Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Lol forever at bannon trying to browbeat congressmen and getting told to eat poo poo. He only wishes it was a dictatorship, but it's still the mob rule he rode into the house.

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/845635296607789056
:laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

This brightened my day, absolutely hysterical.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
How hard was Bannon force-choking the guy in his mind?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

HappyHippo posted:

Hadn't considered this. Considering how part of the reason that Trumpcare fell on its face is due to the needlessly rushed process, this doesn't bode well for their tax reform either.

Tax reform is just as hosed as everything else. To pass something with 50 votes they have to pass it with reconciliation and make it revenue neutral. They might have been able to do it while they were gutting the ACA, but they missed their chance. Now they're stuck trying to pay for the tax cuts by taking an axe to programs that are even more popular. If they try to pass the tax cuts alone, the Dems will filibuster.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

How hard was Bannon force-choking the guy in his mind?

Like a teenager masturbating to a naked photo of their crush from highschool who turned them down for prom.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

HappyHippo posted:

Yeah, although I think this one is more so on Ryan, who really is more responsible for this whole process, from the behind-closed-doors drafting of the bill, to the half-assed unveiling, to ramming through the committees, and the rushed vote in an attempt to push it through before anyone could really have a look at it. It was a terrible strategy. One wonders how he's going to approach tax reform now given this. You'd think he'd want to take it slower, bit he'll want to get a quick "win" too.

I'd be willing to bet Trump was pounding on him the whole time to get this poo poo done. He was really in a no win situation.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

McGlockenshire posted:

From Drudge gone lib??, a vanity thread posted by freeper bboop.

quote:

To: plain talk

[...]
I don’t know who to replace Ryan with. Newt is too spontaneous and burnt out. Gulianni is too old. I’ve thought of Bannon, but I don’t see him as a Management type.
Bannon is more a rowdy back bencher, who guilds by proxy.
I could be fully wrong. Priebus has strategic knowledge, but seems too weak for that Speaker role.
I guess Mitt is out of the question?

23 posted on 3/25/2017, 8:37:37 AM by lee martell

How delusional do you have to be to be only floating potential Speakers who aren't members of Congress? I mean, technically anyone can be Speaker, they don't need to be a member of the House but it's never happened and I don't see any Congress ever voting for Stephen loving Bannon as the speaker.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Helen Highwater posted:

How delusional do you have to be to be only floating potential Speakers who aren't members of Congress? I mean, technically anyone can be Speaker, they don't need to be a member of the House but it's never happened and I don't see any Congress ever voting for Stephen loving Bannon as the speaker.

Remember freep hates Congress because government bad and can't do anything right so he's floating outsiders. Since that worked so well for them for president.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Future history classes are going to have a very difficult time explaining how Nancy Pelosi became speaker of the house during the Trump administration.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Manuel Calavera posted:

Nope, related fandom with a lot of crossover. Both of them have an undercurrent of Anti-Skeleton Pepe lovers.

skeleton?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Kurtofan posted:

skeleton?

There is a plug in that replaces SJW with skeleton, and somewhere along the way, it became a joke name here for the boogeyman SJW that they oppose.

So, anti-SJW but the alt-right's mental image of a SJW.

Prism fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 26, 2017

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Freep should really have a running thread devoted to Trump's tweets. Savoring and deciphering the verbal droppings of the Master. Do they? Are any of them even on Twitter?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

McGlockenshire posted:

This was :stare: as gently caress until I read the username.

Hahaha, they just can't help themselves. They always come back to praising Pinochet.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Hey, I'm doing some research and I'm looking for Freep posts/comments from spring/summer 2006. Is there a way to go right to that, or should I just accept that the lovely layout will make it impossible and save myself the headache?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
There is always more, and it is always worse

Feinne posted:

Future history classes are going to have a very difficult time explaining how Nancy Pelosi became speaker of the house during the Trump administration.

To be fair there's a lot of things that future history classes are going to have a difficult time explaining about the Trump administration.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

House speaker pelosi might be all of my dreams

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Jagged Jim posted:

There is always more, and it is always worse

To be fair there's a lot of things that future history classes are going to have a difficult time explaining about the Trump administration.

Professor_Maclaine's Brief History of the United States, Vol. II
Chapter 15: Just a Giant Load of Crazy Bullshit: The Trump Year(s)

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

DivisionPost posted:

Hey, I'm doing some research and I'm looking for Freep posts/comments from spring/summer 2006. Is there a way to go right to that, or should I just accept that the lovely layout will make it impossible and save myself the headache?

