Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm kind of jelly that you guys are all getting Orlandeu. Maybe if I complain about it...

NinjaDebugger posted:

My test is still running, but I'm gonna say it now. I rushed Kiyomori from the event shop and now have an Ifrit-soloing Lightning up. She is currently halfwayish through a solo of Elite. It will take a LONG time, but if you want to use her, do as much damage as you can, then make sure auto-limit is ON (her limit breaks defense) and hit auto, then check in on it every once in a while. It'll get you an elite clear, guaranteed.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja

NinjaDebugger posted:

My test is still running, but I'm gonna say it now. I rushed Kiyomori from the event shop and now have an Ifrit-soloing Lightning up. She is currently halfwayish through a solo of Elite. It will take a LONG time, but if you want to use her, do as much damage as you can, then make sure auto-limit is ON (her limit breaks defense) and hit auto, then check in on it every once in a while. It'll get you an elite clear, guaranteed.

I just finished using your Lightning to "solo" ELT Ifrit and it was awesome! I didn't really solo it, though; I went with one of my units and let them die so they can reap the sweet 30k exp. The total auto-attack time was a little over 1.5 hours. Totally worth letting my memu run in the background (my only worry was the app crashing) for those sweet 18k raid points. Thanks! AAA+++ would cheese again

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Just finished with Invici Lightning on ELT. Really excellent!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wife snagged the Thunder God in 35 tickets. Send her invites if you want more Orlandu magic.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
This Lightning thing is amusing. Ifrit is down about 1/3 of his life. I needed time to regain energy and orbs for stuff anyways.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I hope FFBE adds the multi-leader thing that Gumi put in Brave Frontier awhile back. It let you set three different units as leaders, sorta like the 2-3 leader thing in PAD. I'd love to see FFBE use PAD's BFF system though.

Khisanth Magus posted:

You can get up to 7 gigantaurs or whatever they call it from the highest level for 15 energy. One hell of a deal.

People who need a lot of EXP make sure you run dunes this weekend, FFT's 100 gigantaurs isn't going to be enough. I've got Orlandu to 100 (largely through burning several months worth of arena medal/ticket stockpiles) and Olive's level 56, but even after that is Y'shtola, and then Minfilia and maybe Queen #2 for more melee chaining madness.

PaybackJack posted:

Lightning is a better unit than Seven by a country mile though and while 30% is a pretty significant increase to the debuff, I don't see that holding up during a long battle like Ifrit or Gilgamesh.

Edgar chainsaw meta is nifty but only if you can kill something on the first turn, because they'll be long dead on the second.

But if you're doing both those trying to max damage on the first turn, then 2 Edgars, Chaining into Olive + Friend Olive each of whom has been buffed by a pair of Minfilia's with Call to Arms seems the best way to go.

You know who does the chainsaw meta better than Edgar while making GBS threads out damage and being durable as hell? Orlandu. :black101:

I can't wait to get my Olive leveled so that she can finish off of Holy Explosion chains. :hellyeah:

Tagichatn posted:

There sure is.

You lucky bastard. :aaa:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Is it possible to make Orlandeau immune to confusion? I'm getting rather annoyed at borrowed TG Cids getting confused by the boss in ELT and loving me over. This latest one was on a chocobo spawn run too.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Khisanth Magus posted:

Is it possible to make Orlandeau immune to confusion? I'm getting rather annoyed at borrowed TG Cids getting confused by the boss in ELT and loving me over. This latest one was on a chocobo spawn run too.

The Black Choker gives immunity to confusion. Earth Key: Ordol Port or buy one with star quartz from the fat chocobo in Kolts.

e: Minfilia has a buff that gives immunity to confusion too if you got her to 6* lv92 too :v:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

MrLonghair posted:

You're a pussy if you ragequit before I do. I for one would have a great reason to quit if his banner ended with only the 1.2 million raid points Y'shtola for a rainbow. Played from beta, got nothing until troll rainbow VLC Fina, got nothing, then Noctis, got absolutely nothing on after that, missed out on Ling after dropping everything I had trying for her but got Yun who finally got himself made useful with the raid, got a troll Mercedes before the gachafix, failed to get the obscenely broken Olive the same I missed out on Ling, reached a million raid points of pulls drowning in Thancreds while only having a droplet of Minfilia, but several Saharan deserts full of materials, getting steamrolled by endless accounts lower than rank 50 in the Arena with multiples of all the broken presbutan units every day, and I only do ten arena orbs per day.

At this point I'm fueled mostly by hate. Ifrit has steadily been leveling down since the maintenance now that everyone else is done with it so it looks like I might not even get Y'shtola.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

1 Daily pull of poo poo and 3 tickets pulled fresh off the event.

Got my TG Cid.

