Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
:negative: Well I just pulled a rainbow crystal, guys. Queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
After 10 11 pulls. I walked away with Ace and Queen.
Well gently caress you too Gumi.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Kegslayer posted:

Over 40 summons and not a single one of the new units. It's amazing how good this game is at getting me not to spend money on it :allears:

Did you pull on the correct banner? Six pulls and a daily gave me two Ovelia, two Lawrence.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

PaybackJack posted:

No TG but Dark Fina is probably one of the better troll Rainbows I could have gotten. Also I've now pulled 4 Zidanes in the last 24 hours and only 1 was from the PC banner.
I pulled DFina today too. Can't really complain there.

Daily and 10 tickets also got me 3x Soliel and Lawrence, so I'm pretty set for orbs, at least.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Just added 25 slots if any more goons want an Orlandeu friend unit. 478,775,190

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'll join in the TGC parade.

Only took one 11 pull and Luka was a nice bonus. I greedily would have liked some more bonus units, but maybe I'll get some on the dailies as I won't run the event much until Monday because I now have TGC, CoD, Emperor, Minifilia, and Y'shotla to level

Nuebot posted:

SereneCrimson posted:

After 10 11 pulls. I walked away with Ace and Queen.
Well gently caress you too Gumi.

KDdidit posted:

A preemptive "I'm so sorry" for anyone who pulls a rainbow next banner only to have it turn into Queen or something.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

If there wasn't that super expensive dodge katana, and if I hadn't pulled Noctis in the PC banner, I'd be pretty salty right now. As it stands, I just have a bunch of Soleils to help me get that katana faster and make My Idiot Son Noctis into a dodge god.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
1/2 pull was Ovelia.
4 tickets in was Soleil.
9 tickets in to get my first Lawrence.
10th gave me my first Snow.
11th finally gave me a Miyuki, better late than never?

...some pulls later.

RAINBOW!! ...Olive?! :toot:
(up to 4 Soleils and 2 Leons too)

only 85 tickets and 17k lapis to go...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
AHAHA SECOND RAINBOW ON TICKET #35 TG CID GET THE gently caress IN.

I still have 71 tickets and 17k lapis. Time to save for Tidus.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Mar 24, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So, here's a question, what do you combo Orlandeau with that's not himself?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There's a lot of Orlandu magic going on in this thread.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
PSA for friends of Olive.

An Olive with 1100+ ATK and Diablos can solo ELT using True Shot. Use the other units in your party to build LB for her and her LB can finish the boss in 1 hit as well.

Enjoy.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Added 25 friend slots, get your TG Cid buddy here: 155,948,655

Cartoon Man posted:

Gonna go ahead and do my last budgeted 11 pull cause I have no patience. Thunder God waits for no one lol.

:hfive:

Nuebot posted:

I pulled Queen off-banner on the PC banner I went on to get Olive and Orlandu. I believe in you. :shobon:

e: Fenrir still has disgusting freak luck.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 24, 2017

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Welp, spent my first five tickets from the event because I'm a loving pull junkie - two more Lawrences (one too many :( ) , and two gold crystals: Both Sevens. I guess that's cool?
edit: Also my first ever Shadow! In case he's ever good for anything!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
You're a pussy if you ragequit before I do. I for one would have a great reason to quit if his banner ended with only the 1.2 million raid points Y'shtola for a rainbow. Played from beta, got nothing until troll rainbow VLC Fina, got nothing, then Noctis, got absolutely nothing on after that, missed out on Ling after dropping everything I had trying for her but got Yun who finally got himself made useful with the raid, got a troll Mercedes before the gachafix, failed to get the obscenely broken Olive the same I missed out on Ling, reached a million raid points of pulls drowning in Thancreds while only having a droplet of Minfilia, but several Saharan deserts full of materials, getting steamrolled by endless accounts lower than rank 50 in the Arena with multiples of all the broken presbutan units every day, and I only do ten arena orbs per day.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Hello yes I was told there is a drop rate bonus for this event? :buddy:

(e: I've fixed it so Cid is my buddy unit again)

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
A 10+1 pull and 10 tickets later and no TG Cid. Sad. Not sure if I will get enough lapis for another 10+1 pull by the end of the banner, but am going to try! Main problem with that is I'm going to spend most of my energy on the event.

Probably going to spend most of my energy this weekend on cactuar dunes though.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
A goon was mentioning it in Discord but how stupid would it be to abandon an account with an Excalibur, dual wield, Kaiser fist, and a Lightning and Olive to chain reroll until two Orlandeau?

