Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

The GOP has completely self destructed barely three months after taking complete control of the government loooooooool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

"So we can blame the House for being little bitches rather than admitting we are idiots."

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
The most shocking revelation from that briefing was that Trump wasn't going to Florida

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

actually, honestly, lmao'd at this

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

TotalLossBrain posted:

This deserves getting reposted because holy poo poo lmao
Did the WH IT people leave their login pasted to the screen and Easy-D found it? Because that's the only way I can explain it.

Who on earth made this poll? Like I know Trump is cookoo bananas but this reads like something he would write

does he write his own fundraiser emails

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
I want Trump to furiously tweet out threats of recalls and primaries to all the Republicans who voted no, when this fails. Have a full blown GOP civil war up in this bitch.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Tumble posted:

I give credit where credit is due; Spicey owns.

tbh the white house press corps are poo poo at letting him get away with lies, half-truths & logical inconsistencies out of some convivial beltway environment i don't understand

spicy - *obvious lies*

WHPC - "lol"

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Madcosby posted:

Who on earth made this poll? Like I know Trump is cookoo bananas but this reads like something he would write

does he write his own fundraiser emails

There's like 3 other guys in his entire administration and he tells them everything he wants them to do.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Did they vote yet or not?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Archaic posted:

"You know the bill doesn't have the votes to pass, so why vote?"

Spicer: "I'm not gonna comment on our strategy"

:psyduck:

he really seems like he's over this poo poo lol

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
supposedly the vote is scheduled for 330PM, EST

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

proof of concept posted:

Did they vote yet or not?

spicey said around 3:30PM est.

I really hope trump watched spiceys conference and flips his fuckin lid that everyone was asking about the bill failing and his lovely answers lol.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

The house doesn't even want to vote lol

At least they're finally acting like most Americans

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Perhaps this implosion in the republican party is the blood that will feed the tree of liberty?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I like that we call him Spicey because it reminds me of the Dropkick Murphys (I have abhorrent musical taste, yes) song Spicy McHaggis so I get the mental image of our little manlet hitting on SSBBWs in dive bars and LOL.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

lol

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I have no mouth and I must lol

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

is that like a limp-dick thumbs up or what

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

That's a "he hits me cause he loves me" kind of thumbs up.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Donald trump being a democratic sleeper is a surprise twist, turning possible tragedy into lol

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
What I would give for a solo Trump press conference right about now.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Slate has a liveblog up on the AHCA vote counts, it doesn't look good:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/03/23/don_t_rule_out_trumpcare_s_chances_of_passing_just_yet.html

quote:

The current takeaway: Republicans have 237 seats in the House and need 215 votes to pass this bill, which means they can only afford 22 Republican "no" votes. The most recent running tallies list between 27 and 38 Republicans who have said they are "no" votes at this moment, meaning that if a vote were taken now the bill would not pass.

also, lol: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/03/22/upshot/health-care-vote-whip-count-comparison.html?mtrref=t.co&_r=0

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I'm preemptively lolling at Trump's meltdown when Obamacare is still law come Monday morning.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Um, actually this is extremely good. If they had all the votes they need, then that would also be extremely good.

Everything's coming up lols!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

The Archaic posted:

What I would give for a solo Trump press conference right about now.

I don't think he's every going to do an actual press conference again, unfortunately. His last one was so amazing (but obviously an unmitigated disaster in every way) that from now on it'll just be rallies, statements, and photo ops. Say what you will about Spicy but one thing nobody can deny is he does it better than Trump, although that bar is so low it's sunk into the earth.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Hope you guys didn't short lols cause they're going up up UP!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFGHq54Z8Eo

pretty good watch

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Cthulu Carl posted:

Um, actually this is extremely good. If they had all the votes they need, then that would also be extremely good.

Everything's coming up lols!

Yeah there's been nothing bad about any of this. I've been laughing at the histrionic "nothing matters" people and ones who think the world's about to end but Trump's entire presidency so far has essentially been a win for Democrats. He hasn't gotten a loving THING done, and it's amazing that his first two big policy pushes, the Muslim ban and healthcare, were unmitigated failures. He looks like the stupid and weak man he is and he's lost a lot of credibility, as have these morons in the house. I was saying it the whole time but the Republican strategy on healthcare only works in opposition to something. They literally have no idea how to craft something that works and the infighting and horrible optics it's caused are loving BEAUTIFUL!

:lol::lol::lol: the only bad thing is they'll probably avoid taking as much blame on healthcare as if they'd passed their bill. But I'll take people not dying any day and the GOP will continue to lose credibility because they are the GOP

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm in maximum LOLverdrive today

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I wish, I wish, I wish for a failed vote and then a glorious weekend of pissed off Twitter Trump.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Lmao the guy who is talking right now.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lol at work we were talking about the bill the Senate passes that lets ISPs sell your browsing data and our manager joined in then asked "That's awful! Trump will veto that, right?"

So thank you, President Trump, for letting me look someone who holds my livelihood in their hands dead in the eye and say "Are you loving stupid?"

Lol

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

turn off the TV posted:

Lmao the guy who is talking right now.

Dems are fired up ripping on Trump and republicans left and right

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
dude called AHCA as worthless as a Trump U degree lmao

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Cross posting for lols:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
When Obama was president, Congress voted to repeal Obamacare like 60+ times. Under Trump, they can't even do it once! Sad!

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

dude called AHCA as worthless as a Trump U degree lmao

Lmao

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"art of the ordeal" :iceburn:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

The US Senate today voted to eliminate broadband privacy rules that would have required ISPs to get consumers' explicit consent before selling or sharing Web browsing data and other private information with advertisers and other companies.

FCC Chairman Ajit Pai argues that consumers would be confused if there are different privacy rules for ISPs than for online companies like Google and Facebook. "American consumers should not have to be lawyers or engineers to figure out if their information is protected," Pai recently told Democratic lawmakers.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) argued today that the privacy rules "hurt job creators and stifle economic growth."

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

quote:

job creators

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

bag em and tag em posted:

I'm preemptively lolling at Trump's meltdown when Obamacare is still law come Monday morning.

this is when he claims he had nothing to with it and it was a stupid idea and nothing will actually happen. idiots can still shout obamacare and he needs that more than those same people thinking he's bad at anything