Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yep, that's a good way to get me to see your movie. Don't put the title on the poster or anything unmistakably recognizable either.

Holy poo poo this owns hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

This looks like a fake poster. Like one that would be in the background of a high powered Hollywood executive's office in a low rent comedy. Just posed between a romantic comedy starring fictional actress 'Karen Morris' and a movie about Spiders attacking San Francisco.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yep, that's a good way to get me to see your movie. Don't put the title on the poster or anything unmistakably recognizable either.
Holy poo poo this owns hahahaha

Because it was a shield I was originally wondering "is Hollywood butchering Legend of Zelda like they did Mario?"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

THE BAR posted:

Will there be drifting?

Oh, there'll be drifting, alright. People will be drifting off to sleep in the theater.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

marshmallow creep posted:

Because it was a shield I was originally wondering "is Hollywood butchering Legend of Zelda like they did Mario?"

Hollywood wishes it could make a movie as good as Super Mario Brothers.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I can only imagine DC's confusion right now. Half way through post on Suicide Squad and Deadpool knocks it out of the park. They reshoot and recut to lighten the mood and their film doesn't quite tank, but underperforms and is savaged by critics.

They publicly state Justice League is going to be more light hearted than BvS because that's what audiences want. Then a dark as gently caress R-rated Logan makes $200 million in 3 weeks, and now they don't know what the gently caress to do.

And from the DC Films boardrooms there came much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
- Marvel 13:42

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dillbag posted:

I can only imagine DC's confusion right now. Half way through post on Suicide Squad and Deadpool knocks it out of the park. They reshoot and recut to lighten the mood and their film doesn't quite tank, but underperforms and is savaged by critics.

They publicly state Justice League is going to be more light hearted than BvS because that's what audiences want. Then a dark as gently caress R-rated Logan makes $200 million in 3 weeks, and now they don't know what the gently caress to do.

And from the DC Films boardrooms there came much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
- Marvel 13:42

Nice fantasy world you have in your head.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/BenAffleck/status/845005933428293634

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Justice League will be more light hearted because it was foreshadowed in Man of Steel that Superman will bring light into the world.

The people who are confused are the ones saying 'dark' movies don't make money. I'm still seeing comments that Logan is "a terrible Zack Snyder wannabe movie that mopey and depressing and the director is stupid because he hates superhero movies".

One more JL poster.

And other stuff:

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 23, 2017

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

The MSJ posted:

Justice League will be more light hearted because it was foreshadowed in Man of Steel that Superman will bring light into the world.

The people who are confused are the ones saying 'dark' movies don't make money. I'm still seeing comments that Logan is "a terrible Zack Snyder wannabe movie that mopey and depressing and the director is stupid because he hates superhero movies".

One more JL poster.

Seriously, whoever photoshopped that together should be fired.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Makes me think of Shin Godzilla's tail:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The MSJ posted:

One more JL poster.

Batman is so fat.

Edit: :goonsay: more like Fatman

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Vagabundo posted:

Batman is so fat.

Edit: :goonsay: more like Fatman

Maybe it's just me, but the JL stuff has been strikingly queer. It's atypical because there's practically no sexual emphasis or gaze on Wonder Woman, and they didn't seem to cast Cyborg in this way (they couldn't have gotten a more nondescript guy for the part), but someone made drat sure that Flash and Aquaman a couple of cuties, Superman goes without saying, and additionally, there is an emphasis on differentiated male body types. Affleck as DILFman is my ultimate proof of that.

Maybe it is just me though.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Cyborg looks like a pile of CG poo poo.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Cyborg is really blah and has always been a nothing character, the coolest thing so far about him is that his dad is Dr. Miles Dyson.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Nah, making sure that the men are pretty loving appealing and lingering on it has been a universal part of superhero film and TV recently, DC and Marvel both. And genre TV in general. The only new bit is the decision to try to avoid it for Wonder Woman.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 24, 2017

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
You think so? The only time I would say it's ever been positively emphasized recently is in Guardians with Batista being shirtless for the whole movie. Everybody in Arrow is some variant of Canadian hunk, everyone in the Marvel movies has the same build (note how Loki captured fangirls attention, precisely because there's a drastic contrast between he and Thor), every male in the X-Men movies is Singer's type, etc.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MikeJF posted:

Nah, making sure that the men are pretty loving appealing and lingering on it has been a universal part of superhero film and TV recently, DC and Marvel both. And genre TV in general. The only new bit is the decision to try to avoid it for Wonder Woman.

The guys in the Avengers get more sexy focus than Scarlet Witch or Black Widow. I can't remember Scarlet Witch getting any sexualization at all.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Shoulda been Teen Titans Cyborg imo.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Waffleman_ posted:

Shoulda been Teen Titans Cyborg imo.

It's the only one anyone other than Geoff Johns gives a drat about.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That suit is so bad, God. What's wrong with spandex?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Cyborg is really blah and has always been a nothing character, the coolest thing so far about him is that his dad is Dr. Miles Dyson.

This is a Terminator 2 spinoff?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Waffleman_ posted:

It usually looks really bad.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

got any sevens posted:

This is a Terminator 2 spinoff?

There's only one reason you'd go out of your way to cast Joe Morton as a guy who finds future technology and reverse engineers an android from it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Waffleman_ posted:

The sixth power ranger

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You can make a Flash costume that isn't spandex or that overly-complicated Justice League costume

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Guy Goodbody posted:

You can make a Flash costume that isn't spandex or that overly-complicated Justice League costume

Yeah, those don't really look good to me.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

The MSJ posted:

One more JL poster.

Every costume but Batman's is busy as gently caress

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

That picture didn't look too bad on my phone but seeing it on my computer monitor it is loving terrible.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm still sad Aquaman's not just gonna wear small pants for the entire film.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Da fuq the Flash need body armor for? Dude can out run bullets, that poo poo's just gonna slow him down.

The CW look is better, but not great.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Let's put as many edges where the air can catch on his costume as possible.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Flash does not move fast by literally going fast, but by the Speed Force warping reality around him. Theoretically, he can move the same speed whether he's in his gym shorts or wearing plate armor. It's also why time and interdimensional travel are major elements in Flash stories (especially the CW series).

None of those costumes actually look 'busy' when you see them in motion.

From another superhero world:

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 24, 2017

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Hat Thoughts fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 24, 2017

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Comic books sure are loving dumb.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Guy Goodbody posted:

Sure, you can do that. Doesn't mean they'll look good though. JL Flash looks great imo. Even better in motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt0LeCAFSjk

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

teagone posted:

Sure, you can do that. Doesn't mean they'll look good though. JL Flash looks great imo. Even better in motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt0LeCAFSjk

Looks like plasticy garbage from the ~3 seconds of motion in that clip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Who says it isn't a King Arthur thing? There is a reason it's subtitled The Last Knight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLA6cpLwr6A

I just now realized, the 80s movie did us a favor by killing Prime off. It was better this way.