One thing to do is find a major headline from that era from a news source freep will trust, then enter that headline into google along with the text "site:freerepublic.com"

If you find an appropriate link, take a look at the URL bar. For example, the currently top link on the second page is:

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3538165/posts

See the 3538165 there? That's the thread number. Freep's forum index pagination operates off of thread numbers, so you can just take that number and plug it into the index URL. This URL will lead to a page of threads with that thread at the top:

http://freerepublic.com/tag/*/index?more=3538165

Failing that method, just subtract from the thread id. They're a sequential integer. Swap 3538165 with 1538165 and you'll find December of 2005, for example. There's a fun 1000 post long thread there about an oil storage terminal explosion in England, if you want to see a demonstration that they've pretty much always had a raging boner for potential terrorism. The actual cause seems to be a tank overflowing and finding an open flame.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

McGlockenshire posted:

One thing to do is find a major headline from that era from a news source freep will trust, then enter that headline into google along with the text "site:freerepublic.com"

If you find an appropriate link, take a look at the URL bar. For example, the currently top link on the second page is:

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3538165/posts

See the 3538165 there? That's the thread number. Freep's forum index pagination operates off of thread numbers, so you can just take that number and plug it into the index URL. This URL will lead to a page of threads with that thread at the top:

http://freerepublic.com/tag/*/index?more=3538165

Failing that method, just subtract from the thread id. They're a sequential integer. Swap 3538165 with 1538165 and you'll find December of 2005, for example. There's a fun 1000 post long thread there about an oil storage terminal explosion in England, if you want to see a demonstration that they've pretty much always had a raging boner for potential terrorism. The actual cause seems to be a tank overflowing and finding an open flame.

I literally JUST managed to figure this out for myself. Thank you so much!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

It was a long time coming but Trump will be cited as when America stopped being a super power or whatever
Like there was a long decline to the Republic that make it weak enough to let Caeser roll in

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prism posted:

There is a plug in that replaces SJW with skeleton, and somewhere along the way, it became a joke name here for the boogeyman SJW that they oppose.

So, anti-SJW but the alt-right's mental image of a SJW.

And I've had the plugin for so long, that I haven't even seen SJW for *so long*, at least on my desktop.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It was a long time coming but Trump will be cited as when America stopped being a super power or whatever
Like there was a long decline to the Republic that make it weak enough to let Caeser roll in

So what you're saying is, the backlash to Trump will render America substantially more illiberal politically, but also fairly multicultural and extraordinarily expansionist? And also Barron Trump will be emperor.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Sooooooo,
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/845974102619906048

Donald John loving Trump posted:

Democrats are smiling in D.C. that the Freedom Caucus, with the help of Club For Growth and Heritage, have saved Planned Parenthood & Ocare!

Both Heritage and the Club are recipients of Koch funding, and we know that the Kochs don't like Trump, so attacking them makes some degree of sense at first... but at the same time, those groups have also funded Tea Party operations that lead to the HFC existing. We know that freep wants to like the HFC, but there are some serious doubts about them now. If freep did not fully back Trump, him attacking the HFC and their funding would raise some serious alarms.

The big question is how freep will react. Will they instantaneously adapt to the new party line, or will they retain some measure of independent thought? Let's find out.

From Trump Tweet: Dems Are Smiling That The Freedom Caucus Has Saved Planned Parenthood & Ocare! posted by freeper nhwingut

quote:

To: nhwingut

Yeah, don’t know how smartit is for Trump to attack the people he is attacking, unless his goal is a 15% approval rating.

3 posted on 3/26/2017, 7:51:06 AM by Tea Party Terrorist (Why work for a living when you can vote for a living?)

quote:

I am a yuge Trump supporter, but in this case he is WRONG! The blame rests on Ryan, Priebus and the ever present Demonrats disguised as “moderate” Republicans. Trump needlessly squanders political capital by trashing the very same members of Congress who are his most consistent supporters.

6 posted on 3/26/2017, 7:53:54 AM by TheConservativeBanker

quote:

Dear Mr. President,

Did you actually READ the RynoCare bill?

Please do so now, and then apologize to the Freedom Caucus and THANK THEM for saving you and the Republic from having RynoCare hung around our necks.

7 posted on 3/26/2017, 7:55:02 AM by Henchster (Free Republic - the BEST site on the web!)

