Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rinkles posted:

Ghost Reacon is on sale (-15%). That seems almost unprecedented for a game that just came out (especially outside a holiday season).

Every single new release is 20% off on Amazon prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I am enjoying Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

el oso posted:

I am enjoying Mass Effect: Andromeda.

....MODS?!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloodychill posted:

Hunt fish skin and bones at the frozen lake in the north east with a blast sling. You don't even need to go swimming. Raccoons are all over the far west portion of the map.

wish it would give a quest marker for animal parts the way it does for robot ones

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

wish it would give a quest marker for animal parts the way it does for robot ones

You can generate a quest for them, and it will do just that.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

Would be nice.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Snak posted:

You can from the crafting screen. Didn't seem to improve the drop rate for me at all.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I meant on PSN.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

nah it makes it your quest but doesn't lead you to an animal you still need to sit in the brush and scan for them

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Plus whether or not an animal drops the part you are looking for is like a 1/10 chance or way less in some cases. You really have to go out of your way for some of those capacity upgrades. Luckily they don't really matter at all since you can craft in the rotary wheel thing.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

veni veni veni posted:

It probably has some of the most inoffensive load times of any open world game.

Yeah, if you can't handle HZD load times, you shouldn't bother with any open world game.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I always just browse the forums while waiting for games to load 🙃

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

After getting used SSD load times on a PC, pretty much all console load times feel like they last forever

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Mgsv would be fun if I didn't have to gently caress around will these skull retards

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

vandalism posted:

I just bought a ps4 pro for Nioh and Bloodborne. I'm pc gaming master race, but poo poo looks decent so far. It's also nice playing on a 42" TV. We will see how things play out.

Those games will probably both be released for pc within a month, just for the universe to spite me.

Don't worry, both of those games are likely never coming to PC.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Andrast posted:

After getting used SSD load times on a PC, pretty much all console load times feel like they last forever

It evens out with suspend resume meaning most of the time I am playing instantly after hitting a button. Nier Automata may load faster on my PC but I get two extra load screens every session

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Goons do a terrible job of selling the concept of NieR:A

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

vandalism posted:

I just bought a ps4 pro for Nioh and Bloodborne. I'm pc gaming master race, but poo poo looks decent so far. It's also nice playing on a 42" TV. We will see how things play out.

Those games will probably both be released for pc within a month, just for the universe to spite me.

Really, the most 'missable' console this generation is a Xbox one. You'd probably want the PS4 for all of those great, quirky japanese exclusives like Yakuza Zero, but it has some solid franchises like Uncharted 4, or now soon to be Horizon Zero Dawn.

A wiiu is a good purchase but you'd basically use it for nintendo developed and published games only. And bayonetta 2/wonderful 101. Breath of the Wild is fantastic, and I think everyone needs to play it, but it's also a switch title as well.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It evens out with suspend resume meaning most of the time I am playing instantly after hitting a button. Nier Automata may load faster on my PC but I get two extra load screens every session

That's actually a pretty big deal isn't it? If you never play another game, you can do the entire game as one massive suspend/resume session. But if you only have time for 30ish minute sessions, that two extra load screens may cut into it every time.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Load times have been the big failure of this gen.

Suspend/resume is fantastic though.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Holy poo poo Dark Souls 3 frame rate on the Pro as of the new patch. There is no comparison with it running in boost mode. Still not as fast it is on my PC I think but it's still night and day compared to before.

Any word about doing this for Bloodborne?

Edit: please for the love of god do this to Bloodborne. It would be a different game.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Mar 24, 2017

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

MZ posted:

I did not know how much i would love the Suspend/Resume feature. But I do and i cannot imagine not having it anymore.

