Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Snatch Duster posted:

I am super liberal guy

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
have the people blasting "We are the champions" and smugly swarming almost every thread on the forum with digs at trump realized that literally nothing has changed yet or do we need another week.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
White people are lazy and look for any reason to not do something, like vote. Polls convinced white people that Trump had zero chance, so they stayed home and presumably got high

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Poetic Justice posted:

You said the reason Repubs took the house and senate was because of jerrymandering and voter disenfranchisement. Well, they are in complete power now, so if that is the case, those two things aren't going to change, which means following that train of thought they will always be voted into power in future elections.

lol what that does not follow at all

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Prorat posted:

The only one that will be laughing is Trump when Ryan steps down before midterms.

And I'll be laughing at you when Trumpcare passes and you like it.

The 4D chess is so painfully obvious. C'mon people use history to predict the future.

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
So when Congress is flipped and the impeachment hearings begin, can we permaban Prorat?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Runaktla posted:

Establishment Democrats are about advancing civilization

ahahahahhahahahhaaahahaaahahaha

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

unironically, and with dorito sludge bubbling at the corners of his mouth, forums poster Snatch Duster screeches "no YOU ARE A CUCK!!!!!!!" Like the second you say that 90% of the country thinks you are a dipshit.

nice meltdown

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Bleusilences posted:

No , but he was blocked at every turn except on war issues.

Yes, being able to pass a monumental turd like the aca without needing a single republican vote. Quite blocked at every turn, indeed.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Think you need so set your google back a few years m8.

are you american?

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Fog Tripper posted:

ahahahahhahahahhaaahahaaahahaha
Hey I did say they intentionally sabotage themselves. They make tiny bits of progress each term.

Democrats are like 3 steps forward then they screw up so Republicans can take us 2 steps back.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
the only thing the DNC is good for is making themselves and their cocktail circuit buddies rich whilst feigning the pretense of being "the good guys" through token concessions on social issues that they don't actually give two flying monkey dongs about

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
lol imagine being so dumb you wear a red hat in public

Ooh boy !

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Piss de Bundy posted:

lol imagine being so dumb you wear a red hat in public

Ooh boy !

Imagine being so dumb you thought america was not great

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Nut to Butt posted:

are you american?

Do you have blonde hair?

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Piss de Bundy posted:

lol imagine being so dumb you wear a red vagina hat in public

Ooh boy !

ftfy

SBJ fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Mar 26, 2017

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

CarpenterWalrus posted:

So when Congress is flipped and the impeachment hearings begin, can we permaban Prorat?
this would be extremely lame and petty and rob us of some truly lol worthy rationalisation tantrums.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Hey guys I am beginning to think this Turmp fellow is maybe not very good

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Flesh Forge posted:

You just don't understand strategy! :smug:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
If democrats wanted to improve life substantially for regular folks then they would have done it already

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

I'm going to Give Him A Chance. It's only fair.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Clitch posted:

Electoral College's inflation of midwest votes

It's really weird how literally no -one was talking about this before the election, and instead were in fact saying the electoral college basically guaranteed hillary's victory. Like no joke literally nobody thought the EC would hurt Clinton and every station was going on and on about how the map was impossible for Trump to win on. To complain about it now is utterly pathetic to be quite honest! Don't be pathetic!

Reminder: Hillary campaigned a lot in California specifically because she was afraid of winning the electoral college by a good margin but would lose the popular vote :lol: :lmao:
Meanwhile she went the midwest, actual swing states, a couple times and basically ignored the unions there. So cry all the crocodile tears you want about the EC but the reason Hillary lost was mostly because her campaign was breathtakingly bad.

On your other points gerrymandering and voter laws play a role but you are greatly oversimplifying the matter, probably because you don't really know much about it. For example most studies show voter laws can only change the vote by a couple percent and in most places the difference is far greater. The senate can't be gerrymandered by loving definition. Really the huge problem is that a lot of the dem base refuses to show up in non-presidential year elections, while republicans have only really stayed home in 2006. And it gets far worse when you look at state races, which is exactly why gerrymandering benefits republicans and not dems, on average. The democratic party has completely ignored state races for over a decade now and have been completely slaughtered there. There's absolutely no reason the dems shouldn't be bigger players in places like Florida.

Basically there's a lot more going on than voter disenfranchisement and weird district lines. Fun fact: some gerrymandering is heavily supported by minority rights groups because it can lead to more minority representation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerrymandering_in_the_United_States#Affirmative

Basically it's a lot more loving complicated than you think.

tsa fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 26, 2017

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
lol the red hats think we are the only ones are who free

tsa
Feb 3, 2014
Illinois 4th is probably one of the most commonly refereed to examples, and it was created that way by Daley to increase Latino power, since it's a kinda smart idea to get the fastest growing minority group on your side.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

tsa posted:

To complain about it now is utterly pathetic to be quite honest! Don't be pathetic!

the electoral college was always dumb bullshit.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
electoral college owns, if texas wasn't super racist and backwards we could get permanent democratic dominance

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Piss de Bundy posted:

electoral college owns, if texas wasn't super racist and backwards we could get permanent democratic dominance

Thank god, then the whole country can be like Chicago, a super-stratified racist hellhole where spree shootings are the weekend norm and the government hooks up their friends with multibillion dollar contracts paid for with funds siphoned from the poorest communities

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Thank god, then the whole country can be like Chicago, a super-stratified racist hellhole where spree shootings are the weekend norm and the government hooks up their friends with multibillion dollar contracts paid for with funds siphoned from the poorest communities

um

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

This thread is proof that America was never great and never going to be.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Better yet it can be like Detroit. Or Bodymore Murderland.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Homestar Runner posted:

the only thing the DNC is good for is making themselves and their cocktail circuit buddies rich whilst feigning the pretense of being "the good guys" through token concessions on social issues that they don't actually give two flying monkey dongs about

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Lmao who here thinks dems will get their poo poo together for mid terms?

I don't hahhaa

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Prorat posted:

The only one that will be laughing is Trump when Ryan steps down before midterms.

And I'll be laughing at you when Trumpcare passes and you like it.

The 4D chess is so painfully obvious. C'mon people use history to predict the future.

You have full on autism lol

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Snatch Duster posted:

I don't hahhaa

we can only hope

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

we can only hope

I give it the ol' bernie odds

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

T.S. Smelliot posted:

I give it the ol' bernie odds

bernie 2020

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake

Snatch Duster posted:

I don't hahhaa

They never will.

Can we just get a large broom and sweep them out somewhere else?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
man trump voters are dumb as gently caress lmao

dey love dey piss daddy

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Piss de Bundy posted:

man trump voters are dumb as gently caress lmao

dey love dey piss daddy

i just want the piss tape to be real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i just want the piss tape to be real

same but they respect a man who spray tans and makes kissie faces and wants to bang he daughter

• Locked thread