Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

:kimchi:!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Its basically worthless. Stick to tri-boomerangs for your projectile weapon needs.

If weapon crafting existed I would fill my inventory with nothing but boomerangs (and one boulder breaker).

That's what your master sword is for.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Wrong thread.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

:love:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Thanks for the new phone message tone.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Is it only the giant horse that gives the whole "i'm going to murder you" look when you catch it? Because holy gently caress when i first saw that. :stare:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's been said a few times but hard to find, where are the best places to farm Naydra and Dinra horns?

I've completed all the main quests except for defeating Ganon, and before I do I want to fully upgrade the hero's tunic.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I got a Sword from the 8 bit Link amiibo
You bet your rear end it's on display in my house, between WW Link's Boomerang and uh, Urbosa's scimitar because I haven't gotten any other worthwhile weapon

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Do you have the "Yip Yip" bit they do at the end? I find it much more :3:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The game takes place in 2017. LBW took place in 2013. This isn't calculus people.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

parallelodad posted:

It's been said a few times but hard to find, where are the best places to farm Naydra and Dinra horns?

I've completed all the main quests except for defeating Ganon, and before I do I want to fully upgrade the hero's tunic.

I'm sure some wiki has a better spots. But my own happenstance discovered good spots for that are more a problem of remembering the NAME of the area without looking right at the map, when it comes to Din.

As for the lightning dragon? They are the easiest one! Just hang out on the big wooden bridge right next to the stable at the jungle area Just wait for them to fly by it and there yah go.

Currently double checking the name of my favorite canyon stretch for Din. Though if you ever find yourself needing more Ice dragon shards. Just hang out at just west of their shrine Lanryu's road. They do a low dive through that area a lot

EDIT: I will for all eternity mix up the names of the Ice and Lightning Dragons :downs: But at least I listed the right spots for the respective elements.

As for Din hunting, whatever the name is I hung around the Big Canyon that separates the North West chunk of the map from the rest of the world. My favorite spot was on the More Northwestern side of it, with a Talos spawn on the opposite side of the gap.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 25, 2017

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Oh my god the hand gestures of the four monks on the Great Plateau are: a triangle above the sternum, a triangle above the left abdomen, a triangle above the right abdomen, and an upside-down triangle in the middle.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

AlphaKeny1 posted:

That's what your master sword is for.

Yeah, the deku tree said something like "don't use it to break pots!", but it's a weak sword that technically never breaks, what the hell else would I use it for?

The answer to that question is "use it to feel like a badass while you hack apart guardians leg by leg

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
I remember learning a few years back about certain little details in OoT that blew my loving mind: how killing one redead in future Hyrule square will cause the others to come by and mourn it if you wait around long enough, or how certain masks would prevent you from aggroing certain enemies, or how killing a ton of keese in Lon Lon ranch would cause a big keese to show up.
Like, I thought I had seen everything the game had to offer, but there was still more.
Makes me wonder how many little things like this there are in BoTW.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Jellymouth posted:

I remember learning a few years back about certain little details in OoT that blew my loving mind: how killing one redead in future Hyrule square will cause the others to come by and mourn it if you wait around long enough, or how certain masks would prevent you from aggroing certain enemies, or how killing a ton of keese in Lon Lon ranch would cause a big keese to show up.
Like, I thought I had seen everything the game had to offer, but there was still more.

As far as I know nobody knows what the classified envelope is for and that's something that's literally handed to you.

I remember the OoT era "you can get to the sacred realm by climbing behind the deku tree with the right items as an adult/child" kind of rumors, and I kind of like that those manage to still be a thing.

It was kind of sad when Binding of Isaac Rebirth came out and there were similar "hidden" things to unlock The Lost, but someone just decompiled the binary and had the entire convoluted process written up half a day after someone first noticed there was a puzzle to solve.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

One of my favorite moments was after having finished all of Kass's shrine quests, he'll play a song for you, which transitions into the classic legend of zelda theme.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Argue posted:

Oh my god the hand gestures of the four monks on the Great Plateau are: a triangle above the sternum, a triangle above the left abdomen, a triangle above the right abdomen, and an upside-down triangle in the middle.

