Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Let's all watch Bruce LaBruce's Gerontophilia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZNArrBptAs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

K. Waste posted:

Let's all watch Bruce LaBruce's Gerontophilia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZNArrBptAs

"Where are the Burroughs books?"
"Try the wife killer section."

Well I'm sold.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
After Train to Busan watch Pandora

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What are some good super spy/assassin movies on netflix.

And also good holocaust movies.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

God there was this movie about trains I wanted to keep telling people to watch. What the hell was it

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Junkie Disease posted:

God there was this movie about trains I wanted to keep telling people to watch. What the hell was it

Trainspotters? Murder on the Orient Express? Snowpiercer?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Trainspotters? Murder on the Orient Express? Snowpiercer?

It was something Korean. I wanna say South Korean.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Junkie Disease posted:

It was something Korean. I wanna say South Korean.

Ah, The Good, The Bad, and The Weird then

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Something that sounds like "Futon" but its not a couch nor a lovely bed. Think it had some scares

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtW1Lq5c04E

Finally got around to seeing Look Who's Back, I guess it's been on Netflix for a year.

Hitler goes around talking to racist Germans and getting them to expose themselves as racist. I was expecting just a cheap aping of Bruno/Borat but it manages to have distinct and thoughtful story of its own.

When he talks to neo-nazis, they're obvious buffoons,

but it actually gets pretty depressing watching Hitler talk to regular people who say some disturbingly horrible poo poo.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 25, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mover posted:

I think he means Stoker a Korean film starring two people who are really into trains and repetitive tasks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I watched Train to Busan after all of your guy's badgering. It was...allright I guess. Not bad by any means but I don't really get what is supposed to be so great about it at all tbh. Seemed like pretty run of the mill zombie fare.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It's not worth the hype this thread has laid on it, but it's a solid zombie flick that feels pretty fresh. I think the hype in here mostly just evolved into a joke.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

i'm not even sure what was supposed to be fresh about it. I guess it's the first one on a train? It felt like every zombie movie for the last 15 years except longer and even cornier because it's Korean.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It is a new Korean take on the genre and the cramped setting is used very well. The characters were also quite good. It's still a zombie flick but it was unique enough to feel pretty fresh for me.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I've taken a break from Korean movies for some British television and started watching Broadchurch. I've seen it recommended it a few times in here, it's a great small town murder mystery show with fantastic performances from the leads, Olivia Colman and David Tennant and all of the supporting cast as well. Definitely one of the best shows like this I've seen in a while.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I'm learning Korean cause all my neighbors are Korean so if anyone has more Korean movies let me know

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Have you watched the wailing yet? It's a really good one.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

A MIRACLE posted:

I'm learning Korean cause all my neighbors are Korean so if anyone has more Korean movies let me know
watch this game show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpwIgWPfNvc

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

A MIRACLE posted:

They're TV shows but... watch The Genius and Running Man

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Listen to this person, The Genius is amazing.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

tweet my meat posted:

I've taken a break from Korean movies for some British television and started watching Broadchurch. I've seen it recommended it a few times in here, it's a great small town murder mystery show with fantastic performances from the leads, Olivia Colman and David Tennant and all of the supporting cast as well. Definitely one of the best shows like this I've seen in a while.
Season 1 is excellent. Season 2 was hokey and contrived enough that I don't care if there are further seasons.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Train
To
Buson
Had great class villians, if they remake it I know who Paul Reiser will play

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Junkie Disease posted:

Train
To
Buson
Had great class villians, if they remake it I know who Paul Reiser will play

I also know the Rock will play.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A MIRACLE posted:

My favorite South Korean movie is still Thirst (dir. Park Chan-Wook, the guy that did Oldboy)

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
One Punch Man got added to netflix. I'd never seen it but heard good things. Halfway through the first episode and it's pretty great

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Mover posted:

Great movie.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So are there any bad Korean train movies? It seems like a genre that shits gold!

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Snowpiercer was bad

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Edit: wrong thread

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

A MIRACLE posted:

Snowpiercer was bad

actually, it was good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A MIRACLE posted:

Snowpiercer was bad

Let's not say things we can't take back now.

I'm on episode 4 of rewatching Patriot and holy poo poo it is packed with things you'll only get on a second viewing.

And also, drat I love the show's theme song so much, I watch the intro every single time.

MacGowans Teeth
Aug 13, 2003

fishtobaskets posted:

One Punch Man got added to netflix. I'd never seen it but heard good things. Halfway through the first episode and it's pretty great

I watched the series twice on Hulu. It's awesome and hilarious, kind of like a Japanese version of "The Tick" in a way, I guess. I really hope we get a season 2.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

fishtobaskets posted:

It's a very fun show. You pretty much have to look at it as any other battle anime show but where they just cut the bullshit out and the hero knows he is the strongest dude in the world. There isn't any scene of him wondering if he can beat someone. He doesn't have to train for 10 episodes. He just fights and wins.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It's not just that he's the strongest, the gimmick is that he's on a completely different level than every other hero and villain and is completely bored because nothing is actually challenging for him anymore and he can beat anything in a single punch. It's an amazingly fun anime, even if you typically shy away from anime.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I'll check it out. Speaking of anime I watched the first Berserk movie and holy hell is it brutal af. In a good way. It's also not really anime at all in terms of annoying bullshit. It's more like an animated Game of Thrones with a focus on the battles.

It doesn't pull any punches with the hardcore violence and I wish more anime was like it, instead of this watered down 'nobody really dies' TV-14 poo poo you see so often

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

A MIRACLE posted:

I'll check it out. Speaking of anime I watched the first Berserk movie and holy hell is it brutal af. In a good way. It's also not really anime at all in terms of annoying bullshit. It's more like an animated Game of Thrones with a focus on the battles.

It doesn't pull any punches with the hardcore violence and I wish more anime was like it, instead of this watered down 'nobody really dies' TV-14 poo poo you see so often

Go read the manga. The Berserk movies are ultra compressed adaptations of a really loving incredible comic, and if you dug the former you'll lose your poo poo for the latter.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Go read the manga. The Berserk movies are ultra compressed adaptations of a really loving incredible comic, and if you dug the former you'll lose your poo poo for the latter.

Many are not ready to handle that amount of dark crazy.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

A MIRACLE posted:

Snowpiercer was bad

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

actually, it was good

It was okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
Just watched episode one of Patriot, much thanks to everyone who recommended it.