The big thing I like from last gen was wireless controllers. That simple thing was a huge improvement in my opinion.
Back in 06/07 I liked the ability to download demo's. and try games out on the spot.
The next thing I would like is the ability to assign a disk to your account so that you can play it without requiring the disc. The disc is useless unless you take it off from your account. and borrow it to someone else.
A system like that would be great IMO.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Sefal posted:

The next thing I would like is the ability to assign a disk to your account so that you can play it without requiring the disc. The disc is useless unless you take it off from your account. and borrow it to someone else.
A system like that would be great IMO.

They wanted to do this with Xbox One and the internet collectively lost its loving mind with rage for reasons I can't quite remember. I think it was people who live in third world countries/parts of the USA where they can't handle an always-on internet connection.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Imagined posted:

They wanted to do this with Xbox One and the internet collectively lost its loving mind with rage for reasons I can't quite remember. I think it was people who live in third world countries/parts of the USA where they can't handle an always-on internet connection.

Always-on was exactly what sunk it hard.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Imagined posted:

Yeah but without the always online drm. If you could assign the disk somehow to your account so that you could keep playing it offline on your primary ps4 and account even if you one day have no internet connection.
The bad part of the xbox one's drm was that you wouldn't be able to play if you had no internet connection, which would suck if you are in the process of moving house or moving between isp's

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Imagined posted:

Plus you know Military etc. The whole thing was dumb, you say it like people got irrationally angry. The US is big. The world is big. Not everyone is in an urban area with stable internet. Plus what if your internet is simply down?

I forgot the number but a lot of Xbox 360s never even connected to the internet. Plus some areas just simply won't ever have usable internet in any capacity. They hosed up and then got smug about it too. The console had a day one patch to get rid of that BS and plus the required Kinect lmao

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

Never gets old.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Mar 24, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Plus you know Military etc. The whole thing was dumb, you say it like people got irrationally angry. The US is big. The world is big. Not everyone is in an urban area with stable internet

I forgot the number but a lot of Xbox 360s never even connected to the internet. Plus some areas just simply won't ever have usable internet in any capacity. They hosed up and then got smug about it too. The console had a day one patch to get rid of that BS and plus the required Kinect lmao

Also:

Never gets old.

Hell, it would've hosed up students in college dorms with lovely shared college internet. Which was one of their major market demographics for the X360, so oops.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

one of the greatest videos in gaming history

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The difference in Dark Souls 3 is absolutely shocking. Every Pro patch so far has been fairly ho-hum in comparison. I feel like the Pro suddenly reached its potential.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
It doesn't actually matters if you have a good Internet connection, as one evening of servers being down or the ISP having technical troubles would render the always-online machine useless, and that's enough of a downside. Even sending a signal once every blue moon isn't a great solution, as you never know whet the Internet will be down.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Ok yeah, I was thinking more watcher and strider crap, and things like that. If you sell thunderjaw parts or whatever, you're a bad and deserve what's coming...even though you can buy that poo poo too.

Plus as far as I can tell the "buy back" list never depopulated and is shared across all merchants.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
It's weird that they couldn't figure out a compromise.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Szurumbur posted:

It doesn't actually matters if you have a good Internet connection, as one evening of servers being down or the ISP having technical troubles would render the always-online machine useless, and that's enough of a downside. Even sending a signal once every blue moon isn't a great solution, as you never know whet the Internet will be down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzmVcasl3ZU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Plus you know Military etc. The whole thing was dumb, you say it like people got irrationally angry. The US is big. The world is big. Not everyone is in an urban area with stable internet. Plus what if your internet is simply down?

Also:

Never gets old.

All of this, plus it was $100 more for a weaker console with Kinect shoehorned in for no reason. The only reason to get an Xbone now is if you really care about Halo, Forza, and Gears. I was interested in Scalebound, but that's been cancelled. They cancelled Fable 3, too, and I'm not sure what they are doing with Crackdown and Phantom Dust.

I suspect we'll be hearing soon about the Scorpio. It will certainly be more powerful than PS4Pro, but it still won't have many games of interest for me, and I bet it will still be more expensive than the Pro.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Morby posted:

All of this, plus it was $100 more for a weaker console with Kinect shoehorned in for no reason. The only reason to get an Xbone now is if you really care about Halo, Forza, and Gears. I was interested in Scalebound, but that's been cancelled. They cancelled Fable 3, too, and I'm not sure what they are doing with Crackdown and Phantom Dust.