I noticed that the first time through and have since paid attention to all the monks I've come across. There are surprisingly many variations (I wonder if anyone has cataloged them all yet) but the ones on the Plateau are easily the coolest :3:

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

The only other two I've noticed so far are the twins mirroring the other's pose. I did notice that they're all dressed differently too. Some have hats or blindfolds or other things. I think some are male and some are female, but it's a little hard to tell on that end.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As good as this game is for the most part it can really be mentally exhausting and a bit tedious at times. At certain times it kind of feels like actual work and I just burn out and have to quit when I think about the laundry list of crap I need to do.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Jellymouth posted:

You have to use a Game Shark to run into it but there's an Arwing enemy hidden in the game's code.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Arwing was used to internally test Z targeting, so there's no reason for you to ever see it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Space T Rex posted:

That is so dumb. Not being able to register them just seems like a deliberate attempt to ruin fun. Why would someone make that decision??
Besides being creeped out, there's the whole issue of sunlight...

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is there an android app that lets a phone with NFC act as an amiibo, or do you have to buy loose tags?
There was like one guy who figured out how to make an emulator on phone once, but from what I gathered he had to gently caress with the phone at the ROM level and he is not sharing

Internet Kraken posted:

I'll be honest I'm not entirely sure what the title has to do with the actual game itself :v:
Near dead Link gets his breath back both literally and figuratively... uh while in the wild? Hmm needs work

spit on my clit posted:

I thought the laser piece was a set object like a windmill
Yeah, it is tiny and looks like it ought to be glued to the ground

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is there an android app that lets a phone with NFC act as an amiibo, or do you have to buy loose tags?
Just buy the action replay for amiibo. It's stupid easy and costs 15 bucks from Gamestop. Way way way easier than the kind of hacking you apparently have to do to get your phone's NFC to work properly.

Hey so, I've got 110 hours poured into this game and I was stupid sad about one particular thing missing. Where's my goddamn song of storms?

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

I'll be honest I'm not entirely sure what the title has to do with the actual game itself :v:

I imagine it's like Link to the Past, whose title is basically completely unrelated other than its position in relation to the other two games.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I feel like I've gotten nowhere but I'm still dead set on getting all these loving seeds
https://twitter.com/DizzSA1/status/845559958020108288

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I've never been more deflated than figuring out how to work the boko elevators next to Gerudo Tower and then finding out they count as hurt boxes in motion and you can't ride em.

Also how the heck are you intended to do the shrine with the balls on escalators? I ended up just throwing bombs near enough to knock it into the hole. That felt way too finicky to be the intended way.

kater fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Mar 25, 2017

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dizz posted:

I feel like I've gotten nowhere but I'm still dead set on getting all these loving seeds
https://twitter.com/DizzSA1/status/845559958020108288

Fight that urge my friend, that way lies madness

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

kater posted:

I've never been more deflated than figuring out how to work the boko elevators next to Gerudo Tower and then finding out they count as hurt boxes in motion and you can't ride em.

Also how the heck are you intended to do the shrine with the balls on escalators? I ended up just throwing bombs near enough to knock it into the hole. That felt way too finicky to be the intended way.

If it's the shrine I'm thinking of you stasis the balls and shoot them with your bow.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

If it's the shrine I'm thinking of you stasis the balls and shoot them with your bow.

If it's the conveyor-belt one with balls and scouts I didn't even bother with stasis.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

El Burbo posted:

So am I supposed to do something else now? I did the sequence with the rocks and it turned blue but the shrine ain't showing up

So this is from a while back, but you're supposed to stand on the platform so it turns blue, then play the song with a leaf while standing there.

Anyway, does anybody else wish there were more things to find than just seeds? Or at the very least, that seeds had more than one purpose. There's literally hundreds of really neat environmental puzzles out there, but they all give you seeds which can only be used to upgrade inventory slots.

How cool would it be if you could use all those seeds as another way to upgrade armour? Or how about if you could use them to get another permanent weapon, like how the Master Sword takes up it's own inventory slot, you'd just have a Boomerang that would break for a bit but be good as new after a day or so?

