Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Mycroft Holmes posted:

are you blaming the Ukrainians for the holodomor?

Who else are you gonna blame, the guy offering the way to avoid that exact situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

Who else are you gonna blame, the guy offering the way to avoid that exact situation?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

OhFunny posted:

Speaking of farmers and their exports. Mexico, the largest importer of American corn, is looking for other markets to buy from.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-22/mexican-companies-craft-plan-to-sidestep-u-s-grain-imports

And here I thought Venezuela had a rough time trying to farm.

The USA is basically saying "Here, hold my beer.."

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
A few trillion in farm subsidies will fix everything. Remember 2 Senators per state, even if your state has the population of a small town.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/trump-supporters-husband-getting-deported-despite-being-a-model-resident

quote:

Trump supporter’s husband getting deported despite being a ‘model resident’

An Indiana woman who voted for President Donald Trump last year is trying to stop Immigration and Customs Enforcement from deporting her husband.

Beristain’s wife, Helen, says that she voted for Trump in November because she supported his policies on deporting undocumented immigrants. However, she tells IPM that she never expected her own husband to be caught up in a deportation wave.

““[Trump] did say the good people would not be deported, the good people would be checked,” she explained.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

She gonna lose a lot of her employees too I bet, if not to ICE then because they know her place is a target now

Good thing a Democrat she didn't vote for stepped in to try to help, lol

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
good on buttgig for trying to help tho

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Whys he gotta butt in

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

HorseRenoir posted:

Every time I try to feel sad for these people I remember that they wanted these things to happen to everyone except themselves and I just go "haha nevermind"
Everybody wants to go to the Colosseum, but nobody wants to get eaten by the lions. :munch:

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

listen, lady, we're checking the good people. anyway please have your husband hold this paper bag

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

is there one for leftists?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

is there one for leftists?

This is the only other one I know of.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

is there a level 5

:ussr:

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Annual Prophet posted:

is there a level 5

:ussr:

hoxha

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Hm, article didnt say why he didnt have a green card. Also I appreciated the scary-looking pic of Hillary on an ad to indict her.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

got any sevens posted:

Hm, article didnt say why he didnt have a green card.

it sounds like he did? there's more in this article

quote:

Beristain, 43, has a work permit, driver’s license and a legal Social Security number — thanks to the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, which has been aware of his deportation order dating back to 2000, said his immigration attorney, Jason Flora, of Indianapolis.

Beristain is being kept apart from his wife, Helen, a U.S. citizen who’d immigrated from Greece more than 30 years ago, along with three kids at home in Mishawaka’s Winding Brook subdivision — two daughters, ages 14 and 15, and an 8-year-old son.

i'd have thought he'd be eligible for citizenship by now given that he's married w/3 kids to a citizen, but they're trump supporters, so maybe they were too stupid to file paperwork

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

He was here illegally at some point and thus he's gotta go

Trump was EXTREMELY clear on this

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Mycroft Holmes posted:

haha that's actually prty funny

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i'd have thought he'd be eligible for citizenship by now given that he's married w/3 kids to a citizen, but they're trump supporters, so maybe they were too stupid to file paperwork

some european immigrants deliberately don't naturalize, because they want to keep open the option of going back for free healthcare in case they get seriously ill

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

If he has a deportation order, he isn't getting citizenship.
ICE had been fairly lax with pulling green cards of people who have minor, though disqualifing offense. Generally, the way you get ICE to pay attention to you is to apply for citizenship, so people possibly eligible for deportation don't do that.
If he had a green card, I'd be curious what offense he commited to make himself deportable. It can range from simple possession to murder. DUIs are generally no deportable, but have a little weed and gtfo apparently.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Unless I'm reading the article wrong his only crime was trying to get into Canada while illegal

quote:

