Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

legecy servers are getting evolutions/mergers (trion has no loving clue yet, but you can be assured that as soon as they do theyll give you a week before it happens) because pop is so bad.

The 2 fresh start servers are always HIGH pop, I log into (the 2nd one that was started, cant remember the its so great) and your lucky to get 25 people for a CR (I do play off peak though).

Land on FS is popping up all over as people that left 5 weeks ago and prepaid taxes are expiring.

I hear the only server that is doing well is Kyrios, and thats due to the 1 credit transfers that happened a little while ago.

3.5 is around the corner and all i read is it makes gold sinks even bigger while changing stuff up enough to piss everyone off.
(I think packs cant sit anymore, as in youll get less the older they are, but you can do charcoal safe runs on same continent....)
Think gilda traders are going away, so hope you like daylies.

BUT that being said.
I havent spent a cent on the game this time around and still have a few apex left for a few more months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Trion bad.

I'm sure they made great bank off the most recent "fresh start" servers but I don't know how many times they can pull that trick again, if any.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

DancingShade posted:

Trion bad.

I'm sure they made great bank off the most recent "fresh start" servers but I don't know how many times they can pull that trick again, if any.

not as much as you'd think, the players are known for charging back literally everything they spend on the game after the server snowballs out of control

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im surprised any payment processors work with them with how many chargebacks they get. You would think any payment would be auto-flagged as fraudulent by now

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I think Reckoning is doing fine, I always see people in chat grouping up and talking poo poo. I'm in a guild called <Stay Cute> that I like quite a bit, they're very relaxed. A lot of people on the server did drop recently for a new game that came out, R something, but not enough that I'd be concerned.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

A Spider Covets posted:

I think Reckoning is doing fine, I always see people in chat grouping up and talking poo poo. I'm in a guild called <Stay Cute> that I like quite a bit, they're very relaxed. A lot of people on the server did drop recently for a new game that came out, R something, but not enough that I'd be concerned.

Revelation Online?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Yeah I think that's it.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

A Spider Covets posted:

Hah, I'm in KYS (aka TPP now). I kill people in Stay Cute all the time. What's your IGN so I don't kill you?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

CompeAnansi posted:

Hah, I'm in KYS (aka TPP now). I kill people in Stay Cute all the time. What's your IGN so I don't kill you?

Haha nice. I'm Blossom now, I switched sides after I got bored of pirate after a while. You're still Anansi?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

A Spider Covets posted:

Haha nice. I'm Blossom now, I switched sides after I got bored of pirate after a while. You're still Anansi?

Anansai, yeah. I basically live in Calmlands if you want to say hi.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Lord and Savior of KarmaFleet
Here is something fun.

I'm playing in this guild called viral on reckoning east. It's a bunch of nobodies that don't work together for anything. Either they deleted their discord or they kicked me today. Unsure which but I'm leaning towards kick. Here's the so totally awesome reason why.

Hokage was doing an archeum pack guild run. My brother and I, both in viral, attacked the Hokage caravan full of cars, haulers and donkeys. Well apparently, there was a viral player in this caravan somewhere who promptly jumped out of his hauler and fought on the Hokage side of the fight. He, of course, dies along with some Hokage.

Hokages Natasha hunts me down with her far better gear and kills me. As im trying to run and kite Natasha this viral member who died to us releases. With fire and rage in his eyes he rushes towards his hauler finding my brother alone and proceeds to purple all over my brother.

My brother kites until I arrive and we proceed to have our way with him, still not even realizing he was viral! Then comes the guild chat crying where I made fun of him relentlessly.

Now I think I need a guild. Any suggestions? Green pirate preferably.

I don't meet Bakas gear score requirements of 4k yet. I may try them out when I do.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

CompeAnansi posted:

We left TPP after a few weeks of boring Anth/Contesting, then the server ripped pretty hard in other content (e.g. the ocean 70% of the map).

Someone post if the seas pick up again!

Also lmao at disrep logging into grapes account and taking her club.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
We're doing a lot more ocean stuff now. Most days we're doing Abyssal and Lusca, and contesting DGS/Kraken whenever they're up (DGS less frequently). This is really way more fun because I always thought that the naval combat was the best part of the game. It also helps that we have Gnarly's boat, which is still probably the best on the server.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

CompeAnansi posted:

We're doing a lot more ocean stuff now. Most days we're doing Abyssal and Lusca, and contesting DGS/Kraken whenever they're up (DGS less frequently). This is really way more fun because I always thought that the naval combat was the best part of the game. It also helps that we have Gnarly's boat, which is still probably the best on the server.

