Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Servaetes posted:

Wait someone has a full dodge Lightning that can solo the event? It'd be rad as gently caress if you could keep that up because I'm around 900k and I am still without Y'sholta and yknow, would be cool to get one before this event ends. Doesn't Ifrit himself run away after a few turns?

Not on ELT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Ok I am researching a Gilgy strategy to attempt this. I am fearful due to no TMR weapons or abilities of any specific note. Also, I have no Lightning, or Noctis, but plan to friend that up. Also Refia looks like a critical piece in most builds, which I don't have.

My thinking:
Luka - Water, healing & Raise, cleanse ability
Bartz - wind & raise
Cecil - healing, tanking can attach ice (spear?)
Rain - fire/earth, breaking?
Snow - water & draw attacks/tanking
Or
CoD - lightning, raw damage, cleanse ability

I'm not quite ready to try this out, but want to make sure I can make it to cheeseville with the dodge lightning, though I do not understand this auto-limit on/off stuff.

I know it will be a drawn out battle.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

Anybody figured out how many Poach materia to get? I heard that it stacks, so I guess if you really wanted to go hog wild you could equip four each on a party of five for a total of 20? :psyduck:

I'll probably grab five Lifefont materia in case I find a use for grinding explorations or something.

I think they're a trap because it's only 15% and you aren't going to have many fights where stacking 60% is going to be better than the probably hundreds of damage you'd get from the ATK across that many types of creatures as opposed to equipping one of the specific materia.

However they're only 1k each so if you want to grab all of them, why not? The walk -> restore HP materia is probably worth picking up for macro runs or possibly a key player in a future event. Again, it's so cheap that you should probably grab one just in case.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

Servaetes posted:

Wait someone has a full dodge Lightning that can solo the event? It'd be rad as gently caress if you could keep that up because I'm around 900k and I am still without Y'sholta and yknow, would be cool to get one before this event ends. Doesn't Ifrit himself run away after a few turns?

Do note that while this is a guaranteed ELT clear, it takes her about an hour to plink away at Ifrit's health bar, so it may not be the most efficient thing to do. It is hilarious though.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Servaetes posted:

I'm in the goon spreadsheet, hit me up. I'm gonna leave her up for as long as the event's up, then I'll probably put a Gilgamesh slayer back up. Had a f2p non-goon friend get every goal and he only got his first 5 star base last weekend, so anybody who needs to kill Gil almost certainly can.

hagie posted:

Ok I am researching a Gilgy strategy to attempt this. I am fearful due to no TMR weapons or abilities of any specific note. Also, I have no Lightning, or Noctis, but plan to friend that up. Also Refia looks like a critical piece in most builds, which I don't have.

My thinking:
Bartz - wind & raise
Or

I'm not quite ready to try this out, but want to make sure I can make it to cheeseville with the dodge lightning, though I do not understand this auto-limit on/off stuff.

That party can probably get you there, but don't be afraid to run suboptimal weapons like Trident to seal things. If you got a Primm from the Secret of Mana event, she's pretty good vs Gilgamesh, since she's an off-heal who can hit 5 of his elements innately, depending on what you need sealed.

From what I've seen, that party should absolutely be able to get my Lightning past the third milestone, though, so once Ifrit's down, you'll be good to go.

As for Auto-Limit, that's a setting in your settings menu, down where you set things like continuous auto-battle. It controls whether your Auto command will trigger limit breaks when they're up. For Ifrit, you want it to do so, for Gilgamesh, you do not.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 25, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

hagie posted:

My thinking:
Bartz - wind & raise
Or

I used the start of this video to base my strategy off of, I know you don't have Refia but maybe it'll be useful? It uses all your party members except Refia instead of Luka and tries to be as F2P as possible.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

hagie posted:

My thinking:
Bartz - wind & raise
Or

If you can get Y'shtola leveled up she could sub in for maybe CoD. She can cover 2 elements and also heal/rez.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

got a few spots open if you guys need another Orlandeau, so feel free to throw em my way

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Khisanth Magus posted:

I'm running 2 soleils, 1 Lawrence, Y'shtola, and my Noctis. The friend orlandeau is usually just short of killing him with a single divine retribution after being buffed with Link from Noctis.

