Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

You should watch some Clone Wars before you finish season two. There's even a handy guide in the OP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Narcissus1916 posted:

Catching up with season 2. That first half is rough, and aimless.

And now I'm in the back half and good god is the show not firing blanks.

For some reason this has been mostly true with both Clone Wars and Rebels: The first half is a bit of a mess, and then the second half is where the strong stuff happens. I've heard multiple podcasters comment on this as well, so after a few years of this you almost have to wonder if it's by design. To what end though, I can't imagine.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Did I hear X-wing laser SFX in that preview?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Yes, a couple times. I did see the Interdictor on fire and breaking up near the end, meaning someone paid a heavy price for some of the fleet to escape, and also it looks like Ezra has turned Maul's Gauntlet fighter into his own personal pimpmobile :mmmhmm:

Also, at 0:17 bottom left corner there's a medium Rebel ship I can't identify

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Just got caught up and I really loved the samurai duel at the end of the episode, and it looked like he lost by relying on the winning move that he had soooo many fights ago.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Good interview with Witwer.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/21/star-wars-rebels-sam-witwer-on-mauls-fateful-encounter-with-obi-wan

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

NTRabbit posted:

Also, at 0:17 bottom left corner there's a medium Rebel ship I can't identify

It's a Braha'tok or Dornean gunship, which actually already showed up (briefly) in RoTJ and also pops up in a few places during the battle of Scarif in Rogue One.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012
So the second issue of Darth Maul's mini-series came out today and it has some tie-ins to Rebels and TCW:

Maul has a flashback to Sidious taking him to Malachor for the first time. Sidious actually makes him breathe in the remains of one of the dead guys and Maul gets a vision of Jedi slaughtering Sith.

In the "present" story Maul's hired Cad Bane, Aurra Sing and some other bounty hunters to help him get into an auction for a captured Jedi Padawan. Also Hondo has a cameo at the auction.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Horrible Taste posted:

So the second issue of Darth Maul's mini-series came out today and it has some tie-ins to Rebels and TCW:

Also Hondo has a cameo at the auction.

As well as a few of the crime lords Maul and Savage will later slaughter to get their hands on their operations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MeinPanzer posted:

It's a Braha'tok or Dornean gunship, which actually already showed up (briefly) in RoTJ and also pops up in a few places during the battle of Scarif in Rogue One.

Oh right, that thing, no wonder I didn't recognise it!

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Did someone already announce that the Wookie Gunship from the Rebels premiere is being made for the X-wing Miniatures game in this thread? Because it is, and it looks awesome. :iia:

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

twistedmentat posted:

Ah but did you miss how at the end of the Clone Wars cartoon, Mace Windu does massive damage to Grievous which explains why he's such a bitch in episode 3?

I swear I remember reading that Grievous' coughing throughout Ep.3 was not related at all to the mini-series and was because of his prosthetics barely holding him together at all since he is basically just a head and brain stem bolted onto some advanced cybernetic parts.

I guess Vader got the lovely suit.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

banned from Starbucks posted:

1 deathstar is so old at this point. The next logical step is for the rebels to build their own Lifestar and have a DS vs LS lightsaber fight.

Nah, what they need is a double ended Death Star that shoots a super laser out each side.

Elentor posted:

The Lifestar should shoot a laser that rebuilds a planet with everyone back in it, but it has no offensive capabilities whatsoever. The death star then shoots again. Everyone is trapped in a nightmarish horror of constantly being blown apart and being reborn.

I kind of wish the Republic had built their own Death Star type space station, in the same vein of their construction of a Star Defender instead of a Star Destroyer, simply because I think a movable fortress the size of a moon that can house all your bureaucracy and go between all major planets as needed is a good idea for the home of your government. Giving it Grevious' ships giant Ion Cannon thing instead of a super laser that destroys planets would be good too.

radlum
May 13, 2013
The episodes have been uploaded to YT.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

radlum posted:

They were good.

And The annoying prat Konstantine finally bit it.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Well, that was a pretty good finale.

