Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

monny posted:

27 VIG every time, friend.

:hfive:

Has anyone else noticed crashing since the patch? I've crashed twice now while finishing up this character, both times related to teleporting between bonfires (one when I clicked on the location, another during loading).

e: also holy poo poo the Carthus Curved Greatsword is a beast :stare: Just beat the Nameless King on the first attempt, he staggered every few hits and I've never killed him this quickly before. Now that he's dead I kinda regret it, it would've been a cool fight to test new DLC weapons on...

Pictured: My healthbar is almost as large as a boss health bar! I finally discovered VIG in DS3!

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Mar 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Vig is a crutch stat. You don't need to level it if you never get hit! :shepface:

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Your Computer posted:

:hfive:

Has anyone else noticed crashing since the patch? I've crashed twice now while finishing up this character, both times related to teleporting between bonfires (one when I clicked on the location, another during loading).

e: also holy poo poo the Carthus Curved Greatsword is a beast :stare: Just beat the Nameless King on the first attempt, he staggered every few hits and I've never killed him this quickly before. Now that he's dead I kinda regret it, it would've been a cool fight to test new DLC weapons on...

Pictured: My healthbar is almost as large as a boss health bar! I finally discovered VIG in DS3!

I got a lot of crashes after Ashes of Ariandel was released. Didn't crash once before that. It got so bad I had to use the circlet on one of my characters since I crashed out of pvp so much. It got better later, but it seems there is some instability in these large dlc patches.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Never crashed on PS4. :cool:

Small and Blue
Apr 24, 2008
Good patch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7T_X_eko5Q

Jordbo
Mar 5, 2013

Speaking of vigor, 27 is low for PvP unless you're specifically making a glass cannon! I know 1000 HP is a nice and even number, but you're going to get killed by a single riposte, ultra greatsword combo, or one of those big soul spears. Having 40 (or 39, I guess, if you don't care about even numbers) vigor helps make PvP a bit more enjoyable! The ~200 extra HP makes a difference.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Weeping Wound posted:

Church Pick still remains one of the worst sticking points of the DLC for me. Such a good weapon and gated behind Ludwig, a key, and a dipshit hunter. :argh:

man now I just remembered I have a Church Pick character that I didn't beat the game with yet

Bloodborne's DLC is straight up so loving great. It's the best From DLC in my opinion, which is saying something because it's beaten out Artorias of the Abyss, which was and in a way still is the gold standard for DLCs.

Magnificent
Jun 17, 2005

I was not programmed for friendship.
Nap Ghost
This might have only happened to me, but if anyone has the Steam version and the update is asking for absurd amounts of disk space, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. After I did that, the patch only added a few GB to the size instead of the nonsense it was trying to download before.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Jordbo posted:

Speaking of vigor, 27 is low for PvP unless you're specifically making a glass cannon! I know 1000 HP is a nice and even number, but you're going to get killed by a single riposte, ultra greatsword combo, or one of those big soul spears. Having 40 (or 39, I guess, if you don't care about even numbers) vigor helps make PvP a bit more enjoyable! The ~200 extra HP makes a difference.

Also in PvE. I just realized I've been levelling everything but vig in my quest to use the FUGS on this new character, and I'm dying to frostbite over and over again in the DLC.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

hanales posted:

Also in PvE. I just realized I've been levelling everything but vig in my quest to use the FUGS on this new character, and I'm dying to frostbite over and over again in the DLC.

Most fun weapon ever.

EVER

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The fugs carried me through the dlc until friede. boy it did not work well in that fight.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

mastershakeman posted:

The fugs carried me through the dlc until friede. boy it did not work well in that fight.

Try some jolly cooperation.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I have no shame. I like all forms of Dark Souls.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Jordbo posted:

Having 40 (or 39, I guess, if you don't care about even numbers) vigor helps make PvP a bit more enjoyable! The ~200 extra HP makes a difference.

39 is just fine if you like even numbers, puts you right on 1200 HP.

Alternatively 37 gives you 1599 embered with the ring of favor as well.

Not that anyone cares about having nice numbers :sax:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Have stayed away from anything Dark Souls in fear of spoilers, but do we know anything about recommended level-ranges for the DLC? I went into Ariandel at level 60 and I feel like I had a lot more fun that way than if I'd went with a character that already mopped up all of NG and was level 90+. So it'd be nice to know what to aim for.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Try some jolly cooperation.

