Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

That's a huge waste of a still-useful 6* unit... Just lapis refresh Dunes if you want to level ASAP.

Yeah thought it might be worth holding on to her

Rydia can go though. Nice almost ready to awaken him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
CoD is so drat useful. I gave her the new hoop from the event and have seen a huge spike in her barrage. I'm talking consistent 9k to nearly 20k. Also helps that she is almost fully loaded with Thancred TMRs. On top of that she can clear up several status ailments, and elemental buff if you healed or did something else.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

NinjaD's Lightning popped up right as I got an Orb back. Decided to WTF it, and auto battle ELT. It's been about an hour an a half, Ifrit is almost dead, and so is my battery.

If the friend system worked like it does in Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, I'd be set, because I could just run ELT with NinjaD's Lightning over and over.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I'm at 60/65, 5 spots open for goons!

I'm still working on fully leveling espers and getting better equipment through TMs so this is still a work in progress compared to most other Nocts, but if you like him enough to use him feel free!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
EDIT: DANA, your Lightning has Equip H. Shield but is using a sword and a gun.

AegisP posted:

I'm guessing Orlandeau, Orlandeau friend, and 4x Soleils.

Evil Fluffy posted:

My party is Orlandeau, 4 Soleils, and a buddy Orlandeau.
Oh god how did I math so horribly wrong?

hagie posted:

CoD is so drat useful. I gave her the new hoop from the event and have seen a huge spike in her barrage. I'm talking consistent 9k to nearly 20k. Also helps that she is almost fully loaded with Thancred TMRs. On top of that she can clear up several status ailments, and elemental buff if you healed or did something else.
Wait a second, the news said that thing is Soleil exclusive. It isn't?

HGH fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 26, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I've neutered my TGCid and put some MP gear on him. He can now DR once all five rounds. I'm encouraging everyone to do the same, make sure he has at least 240 MP before maxing ATK.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Not to whine about my luck pulling my good buddy Orlandu, but boy it hurt scavenging my TMRs off Noctis. Blade mastery, Excalibur, sakurafubuki, seal of destruction, all gone to let him burn dudes down with his holy fire. I don't have the heart to move power of creation off him yet

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

HGH posted:

Oh god how did I math so horribly wrong?

It did, and it's wrong! I had the same confusion with a friend when I tried to warn him about it and got told "lolnope". Battle hoop is open to anybody, it isn't a bad purchase for players with a CoD but haven't been able to clear that giant plant trial or anybody else who could use a decent throwing weapon.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

HGH posted:

I definitely have her equipped with battle hoop...

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Would Ultima be good to put on Emperor? I got that TMR a long time ago, and the next best thing I put on him in that slot is MAG +10%.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I now have a party of 4 people at 6*(Noctis, Chizuru, exdeath, Y'shtola) and a single 5*. Not bad considering I've played the game less than a month and not spent any money on it. My equipment rather sucks and my only TMRs are from the ifrit event.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

HGH posted:

Yeah, I'm still 10k from the katana, so I've been doing pros for myself most of the time, and swapping to gun for a bit o' damage. 95% dodge is NOT enough to solo elite. Gimme a few more hours!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh, sorry, I'm not complaining, I just thought I was being helpful. I don't need any particular friend units right now so please use whatever build you want.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Would Ultima be good to put on Emperor? I got that TMR a long time ago, and the next best thing I put on him in that slot is MAG +10%.

He already has Starfall, yea it can't be dual casted but at this point in the game I feel like Ultima goes on healers/supports to squeeze out that extra damage

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
So how much did Orlandu cost you, Hardbody? I noticed you didn't have him yesterday, but you do today.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Which deities do you people sacrifice to for getting something not blue crystals out of daily pulls ever :wtf:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

Which deities do you people sacrifice to for getting something not blue crystals out of daily pulls ever :wtf:

My Oldmandu wanted another half naked slave girl dancer for his harem, so that's how I got a gold Soleil this morning.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

MrLonghair posted:

I get golds all the time! the last three have been Mercedes! :smith:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
For those like me who don't have Y'shtola yet (like me), I have Orlandu on Ifrit. Wish more people did.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Fenrir posted:

For those like me who don't have Y'shtola yet (like me), I have Orlandu on Ifrit. Wish more people did.