Whatever the gently caress you do, don't piss off Bentu apparently. Jesus CHRIST. hosed up everything, then decided to mindfuck Thrawn for good measure.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

radlum posted:

No chance of finding them YT is flooded with fakes now

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Check your cable's On Demand if you have it, that's where I found both episodes.

Also, Thrawn definitely hurt the Phoenix Squadron cells, with the loss of Admiral Sato and the carrier and a bunch of their other capital ships, but Thrawn also lost two interdictors, got humiliated, and learned the same lesson that Kanan did: Do not taunt Happy-Fun Bentu. So glad they managed to rescue Kallus at the end, too. His increasing smugness over the episode as things fail to go Thrawn's way was wonderful. I wonder if they're saving the literal Deus ex Machina for another season or if that drone commander is never going to come up again.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I am really surprised That they did not kill off any of the main cast. They are going to have to do it eventually

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

^^ They did kill off Konstantine though :v:

This was definitely the battle they were referring to when voting against assaulting Scarif in Rogue One, Phoenix Squadron [1 Carrier, 2 transports, 2 CR 90s, 3 Hammerheads] and Dodonna's "one of the largest rebel cells" Massassi Group [3 Nebulons, 3 CR 90s, 2 Gunships] lost a serious amount of tonnage before even getting their first big attack out of orbit - the carrier, all 3 Nebulons, 4 CR 90s, a Hammerhead, both transports, both Gunships, and a large number of fighters. This would also explain why Dodonna didn't have much of a say at the meeting, and why the Battle of Yavin involved only his fighters - he lost all of his corvette or larger ships at Atollon

All the space sequences were amazingly designed, but the Bendu end felt a little disappointing, I guess I was just hoping for a little less Deus ex Machina about him

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 25, 2017

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The finale might not have had any gut-punch moments like the season 2 finale did, but then again I doubt anything will ever top the Ahsoka vs. Vader confrontation. Also interesting that they didn't get rid of the season's antagonist in some way like they did the Inquisitor and Vader. Does that mean Thrawn will be the season 4 antagonist as well?

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013
So...don't screw with Bendu.... Yeah don't screw with him. He's OP. Like seriously dangerous.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Who would have thought force storms would become canon again?

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

Covok posted:

Who would have thought force storms would become canon again?

Certainly not Thrawn that's for sure, funny thing is, Bendu was really after Kanan in that moment wasn't he? Their relationship was certainly interesting to say the least.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Logical1234 posted:

Certainly not Thrawn that's for sure, funny thing is, Bendu was really after Kanan in that moment wasn't he? Their relationship was certainly interesting to say the least.

I don't think the one in the middle, the Bendu is attacking anyone in specific there. It's just his big deadly "All of you get off my lawn" moment

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

There's actually a minor continuity error involving the gunships: Dodonna only brings two, one is shown being destroyed in the first battle, but both are shown retreating to the surface; when the surviving fleet makes its final run after Bendu loses his poo poo, there's only one gunship left, and then once they get past and go to light speed, the gunship is not with them and there's no indication of what happened to it, as opposed to the second CR 90 in that run, which is shown in a death spiral behind the wreck of the second interdictor

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 25, 2017

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like they were pretty explicit with this, but...

Bendu disappeared before the shot, he didn't pull an Obi-wan and disappear as the bolt hit him right? The mark shows up on the ground. The implication being he didn't die and join the force, he was a force of nature to begin with. Or maybe the embodiment of the Force itself. What was he saying after his line about the will of the Force being that Jedi die? That he was the will of the Force?

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Chickenwalker posted:

I feel like they were pretty explicit with this, but...

What was he saying after his line about the will of the Force being that Jedi die? That he was the will of the Force?

"Perhaps it is the will of the Force that the Jedi and all your kind perish. And I serve the will of the Force."

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Nina posted:

I don't think the one in the middle, the Bendu is attacking anyone in specific there. It's just his big deadly "All of you get off my lawn" moment

It's pretty clear that whatever Bendu is he's just operating on a completely different level and he's effectively unknowable. Naturally something unknowable is what would take Thrawn down, because you can't study or figure him out, you just stay the gently caress out of his way if you know what's good for you.

