Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Blue Train posted:

My problem has been that the shoulders are too narrow so while the arm length and shirt length are ok, I can't hold my arms out in front of me unless I wanna do a fat guy in a little coat impression

Just FYI, Asian shirts tend to be narrower on the shoulders/across the back the sleeves are tighter

Marks & Spencer sell 'Asian Cut' shirts which are tighter in the arms under the armpits and the sleeves are 2" shorter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Also Shirt Talk; a lot of the allover print shirts will use a 100% manmade plasticky nylon shirt that is not breathable in the slightest, and will sweat and stink you up in short order with even the least exertions. If you want to do more than post an instagram of LOL @ my new tee you may be disappointed

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The fat dude I work with wears those shirts and he says they're comfy :shrug:

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Maybe he likes stewing in his own juices.

I've got one of the shirts on deck. I'll defo post a trip report once it arrives. The size guide mapped pretty close to American sizes and I ordered a size up anyway, so we'll see how that goes in like three months.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

spog posted:

Marks & Spencer sell 'Asian Cut' shirts which are tighter in the arms under the armpits and the sleeves are 2" shorter.

most place around here just sell them as "muscle tees" because only people I see wearing them think they have muscles but rarely really do

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I'm probably going to buy too many watches that I know will break quickly during the sale that they remind me about on every page.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

mike12345 posted:

I'd put some baby-shaped ice cubes in my whisky, and pretend I'm mayor of Neo Tokyo contemplating a purge of panther moderns.

Panther moderns were in BAMA, scrub

I'm buying so much useless poo poo during the upcoming sale

Some of the stuff in my cart will be 90% off

Best way to blow $18

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Is the hair market collapsing or something, almost all the coupons i got from that game land thing were for hair stores

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Panther moderns were in BAMA, scrub

I'm buying so much useless poo poo during the upcoming sale

Best way to blow $18

When's the sale?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Like what?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Neurolimal posted:

Is the hair market collapsing or something, almost all the coupons i got from that game land thing were for hair stores

It's a bit impenetrable, but I think you win coupons for the store you selected when you entered game world. So if you just click a random store because you don't care, you'll get coupons for that random store, not a store you actually want.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

all the tracking for everything I bought is stuck at "Security Check Success" where is my aliexpress xmas :(

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's a bit impenetrable, but I think you win coupons for the store you selected when you entered game world. So if you just click a random store because you don't care, you'll get coupons for that random store, not a store you actually want.

Nah, its def. Hair stores, didnt play the game at any.

By the way for anyone confused, Select coupons are the ones you can use anywhere. Each store's bubble game has one $2 select coupon (usually at the back), its not a bad idea to try two extra attempts for them, since it's still a better coin exchange than the typical usage.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

I got a bad USB cable, sent a message to the seller.

quote:

Dear friend.
Sorry for any inconvenience. Please don't worry. We will offer you a reasonable solution. We are responsible and honest. Please trust us.
Questions about the products or use way: Please description the status when it be used, and send a video to us ( our e-mail: xxx@qq.com ). Write the order number.That we can more direct to check, then quickly resolve and reply to you. (If the reason due to the seller or transport, that led to the products is wrong or bad. We will resend the products for you again. )
We cherish each customer, and sincerely look forward to your reply.
Have a nice day.

So, I am going to video a USB cable not working and email it to them

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Do you feel sufficiently cherished though?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

ravenkult posted:

When's the sale?

4-5 days, I don't know what exact time & date it starts. It's the anniversary sale, a lotta sellers participate and some go nuts every year, but there's no obligation to participate, so not everything is on sale. There's also the site wide coupons stuff, like mentioned, and copied-from-Amazon specials where there's hourly sets of X of something for a super cheap price, limited quantity etc etc

You can tell if something will be on sale because it will have a "7th Sale" badge with a cheaper price (sometimes just a penny less) right under the price. If that's not there, it won't be on sale.

I got 90% from something marked $5.90 with "7th Sale $0.59" under it, but I apparently didn't put it in my cart.

I think these sale prices are app-only? Or some of them? Not sure. I usually browse on the computer for ease of finding cheapest thing with best shipping and then pay via the app for the savings.

I've done that a ton with multiple cards and had no trouble, BTW.

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
my 12 feet of soft white LED strip came today! It's waterproof. and it came with a power adapter!
it works! it was 11 dollars. If i had more money on this prepaid card i would have bought 16 feet, but what can ya do. 10/10 would buy again.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I am gonna order hundreds of pneumatic pilot valves and build a really slow expensive computer!

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I'm gonna order a million yards of washi tape, cat memo pads, pins, embossed velvet tarot deck bags, and other poo poo to sell to people on Mercari and Depop.

Some of the washi tape I will be keeping. Probably a cat memo or two. Who knows what else, I'm still looking.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

I'm gonna order a million yards of washi tape, cat memo pads, pins, embossed velvet tarot deck bags, and other poo poo to sell to people on Mercari and Depop.

Some of the washi tape I will be keeping. Probably a cat memo or two. Who knows what else, I'm still looking.

and so the cycle continues, heil capitalism

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
I ordered a couple things worth around seven dollara that havent come and get autoconfirmed as received tomorrow. I messaged the seller a few days ago with no reply. Do I open a dispute? They seem to be more for items that dont work like the USB cord mentioned here. Or do i just let this seven dollars go cause I got all my other cheap poo poo successfully lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ANUSTART posted:

I ordered a couple things worth around seven dollara that havent come and get autoconfirmed as received tomorrow. I messaged the seller a few days ago with no reply. Do I open a dispute? They seem to be more for items that dont work like the USB cord mentioned here. Or do i just let this seven dollars go cause I got all my other cheap poo poo successfully lol

If they haven't replied you should be able to extend buyer protection, which I think applies to items not yet received. If not then sure, open a dispute. Getting away from shady scam-dealers was half the point of them rebranding to AE.