Yeah this fight is begging for it. I like sunbroing for it and either flattening her with the biggest hammer I can get my hands on, or constantly knocking her down with the greatbow.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CuddlyZombie posted:

Can anyone tell me what the hell the thread title is referencing? It's been driving me crazy.

There was a translation on Fextralife of some Japanese promo stuff for the first DLC and it had that as a line.

Speaking of, anyone have a good idea for a new thread title?

mastershakeman posted:

Apparently with the recent ultra greatsword buff it's now the worst of the lot. How the mighty have fallen.

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Most fun weapon ever.

EVER

Early DS3 pvping was so loving fun with it

I just like using it because its so big

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
How do the great weapon buffs affect overall dps? Are they competitive with straight swords now for efficient sunbroing?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Genocyber posted:

There was a translation on Fextralife of some Japanese promo stuff for the first DLC and it had that as a line.

Apparently with the recent ultra greatsword buff it's now the worst of the lot. How the mighty have fallen.

Dark souls 3: the ringed city:it all ends here except the pvp meta.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Is it worth taking dex up to 60 from 40? 40 feels so low, but only getting like 20 extra damage from those 20 levels seems kinda pointless. I do a fair amount of pop so I probably won't go above 120

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I started a new warrior strength dude to get ready for the new two two huge new DLC weapons. I've been enjoying the changes to heavy infusions, and to ultra weapons. I heavy infusioned the greatsword (the guts one), and it has been very effective in propelling me through the story so far.

Looking forward to trying the new hammer. It will probably be disappointing, but I love huge weapons.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yesss! Only took me til my fourth play through to not gently caress it up. Guess who just got married. :smugbert:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Genocyber posted:

Dark Souls III: The Ringed City out March 28th: This is the last update this series will ever have, I swear

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

Is it worth taking dex up to 60 from 40? 40 feels so low, but only getting like 20 extra damage from those 20 levels seems kinda pointless. I do a fair amount of pop so I probably won't go above 120

Only magic stats should be raised to 60. 40 is all you need.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Only magic stats should be raised to 60. 40 is all you need.

Raising strength to 66 is worth it for a pure strength build. You're going to be 2handing most of the time meaning you have an effective 99 strength, which provides a pretty good damage boost compared to stopping at 40/50.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of strength builds, I just made yet another character since the DLC is still not out yet and I can't wait. Beelined straight for the cathedral after Vordt and started farming for a Cathedral Knight Greatsword because it looks amazing and I've always wanted to use it. It feels so good to poise again :qq:

Now to go back and steamroll everything with this magnificent anime sword!

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I want this DLC already.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Hey cool, I just realized that I bought some edition of DS3 that comes with both DLCs. :toot:

I should probably hit up Ariandel soonish, maybe after I kill Yorgh/Dancer.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I am so stoked for this it is disturbing.

I did an all bosses run of DaS1 in an attempt to quench my thirst but I finished it in one day and now I'm even more thirsty.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
So evidently Frost is awesome now.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The bonfire activity indicator is so nice for invading. Should of been in the game since the start but I'm glad its at least here now.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Is it the 28th yet?

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Any suggestions for getting summoned? I used to sunbro a lot. Coming back to the game now (PC), I am having a tough time getting summoned anywhere. Standing outside of abyss watchers right now, SL33. No bites at all. Am I doing something wrong? I would think that things should be pretty active this weekend, to get ready for the DLC.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Filthy Monkey posted:

Any suggestions for getting summoned? I used to sunbro a lot. Coming back to the game now (PC), I am having a tough time getting summoned anywhere. Standing outside of abyss watchers right now, SL33. No bites at all. Am I doing something wrong? I would think that things should be pretty active this weekend, to get ready for the DLC.

what level is your weapon?

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

+7. That a problem?

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Filthy Monkey posted:

+7. That a problem?

yes

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

weapon level is also taken into account when matchmaking. you can only be matched up with people running at least +5 on their weapon. abyss watchers sweet spot is probably a +4 weapon. unfortunately, since you have +7 weapon, thats what your character is tied to, even if you destroy it

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

https://mpql.net/tools/dark-souls-3/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

hanales posted:

So evidently Frost is awesome now.

Frost? Like frostbite? Please explain.