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013
Musing on Ezra again, once again, even with the Bendu's massive rage attack, and other factors, if Ezra hadn't relied on his connection with Sabine, and aimed to gain Clan Wrens assistance the Rebels would have been totally wiped out due to the last Interdector. Ezra as always subtly changes the outcome for the Rebels. The Force is with him again now that he's on the right path, not on Mauls. Though I do like that Maul's ship is now Ezra's. Maul for better or for worse, did effect Ezra's life. Ezra is truly Maul's legacy, as well as Kanan's. It's interesting, the heir to Maul's legacy working with Mandalorians against overwhelming forces. Heh.

Why is it that Ezra actually is a decent character? Like seriously, Ezra when he first started out sounded like a cliche. But they actually made the being from the streets a critical part of his character, and developed him into something really awesome. Now that he's finally over his dark side phase (I'm certain of this at this point.) I really want to see where he goes next. He's becoming a very well rounded character.

Also, did anyone notice that the Bendu said that Attalion was made to be hard to find ON PURPOSE? That planet even now has been stated again and again to be very ALIEN. Creatures unabled to be controlled by the Force, the Bendu, it's very primordial. Something tells me that's one of those mysteries that books and comics might explore, but nothing the show will cover thanks to the events of the Finale. Also the Bendu is totally not gone. He's gonna be a factor again in some form in the Star Wars universe. At the very least, he hosed with Thrawns head a bit.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Thought for sure that when Kanan, Zeb, and Rex were running from the walkers and troopers through the caves, they were gonna lead them to a nest of spiders. Oh well. Bendu stuff was still weird and good.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pops Mgee posted:

Thought for sure that when Kanan, Zeb, and Rex were running from the walkers and troopers through the caves, they were gonna lead them to a nest of spiders. Oh well. Bendu stuff was still weird and good.

That would have been a nice nod to the deleted Wampa scenes from the Imperial attack on Hoth base in Empire Strikes Back

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Ben vs Maul was amazing. At the risk of sounding fanboyish, right now it is my favorite lightsaber fight from a technical and non-narrative point of view. Certainly my favorite fight since Jedi and possibly my favorite fight since Empire.

The finale was good. The whole bendu poo poo was dumb as gently caress and should have been completely removed but given that it was two lovely elements dxming each other I'll call it a wash.

I loved the old '60s design on Ezra's bubbletop space suit and the "Just like the rare toy that totally existed and I know because my cousin who lives in Canada has one" Boba Fett missile pack was just plain fun.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Chickenwalker posted:

Man am I sick of this nucanon Kyber crystal crap. It's like they saw the word once and couldn't stop using it. Oversimplifying the universe makes it less interesting. Not all crystals have to be the same. It's not an interesting spin to assert that the Death Star uses the same crystals. The specific name doesn't have to be repeated in every source of media ad nauseum.

Idk if you know but the name actually links back to the first ever Star Wars book, Splinter of the Mind's Eye (I have a copy)

Was spelt slightly differently

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

the strongest stars have a heart of kyber.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Recoome posted:

Idk if you know but the name actually links back to the first ever Star Wars book, Splinter of the Mind's Eye (I have a copy)

Was spelt slightly differently

It's a bad book but it's an interesting look at how SW could have gone and in many ways has gone. Marx hat gesagt: „First as tragedy then as farce".

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shbobdb posted:

Ben vs Maul was amazing. At the risk of sounding fanboyish, right now it is my favorite lightsaber fight from a technical and non-narrative point of view. Certainly my favorite fight since Jedi and possibly my favorite fight since Empire.

The finale was good. The whole bendu poo poo was dumb as gently caress and should have been completely removed but given that it was two lovely elements dxming each other I'll call it a wash.

I loved the old '60s design on Ezra's bubbletop space suit and the "Just like the rare toy that totally existed and I know because my cousin who lives in Canada has one" Boba Fett missile pack was just plain fun.

Man you do have terrible opinions you did not like Bendu.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93pED7lwO-w

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

MonsterEnvy posted:

Man you do have terrible opinions you did not like Bendu.

/
:Catgurl Animetar say:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Shbobdb posted:

/
:Catgurl Animetar say:

You're a massive dumbass, please keep digging that hole

• Locked thread