Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Baywatch was always super goofy, so the film is very true to the spirit of the show in that sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Baywatch was a really bad show and a movie about it gives full credence to the idea that Hollywood is totally out of ideas.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
The trailers for both Baywatch & CHiPS seem to suggest a studio going "21 Jump Street but _______"

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Samuel Clemens posted:

Baywatch was always super goofy, so the film is very true to the spirit of the show in that sense.

Hopefully they can get Hulk Hogan back for the movie.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Red Bones posted:

They're holding back the Hulkster for the Thunder in Paradise movie, brother.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hat Thoughts posted:

The trailers for both Baywatch & CHiPS seem to suggest a studio going "21 Jump Street but _______"

All three shows seems to be in the same wheelhouse to me anyway.

Red Bones posted:

His cameo will be beating up people who are gawking at his naked butt.

The Rock is an upgrade over him anyway.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Gonz posted:

They're holding back the Hulkster for the Thunder in Paradise movie, brother.

Bullshit. The man loves spending time on and near the beach!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xX4W6M4lzg
It's an ad for a Dutch insurance company.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I'd rather get the Hoff. His cameo in Spongebob was great.

Apparently Dax wrote and directed Chips as well, pretty impressive for him, but reviews say it's pretty much just dick and boob jokes for 90 mins.

Also read some reviews of the Goon sequel, it's written/directed by Jay Baruchel (the weird friend from #1) and they were not very kind. Too bad, I love the first one.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
The should make a movie out of Baywatch Nights instead

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Can we get a TJ Hooker starring Chris Pine?

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

FishBulb posted:

The should make a movie out of Baywatch Nights instead

This seems like the obvious direction to take a sequel if the first one does well.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

got any sevens posted:

Apparently Dax wrote and directed Chips as well, pretty impressive for him, but reviews say it's pretty much just dick and boob jokes for 90 mins.

Also read some reviews of the Goon sequel, it's written/directed by Jay Baruchel (the weird friend from #1) and they were not very kind. Too bad, I love the first one.

The Hoff is confirmed for the new movie. I think Pamela Anderson too.

Dax even included a scene involving Kristen Bell's boobs. She had to stop breastfeeding for a day so that her enlarged breasts would fill her swimsuit properly. Funny thing is she wanted to unzip her suit further but Dax did not want them to dominate the scene.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

got any sevens posted:

Don't forget homophobia!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

got any sevens posted:

Didn't he also write and/or direct the first one?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

The MSJ posted:

My first DBOX experience was Mad Max Fury Road. That was an excellent decision.

:same: I was physically exhausted after that. I also spent my Cineplex points on it so it was free!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Baron von Eevl posted:

Didn't he also write and/or direct the first one?

He wrote the first one.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
That's sad about the Goon sequel. I always thought SWS should have had a better career. There's an alternate universe where he's a massive star.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Enos Cabell posted:

He wrote the first one.

cowrote

e: Seann William Scott should follow the Patrick Wilson career path

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Robert Rodriguez looks like he's officially directing the Escape From New York remake, the deal makes it sound like they are confident in his Alita: Battle Angel plans as well.

quote:

Robert Rodriguez is getting the gig to direct Escape From New York, the remake of John Carpenter’s iconic 1981 film that’s set up at 20th Century Fox. The studio won a bidding battle for rights to the reboot in early 2015, with Andrew Rona and Alex Heineman’s The Picture Company set to produce. Neil Cross (Luther) is penning the script.

The original was released by Avco Embassy, and the rights were owned by Studiocanal. Carpenter will be an executive producer and have a big say in the tone of the project. Fox’s Mike Ireland, who brought in the movie, will oversee for the studio. The hope is to reinvent the property with an eye toward launching a Planet Of The Apes-like franchise.

The deal cements the relationship with Rodriguez and Fox; the director just helmed the studio’s Alita: Battle Angel, the film based on Yukito Kishiro’s manga graphic novels that was written by James Cameron and Laeta Kalogridis. Set in a 26th century dystopian future, the film follows the story of an amnesiac cyborg who, after being rescued from a scrap heap by a doctor, becomes a bounty hunter tracking down criminals. Rosa Salazar and Christoph Waltz star in the pic which has a July 20, 2018 release date mapped out.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/robert-rodriguez-escape-from-new-york-director-1202051424/

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
LIFE does an exceedingly good job of justifying my hatred for Baby Groot.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Robert Rodriguez looks like he's officially directing the Escape From New York remake, the deal makes it sound like they are confident in his Alita: Battle Angel plans as well.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/robert-rodriguez-escape-from-new-york-director-1202051424/

Yeah until Battle Angel bombs and they kick him off of it.

