Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

LethalGeek posted:

Which is why I filled some version of this thread countering that we're not missing jack not having voice chat with multiplayer, cause it's rarely useful and usually a drag.

no, party chat is very good and important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

parallelodad posted:

How does that work with so little communication? Do they post on Miiverse that someone sucks?

They post creepy art on tumblr.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

My wired connection is having issues. I just swapped my adapter over from the Wii U and now it's telling me that there's a connection, but I can't get into the eShop. I can post screenshots to twitter, but that's it.

Was it working before, or did you just try it out for the first time? I am using the same cheap lan adapter that I used on the WiiU and haven't had issues yet, luckily. Will see how things are when real multiplayer and online play is available.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This usually translates to this in game however

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 23, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Stay fresh~

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They grief in game. Granted this was when the game was only like 6 months old so maybe they reduced it but it was still pretty annoying.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Never not yell C'MON! at chargers until they move

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I don't know how one can grief in Splatoon. It was exceedingly kid friendly.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Splatoon is human friendly.

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
Has there been any indication just when Yooka Laylee will launch on switch? Or is sometime 2017 all they have said?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

PoPcornTG posted:

Has there been any indication just when Yooka Laylee will launch on switch? Or is sometime 2017 all they have said?

It won't be launching with the other platforms, and is slated as a 2017 release

I think a lot of 3rd party devs were waiting to see what was happening with the Switch before they started committing man hours to port to it.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I'm so torn on this 7.99 Nippon golf game from 21 years ago, should I get or nah?

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Infinitum posted:

It won't be launching with the other platforms, and is slated as a 2017 release

I think a lot of 3rd party devs were waiting to see what was happening with the Switch before they started committing man hours to port to it.

I wonder if the JonTron firing will be delaying it though?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

My only complaint about Zelda's weapon system is that you can't keep attacking after your weapon breaks to finish off an enemy by punching him in the face.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Macintosh HD posted:

They're just patching in someone else's gargling noises, it's probably roughly five seconds of audio one of them can knock out in an hour.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Macintosh HD posted:

Think it was mentioned it was post-launch poo poo.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-03-23-playtonic-removes-controversial-youtuber-jontron-from-yooka-laylee

quote:

JonTron is a talented video presenter who we were initially, two years ago, happy to include as a voice contributor in our game. However, in light of his recent personal viewpoints we have made the decision to remove JonTron's inclusion in the game via a forthcoming content update. We would like to make absolutely clear that we do not endorse or support JonTron's personal viewpoints and that, as an external fan contributor, he does not represent Playtonic in any capacity. Playtonic is a studio that celebrates diversity in all forms and strives to make games that everyone can enjoy. As such, we deeply regret any implied association that could make players feel anything but 100% comfortable in our game worlds, or distract from the incredible goodwill and love shown by our fans and Kickstarter backers

Spellman
May 31, 2011

: (

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'm so torn on this 7.99 Nippon golf game from 21 years ago, should I get or nah?

Unless you have a affinity to it I would say no. It's good but it's very much of its time.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Hahahaha another sad rear end gamer gets loving owned

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Anyone else having trouble with their Switch internet today? Specifically, mine won't connect to the eShop or any Nintendo thing and won't download anything, yet the Facebook and Twitter features work fine so I'm definitely connected to the internet. There doesn't look to be any scheduled maintenance.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Quick poll - After being excluded from being a part of a game that probably would have been a highlight of his life, will a white supremacist YouTuber:

A) rethink some of his convictions and make an effort at being a better person

B) get really pissed, double down on the racism, and blame everything on SJWs / the PC media

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

parallelodad posted:

Anyone else having trouble with their Switch internet today? Specifically, mine won't connect to the eShop or any Nintendo thing and won't download anything, yet the Facebook and Twitter features work fine so I'm definitely connected to the internet. There doesn't look to be any scheduled maintenance.

Yeah I've been having a tough time connecting to all the different region eShops for a little bit now.

Error code 2124 8006?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Drunk Tomato posted:

Quick poll - After being excluded from being a part of a game that probably would have been a highlight of his life, will a white supremacist YouTuber:

B) get really pissed, double down on the racism, and blame everything on SJWs / the PC media

The whole viewpoint comes from fear and a persecution complex. Of course he's going to triple down on that poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy poo poo, Zelda is actually good and I'm going to spend forever in this poo poo.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Drunk Tomato posted:

I don't think "fix jontron" was among their goals when they chose to scrub a loud and proud white supremacist from their game

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Holy poo poo, Zelda is actually good and I'm going to spend forever in this poo poo.

I've got over 60 hours in and the game is still surprising me. It's so good.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I just hit 60 hours, had a slump, then realized i had 2/3rds of the map to explore, I'm BACK in baby.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I'm probably 70-80 hours into Zelda and I've done all the critical path stuff, but I'm putting off finishing the story because there are still big swathes of the world that I haven't explored yet. I like that they chose density over raw scale when it comes to the open world. I set a goal knowing that I'm gonna follow a dozen tangents before I get to it and I love that. Literal Adventure Game

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Yes. It is the best arcade golf experience you will have.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

1 hour trial times is lame as heck re: Splatoon.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Just applied the amFilm screen protector. Normally feel like a brain surgeon missing one finger whenever I try to apply a protector to any expensive electronic, but this was super painless, easy, and the screen looks really good. Hopefully some shoe won't drop soon and it turns out that it will cause my switch to melt when docked or something

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Harlock posted:

Agreed. I'm not gonna bother, game is gonna own anyways.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Infinitum posted:

Here are the Aussie times

(First round is 5min from time of this post. Set your watches accordingly)

Here are the more US centric times

Those aren't too bad :D

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Drunk Tomato posted:

Idk I think he'll go for C) who gives two shits about contributing a handful of sound bytes to a kickstarter video game when he probably makes six figures easy just for doing YouTube poo poo on his own time.

Harlock posted:

Eh, that's just how they did it last time. It's actually kinda smart, since I'm pretty sure its main purpose is that of a server/network stress test, and piling people into hour-long gaps ensures they'll get the kind of load they want to analyze prior to launch.

enojy fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 24, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I called Nintendo to get my left-joycon repaired. Whoever got overnighted a coffin got lucky, I gotta provide a my own box.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I've never played Splatoon and I'm really excited to play tomorrow.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Haha that's awesome :frogout: you racist shitbag

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

I didn't even know he was associated with it. All's well that ends well.

I did email them to see if I could Switch my reward/preorder from Steam (just did the same for Bloodstained) but haven't gotten an answer.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mahoning posted:

I've never played Splatoon and I'm really excited to play tomorrow.

its good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

We just got the Tomorrow Corp games today and a gyro pointer is no replacement for IR. It's so drifty.
Good job the one I got at least (HRM) lets you do everything touchscreen.

• Locked thread