My mythic/mythic trade boat stripped + 2 harpoons is by far the best setup for actual pirating - e.g. stealing packs... it clocks in at like 16 or something retarded like that. Iirc Cloudy from <Sin> has a p ballin galleon too - have yall been fighting them?

Glad to hear they finally got on the DGS train!

Ponuh
Nov 8, 2006

No tricks, Mr. President. In a few moments I will release a wave of psychic energy designed to dominate the whole planet. There will be no more 'free will'.
Is there no way to upgrade to a farm hauler without spending on the cash shop? I haven't been able to figure this out.

Archeage is a really cool game, but after many fun weeks I'm running up against what people seem to be upset about.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ponuh posted:

Is there no way to upgrade to a farm hauler without spending on the cash shop? I haven't been able to figure this out.

Archeage is a really cool game, but after many fun weeks I'm running up against what people seem to be upset about.

trade gold for apex, buy the ticket with credits.

Im trying to make my 2nd car. Which i may not do once the apex i bought at the start fo the game for 80g runs out.

There is a definite nerf to TS proc rates, and the nerf to rubber is stupidly insane.

78 to go, and 60k proff in logging on runber trees. Thats all i need.

Meskhenet fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Apr 3, 2017

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X
So resubbed started playing because a friend is a diehard and going through a bad breakup. He's on kyrionos or whatever my day1 char is unfortunately hyranani or whatever on anzerab server or some poo poo.

so i rolled a new chat, an archer, but accidently hit the wrong server so now he's on anzareb too and i have to transfer one.

questions: can i send that day1 gear chest item things via mail to the char i plan on transferring, can i undo the fact that my first skill tree on char2 was arch>battlerage when i meant to do shadowplay like i did with my first character?

also what fuckin server are goons left on, because that OP is confusing.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

taels posted:

because that OP is confusing.

It might be trying to tell you something other than where the goons are.

It's telling you this game is bad. It's bad OK? Bad

Ponuh
Nov 8, 2006

No tricks, Mr. President. In a few moments I will release a wave of psychic energy designed to dominate the whole planet. There will be no more 'free will'.
So my friend and I were getting ready to quit over the farm hauler thing. He rolled a warborn just to mess around with the double XP and stumbled across a newly public house with about 6k worth of stuff in storage.

So now we're running packs in style. If anyone is wavering about this game after a few weeks, I would highly recommend looting 6k from a random stranger's chestbox.

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X

Ponuh posted:

So my friend and I were getting ready to quit over the farm hauler thing. He rolled a warborn just to mess around with the double XP and stumbled across a newly public house with about 6k worth of stuff in storage.

So now we're running packs in style. If anyone is wavering about this game after a few weeks, I would highly recommend looting 6k from a random stranger's chestbox.

I can has a coooooookie?
Also taelspun on kryrious and taels on anzerab

taels fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Apr 12, 2017

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

I started missing archeage and didn't want to go back to Trion. I found out about this server: https://www.archerage.to. It's hosted in Europe ran by Russians, I'm having a lot of fun so far. (Forgive me if this has been posted before)

Highlights:
  • 5x exp
  • 2x drop
  • Everyone gets patron
  • 40 labor regen on/off

There are english guilds on both east and west. I'm on east in a ~100 man guild. This thread has much more information: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/65lzpm/info_about_archeage_private_server_archerage/

I can wholly recommend the server so far, and if you join, feel free to message me at Nope on east.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

dominoeffect posted:

I started missing archeage and didn't want to go back to Trion. I found out about this server: https://www.archerage.to. It's hosted in Europe ran by Russians, I'm having a lot of fun so far. (Forgive me if this has been posted before)

Highlights:
  • 5x exp
  • 2x drop
  • Everyone gets patron
  • 40 labor regen on/off

There are english guilds on both east and west. I'm on east in a ~100 man guild. This thread has much more information: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/65lzpm/info_about_archeage_private_server_archerage/

I can wholly recommend the server so far, and if you join, feel free to message me at Nope on east.

To be honest those highlights would make the game bearable, especially since I assume there isn't a cash shop so they've adjusted drop rates on rares.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

dominoeffect posted:

Highlights:
  • 5x exp
  • 2x drop
  • Everyone gets patron
  • 40 labor regen on/off

Oh man, so, how is land?

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Meskhenet posted:

Oh man, so, how is land?