I feel like there's a missed opportunity there.

EDIT: Mostly I'm just kinda annoyed that I climbed up Hyrule Castle and found three Koroks right above Ganon's head, and all I got was some lousy seeds

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Yeah, it's a disappointment to go to an interesting-looking island or spot on the map only to find that the only thing there is a korok or two. My suggestions for improving this:
1. Increase the variety of korok puzzles
2. Ease up on the korok seed rewards--maybe have just 450 seeds, and for the rest, have the koroks bestow you something like a piece of heart, or a skeleton key for one of many locked doors in the world, etc.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The korok "puzzles" are literally the most UbiSoft thing about this game, and unsurprisingly the worst part of the game. I've enjoyed pretty much everything else about the game outside of weapon durability, but I got used to durability as part of the overall flow of the game. I'll never again go out of my way to pick up another isolated rock on top of a hill to find yet another stupid korok. I'm at the point in my game where I feel like I am carrying around enough weapons and shields and bows.

It's not even that they are lazy, because it obviously took a LOT of work to put 900 of the little bastards in the game, and provide all the environmental hints that shout "hey, they're somewhere around here!" They're just a let down to run into, as opposed to uncovering some of the shrines that are particularly well hidden.

I'd have been happy with the koroks simply being completely removed from the game, and in their place adding more shrines/dungeons/locations of interest that don't involve me lifting another metal boulder with my iphone magnet, then dropping it into a convenient hole in the ground/tree stump so I can hear YAHAHA! again.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like that there's 900 because it makes it so you can collect as many as you feel like or randomly run into and grow your inventory at a pace that seems to fit with the rest of game progression as well. I have about 89 shrines and 94 koroks or so, feels about right.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
If there were only as many koroks as you need to max out your inventory, people would be pissed because their coverage on the map wouldn't be as dense and, as a result, they'd much more annoying to find. So instead they absolutely overpopulated the world with the little dudes to make growing your slots easier, but we can't be happy about that either I guess??

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Korok Seeds would probably be more exciting to find if they weren't tied to something boring like weapon slots. Maybe cosmetic stuff so your Gerudo Vai outfit can really pop.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I finally beat the game last night, and my question is about the ending.

All Zelda did was say "do you really remember me?" or something like that. The ending was like 9 seconds long if you don't include the credits. What the hell? The SNES Zelda had the best ending ever. This seemed way too unsatisfying. Did I get a "bad ending" or something? I absolutely loved the game....this is the first game made after like 2007 that I beat so maybe my expectations of good, eventful endings are in the past or something but this just seemed like a huge letdown. Did I miss something?

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, all the memories.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

What they should do is make 441 korok seeds count towards 100%, with 900 counting towards 150% or something. Make the shrine rewards some kind of unique good that's required to get your armor to level-*, and have different koroks dole out seeds, spirit orbs, or other unique crafting goods.

Koroks were fun the first bunch of times, when you didn't know what that curious ring of stones or formation of blocks was, but once you know, it's less enchanting and eventually you're thinking "great, another rock to search for". Add a few more types of puzzles, and make slightly more unique puzzles for the ones that grant you unique items. They don't even have to be hard or anything, just different--for instance, there's one island whose puzzle is to visit the plants in a certain order, and it's super easy, but I haven't seen another other puzzle like it anywhere else. Of course even that one just yields another loving seed.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Math semantics would do nothing to stop gamer OCD dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I finally beat the game last night, and my question is about the ending.

All Zelda did was say "do you really remember me?" or something like that. The ending was like 9 seconds long if you don't include the credits. What the hell? The SNES Zelda had the best ending ever. This seemed way too unsatisfying. Did I get a "bad ending" or something? I absolutely loved the game....this is the first game made after like 2007 that I beat so maybe my expectations of good, eventful endings are in the past or something but this just seemed like a huge letdown. Did I miss something?

There's post-credits scenes if you do all the main quest stuff (Do all four Divine Beasts and unlock all the memories, including getting the Master Sword). Granted, they aren't mindblowingly good but they work as a decent capper for the game.