Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Lab is terrible, it was suppose to be a test of skill instead it's an exercise in patience/outleveling/having the right build. Trials suck. Uber trials suck more. Ascendancies are rad, which makes lab even worse because skipping them isn't a reasonable option.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Duck and Cover posted:

Lab is terrible, it was suppose to be a test of skill instead it's an exercise in patience/outleveling/having the right build. Trials suck. Uber trials suck more. Ascendancies are rad, which makes lab even worse because skipping them isn't a reasonable option.

Now here's something I can agree with.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Lab is dumb because my dude is level 90 and I have seen the exact same 3 uber trials 15 times and no others.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Traps are fine the only thing I think is dumb about lab is Izaro's ability to oneshot people at higher difficulties on their first merc/uber lab runs when they are still missing life and don't do that much damage.

Also finding Uber trials because I'm always over lvl 90 when I find them all.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Duck and Cover posted:

:goonsay:

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
I came back to the game this season after a couple years without playing. It's been fun/stressful discovering new content while playing hardcore. I had my first lab run yesterday and my rear end still hasn't fully unclenched.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah if i could change 1 thing about lab it would be to make finding the uber trials slightly less lovely. maybe make it so tier 1-6 each has 1 specific trial that can spawn in them so if you are missing one you at least can farm it somewhat reliably.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
It would be cool if clearing uber lab with 3+ keys rewarded you with an uber trial spawn in the reward room.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Lab is easily my least favourite part of of PoE. Uberlab is ridiculously risky for HC players unless you have a build that's tailor made to handle it, but you're forced into doing it because of how powerful it is.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Lab is dumb because my dude is level 90 and I have seen the exact same 3 uber trials 15 times and no others.

I think I was lvl93 when I finally managed to buy my last two trials this league. GG. I had a 3 day period where I literally only saw one specific trial.

TheRat fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 25, 2017

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
The only real issue I have with lab is the following: if you have a good build, you're gonna be good at at least something, and you can access the rewards of the rest by selling your own. Eg buying atziri gloves after mapping a lot, or buying gg rares after ganking shaper for the 20th time. With lab, you can't really do that. The reward for doing lab is something you can only get by actually running it successfully, and while you can get carried which makes it trivial, that still makes it a bit annoying if you prefer doing things yourself.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

guild chat + global 820 can solve that (unless you're SSF)

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
An auction house is a lot like obamacare. It's going to take a lot of convincing to get it in and it will be compromised a lot, but once it's in, nobody will want to live without it.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Freakazoid_ posted:

An auction house is a lot like obamacare.

considering New Zealand's public health system guarantees mostly free health care to all citizens and visitors, this is actually true, but not in the way you think

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm really happy with how this turned out.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
my lvl 49(?) tornadoshot / frenzy ranger r.i.p'd in one shot by brutus in cruel

what is a fun hc build to do, that i should do next, as a poor player

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
What's a build that can farm Guardians on a budget of 3ex, and doesn't involve totems? I already played HOWA last league

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 25, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I AM BRAWW posted:

Fun..no idea. Pizza sticks is cheap and easy and safe tho.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Fun..no idea. Pizza sticks is cheap and easy and safe tho.

Got a link to a build?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there some stats for best defense? Is it straight life? What if I could get 100k armor? would that do poo poo? I'm tired of dying and refuse to git gud.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

NPR Journalizard posted:

Got a link to a build?

Just go to the Templar forum on the official forums it should be easy to find. I'd link but I'm in mobile.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I don't like lab because for me the only interesting part of it is fighting izaro, and his three phases are seperated by running by a bunch of those dumb tar zombies and annoying map layouts

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
tar zombies even slow down juggernauts, they're a war crime

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Related gripe: it'd be cool if corpse destruction would cancel more on-death effects than porcupine spikes.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

ButtWolf posted:

Is there some stats for best defense? Is it straight life? What if I could get 100k armor? would that do poo poo? I'm tired of dying and refuse to git gud.

Armor damage reduction caps at 90%, so any armor after that is pointless. My l72 Iron Reflexes Duelist hits 90% with both Grace and Determination on (but Grace is better and I dumped Determination), well before 100K armor (I think Grace+Determination+Evasion Flask+Armor Flask got it up to around 75K armor, but damage reduction hit 90% well before that).