Apparently I'm getting lucky on banner Units for the Mog events. I got Queen in something like 3 pulls off the FFType0 banner

And now I have to figure out what the gently caress I want to finish TMRing up over the next month to finish beefing out Orrraandreeeau

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I cleared out some inactives. Got a lvl 100 TGC up and running, and he will only get stronger once I finish Leon's TM

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Welp. My friend list now seems to be full of Orlandeaus instead of Noctiss. Guess I won't be getting Y'shtola.

Also, I've pulled Ovelia and Cirque du Soliel. Either any good?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Kheldarn posted:

Welp. My friend list now seems to be full of Orlandeaus instead of Noctiss. Guess I won't be getting Y'shtola.

What do you have to work with? This is for PRO, and I haven't tested it yet, but I'd imagine if you can imperil ifrit and then something to help make sure orlandeau doesn't die first turn, 2 turns of his level 100 ability will probably kill ifrit.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

One possibility is to look to non-friends Noctis and Lings and... whoever else can inflict the paralyze on Ifrit. If you don't see any you can reroll your companion list by restarting the app or doing some trivial content like the earth shrine. It's not pretty but it might be the only way to push on to 1.2m thanks to this stupid event overlap.

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man
105 tickets over the course of several months saved up for this very moment. Pulled 1 rainbow out of those 105 tickets and it was Gilgamesh, a character I already owned. Welp, it was fun, but Orlandu was pretty much the only character I was looking forward to, so I'm gonna cut my losses here and move on. Ty for all the help goons.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Kronikle posted:

105 tickets over the course of several months saved up for this very moment. Pulled 1 rainbow out of those 105 tickets and it was Gilgamesh, a character I already owned. Welp, it was fun, but Orlandu was pretty much the only character I was looking forward to, so I'm gonna cut my losses here and move on. Ty for all the help goons.

Do what you gotta do, but if you're willing to throw away multiple Gilgameshes why not just reroll until you get a Cid?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

CyberLord XP posted:

Do what you gotta do, but if you're willing to throw away multiple Gilgameshes why not just reroll until you get a Cid?

Please, if you're gonna reroll, go all in and do it until you get two.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Having two Gilgameshes TriAttack is so good though. What a shame.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I think this says it all.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 25, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
When I was looking through my friend list for people to cut, there were quite a few from SA here that quit months ago and had either Lightning or Luneth. If you hit the lottery on the first 5* then quit a couple months later...well I get it but that's dumb.

Similarly, if you really want Orlandu that badly then just reroll.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 25, 2017

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I was doing some ticket pulls and then:

It's not Orlandu, but considering he is my second base 5 star since, well, ever, I'm not sad to see him.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Tried a second 10+1 and still no Orlandeau. A 2nd Lawrence and Solei, my first Leon, and a third chizuru.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

NinjaDebugger posted:

I rushed tickets, shame on me. I got nothing but disappointment, and now can't make Ifrit immune Lightning for a while unless I'm lucky with chocobos. But when I do! that'll be pretty hilarious chaining two lightnings and Ifrit will be all PLEASE STOP

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I've done too much poo poo in this game to do it over again for just one unit I didn't pull on the first day of this banner.

I really want that guy though.

On the other hand, power creep is real.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I grabbed a random 800+ atk Orlandu and took it in to Ifrit PRO and did 3.4m damage in a single turn :lol:

Then I took Fenrir's Orlandu in to ELT and killed it in 3 rounds by hitting it with shattering shot and then chaining HEs on it, with Fenrir being the sole survivor (shine TM dodges ftw) for round 3 but Ifrit was almost dead. Ended up being my first actual ELT clear.

Kheldarn posted:

Use the Noctis friends to carry you through PRO runs if you can't clear ELT (or do more than 1/3 its HP in ELT before dying). You've got time and it's not like players can't run Ifrit and FFT at the same time since Ifrit doesn't use stamina (thankfully).

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I've done too much poo poo in this game to do it over again for just one unit I didn't pull on the first day of this banner.

I really want that guy though.

On the other hand, power creep is real.

You can always hold out for Tidus, or Veritas, or Onion Knight. Orlandu's amazing but there are others who join him on top of the DPS mountain.

Two tri-attack chaining Gilgameshes is pretty nice too.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
50 tickets > 25 and 11000 lapis > 6785 = No Orlandeau

25 > 16 tickets

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
So if you have 2 Orlandeaus and cast DR on each _immediately_ after one another, you can consistently create monster 27x Element Chains. It's loving retarded damage and NOW I understand how he's so broken.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 25, 2017

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
^^ yaaa with another's goons Orlandu I'm having some fun

Long day at work

a lot of overtime lately

Whaled

Totally Whaled

but I got Orlandu

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Use the Noctis friends to carry you through PRO runs if you can't clear ELT (or do more than 1/3 its HP in ELT before dying). You've got time and it's not like players can't run Ifrit and FFT at the same time since Ifrit doesn't use stamina (thankfully).