If its the same vendor who sent you all the other stuff though I'd just extend BP and move on tho

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I got my first AliExpress (this time around) order! A cat coaster made out of silicon. Looks great, I haven't died yet. 10/10

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
Nah different seller, everyone else was good. I didnt see extend bp, that is exactly what I need. Thanks

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

ANUSTART posted:

Definitely open a dispute, it's not hard to get your money back if poo poo from aliexpress doesn't show.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...2735713187.html

May the God be with you.
Skull, flowers, feathers.

Who is this for? Some sort of pagan that has a god and also one or more goddesses?

I'm almost tempted to buy it and put it up just to confuse people. Maybe start objecting to things based on them being forbidden by my religion, and when people ask what religion I just point to the wall sticker.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 24, 2017

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Also if they still ask what religion you can respond "It's not my job to educate you."

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

On the other hand, going Orthodox instead could be AMAZING. They have these cross stich pictures crafts, except instead of thread you glue on rhinestones.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5D-...2616802783.html

I bet actually making one of those is tedious as gently caress though.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Facebook Aunt posted:

May the God be with you.

Who is this for? Some sort of pagan that has a god and also one or more goddesses?

I'm almost tempted to buy it and put it up just to confuse people. Maybe start objecting to things based on them being forbidden by my religion, and when people ask what religion I just point to the wall sticker.

this is some true detective poo poo. starter kit for your yellow king shrine.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Facebook Aunt posted:

May the God be with you.

that is primo stuff for the toilet door. every time people sit down to poo poo, they have to look at this weird god. thing.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
8:1 When he opened the seventh sale, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.

2 And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven neon-colored miniature trumpets were given to them.

3 Another angel, who had a golden tomagatchi knock off, came and stood at the altar. He was given many undersized t-shirts to offer, decorated with the prayers of all God’s people and random misspelled curse words, on the golden altar in front of the throne, which was adorned with low resolution images of codiene bottles.

4 As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: “Woe! Woe! Control Art Restriction 666 T-Shirt anime Hellsing 3d print summer t shirt women men tops tee fashion streetwear 2017!”

This is a great shirt to wear to Burning Man if you want to ruin everybody's day

twoday fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 24, 2017

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
a lovely plastic maneki neko figurine, girded round about with eyes glistening like sapphires.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Also Shirt Talk; a lot of the allover print shirts will use a 100% manmade plasticky nylon shirt that is not breathable in the slightest, and will sweat and stink you up in short order with even the least exertions. If you want to do more than post an instagram of LOL @ my new tee you may be disappointed

Got my tank top today and the feeling is like... imagine a fabric that's as close to wearing rubber as you can get while still being "fabric". Mine was also just a hair too tight so I kinda peeled it off me when I got done trying it on. I can't even imagine what it would be like if I wore it for a day, it'd probably glue itself to my body permanently.

Also my seller graciously sent me a pair of tiny person's ankle socks. They were small enough that the only use I'd get out of them would be a cock sock.

Cum Galleon
Oct 16, 2004

Your shipment has arrived.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Yeah, they're pure polyester. Any kind of physical movement results in sweat pouring from your body. I'll never be able to wear that Carlton banks t-shirt to work now.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BTW if you see any nifty environmentally friendly all natural soft bamboo fabric -- it is rayon. Rayon that uses bamboo instead of wood as the cellulose component. http://www.cbc.ca/news/bamboo-textiles-no-more-natural-than-rayon-1.938759

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3pcs-lot-Avatar-Floating-Real-Rocks-Aquarium-Water-Plant-fish-tank-aquatic-landscape-moss/32670721349.html
This 'real rock' looks cool. I'm setting up a 38 gallon aquarium again and thought some floating 'real rock' would look cool. The thing is they don't say what it is, except 'real rock'. Is it pumice? Kinda looks like pumice. Anyone know?

Though looking at the second picture it looks like it is just hanging from the anchor strings and not floating at all. Hmm, no, surely not. If you can't trust random aliexpress sellers, who can you trust?

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

i tried the chat bit and after a fun chat and a transfer to a supervisor they let me know that no it is not possible for someone to flag all the orders in a package at once but such a feature is coming soon. also they resolved the tax issue with WA state

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Facebook Aunt posted:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3pcs-lot-Avatar-Floating-Real-Rocks-Aquarium-Water-Plant-fish-tank-aquatic-landscape-moss/32670721349.html
This 'real rock' looks cool. I'm setting up a 38 gallon aquarium again and thought some floating 'real rock' would look cool. The thing is they don't say what it is, except 'real rock'. Is it pumice? Kinda looks like pumice. Anyone know?

Though looking at the second picture it looks like it is just hanging from the anchor strings and not floating at all. Hmm, no, surely not. If you can't trust random aliexpress sellers, who can you trust?

Concrete.

http://www.cement.org/concrete-basics/concrete-homes/building-systems-for-every-need/autoclaved-aerated-concrete

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

uhhhhhhhhh

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/253...2780971544.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

quote:

Product Show
They have faces...