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

palecur posted:

Armor damage reduction caps at 90%, so any armor after that is pointless. My l72 Iron Reflexes Duelist hits 90% with both Grace and Determination on (but Grace is better and I dumped Determination), well before 100K armor (I think Grace+Determination+Evasion Flask+Armor Flask got it up to around 75K armor, but damage reduction hit 90% well before that).

armor damage reduction on the character sheet is a lie

the rule for 90% physical damage reduction is that you need 90 times the damage in raw armor. Therefore, if you get hit for 1000 damage, you need 90 000 armor to reduce it to 500. Essentially, physical damage penetrates armor if it's a bigger hit.

read more here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Armour

panda clue
May 23, 2014

whypick1 posted:

Related gripe: it'd be cool if corpse destruction would cancel more on-death effects than porcupine spikes.

It also at least prevents necrovigil.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I AM BRAWW posted:

get more life.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Oh well

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Mar 25, 2017

Equality
Feb 26, 2007
I have to chime in and agree that doing labs sucks and I lost my first two characters in ssfhc doing them. One to normal izaro one shotting me and the second one to an Argus with a ghost in it. Almost lost my third char to merciless izaro as well! I love the ascendencies but doing the trials then the labs is not fun at all. Thankfully my build doesn't benefit much from the Uber Lab Ascension because I'm way too scared to run it.

Equality
Feb 26, 2007
Quick question about mapping while I'm at it. I seem to be stalling at around tier 7 maps and the only 10 I've found so far is malformations. Is there some Atlas thing I've screwed up? I'm doing ssf so buying maps is out! Please advise!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Equality posted:

Quick question about mapping while I'm at it. I seem to be stalling at around tier 7 maps and the only 10 I've found so far is malformations. Is there some Atlas thing I've screwed up? I'm doing ssf so buying maps is out! Please advise!

Are you selling three of the same map for another one, usually a tier up? Remember to hit zana for new maps each day

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Equality posted:

Only Malformations means you either have poo poo luck, or you haven't completed any T9s other than Temple (and possibly Orchard). Other than that no, nothing you've complained about is an Atlas thing (presuming you do have unlocked on Atlas every map that has dropped to you thus far.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
I play hardcore leagues pretty much exclusively and uber izaro has killed more of my budding goblin clickers than any other thing except maybe atziri because I can't resist doing her way too early as soon as I find a set. I'm solidly on the side of liking the labyrinth. The layouts can be annoying but the izaro fights are tense and fun. Uber lab is a really good risk vs reward. It gives you something to work toward and strategize for.

I've done a ton of different builds and while I've definitely had characters that were more or less suited to the labyrinth, I've never had any where I thought they were outright incapable of winning those fights. That may be a HC thing though. Glass cannons aren't exactly a common sight.

edit: Also most builds don't need their last 2 ascendancy points that badly. The trees were designed with 6 points in mind. Level some more and improve your gear. If you really can't tackle uber izaro at like 80 with decent gear, you or your build may be bad at video games. Which is ok but please place the awful burden of this blame where it belongs.

YoungSexualNorton fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Mar 25, 2017

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Lab is ez, just plug in enfeeble or temp chains and win. Also your build is bad if you can't kill Izaro, and worse, if you die to traps lol

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I die to traps all the time bc my router decides to poo poo out at the worst times.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I sank all my money into gear for my new Frost Blades alt and it turns out i hate everything about Frost Blades

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Equality posted:

It kinda sucks in ssf, I don't think there's anything you're missing. I do make an effort to vendor up all maps if it'll give me new completions in white/yellows, and check Zana constantly for new stuff, but the ridiculous amount of chance orbs per map makes it kinda difficult in ssf too. Like I bought some for new completions from her, but at 4-6 orbs per I ran out pretty quickly and I'm not buying more from the loving vendor at a fuse each. You might also wanna put more effort into rolling your yellows etc to try and get better returns.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Soothing Vapors posted:

I sank all my money into gear for my new Frost Blades alt and it turns out i hate everything about Frost Blades

:rip:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Freakazoid_ posted:

An auction house is a lot like obamacare. It's going to take a lot of convincing to get it in and it will be compromised a lot, but once it's in, nobody will want to live without it.

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Freakazoid_ posted:

No.

• Locked thread