Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Lemon King posted:

\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect Andromeda\Save\ProfOpts_profile

Change all of the following to 4:
GstRender.EffectsQuality
GstRender.LightingQuality
GstRender.MeshQuality
GstRender.PostProcessQuality
GstRender.ShaderQuality
GstRender.ShadowsQuality
GstRender.TerrainQuality
GstRender.TessellationQuality
GstRender.TextureQuality
GstRender.UndergrowthQuality

Thanks a bunch. Also probably good to set zero @ *.MotionBlurEnabled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

There are so, so many things wrong with this game it's really something.

I also played for 12 hours straight today and am having an absolute blast, it's a solid mass effect game and that's all I've wanted.

One thing that I've noticed is that for me, after reading sci-fi for close to 25 years now, the logical issues with the game (and mass effect in general) are getting pretty glaring. Like someone else noticed, having alien races from a whole other galaxy pretty much use the exact same technology as you is ridiculous. The races in ME:A are also reaally uninspired, you could literally switch them with a group of humans and it wouldn't make a big difference. Emotions, motivations and actions are pretty much completely on the human scale, it's kinda lame. I've got more inter-cultural frictions going on with my spanish girlfriend than the races in ME have, exept for salarians and krogans generally disliking each other.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Son of Rodney posted:

I also played for 12 hours straight today and am having an absolute blast, it's a solid mass effect game and that's all I've wanted.

One thing that I've noticed is that for me, after reading sci-fi for close to 25 years now, the logical issues with the game (and mass effect in general) are getting pretty glaring. Like someone else noticed, having alien races from a whole other galaxy pretty much use the exact same technology as you is ridiculous. The races in ME:A are also reaally uninspired, you could literally switch them with a group of humans and it wouldn't make a big difference. Emotions, motivations and actions are pretty much completely on the human scale, it's kinda lame. I've got more inter-cultural frictions going on with my spanish girlfriend than the races in ME have, exept for salarians and krogans generally disliking each other.

Waiting for the mod that replaces all the Kett with geth.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

I am sorry if this has been answered, I tried scouring around the web but had no luck. Is there a fix for my sound completely turning off in multiplayer at times? It decides to poo poo the bed and doesn't come back until I relaunch the game. tia

BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

I'm butter side up, baby.

Taco Defender

Drifter posted:

Waiting for the mod that replaces all the Kett with geth with great big tits.

Also the Reapers with great big tits. And the thresher maws

You know it's going to happen

BattleSausage fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 24, 2017

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Son of Rodney posted:

yeah, andromada has the issue that DA I sorta had. eveyone gets along pretty well without much conflict or bigotry(outside sera). its nice thing but there is little "human" conflict. i have been listning to the prequel audio book(yay free audible points) and the nexus drama is actualy interesting enough because there are species relations and it starts to go to poo poo. instead we fight space rain frog dark spawn and random angaran dickheads and the forerunners.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I still can't decide if I want to buy into this game or not. Never even beat Mass Effect 3, I keep meaning to but then I get into the whole 'need to set up/download an appropriate save file' thing and stall out.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

You know when you get an itch on your rear end that you just have to scratch?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

I feel you there buddy. I managed to make 3 awesome looking characters in DA:I despite the odds but gently caress if I can do anything with this bag of poo poo customization. I just got seriously frustrated and ended up making a circus abomination.

When they nutted but you still suckin

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Holy poo poo are quests in this game super buggy. And doing a lot of poo poo in levels makes them load like rear end.

Did they take controls straight from ME3 to this? Because ho-boy is it kind of irritating to actually know how to fight in this game from Hardcore on. Also doesn't help that I never really know what to put levels in.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 24, 2017

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

so im trying to use the apex app and i can't get it to connect to my account. i get into the game and go to ea account email under settings->online and its saying my ea account email is something that is not my email, has never been my email, and is not the email associated with my XBL account

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
So fix the email on your EA account then ?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

ChocNitty posted:

So whats the consensus on this game? Is it good enough to spend the time playing it? Or should people pass on it?