Use Fire flask because IIRC the last boss is vulnerable to silence and/or paralyze.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So Firion with Diabolos will do more damage than him with Odin?

Definitely. Odin's minor atk difference isn't anywhere close to the damage gained by a slayer passive(+50%) and the difference only grows with more atk on firion.

Shoenin posted:

yeah im only at 770,000 on ifrit. I think ill just stop since I have 0 chance of getting that TM, and I got Yoshi cola via pulls anyways.

Make sure you have enough mats to 6* her and Minfilia otherwise they're going to be worthless in the end.

You should still farm PRO because you got a week and having a few more 10% atk/hp materia never hunts unless you're drowning in seals of destruction and 30% atk materia already.

ShinyDais posted:

I know what I'm going to do with 5 Y'shtolas (once I finally get the guaranteed one), but what on Eorzea am I to do with 8 Minfilias?

Pray return to the Waking Sands.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
You should still farm Pro because it's literally thousands of free rank exp a day.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I never pulled a Y'sholta from the Gacha and only got the one on the way to the moogle. I was kinda hoping I'd pull two but if I ever need super healing I still have DC Refia.

I did manage to get enough mats for two of her wands so that was nice, dualweilding those seems like it should be pretty good. I'll leave my Equip H Shield on Refia for the moment.

CyberLord XP posted:

You should still farm Pro because it's literally thousands of free rank exp a day.

This is a good point, not to mention the Gil you'll make from the currency/mats/units.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 25, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Just had my first chocobo sighting, 3x red chocobos while doing my 3rd ELT run of the day before going back to dunes.

1706 red orbs, plus another 8530 due to 500% bonus. :getin:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I don't think I have ever had auto-limit on.

Ew. Primm? She's still 4* for me that I never bothered to level further up past maybe 40? Chizuru x2 are in front of her to be completed sooo.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Just had my first chocobo sighting, 3x red chocobos while doing my 3rd ELT run of the day before going back to dunes.

1706 red orbs, plus another 8530 due to 500% bonus. :getin:

You have 4 Orlandeaus?!

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'm guessing Orlandeau, Orlandeau friend, and 4x Soleils.

Dockworker
Feb 22, 2011

Just you wait, the union is gonna hear about this.

If anyone wants an extra cid, here's mine:

At least he does holy damage!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

HGH posted:

You have 4 Orlandeaus?!

My party is Orlandeau, 4 Soleils, and a buddy Orlandeau.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
The final boss of the event does seem to resist paralyze, so fire flask doesn't always work, but it does help a bit. I've dumped Y'shtola from the party and now have 2 soleils and 2 Lawrences with my Noctis and a friend Cid.

It is kind of amusing that at this point the thing I want most out of ifrit coins is thancreds. I could still use a few more of his TMRs.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 25, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The final boss of this event drops real quick with Ling doing Feint Step and a friend Orlandeu using Divine Ruination. The previous turns have Ling using Invigorating Dance to keep him topped off.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I will say that this event has already done wonders for my main team. Noctis and Chizuru awakened to 6* and are back in their 50s-60s, exdeath and Y'shtola are max level 5* while I finish getting enough rest orbs for their awakening, just leaving Cecil at 5* for now. Hopefully eventually get the holy sword for Noct and the katana for Chizuru to boost their attack a bit since their are using crappy weapons currently.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
A beefy Firion with Diabolos can pretty much 1-turn Fin Briar everything on ELT. The last guy might take 2 but he'll be mostly dead.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Grab the high damage goon Noctis buddies (ideally with Ifrit for slayer passives), focus on chaining for the fire flask hits in the first round as well as chaining his Warp Breaks in the subsequent rounds. Refia/Cecil buff in the first round and if you can have someone toss out Imperil do that too because the elemental debuff will help. If you might not kill it in the 3rd round you can probably reaply paralyze by hitting with Fire Flask again and then go back to warp break.