There is land left, and auroria is opening this Sunday. The guild I'm in is hoping to start getting some land up there. You can get 55 within a couple of hours since they give you a bunch of +xp pots to get the leveling done quick, it's awesome.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well the worst part of the game was the company running it so that does sound pretty good

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Fauxtool posted:

well the worst part of the game was the company running it so that does sound pretty good

darnit trion.

I'm quite surprised at how bustling the server is. The population is quite high and the auction house is well populated.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

dominoeffect posted:

darnit trion.

I'm quite surprised at how bustling the server is. The population is quite high and the auction house is well populated.

Assume the whales are running a dozen botted accounts each and it makes sense.

If there is any land open anywhere that means things are bad population wise because that implies Johnny "multiple accounts" Ten Farms doesn't need an eleventh.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Sup Goons. Played this from Release to Auroria opening up on Aranzeb, dropped out from disappointment when we couldn't get our poo poo together and conquer the place. Felt an itch to play this last night at work so now I'm back.

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Ollo

<Ollominati> (East)

People who can be whispered for an invite: Flan, Knave

So I rolled a new Warborn on this server. They're so hilariously awful I can't help but love it. Especially the excess of straps and lack of protection on all the lady armor. I missed this ridiculousness.

ANYWAY haven't been able to get a hold of Flan or Knave for an invite.

Looks like the guilds on Calliel or Ezi are more active judging by the amount of officers/inviters. I mostly just want to to have goons to chat and gently caress around with. I don't give a crap about land availability, I mostly want to just farm out my Labor to help out guildmates while I argue about votes in CYOA threads. Thoughts?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

the op hasn't been updated for two years

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Shy posted:

the op hasn't been updated for two years

Haha wow I thought I saw 2017 there. balls. Any open goon guilds left then?

Austin S
Jul 2, 2005
Welcome to PotatOllo, the server so boring that the pirate faction ruling guild transferred out.
West is trying to fill the power vacuum, but with Freedich no longer on lockdown there will likely be steady inflation until 3.5 rolls out.

I enjoy this game because it's the first I've ever played on the scope (if not the scale) of WoW, and all the MMOs I played in my youth set the bar real low.
IGN: Pixelpants if you need a mentor for dungeons or whatnot

They flipped the Double Everything switch a few hours ago, fine time to hit 50.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Boring huh? Eh, since I can't roll on the Fresh servers (despite being a Founder and not playing in two loving years jesus christ) I'll stick to this server for a bit unless there's one with a good goon community. My teleporting boobelf archer on Aranzeb shall be neglected but eh I haven't done anything east so this'll be kinda fresh.

gently caress that Main Menu music though. :wtc:

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 27, 2017

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Blasphemaster posted:

gently caress that Main Menu music though. :wtc:

100,000 rng box purchases went towards making that main menu music!!

If you dont like it, and you dont like your neighbours, i think there is a for real $$$ purchase that you place on your land and it plays that song in game.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Meskhenet posted:

100,000 rng box purchases went towards making that main menu music!!

If you dont like it, and you dont like your neighbours, i think there is a for real $$$ purchase that you place on your land and it plays that song in game.

Holy poo poo Trion why? :suicide:

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
I'm about to install this dumb game. Is anyone still playing on Reckoning or Vengeance?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Aranzeb here

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Had about as much fun as I could on Reckoning and have moved on, sorry! I know there was a dude on East, but I think people might be so spread out it's not worth really focusing on where goons are when picking your server.

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 1, 2017

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I really tried to pick this back up. Nope. Need NEED NEED a bighuge active guild or it's a slogfest.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

what are you talking about?

3.5, a MAJOR update, is set to hit in less than a week and trion put (almost) a whole week of PTS to make sure they 'get things right' like they always do.

If you dont play the game you should still read their forums.

"No, no we wont be doing mergers again! Half a week later someone lets slip in the livestream that mergers are already on the table.
Next year , we swear... for 4.0 (along with the new fresh start servers)

We have had some 'events that are hard coded (so we cant change). that no one from trion actually read the notes for.
The when it was pointed out on the forums trion attempted to oneup xl and then boasted about the 3x coins. The day came and the hard coded event didnt. So trion had to scrap that idea and then just changed the values (that they swear they couldnt change before) for an extra week after the event was meant to end.

Im on vengence east (i had to actually boot the game up and take note of the server). Im not in any guild, well a guild of 1 as everyone left.

Apex is drying up pretty significantly. There are still a few people buying apex to sell, but my guess is a lot of the horders are now selling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i'm sure fresh start 4 will have none of the problems of fresh start 3, 2, or 1

• Locked thread