I suspect we'll be hearing soon about the Scorpio. It will certainly be more powerful than PS4Pro, but it still won't have many games of interest for me, and I bet it will still be more expensive than the Pro.

I'm pretty sure Crackdown will need another monthly subscription for the 'cloud' rendering services. You can't play the game without it apparently. Will be awesome when they shut those servers down and you can't play the game a couple of years after release.

One thing to be said about the 'always connected' mentality: games tended to be better at release when devs could not just shove down a day 1 patch to fix everything wrong on the disc. I don't recall ever patching a PS2 game. And none of them needed cloud servers to run.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Morby posted:

"Soon" as in "E3 Expo". They wouldn't dare blow that little announcement early and leave themselves with nothing for their over-budgeted multi-hour presentation.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

I'm pretty sure Crackdown will need another monthly subscription for the 'cloud' rendering services. You can't play the game without it apparently. Will be awesome when they shut those servers down and you can't play the game a couple of years after release.

One thing to be said about the 'always connected' mentality: games tended to be better at release when devs could not just shove down a day 1 patch to fix everything wrong on the disc. I don't recall ever patching a PS2 game. And none of them needed cloud servers to run.

Yeah, but I also remember being a child and renting games for NES or even SNES that were just broken as poo poo. Like, yes, the day 1 patch being an expectation is terrible and devs should really finish their games before they release, but I am ok with it on the whole since I remember lots of wasted weekends and money.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

"Soon" as in "E3 Expo". They wouldn't dare blow that little announcement early and leave themselves with nothing for their over-budgeted multi-hour presentation.

They have teased that they might have a press conference or meeting before E3 to talk about some of this stuff. Whether they actually do is anyone's guess, but it wouldn't surprise me.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

MZ posted:

Maybe it's because I have an SSHD installed in my PS4 but I've never had much problem with the loading times. Bloodborne was one of the worse ones made even more worse by how you had to go warp to the hub before warping out but because of the SSHD I never had to wait more than 15 seconds. This is coming from someone who has done PC gaming with an SSD for over 7 years.

Now the PS3 and 360... playing GTA5 on the PS3 was an exercise in staring at loading bars. It was the reason I stopped playing. I moved almost exclusively to PC during that gen because of how much the loading times drove me crazy and how developers didn't account for it. I still remember how Halo 3 would take over a minute to load a multiplayer map, which it would do before giving players a chance to vote to play on a different map. So often two whole minute+ waits just for the map loading portion of playing a game, not accounting for waiting for matchmaking to set everything up.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 24, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Holy poo poo Dark Souls 3 frame rate on the Pro as of the new patch. There is no comparison with it running in boost mode. Still not as fast it is on my PC I think but it's still night and day compared to before.

Any word about doing this for Bloodborne?

Edit: please for the love of god do this to Bloodborne. It would be a different game.

I don't think there's a Pro patch but Beast Mode on Pro does help from what I remember.

Someone made a Dark Souls 3 pro patch video and it seems to hover around 45-60FPS instead of the cap of 30 with dips that the original PS4 can do. It's pretty stark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdD5d4L-zow

I'm pretty sure I want a Pro at this point, but I'm waiting for like RDR2 or Destiny 2 to have a bundle first.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Policenaut posted:

Someone made a Dark Souls 3 pro patch video and it seems to hover around 45-60FPS instead of the cap of 30 with dips that the original PS4 can do. It's pretty stark.

Man I'd rather have a steady 30 than that wildly inconsistent mess.

Also, and I hate to be That Guy, but Dark Souls 3 on PC has been able to run at a solid 60 (better than on the new PS4 Pro patch even) ever since it was released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Do they do this for digital codes, or just physical?