It is probably a really dumb idea but it could be pretty funny to start out the gate with insanely strong dps. I've got lots of fancy poo poo though so it's just kinda pondering. I got all kinds of things, just about everything but the big 5* units sans the two I mentioned above

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Honestly, if you've got an Olive I don't see why you would. Eventually Agrias will be ALMOST as good, and Olive is a stupid good finisher. gently caress, I can't pull any chainers to save my life (not even loving Edgars or something) and Olive still one-shots basically everything below Elite event bosses.

But, I mean go nuts if you want?

edit: Holy poo poo, I miscounted my Lawrences, apparently I have 7 of them! Hopefully I get one Ovelia for that 15% mp staff before the banner ends, I'm certainly not missing any dailies with Orlandeaux Jones in the mix

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 24, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

It took me the halfpull and twenty tickets just to get Solei (and two Lawrences and three Ovelias). I don't think Orlandu's in my cards :negative:

On the plus side I did pull a rainbow on the FF14 event and got a Y'shtola to level up during Dunes Weekend. I got my first dual cast healer! :toot:

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016
So I'm out of cheap event tickets, and easy pulls for banner units in general. I'm going to buy Cactuars sooner or later anyway (lots of decent units to level up), should I just run the new and improved Cactuar Dunes for a little bit?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

ShinyDais posted:

So I'm out of cheap event tickets, and easy pulls for banner units in general. I'm going to buy Cactuars sooner or later anyway (lots of decent units to level up), should I just run the new and improved Cactuar Dunes for a little bit?

You can get up to 7 gigantaurs or whatever they call it from the highest level for 15 energy. One hell of a deal.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

3 Soleils, one unremarkable knight and an Orlando friend met some chocobos and, uh... :stare:

Edit: I bought as many tickets as I could and blew through them all chasing Orlandu. The last one was a rainbow! Second Noctis! Sure! Why not!

Mr. Swoon fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 24, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Servaetes posted:

A goon was mentioning it in Discord but how stupid would it be to abandon an account with an Excalibur, dual wield, Kaiser fist, and a Lightning and Olive to chain reroll until two Orlandeau?

It is probably a really dumb idea but it could be pretty funny to start out the gate with insanely strong dps. I've got lots of fancy poo poo though so it's just kinda pondering. I got all kinds of things, just about everything but the big 5* units sans the two I mentioned above

You probably have a lot of other helpful units that are at max level as well like Refia or Cecil so you'd be giving those up as well. If you could walk through ELT to get a Y'sholta with naked Orlandus then, yeah it could be worth it.

Orlandu needs an Excalibur so you'd need to roll another pair of Cecil to really outfit both of them.

If you have and Olive and another decent base 5, there's not a lot of good reason to chase Orlandu when there are better units coming and an Olive/Lightning team will last you. Take it from me, because those are my base 5s too.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Mr. Swoon posted:

3 Soleils, one unremarkable knight and an Orlando friend met some chocobos and, uh... :stare:

You can get an absurd amount if you have bonuses from event units and run into chocobos.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
40 pulls - obviously no TGC, but then no Soleil either wtf.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
47 pulls and now I'm out of lapis but who cares:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Got one slot available because some rank 77 German on the list kept using a naked gold 47 Elle for a week. Running a Beastkiller stacking 80% fireresist 6042HP Yun for the raid.

e: taken. I love you Dockworker!

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Mar 24, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Sadly a lot of the goons on my friends list I was leaning on for Ifrit have switched over to units who are not useful for doing ifrit, so I am no longer able to get quite as much rank xp to speed up energy refreshes

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

PaybackJack posted:

You probably have a lot of other helpful units that are at max level as well like Refia or Cecil so you'd be giving those up as well. If you could walk through ELT to get a Y'sholta with naked Orlandus then, yeah it could be worth it.

Orlandu needs an Excalibur so you'd need to roll another pair of Cecil to really outfit both of them.

If you have and Olive and another decent base 5, there's not a lot of good reason to chase Orlandu when there are better units coming and an Olive/Lightning team will last you. Take it from me, because those are my base 5s too.

Yeah, fair enough. I was kinda entertaining the idea but the grind to get the one Excalibur and dual wield was grueling enough. Plus yeah, I have Refia, a dual cast almost done, plus two Leon and a bunch of other poo poo since launch. I guess I'm just a little bitter because my first 5* is starting to get power creeped a lot.

