Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Capn Beeb posted:

Frontier Defense 2.0 when :colbert:

I think it'll get added in. They added live fire to the mode before this one, maybe FD2 is on the way in the next DLC pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

But the priiiiiiiiiize

Jacob gets to stay in his fart locker doing push ups for the rest of the game, while I go kill poo poo with my bros Garrus and Zaeed.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

miranda is worth taking for her boosts to squad damage
and mordin does a drat fine job against armour

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

That's not how you spell Wrex :confused:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Wait I forgot he's not in 2 huh

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

miranda is worth taking for her boosts to squad damage
and mordin does a drat fine job against armour

Squadmates? I'm an adept, I don't need no fuckin' squadmates unless they help me with biotic explosions.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Mike-o posted:

Wait I forgot he's not in 2 huh

I thought he was? That's the only one I ever played but people have talked about it so much I may have names mixed up. And that Geth robot was a good squad mate if I recall correctly.

Upon further research, yeah you're right. Dunno whose name I was mixing up. Eh whatever.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Squadmates? I'm an adept, I don't need no fuckin' squadmates unless they help me with biotic explosions.

ah, a worse vanguard

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I thought he was? That's the only one I ever played but people have talked about it so much I may have names mixed up. And that Gesh robot was a good squad mate if I recall correctly.

yes legion owns but you only get him late game

Mike-o posted:

That's not how you spell Wrex :confused:

nah you have grunt who is worth taking just to hear him screaming I AM KROGAN all the time

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Two Finger posted:

ah, a worse vanguard

yes legion owns but you only get him late game

nah you have grunt who is worth taking just to hear him screaming I AM KROGAN all the time

Yeah I don't remember who I used before him. I do remember the Krogan was the only one who died for good in my playthrough.

Also these nerds purposely "shipping" Sheppard with weird rear end aliens creep me out.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Two Finger posted:

Daaamn, forgot about Grunt. Maybe I'll replace Zaeed with him once I recruit him.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

ah, a worse vanguard

That just like, your opinion, man.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Missionary Positron posted:

Daaamn, forgot about Grunt. Maybe I'll replace Zaeed with him once I recruit him.

use him to make it so zaeed and garrus get a mission off every third mission!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Titanfall is great and I'll still play it with a group. That said, too many good games out right now. It's really affected the player base.

I was really hopeful and wanted to support Respawn 100% but I've given up. gently caress 'em.

Almost 6 months and we have a game mode that doesn't have Titans, and two maps from TF1. They really screwed the pooch in every way and are receiving the backlash. A lot of their team went to work on the new Star Wars game as well

Ultimately it still did "ok." In that they profited. Hopefully we see a Titanfall 3 at least

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Two Finger posted:

use him to make it so zaeed and garrus get a mission off every third mission!

Good idea, they gotta have a break once in a while.

The texture mod made ME2 characters look really good, goddamn:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I think ME1 2 and 3 were nothing but mistakes. MEA is just baffling. Having an enemy that flies, can reliably hit you from any range with high damage and aggressively chases you, and the flying renders cover pretty much useless is not good game design. If this was a boss or whatever, ok, but this is a basic loving enemy that spawns in clusters.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Two Finger posted:

I think ME1 2 and 3 were nothing but mistakes. MEA is just baffling. Having an enemy that flies, can reliably hit you from any range with high damage and aggressively chases you, and the flying renders cover pretty much useless is not good game design. If this was a boss or whatever, ok, but this is a basic loving enemy that spawns in clusters.

This sounds loving miserable :(

Also I always took Zaaed and Thane as an adept. If I recall Thane could combo powers with you, and Zaaed just set everything on fire and glared things to death.

Plus Thane was my pissed off renegade femshep's space husband :v:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

This sounds loving miserable :(

Also I always took Zaaed and Thane as an adept. If I recall Thane could combo powers with you, and Zaaed just set everything on fire and glared things to death.