Words I never expected to hear from freep.

quote:

To: Tea Party Terrorist

It is true, we will never have the great opportunity to defund PP as we had on this bill. That one is out the window. Nobody is ever going to get everything they want. Ryan was an idiot for the way he handled things and the Freedom Caucus was selfish and unreasonable for the way they handled it too. You go into negotiation with your offer, when it’s accepted you keep your word. That didn’t happen, every time they won a point they came up with another.

The thing is, all of them have to understand how the world works. You live with people with different ideas so you go for as much as you can get, but you have to be smart enough to know when you are not going to get any more.

9 posted on 3/26/2017, 7:56:50 AM by McGavin999

quote:

Trump will be down to 40% in a week. He’s crapping on the very people who were enthusiastic and joining at the hip with those who wanted to destroy his candidacy. Dumb. Just dumb.

15 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:00:05 AM by ilgipper

Ah yes, here we go...

quote:

To: TheConservativeBanker

I am a yuge Trump supporter, but in this case he is WRONG!

No your not a Trump supporter when your in opposition to him your logic is flawed.

18 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:01:43 AM by MagillaX

quote:

To: Tea Party Terrorist

He didn’t leave his comfy life for approval ratings. He wants to do things. The first people who are willing to take him up on his offer are going to have their ideas pushed forward. I think the freedom caucus is in for a surprise if they think they are going to get their way on healthcare because of this.

24 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:06:46 AM by wiseprince

Original formatting.

quote:

I'm going to call President Trump out on this one because this is nothing more than blatant political fraud. Consider this:

1. We were told that the GOP House bill could not include a repeal and comprehensive overhaul of ObamaCare because they didn't have 60 votes in the Senate to pass such a bill. Because of this limitation, the House drafted a half-assed "fix" bill that left most of ObamaCare intact.

2. Now, we have the President of the United States and many of the supporters of the Ryan bill criticizing the Freedom Caucus members and their supporters for allowing the Federal funding of Planned Parenthood to continue under ObamaCare.

There is no way in hell the U.S. Senate would ever approve a health care reform bill that defunded Planned Parenthood. There aren't even 50 REPUBLICANS in the U.S. Senate who would support such a thing.

Sorry, Mr. President -- but I'm calling BULLSHIT on this one.

25 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:06:47 AM by Alberta's Child (President Donald J. Trump ... Making America Great Again, 140 Characters at a Time)

quote:

Ugh. He still just doesn’t get it. Apparently either doesn’t care or can’t tell the difference between repeal and rename.

And yes, I find it offensive that his first attempt at legislation has him going after the Freedom Caucus, Jim DeMint, etc. Also, his bogus arguments and claims about Obamacare 2.0 and its passage are doubly offensive.

Other than on immigration, Bannon isn’t looking like he’s got a clue increasingly either. And we know that Priebus and Ryan are foul.

Man, am I just in a snarly mood about all this. I am increasingly feeling as if our country is sunk.

26 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:07:21 AM by 9YearLurker

Wow. 1999 regdate.

quote:

To: Rome2000

Trump values loyalty

Totalitarian schmucks.

28 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:09:17 AM by aspasia

quote:

To: ilgipper

“He’s crapping on the very people who were enthusiastic and joining at the hip with those who wanted to destroy his candidacy”

I think you’re right. Instead of attacking FC publicly he should take a good look at why they wouldn’t go for this.
For the most part those of us who thought this bill was a POS were Trumps strongest supporters. He needs to be careful he cannot lose any of his base they are all he has.

29 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:09:22 AM by gibsonguy

Good: freep seems to have some grasp on reality still. Bad: that's not what dog whistle means.

quote:

Trump was for PP before he was against it. He is using it as dog whistle to get the pro life crowd barking. But it will end up being funded just like NPR etc.

31 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:10:17 AM by Emergencyawesome

Wow. 2002 regdate.

quote:

To: 9YearLurker

Yeah, this was real unhelpful. Mean-spirited, too, which I’ve never seen out of him.

34 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:11:22 AM by txhurl

quote:

Oh, good. Like a good little Republican, Trump has joined the circular firing squad.

Gross.

36 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:13:11 AM by JenB987

Freep opinions: "GRAB THEM BY THE PUSSY" is no problem, but attacking fellow Republicans is a high crime.

quote:

To: 9YearLurker

He’s going against the only actual conservatives in Congress for not having backed a bill that has a 17% approval rating.

