Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I have two severely disabled family members who are poor and are on medicaid and it's good that they get to stay on it for the time being. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/845382076681588739

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/845384443875463169

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/845385316768923649

nopants
May 29, 2004
when i drive this truck full of explosives into the dam it will be thee army corp of engineers fault that it blew up!

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
His tweets blaming the Freedom Caucus if this fails is still up on his twitter page. lol.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

get outta here lady

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/845386061949915142

hahahaha

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

octobernight posted:

Won't ACA just implode (explode???) though now that the IRS is not enforcing the mandate? You can now submit a tax form without showing you had health insurance, and the IRS has no teeth to go after you. Or will this only result in the federal government eating poo poo (I'm all for that) and the states will be fine.

trump told the irs not to do it, which doesnt actually remove their obligation under the law

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

you cannot perceive the nature of Trump the Masters strategy!!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So despite having literally no say in this healthcare bill passing, dems are gonna somehow get blamed for it anyway :lol:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

FactsAreUseless posted:

Clinton, after the election, remembers to care about people.

better late than never?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
bill mitchell is literally mentally ill

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/HireMeImFunny/status/845370646230188033

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Utz posted:

“I’ve been in this job eight years, and I’m wracking my brain to think of one thing our party has done that’s been something positive, that’s been something other than stopping something else from happening,” Representative Tom Rooney of Florida said in an interview. “We need to start having victories as a party. And if we can’t, then it’s hard to justify why we should be back here.”

i legit can't believe that this is actually happening

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

im getting an echo of nixion dealing with domestic policy

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

zen death robot posted:

Seriously if you post like you belong in the Suck Zone I'll probe you myself this isn't the thread for that poo poo

It was a quote from the stream everyone here was watching, but I see your point.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lmao at using football terms for politics

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

So despite having literally no say in this healthcare bill passing, dems are gonna somehow get blamed for it anyway :lol:

how did you get that from what's happening

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

More like Trump got loving stuffed on a super obvious run up the middle and fumbled the ball.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/845386061949915142

brain broke, so what

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010

Donkwich posted:

sometimes i pull it so hard, i rip the skin

our daddy taught us not to be ashamed of our bills

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

i believe it

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

lmebo the crowd size thing continues to be wonderful

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

zen death robot posted:

So what you're saying this will be the least effective first 100 days of any president that wasn't in a coma ever?

Well the failure of repeal may lead to states getting new impetus to expand Medicaid, so actually in a roundabout way he may accidentally help many Americand get covered!

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

fits my needs posted:

Lmao at using football terms for politics

he's not wrong

politics is now a team sport

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Gringostar posted:

he's not wrong

politics is now a team sport

except it's in the XFL

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Trump honestly believes Obamacare is going to implode somehow. It's not just a talking point.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

pronounced "ten billion dollars dollars"

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

FrensaGeran posted:

Robot or immigrant, friend?

immigrant, the company's big investor is betsy devos lol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Yinlock posted:

how did you get that from what's happening

Because :smugdon:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

It loving kills me that Ryan demonstrated more pull over Trump than anybody else in his inner circle.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Concerned Citizen posted:

Well the failure of repeal may lead to states getting new impetus to expand Medicaid, so actually in a roundabout way he may accidentally help many Americand get covered!

That would be amazing but I'm not holding my breath.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

bill mitchell has made about one hundred tweets in the last hour about what a beautiful genius chessmaster trump is lmao

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
freep

quote:

197 Leftist Republicans were willing to support this.

We get a list of the 40, and primary every one of the rest.

quote:

I’d like to see President Trump lead:

- Articulate why Obamacare in particular is bad.
- Articulate why excessive government involvement in general in our medical care is bad.
- Articulate why the constitutionally correct answer is for the states and especially for the people to make all the decisions that Obamacare tried to make at the federal level.

Then tell Ryan to call for another vote on a pure repeal.

quote:

Now they wont even be able to confirm a judge in GD Samoa. It’s all over. They’ll never get a Dem vote for anything. Ever. You think Taxes will pass now?

quote:

Republicans are the single most worthless, self destructive group I know.

quote:

Also say goodbye to GOP house majority. POTUS just said he will not come back to Healthcare anytime soon.

quote:

Ryan needs to be severely wounded and removed. He allowed crony capitalism to govern him.

quote:

We have been lied to once again. We were told that if we gave them the House, the Senate and the White House, it would be gone. We did so, based on the fact that they voted for repeal almost 50 times during the obunghole administration. Now, all of a sudden, it’s a problem? No, I don’t believe so. Moreover, I will no longer allow myself to be treated this way by these rotten, filthy, traitorous, ignorant wretches. I’m giving up on the ballot box. It doesn’t work anymore.

quote:

I Say Again the Federal Government HAS to be SLAYED! There is No Fixing it for the Beast is now in Total Control and it will not go away, thus it has to be removed!

Return to God, His Order and a Moral people or continue as Slaves to the Beast and Much Darker Days Ahead!

quote:

Repeal Obmacare. It’s a simple concept, and there are votes to do it.

quote:

You will never end Progressivism until The Federal Reserve is gone, and we have a currency backed by something politicians can not control.

quote:

Doing nothing and watching it burn the whole time pointing at the Democrats and saying, "See what those bastards did!" should be the Republican plan of action - not trying to fix the Democrats mistakes and thereby taking a share in blame for the coming disaster.

quote:

I think it’s time to mobilize the Tea Party again!

quote:

CANTORIZE YOUR WEASELS, AMERICA!

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

This is the biggest of all those and he's too stupid to see it. This was the one shot to take down Obamacare and now the whole legislative agenda for the year is at risk but...crowd sizes. I love it.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Yinlock posted:

lol you sure this is the tactic you wanna go for mitch

releasing the blandest possible statement reaffirming republican orthodoxy and supporting party leadership that will be instantly forgotten and steering well clear of the flaming wreckage?

yeah, probably

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Office Pig posted:

It loving kills me that Ryan demonstrated more pull over Trump than anybody else in his inner circle.

I still don't think that Trump knew what was in the bill.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

tacodaemon posted:

pronounced "ten billion dollars dollars"

Deleted the tweet, here it is again.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Clinton, after the election, remembers to care about people.

that said, she still failed her morning VK, so her handlers are sending her back to sensitivity training.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
https://twitter.com/justin_halpern/status/845386722741370881

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

crying irl

• Locked thread