Plus Thane was my pissed off renegade femshep's space husband :v:

Yeah so far my combat strategy is finding cover that breaks the enemy's pathing, and blindfiring (which weirdly seems almost as accurate as regular firing). It's ok though because it seems like most enemies take a full clip or more to drop!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Two Finger posted:

Yeah so far my combat strategy is finding cover that breaks the enemy's pathing, and blindfiring (which weirdly seems almost as accurate as regular firing). It's ok though because it seems like most enemies take a full clip or more to drop!

I saw some footage with a fresh character where every enemy was a bullet sponge needing a full 30 space heat sink mag clipazine thing to drop and wanted to believe it was because super early starting weapons yeah gonna be weak surely they don't pull a Division here

Then I saw more. :cripes:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Capn Beeb posted:

I saw some footage with a fresh character where every enemy was a bullet sponge needing a full 30 space heat sink mag clipazine thing to drop and wanted to believe it was because super early starting weapons yeah gonna be weak surely they don't pull a Division here

Then I saw more. :cripes:

If they beta testers say the game is too easy, you just give the enemies more health.

Obviously.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
man that division poo poo killed me. Like IDK I can pretend it takes 30 space lazer bullets to kill a dude, but having to mag dump an M249 into someone is just ridiculous

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Arc Light posted:

If they beta testers say the game is too easy, you just give the enemies more health.

Obviously.

The enemies are hyper aggressive which is fine in itself but when you can't put even mooks down easily it becomes a problem. Especially when they almost never miss and drop your shields in no time at all. Doesn't help there are stupid melee enemies that can cloak then knock you out of cover. It's really, really frustrating.
Especially coming off how good the trilogy combat was.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

ME1 endgame combat was my favorite. Fully automatic rifles that never overheated, with ammo that melted enemies into goop.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Arc Light posted:

ME1 endgame combat was my favorite. Single shot rifles that overheated after every round, with ammo that knocked enemies into the stratosphere

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Jonathan Cooper is with Naughty Dog but also worked on Mass Effect 1.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Although I loved Vanguard in the first two Mass Effects, it was beyond amazing in 3. Anyone who wasn't flying around the map with Biotic Charge/Nova combos was playing wrong. Rarely a shotgun to the face was needed to finish off bigger enemies. With a biotic teammate, those charges also caused biotic explosions all the time.

http://i.imgur.com/BqYv2wD.gif

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
this is loving stupid but i love it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWaNpxlgm3k

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I wanna get into the Mass Effect games because you dorks keep talking about them. Do I need to do ME1 before the others or can I jump right into ME2+3?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Absolutely play 1 first. It's a great game.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
If you care about the story and all that play 1-3. Nerding out about all the sci-fi technology and aliens and junk was fun for me because I'm a dork, and also exploring planets and doing sick jumps off cliffs in the Mako was a blast.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

You have a rover in the new one but it's nowhere near as cool as the Mako. Heavy focus on exploring though which is cool.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ME1 is fun but hasn't aged too well. The movement and combat is also clunky as gently caress.

They need a ME1-esque game with ME2 combat/movement

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ds3 patch out for ps4

it looks way loving smoother now

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ds3 patch out for ps4

it looks way loving smoother now

They fixed Ornstein's helm. It has the plume now.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

seriously if you have a ps4 pro and ds3 on it fire up that poo poo, it's like night and day even compared to beast mode

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

ME1 is fun but hasn't aged too well. The movement and combat is also clunky as gently caress.

They need a ME1-esque game with ME2 combat/movement

Just remaster the whole trilogy. I would buy the poo poo out of it.

Meanwhile:

:argh:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Haha I love that dude so much. :tif:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:turianass:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Same, Okeer. Same. :black101:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
started playing through ME1 yesterday. On PS3 it runs like poo poo and holy hell I forgot how bad the Mako was, but other than that it's not so bad. I'm ready to be done with it and move on to 2 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

The Mako is great, especially because you can run over geometric alien howler monkeys.