His level's dropping but it's still pretty close at times and even though people are stopping it'll still be in the upper teens for the next few days at the least. It's going to get a little more annoying but still doable. Y'shtola's point requirement is kinda BS and IIRC it was lower for Japan. Global might still have a lot more players than Japan did though, IDK. :shrug:

There are amlost no Noctis buddies left. And I don't have one to chain with.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Kheldarn posted:

There are amlost no Noctis buddies left. And I don't have one to chain with.

Just sent you a friend request. You're about to have one now.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Mr. Swoon i miss your Luneth :(

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

My Luneth was nice, but you gotta make way for the future. And once I'm done TM farming, mine will be a 100% dodge moody fisherman.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Once the event is done, I'm putting Olive back up. There's a million goon Thunder Gods, not too many 11.5k Olives. But for now, the event grinders need his bonus more.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Think this might be my most stacked TM farming team since the original Dual-Wield & Double Excalibur group way at the start of the game: 2x Shines, Queen, Ramza, & Olive.

Someone's getting all the ATK...pretty much mostly Olive.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Should I save the event tickets for another banner or chase another Orlandu?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

There's a million goon Thunder Gods, not too many 11.5k Olives.

Dirty injector.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Should I save the event tickets for another banner or chase another Orlandu?

Do you have all the basics in your team covered (DPS, Damage, Etc.)? If so, go ahead. If not, wait for a more useful banner.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

The man called M posted:

Do you have all the basics in your team covered (DPS, Damage, Etc.)? If so, go ahead. If not, wait for a more useful banner.

Yeah I've gkt Cecil and Refia and Opened a Gilgamesh the other day so with Orlandu got my basrs covered.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Yeah I've gkt Cecil and Refia and Opened a Gilgamesh the other day so with Orlandu got my basrs covered.

Welp five tickets in and I got Ramza + Orlandeau

I think I am officially done spending money on this game I should be set

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Welp five tickets in and I got Ramza + Orlandeau

I think I am officially done spending money on this game I should be set

Think ill save my tickets for next event banner thou

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
The next major banner is going to be FFX in which Tidus is the premium 5*, while Rikku sits there as God Queen Support at 4* and is arguably going to be the far more sought after pull.

Eileen's the other prize in between, though she's 5* like Tidus.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I burned out hard on this game right before the SoM event, and just in the last couple days started dabbling again. I laughed when I started the game back up and saw Orlandeau was finally getting added. Anyway I just had to post that I did my cheap daily pull, got a yellow crystal, said "oh boy maybe it'll reform into a rainbow", and then it did, then I said "no way is it gonna be Orlandeau though" and then it was. Oh boy maybe I'll get back in to the game now

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
That's how they suck you back in. :getin:

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

If I have 2 Orlandeaus would it be dumb to fuse away my lv 100 CoD to help #2 exp wise?

I have another 3 star but I never use the 6* any more, have better options uaually

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
That's a huge waste of a still-useful 6* unit... Just lapis refresh Dunes if you want to level ASAP.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Infected posted:

Nope. As long as your memu/Nox doesn't crash you can just Auto-Attack/Auto-Limit and come back later to a won battle.

You'll want NinjaD's Lightning for it.

Keep an eye out for my Lightning as well, I'm only a few more runs away from Kiyomori, and will have the same setup running. That way you can probably just alternate between the two lightnings, it takes so long the other should refresh by the time you're done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

If I have 2 Orlandeaus would it be dumb to fuse away my lv 100 CoD to help #2 exp wise?

I have another 3 star but I never use the 6* any more, have better options uaually

Yes. It's Cactuar weekend, dude, the XP flows like water.

• Locked thread