched out and back in each update knowing how this game is built.

It's a couple seconds, actually- enough time that you don't need to plan for it. It's consistently been in the game aside from a brief absence after Mayhem/OD were added.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

RandallODim posted:

If the safes aren't Titans on overkill just speed run with ECM and C4. Just make sure you don't trip the metal detector.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Shadowed Bacon posted:

If the safes aren't Titans on overkill just speed run with ECM and C4. Just make sure you don't trip the metal detector.

Metal detector doesn't actually set off an alarm; it's just very loud and alerts everyone on the map. If you're ECM rushing OR have the map already locked down, set that fucker off all you want.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

POWERCREEEEEEEEP

THOUGHTS ARRIVE LIKE BUTTERFLIES

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

watho posted:

THOUGHTS ARRIVE LIKE BUTTERFLIES

OH JULES DONT KNOW
SO HE PATCHES ANYWAAAAYYYY

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The other day when the pack came out, one of the Overkill guys on twitter decided to make a silly little contest, draw or shop Vlad doing a Vlad thing for codes.

This fine piece of paint.net artistry got me one :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Discendo Vox posted:

The guards are the same on all difficulties, an artifact of being a (badly implemented) launch heist.
Interior:
35% chance of just camera guard inside the store, 48.75% chance of the camera guy and another patroller, 16.25% chance of camera, patroller, and stationary guard in office (the jewelry deal event).
Exterior:
50/50 chance of there being 1 or 2 guards that patrol around the back. Separately, there's a 25% chance of a stationary guy near the burnt out car. The stationary exterior guard can be a problem, because he can usually see into the office through the windows.
I've solo stealthed Ukrainian Job a good 30+ times on my grind up towards XXV-100. I have gotten to the point that I get it done in 4 minutes or less, each time. I never go outside and kill the outside guards anymore, because they never see inside. Not once. I just jump in the camera room window, shoot the guard, start the drill, get the pager, run to other room, start the drill, kill the guard if necessary, take the hostages, then stare at drills for however long they take while grabbing Gage Pacakges, drop ECM, grab 2-3 extra loot bags, profit. Never touch the outside guards or buy any of the preplanning items.