Christoph Walz and Michelle Rodriguez in the same movie is pretty hilarious, though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Hat Thoughts posted:

"lovely"

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

So is Christoph Waltz playing another doctor who turns someone into a bounty hunter? Because that is weirdly specific typecasting.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

So is Christoph Waltz playing another doctor who turns someone into a bounty hunter? Because that is weirdly specific typecasting.

Yep, but he's more like Giles from Buffy than Schultz

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

GonSmithe posted:

Christoph Walz and Michelle Rodriguez in the same movie is pretty hilarious, though.

Reserve judgement until we get the first teaser please. :smith: :sigh: I'm not looking forward to it though. My expectations are so, so low.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tars Tarkas posted:

Robert Rodriguez looks like he's officially directing the Escape From New York remake
Who Greenlighted 2017: Hooray, just what I always wanted: another loving remake

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Carpenter's producing, hopefully he'll do the score too. I loved both his "Lost Themes" albums.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

GonSmithe posted:

It's strange to think now, but Michelle Rodriguez was once one of those 'one to keep an eye on' type actresses. After 'Girlfight' she seemed set to be going places, before she signed on for a bunch of dopey blockbusters, horror movies, and whatever the gently caress 'The Assignment' is.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Snowman_McK posted:

It's strange to think now, but Michelle Rodriguez was once one of those 'one to keep an eye on' type actresses. After 'Girlfight' she seemed set to be going places, before she signed on for a bunch of dopey blockbusters, horror movies, and whatever the gently caress 'The Assignment' is.

Does she have range?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Does she have range?

Who knows? It's either that she's never offered anything other than 'tough chica' roles or never accepts anything else. Either way, she's played 'Michelle "Tough Chica" Rodriguez' for nearly two decades at this point. She's really good at it.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
There was a point early on in Season 2 of LOST where people were theorizing Michelle Rodriguez was playing a character off her usual role and then the very first flashback of her character revealed that she was a hardass female cop arguing with her hardass female cop mother, and I actually remember laughing at how she was basically never going to play anything different.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Anonymous Zebra posted:

There was a point early on in Season 2 of LOST where people were theorizing Michelle Rodriguez was playing a character off her usual role and then the very first flashback of her character revealed that she was a hardass female cop arguing with her hardass female cop mother, and I actually remember laughing at how she was basically never going to play anything different.

She doesn't really want to play anything else:

Michelle Rodriguez posted:

I was typecast the minute I did a film called Girlfight years ago [...] you allow yourself to be typecast. If I decided I didn't want to be typecast tomorrow, I'd just go do an indie film where I play some poor girl who goes through some excruciating experience and win myself an award for crying or being raped or playing someone with mental illness. But at the end of the day, I'm not in it for the acting. If I were in it for the acting then I would be worried about people not giving me the opportunity to express my vast array of emotions on the screen.
I only wanna be someone I respect or someone that I consider interesting or fun. I'm here to entertain people and make a statement about female empowerment and strength, and that's what I've done for the last 10 years [...] I pigeonholed myself and I put myself in that box by saying no to everything else that came on my plate [...] saying no to this, no to that [...] and eventually I just got left with the strong chick that's always being killed, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Honestly I don't see what the big deal is, plenty of male actors (like Jason Statham) also only plays hardasses and no one really bring that up as much.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Still waiting for my Sean Bean/Michelle Rodriguez movie where they just hang out waiting to die.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Grendels Dad posted:

Still waiting for my Sean Bean/Michelle Rodriguez movie where they just hang out waiting to die.

Or put both of them in a zombie siege/Assault on Precinct 13 style movie with a bunch of other actors but subvert it by making them the only ones who live.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

She died twice in the first resident evil movie, and then died twice again in a much later sequel. She's really committed to getting killed

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Alhazred posted:

She doesn't really want to play anything else:

Honestly I don't see what the big deal is, plenty of male actors (like Jason Statham) also only plays hardasses and no one really bring that up as much.

Doesn't explain InAPPropriate Comedy.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

marshmallow creep posted:

Or put both of them in a zombie siege/Assault on Precinct 13 style movie with a bunch of other actors but subvert it by making them the only ones who live.

Directed by Gary Oldman.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

K. Waste posted:

Doesn't explain InAPPropriate Comedy.

But then again, not even a pact with the devil could explain that movie.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

marshmallow creep posted:

The These People Die A Lot cinematic universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

The These People Die A Lot cinematic universe.

The only movies known to spontaneously combust when you watch them.

• Locked thread