It's a 7/10, depends on how much you value your time. I'd wait until the price drops. The gameplay is good but the writing is clunky at best and has some real lows. And the facial animations are weird like everyone has been talking about.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

GenericOverusedName posted:

So fix the email on your EA account then ?

are you retarded?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
try to log in type in forgot password type in id into the thing instead of the broken email into the thing ?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I started a mission on Eos that said I had 2 minutes to save a facility that was easily 2 minutes drive away, probably more, but when the counter ran out it didn't say I failed. It's still in my quest log, I wonder if I go back if I'll find a bunch of dead NPCs or if it's bugged. Quest is called Shock Therapy I think if anyone else had this happen

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Peebee always looks like she's mad dog mean muggin me

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

try to log in type in forgot password type in id into the thing instead of the broken email into the thing ?

no you dipshit, if you go into mass effect andromeda and go to the settings, there is an option there to "show ea online email" there is no option to change this

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

So I cheated myself infinite research and crafting supplies and played around with crafted weapons for kicks, and the weapons crafting system REALLY needs a balance pass or two:

- Beam weapons are loving garbage, they are very accurate but completely nerf the actual damage of the gun, to the point of uselessness. The Hurricane SMG goes from melting dudes to only vaguely annoying them with a Beam mod, it's absurd.

- Homing Plasma seems like a straight upgrade to conventional ammo, shots with it seem less accurate but considering they home in on enemies that isn't really a problem

- I'm not sure what the point of the Electrical mod is, does it actually change anything or is it just a cool visual? I didn't notice it doing any splash damage or anything.

- Vintage Heatsink is a cool mod and I really want a way to get more of them (I've only managed to craft the one, so far). Some guns that use it naturally are pretty ridiculous (Scattershot recharges instantly the MOMENT you stop firing it, it's crazy).

- The game really needs to have a standarized way to tell you if the gun you're about to craft is full-auto, semi-auto or whatever. Guns can have a listed Rate of Fire of like 600 but neglect to mention that you have to be able to pull the trigger twenty times a second to actually take advantage of that.

- Speaking of which, I really loving need a Full-Auto mod. Give me Full-Auto Scattershot or give me death!

- Remnant weapons seem way less good then their counterparts, they get cool gimmicks but just don't put out nearly enough raw damage. Contrast with Milky Way weapons which are boring af but goddamn deathsticks. The Piranha and Hurricane just tear through dudes like it ain't no thang.

- I wish there was a wider variety of weapon mods, Shotguns in particular only have like 3 that are even worth considering (more gun damage, more melee damage, more ammo). Rate-of-Fire boosters in particular would be great.

- The game REALLY needs a loving test chamber with some target dummies for weapon crafting, it's cumbersome af to save, craft a gun, take it out into the wild to test it then reload and do the same thing again just to see how a single augment affects the gun.

- As everyone ever has said, whoever designed the crafting interface and equipment changing system needs to be put on trial at the Hague.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
https://www.ea.com/login its a thing in your web browser of choice

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

https://www.ea.com/login its a thing in your web browser of choice

have you considered fellating a shotgun?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I am on hour 7 of this support call at work so yes actively am

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Lollerich posted:

So, I need to take down an architect(?) on Voeld. Unfortunately it's in a level 2 hazard zone so there is basically no chance of doing that. I've already started the terraformer and I have 100% Viability on that Planet. Since then I've been away doing other missions for maybe 8 hours and even found another arc. At which point do the hazard zones disappear? What triggers it?

There are heaters (and health and ammo boxes) spread around the area, in or on the buildings.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Pattonesque posted:

Interesting non-psychotic thread about the animation problems from a current Naughty Dog/former ME animator (will just put the first tweet here)

https://twitter.com/GameAnim/status/844961601732018176

How is this the #1 media messenger platform in the Western World, Twitter is loving unreadable garbage jesus.

I mean nice to see a guy talk about it but ugh twitter

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

this game isnt half as lovely as people make it out to be

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

It's an issue of what exactly you want out of the game. If the main thing you care about is the combat mechanics/multiplayer, then yeah the game is pretty solid and it seems bizarre that people are so critical of it. If the main thing you were hoping to get out of the game was a good, engaging story, then the game seems like a loving travesty and it's bizarre to see people defend it. The series has seen clear, progressive evolution in gameplay and equally clear regression in writing quality as it's gone on, so it's no wonder people have such wildly different takes on it.

