Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Baloogan posted:

thanks again for strawmanning you are really loving smart. seriously congratulations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFQVZ2h0V8

tromp bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
check this out i got a brand new conspiracy hot off the presses:

a rich guy was mad that other rich guys didnt respect him because he acts like an idiot rear end in a top hat all the time and doesn't put on the basic airs of decency and decorum that rich guys hold themselves to.

by that metric he became a reality hacker and has imbued himself with magic powers to prevent the world from dissolving from the virtual reality simulation becoming unplugged at the hand of reptilian universal masters.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Please take your meds

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

why are the crab demons called nylons

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
no, this is the end. it may not look like it, but it's all downhill from here.

one may think its trump, but it was just our stupid brokebrains. we fight over things that glimmer because we want to put it on our fingers. to say, yes, i can throw a life away. that is why i have this ring.

that's it, isn't it? we're all powerthirsty. to be able to say you can throw human life at your minor inconveniences, your luxuries, it lets us live a little bit longer, it makes the chemicals in our brain fire off. we're loving machines, sex good, shiny good, sugar good. the longer we can do all those things... thats just in our dna.

how about this, what if we were fair?

i know, it sounds stupid. what if we collectively said, everyone who has everything has a little bit less to ensure everyone gets a minimum amount of dopamine for a minimum amount of time. that's the social contract we're really after, isn't it? we all want that. we just want to feel good for as long as possible. some of us risk losing the chance of it... that's what scares us. we don't take from the masters because of some philosophical reason.

no, not at all....

good isn't real.

my god, we're all just jealous.

all of this, it's loving meaningless. it's just a bunch of chemicals and we want to take a little more chemicals from the people that have more of them.

that's what it's all about.

that's what it comes down to.

everything is just a bunch of stupid loving chemicals and life is about maximizing them. that's it. we're stupid pieces of trash.

really, can you blame the poor? the ones that wish to rob the rich? they want the chemicals they all get.

sex, food, drugs, entertainment. it's all about maximization. suffer now for good later. enjoy life, love your neighbor, love yourself. go eat a cheeseburger because we're all gonna die.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

nite crew being weirdly existential tonight

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

why did i write a flashing gif into my story

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

shiksa posted:

a rich guy was mad that other rich guys didnt respect him because he acts like an idiot rear end in a top hat all the time and doesn't put on the basic airs of decency and decorum that rich guys hold themselves to.

by that metric he became a reality hacker and has imbued himself with magic powers to prevent the world from dissolving from the virtual reality simulation becoming unplugged at the hand of reptilian universal masters.
Finally, someone says what we're all thinking

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

this post demonstrates how dumb cynicism is way better than all my "everything matters" posts, im jealous

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Solarin posted:

tromp bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWP-AsG5DRk

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

trump

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
'I can't be doing so badly, because I'm president and you're not'

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

not even once

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
It's okay everyone, I've figured out the plan for world peace, and a way for things to start matter

and I'll tell you, yes you dear reader, The Secret Plan, for a low low price of 5 easy payments of $29.95

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

agape > eros > philos

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uR5SF4fx9Q

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

punchymcpunch posted:

agape > eros > philos
well maybe your agape is greater than your philos, but don't go projecting on everyone else

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXHx806vIoE

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

rudatron posted:

It's okay everyone, I've figured out the plan for world peace, and a way for things to start matter

and I'll tell you, yes you dear reader, The Secret Plan, for a low low price of 5 easy payments of $29.95

i saw an ad on the train today that was one of those "stop being poor and get rich" seminars and the hosts were tony robbins, pitbull, and one of the guys on shark tank but instead of his name it just said "shark tank" under his picture.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Mar 26, 2017

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2tM_kB23Fs

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

anime was right posted:

no, this is the end. it may not look like it, but it's all downhill from here.

one may think its trump, but it was just our stupid brokebrains. we fight over things that glimmer because we want to put it on our fingers. to say, yes, i can throw a life away. that is why i have this ring.

that's it, isn't it? we're all powerthirsty. to be able to say you can throw human life at your minor inconveniences, your luxuries, it lets us live a little bit longer, it makes the chemicals in our brain fire off. we're loving machines, sex good, shiny good, sugar good. the longer we can do all those things... thats just in our dna.

how about this, what if we were fair?

i know, it sounds stupid. what if we collectively said, everyone who has everything has a little bit less to ensure everyone gets a minimum amount of dopamine for a minimum amount of time. that's the social contract we're really after, isn't it? we all want that. we just want to feel good for as long as possible. some of us risk losing the chance of it... that's what scares us. we don't take from the masters because of some philosophical reason.

no, not at all....

good isn't real.

my god, we're all just jealous.

all of this, it's loving meaningless. it's just a bunch of chemicals and we want to take a little more chemicals from the people that have more of them.

that's what it's all about.

that's what it comes down to.

everything is just a bunch of stupid loving chemicals and life is about maximizing them. that's it. we're stupid pieces of trash.

really, can you blame the poor? the ones that wish to rob the rich? they want the chemicals they all get.

sex, food, drugs, entertainment. it's all about maximization. suffer now for good later. enjoy life, love your neighbor, love yourself. go eat a cheeseburger because we're all gonna die.

Sir for the last time, you can't just ask for a water cup and then put Diet Coke in it, you need to pay for that.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Donkwich posted:

dinosaurs died off because they elected dinotrump

make pangaea great again

i still wager that triceratops can beat a t-rex in a dino battle because their horns can ram their knees and poo poo and i saw this happen once on a shirt

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

jesus christ i thought at least tony robbins had some sort of business experience he's been a huckster since day one.

death to salesmen, god drat.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

i still wager that triceratops can beat a t-rex in a dino battle because their horns can ram their knees and poo poo and i saw this happen once on a shirt
ow wow, a giant chicken can beat a retarded rhino lizard

meanwhile the kool stegosaurus bros are chilling out and smoking some loving herbs or some poo poo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
read the first letter of each paragraph tho

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

i would like to have your mondo fries please

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i am not suber

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

shiksa posted:

my current conspiracy theory is that fear mongering, populism, nationalism, and anti-intelluctualism have been used for thousands of years by power hungry psychopaths that want to dominate and control every thing in their reach and murder all resistance to their authority.

I really think i may be onto something big here

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccjs0FfhmQQ

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

shiksa posted:

i saw an ad on the train today that was one of those "stop being poor and get rich" seminars and the hosts were tony robbins, pitbull, and one of the guys on shark tank but instead of his name it just said "shark tank" under his picture.

finally honest advertising

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

anime was right posted:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

anime was right posted:

i am not suber

i noticed

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

anime was right posted:

:effort: what does it spell

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

shiksa posted:

jesus christ i thought at least tony robbins had some sort of business experience he's been a huckster since day one.

death to salesmen, god drat.

i remember last year his walk-on-coals schtick literally burned dozens of people

lmao

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

this is the exact emotional response that deserves, yeah

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7vJncYurQc

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Solarin posted:

my current conspiracy theory is that fear mongering, populism, nationalism, and anti-intelluctualism have been used for thousands of years by power hungry psychopaths that want to dominate and control every thing in their reach and murder all resistance to their authority.

I really think i may be onto something big here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVEFMdZMw9Q

• Locked thread