I can't clear ELT, and Pro is only a sure thing if I have a Noct to bring along, or most Yuns. Also, a lot of people stopped doing Ifrit, so his level is plummeting.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

So if you have 2 Orlandeaus and cast DR on each _immediately_ after one another, you can consistently create monster 27x Element Chains. It's loving retarded damage and NOW I understand how he's so broken.

And it feels soooo satisfying with all the thud thud thud noises of the projectiles.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

dangerous.hotdog posted:

It's the best and I cannot wait to get my Olive leveled so she can drop her hits in mid-chain for ungodly amounts of damage. Thankfully Shattering Shot is picked up early in her 5* form so I already bring her for the 50% DEF debuff when I go Ifrit hunting. :getin:

Kheldarn posted:

I can't clear ELT, and Pro is only a sure thing if I have a Noct to bring along, or most Yuns. Also, a lot of people stopped doing Ifrit, so his level is plummeting.

Grab the high damage goon Noctis buddies (ideally with Ifrit for slayer passives), focus on chaining for the fire flask hits in the first round as well as chaining his Warp Breaks in the subsequent rounds. Refia/Cecil buff in the first round and if you can have someone toss out Imperil do that too because the elemental debuff will help. If you might not kill it in the 3rd round you can probably reaply paralyze by hitting with Fire Flask again and then go back to warp break.

His level's dropping but it's still pretty close at times and even though people are stopping it'll still be in the upper teens for the next few days at the least. It's going to get a little more annoying but still doable. Y'shtola's point requirement is kinda BS and IIRC it was lower for Japan. Global might still have a lot more players than Japan did though, IDK. :shrug:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 25, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Before my list filled with friend Orlandus, I was trying to chain mine with Olive friends and gently caress if the timing on her shots is weird to nail down. Was having better success chaining a pair of Noctii together with Orlandu on top.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

So I'm recording a video of a full runthrough. Are there any goons who can do some video editing to fast forward a bunch so it fits within the length of a good montage song, set it to that song, and get it up on youtube, so I can post it to reddit as "Lightning's Limit Break Training Camp"?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

AegisP posted:

Before my list filled with friend Orlandus, I was trying to chain mine with Olive friends and gently caress if the timing on her shots is weird to nail down. Was having better success chaining a pair of Noctii together with Orlandu on top.

For me: Noctis Warp Break is what I'll call a 1 count. Meaning if I click him to attack and count to 1 he'll hit when I say one. True Shot from Olive is a 5 count. So to chain Warp Break and True Shot, click Olive and count 1,2,3 click Noctis. I don't have the exact timing on landing Olive at the end yet but she'll end up somewhere in the middle of a Lightning Crushing Blow + Warp Break chain.

Olive's LB I'm not sure what the count is, but I look at her animation until she fires the gun then click everyone else and she'll land in the middle.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Wow, the interaction between Orlandeau and Olive is bananas. 2x DR chains creates so many crystals that Olive's LB is constantly up. Awesome combo.

Orlandeau with Minfilia's buff:

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 25, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
How should I prioritize the event stuff? Should I gather the awakening materials for getting my team to 6*, or should I aim for the weapons first?

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
NinjaD's Lightning vs ELT Ifrit is like some sort of hilarious screensaver.

Go little Lightning, go!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

NinjaDebugger posted:

So I'm recording a video of a full runthrough. Are there any goons who can do some video editing to fast forward a bunch so it fits within the length of a good montage song, set it to that song, and get it up on youtube, so I can post it to reddit as "Lightning's Limit Break Training Camp"?

Hate to self quote, but I have the video now. I just need to figure out how to do the editing it needs.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I drew a Y'shtola a couple days ago, I just need two more Hides of the Guardian. Wish they would pop out of the gacha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Khisanth Magus posted:

How should I prioritize the event stuff? Should I gather the awakening materials for getting my team to 6*, or should I aim for the weapons first?

The weapons can wait if you team isn't 6*, definitely prioritize those first along with the Cactuars for the leveling.

If you have an Orlandu then try and grab the greatsword if you don't have an excalibur already.

Make sure to grab stuff like the elixirs/phoenix downs/etc. and also the star quartz.

The tickets can wait too unless you're looking to spend them immediately.

The 30k moogle can be last.

• Locked thread