VV Edit: Yeah, that's kind of what I was assuming was going to happen for the Architect fight on higher difficulties, I used up half of the ammo boxes in the massive arena on NORMAL, and even then I was a Vanguard at the time and dealing with his adds via Charge and Nova.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I don't think the game difficulties are particularly balanced. I am playing on Hardcore for example and doing the Architect fight and I have literally run out of bullets for all 4 guns. I have cleared out both fight areas of all extra ammo but because the boss itself has a jillion HP and spawns a bunch of bullet sponge buddies every minute or so I just can't do it. Like I die quick and that's fine and all its part of the reason I picked the difficulty but this seems a bit much.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Evil Canadian posted:

I don't think the game difficulties are particularly balanced. I am playing on Hardcore for example and doing the Architect fight and I have literally run out of bullets for all 4 guns. I have cleared out both fight areas of all extra ammo but because the boss itself has a jillion HP and spawns a bunch of bullet sponge buddies every minute or so I just can't do it. Like I die quick and that's fine and all its part of the reason I picked the difficulty but this seems a bit much.

This is the main reason I play most games on normal difficulty. Damage-sponge enemies are the most tedious poo poo.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Haha, the second outpost just materializes around you. After Eos I expected a little more than just suddenly materializing inside the newly built base.

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Evil Canadian posted:

That's why I'm saving hardcore for a second play through, once I have maxed powers/passives and good crafted weapons including no ammo guns. "Non-mission items" are part of what carries over, reportedly.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Walrus Pete posted:

This is the main reason I play most games on normal difficulty. Damage-sponge enemies are the most tedious poo poo.

Doing ME1 and 2 on Hardcore was actually kind of fun for me because even the worst enemies didn't take THAT many bullets and it was mainly an issue of avoiding damage at all costs. Oh, and all guns used Heat by default and you weren't limited by ammo back then :sigh:

Edit: Except for those Collector regenerating-barriers motherfuckers. I just remembered how much THOSE sucked.

Edit: VV You COULD build the Vintage Heatsink mod and make a gun out of it to take to the Architect fight, then at least that one wouldn't run out... or you could just drop the difficulty down to normal and save yourself the grief, which is what I did and I never went back.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 24, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Is there achievements for difficulty? I am seriously considering dropping down to normal for this fight. Very frustrating to be beat due to ammo and not actually by getting beat.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Blue Raider posted:

yeah, it's all as lovely as people make it out to be! dohohoho :stat: :wal:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Moola posted:

:same: gimme C-Sec Noir. Just Garrus being a badass busting cases and locking up bad dudes on the citadel
gimme whatever prey 2 was supposed to be before it was scrapped, but in the mass effect universe

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Does the Andromeda level up sound incorporate a less than a second segment of the Vigil theme? Or is that my imagination?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I've SLIGHTLY warmed up to the game since someone mentioned exploring Havarl for mineral catches and the planet itself reminds me way more of ME 1-3 areas and there's lots of treasure in nooks and crannies and the map feels hand crafted and is fun to explore. Eos, Voeld, and driving around in the Nomad made a really bad first impression on me

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Well age old rule of bitch about fights online lets you beat it. Although my real secret was I just ran back to an outpost to fully resupply since there's no rules about that in combat apparently :shrug:.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blue Raider posted:

yeah its exactly as lovely

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

Well age old rule of bitch about fights online lets you beat it. Although my real secret was I just ran back to an outpost to fully resupply since there's no rules about that in combat apparently :shrug:.

The difficulty is just hosed period. Making stuff take entire reserves of ammo to kill is a stupid way to accomplish it. I can get that from The Division and it won't cost me $60

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Playing more instead of being at work :toot:

Game still good now that I have a ship and squad and can go places. The first 2-3 hours though... ugh, that really was one of the worst openings of a video game I've played in recent memory.

I actually really like the slow animations moving between planets in a system. It makes that section of the game really meditative and chill. And the new Uncharted Worlds is good to listen to.

Still torn between Jaal and Vetra for my romance option >:T