A pivotal moment in Beristain’s life history came in 2000 when he and Helen took a trip to Niagara Falls in New York. They inadvertently drove across the border to Canada and border agents discovered that he was, at that time, in the U.S. illegally, said Flora.
A federal immigration judge in New York ordered him to voluntarily deport himself by December 2000, Flora said. Beristain chose to stay. He felt that he had to because Helen was pregnant with their daughter — and at high risk since Helen had high blood pressure.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Mycroft Holmes posted:

nice!
:master:
:discourse:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

A history prof of mine was a tankie regular when it came to the Holodomor. :whitewater:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Weed was made illegal to deport Mexicans and open up jobs for "Americans" during the depression

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Weed was made illegal to deport Mexicans and open up jobs for "Americans" during the depression

i heard it was made illegal by ~Big Paper~ bc they were afraid of a superior hemp-based product :jerkbag:

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

reprieve granted, evidently

at least until the regulatory fuckery kicks in

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Wasn't weed made illegal because it made you feel funny when you smoked it?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

And it was kept illegal by the Nixon administration who promised they would follow the advice of scientists until they didn't.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Thump! posted:

Wasn't weed made illegal because it made you feel funny when you smoked it?

weed was made illegal to take advantage of anti-mexican and anti-black sentiment and to use those communities as vehicles for money laundering through the prison-industrial complex

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

weed was made illegal to take advantage of anti-mexican and anti-black sentiment and to use those communities as vehicles for money laundering through the prison-industrial complex

And it worked! Great job, America!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

basically every drug law is an excuse to arrest minorities. Even cocaine ]

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

so how are trump voters reacting to almost losing their health care bc of trump

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

"I heard Paul Ryan wanted to take away my healthcare but trump stopped him" probably

octobernight
Nov 25, 2004
High Priest of the Christian-Atheist Church
Haha, the woman who voted for Trump got her husband deported. This was reported a few days ago, but the new interview of her is magical.

quote:

“We were for Mr. Trump,” she added. “We were very happy he became the president. Whatever he says, he is right. But, like he said, the good people have a chance to become citizens of the United States.”

Lady, he said he was going to deport your husband and followed through with that threat and you still cling to Trump's nutsack. No sympathy for at all. This is also why Trump will win in 2020 and GOP will sweep in 2018. Trump could kill their entire family and they will still vote for him.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

OhFunny posted:

Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures

Two Ohio coal plants to close

Jesus Christ himself couldn't rise coal from the dead.

You tried to warn them Marven :smith:

dp&l are two HUGE employers in that area; they are two of the maybe 4-5 jobs that pay a decent wage for 75 miles in any direction

i know some severe trumpies that love love loved him that will lose their jobs when these close

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Former Everything posted:

dp&l are two HUGE employers in that area; they are two of the maybe 4-5 jobs that pay a decent wage for 75 miles in any direction

i know some severe trumpies that love love loved him that will lose their jobs when these close

Well at least they aren't suffering the indignity of having to work rural renewable energy projects instead. TRUMP!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Pollyanna posted:

"it's all part of trump's ninth dimensional chess that they ended up leaving it alone; big daddy strong, and big daddy takes care of me"

- trump voter 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

octobernight posted:

Haha, the woman who voted for Trump got her husband deported. This was reported a few days ago, but the new interview of her is magical.

Lady, he said he was going to deport your husband and followed through with that threat and you still cling to Trump's nutsack. No sympathy for at all. This is also why Trump will win in 2020 and GOP will sweep in 2018. Trump could kill their entire family and they will still vote for him.

my party did this, and yet i still can't look at it, it's like looking at a woman you beat have to death ask you for a hand up to stand

lady, this is not that

stop expecting humanity from your aggressor

welp, see you at the polls in 2018 and check r, it's what you do, and taking more of your rights, and breaking up your family :barf:, is what we do

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
"Scorpion and the Frog

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the
scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The
frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion
says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

"The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream,
the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of
paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown,
but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Replies the scorpion: "Its my nature...""

- the story of my party