Also as a fellow Lightning/Olive haver, a buddy was really pushing leveling up Seven. Apparently her debuff is way better than Crushing Blow, and you could hypothetically chain two Edgar into a gigantic nuke from Olive (assuming you have Sparky). You think that has merit, or despite the lower debuff Lightning is still better to take for the better generalist damage dealer?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
100 tickets used, no orlandu. I wish this game had a sparking system like Granblue.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
So after well over 100 summons, I decided to just take on the event. Bought some summon tickets from king mog.

Looks like luck was there, Orlandeau is now mine.
Now to hoard tickets and lapis for Rikku.

I have to head to work soon. But when I get home I'll buy some friend slots to add some people.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Khisanth Magus posted:

Sadly a lot of the goons on my friends list I was leaning on for Ifrit have switched over to units who are not useful for doing ifrit, so I am no longer able to get quite as much rank xp to speed up energy refreshes

I swapped to Noctis for ya, mine isn't great (590 atk w/ jeweled ring) but hopefully it'll get you some more Pro clears until the army of Thunder Goon Cids get geared and leveled up.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

Khisanth Magus posted:

Are you running PRO or ELT? Does a 736 Atk Gilgamesh (w/null para) help you get through?

I don't have Cid or even Soleil to provide as a bonus unit so I figure I might as well leave Ifrit-geared Greg out.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

ShinyDais posted:

Are you running PRO or ELT? Does a 736 Atk Gilgamesh (w/null para) help you get through?

I don't have Cid or even Soleil to provide as a bonus unit so I figure I might as well leave Ifrit-geared Greg out.

I'm doing PRO. My team isn't able to accomplish much of anything on their own in it, I try and paralyze with chizuru, and do some buffing/debuffing with my other units. I've been relying on 600+ noctises and 900+ olives(and a single 800+ Yun) to clear it. The problem with Greg is that he doesn't have the reliable paralyze that Noct has I don't think? My Noct isn't 6* to get fire flask himself yet, although that should happen later today. After which I will be able to do it much more reliably with a much larger subset of companions.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I removed a few grossly inactive friends, so if anyone needs a stat-immune Noctis for the raid hit me at 226,372,592

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Still taking in all goon requests, I'll boot inactives and Koreans to make room for you.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

Khisanth Magus posted:

I'm doing PRO. My team isn't able to accomplish much of anything on their own in it, I try and paralyze with chizuru, and do some buffing/debuffing with my other units. I've been relying on 600+ noctises and 900+ olives(and a single 800+ Yun) to clear it. The problem with Greg is that he doesn't have the reliable paralyze that Noct has I don't think? My Noct isn't 6* to get fire flask himself yet, although that should happen later today. After which I will be able to do it much more reliably with a much larger subset of companions.

Ahh, I've been able to blow through PRO myself so I hadn't really analyzed the key points for the event. I'll flip Greg's gear over to Noctis for the event then, it sounds like you don't really need him for very long but just in case you or somebody else finds him helpful.

I haven't played FF14, anybody know any good, short Noctis quotes I could goon-ify for my player message? Gotta preserve my (lame) brand.

ShinyDais fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 24, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Servaetes posted:

Yeah, fair enough. I was kinda entertaining the idea but the grind to get the one Excalibur and dual wield was grueling enough. Plus yeah, I have Refia, a dual cast almost done, plus two Leon and a bunch of other poo poo since launch. I guess I'm just a little bitter because my first 5* is starting to get power creeped a lot.

Also as a fellow Lightning/Olive haver, a buddy was really pushing leveling up Seven. Apparently her debuff is way better than Crushing Blow, and you could hypothetically chain two Edgar into a gigantic nuke from Olive (assuming you have Sparky). You think that has merit, or despite the lower debuff Lightning is still better to take for the better generalist damage dealer?

Lightning is a better unit than Seven by a country mile though and while 30% is a pretty significant increase to the debuff, I don't see that holding up during a long battle like Ifrit or Gilgamesh.

Edgar chainsaw meta is nifty but only if you can kill something on the first turn, because they'll be long dead on the second.

But if you're doing both those trying to max damage on the first turn, then 2 Edgars, Chaining into Olive + Friend Olive each of whom has been buffed by a pair of Minfilia's with Call to Arms seems the best way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

Make sure you've sent me a friend request, later tonight I'll have an elite-soloing Lightning up.

• Locked thread