Sorry, I need Bladeblitz for when chocobos show up.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Does Bladeblitz one-shot them? I thought it wouldn't with the red ones.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Nevermind

Palleon fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 26, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Could probably just throw Bushido Freedom on him for the chocobos.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ok I'll stop being a big meanie and put Ifrit back on my Bedile...muahahah!

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Fenrir posted:

Bullshit, no one believes there's a character you don't have yet.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got a Seven in the gacha. Whee.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The gacha is making GBS threads all over me. In addition to Bedile, it's tossed Medius, Rakshasa, Edge, and Cyan at me.

Stupid drat RNG.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
My Lightning is officially Ifrit-immune, for all you people needing to grind out a few more ELTs. now if you have NinjaD and myself you can probably have the raid orbs running all day.

fake edit: if you don't have me added ask and I'll clear room.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Dana Crysalis posted:

My Lightning is officially Ifrit-immune, for all you people needing to grind out a few more ELTs. now if you have NinjaD and myself you can probably have the raid orbs running all day.

Well your Lightning already handled Gilgamesh for me so why not solo Ifrit too. Thanks for this!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dana Crysalis posted:

Just started a NinjaD ELT grind. Will add you when it's done. Thanks!

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Kheldarn posted:

Just started a NinjaD ELT grind. Will add you when it's done. Thanks!

Saved you a little effort and tossed the invite your way so you can add it when you're outta the grind. :) (Besides I might be asleep by then)

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

just tried using your lightning and its esper is still on golem, not ifrit.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Y'shtola's TM finished, 3rd Minfilia TM almost finished, and.. 10 or 11 Thancred TMS finished. Only 50k points to go until the 10% moogle.

It also looks like to get everything I want from the FFT event I'd need around 200k event currency. Qucik math shows me that more than doable due to having a 500% bonus. Starting Monday it'll be 9-10 days of FFT grind. :confuoot:

Cartoon Man posted:

The chocobos aren't a threat. If you get three of them have each Orlandu use cleansing strike on different targets. Worst case scenario, you end up with 2 confused birds who will hit each other and then you finish them off the next turn and the survivor on the 3rd. :shrug:

Make a Soleil use provoke and watch her get pecked to death if you're worried about the Orlandus somehow dying.

Cartoon Man posted:

My Oldmandu wanted another half naked slave girl dancer for his harem, so that's how I got a gold Soleil this morning.

If running the FFT event as a pair of old men and their belly dancing troupe is wrong I don't want to be right.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
what the christ

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MohShuvuu posted:

what the christ

Usually these kind of glitches occur when you force a transition from an active Memu TM farm and try to play on a cell phone.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Y'shtola's TM finished, 3rd Minfilia TM almost finished, and.. 10 or 11 Thancred TMS finished. Only 50k points to go until the 10% moogle.

Did you not get enough moogs to do Y'shtola by the time you hit 1.2 mill? Because I had plenty to spare at that time. I intend to give her DW (two wands!) and Seven's TM should she find herself necessary to be brought into battle.

Dockworker
Feb 22, 2011

Just you wait, the union is gonna hear about this.

I want to thank this thread for providing so many friend codes. I was just able to run the following without running out of overpowered goon friends:

Full NRG bar ELT FFT event->5x Ifrit pro-> rank up ->Full NRG bar ELT FFT event -> 4x ifrit pro -> 1x ifrit elite

Truly, this has been a goon success story.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

MrLonghair posted:

Did you not get enough moogs to do Y'shtola by the time you hit 1.2 mill? Because I had plenty to spare at that time. I intend to give her DW (two wands!) and Seven's TM should she find herself necessary to be brought into battle.

I didn't get enough to finish her TM until after the 1.2m mark, no.

Just got my Moogle though. Might just farm on PRO for the last few days since it's still rank XP and I don't need another half dozen or so Thancred TMs. Probably.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
At this point I'm just selling most of the ifrit coins I get, as it turns out they bring in a good amount of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The dirt on Poach, and yes it stacks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/61lgf1/poach_buying_guide/

quote:

Poach is good to replace a 10% modifier if there is no secondary benefit like the HP and atk that are pretty much common now from thancred. Single wielding units will benefit the most so I'd pretty much only get this for Olive or if you have a unit with similar stats/mechanics and even then if there are going to be other monster types you probably would not want to waste the slot. It's cheap so getting a couple could be worth it to have for the right circumstances.

• Locked thread