It's shocking how many people right here on FreeRepublic don't get something this simple, either.

37 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:14:07 AM by Alberta's Child (President Donald J. Trump ... Making America Great Again, 140 Characters at a Time)

lol, k

quote:

He is playing 4D chess and wants to light a fire under their a$$ so this doesn’t happen again...

38 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:14:08 AM by conservative98

:psyduck:

quote:

To: ground_fog

**Club For Growth and Heritage**

Funded by Soros?

41 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:16:12 AM by Salvation ("With God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26)

Jesus, even renowned shitbag dp0622 is displeased.

quote:

I’m astounded that many here think the Freedom Caucus was asking for too much.

Illegals to not get benefits? Good Lord!

Being able to offer insurance across state lines? Treason!

And the Idea that corrections for the BETTER were going to be made down the line are hysterical!

I’m still very glad I voted for Trump and he won and I like many things he has done.

But he’s not a conservative. He’s a common sense (on most issues) populist.

I’m not a “purist”. This bill was a POS and many here are thrilled to have a slightly lesser (POS).

The example of stating “what if the progressives had wanted single payer or nothing” doesn’t hold water.

They got the vast majority of what they wanted in that bill.

Ryan’s bill wasn’t conservative in ANY way, shape or form.

Trump threw in with Ryan, and right now I’m not feeling that good about Trump.

And I believe a lot of others will feel the same way and it will be reflected in polls.

I am ####ed for another year with my healthcare. And I was ####ed with Ryan/TrumpCare

He’s a moderate. It is what it is.

42 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:16:22 AM by dp0622 (The only thing an upper crust cIonservative hates more than a liberal is a middle class conservative)

quote:

Where are the votes to show who opposed Ryancare? This was an exercise in cutting the conservatives off at the knees and empowering rinos.

45 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:16:51 AM by Yogafist

quote:

..an impulsive, bad tweet. Trump must have been CONVINCED that this lump of clay would have become a vase at the end of the process. The Freedom Caucus had no assurance that there would be a true repeal/replace with this bill. I agree with their actions and the president is wrong...

46 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:17:13 AM by WalterSkinner ( In Memory of My Father--WWII Vet and Patriot 1926-2007)

But why do spooky scary skeletons need healthcare? They're skeletons.

quote:

To: WhatNot

You really need to find new material... Lying Ryan, is the one who secretly put together this bill.. it was his purpose to NOT end Ted Kennedy -social justice- healthcare... I have no problem this bill fell around Lying Ryan's ankles.

47 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:18:05 AM by Just mythoughts

quote:

To: MountainWalker

I agree completely. The democrats will never support anything but single payer for medicare for all going forward. That’s where they are driving this.

The only true constant in US politics is that the dems run their party like a drug cartel and keep their members in line - they focus on the same goals, use the same sound bites, and stay on message and if you violate those they off you or threaten you in the shower and then destroy your career.

The more I’ve tried to think this thru politically, I say better to take a partial bite out of it now with phase 1, let Price do phase 2 thereafter, and drop phase 3 into the mix when the infrastructure bill is circulating.

Anyone who thinks the day when Obamacare collapses and premiums are twice as high as they are now will yield a true free market solution like what the FC is holding out for is dreaming. The political will is not there with 75% of Congress and never will be.

Perhaps many will argue with me on this, but a wise man once said the closest thing to eternal life on this earth is a government program.

As much as I think the 3 phase concept is clunky and hard to market, it was the most pragmatic approach to negotiating a deal. It was a take what you can get approach. Those who forced everyone to walk away from the table will regret that day because less is to be gained in the future in my estimation.

49 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:18:30 AM by RightInTheMain

quote:

To: MagillaX

I have no illusions that Trump is or ever will be a traditional conservative. I knew he would eventually say or do things that would infuriate me, but the alternative was Hillary. I gambled Trump would at least keep some of his promises, Gorsuch being An example. Pro-abortion and gun control are the deal breakers for me.

50 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:20:07 AM by sarge83

This was bold and underlined.

quote:

To: Just mythoughts

GOT HYPOCRISY?

FREEDOM CAUCUS MAJORITY BACKS PAUL RYAN FOR HOUSE SPEAKER

52 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:22:10 AM by WhatNot (The Gospel doesn't promise the American dream, it promises Eternal life in the Kingdom of God.)

quote:

Big Mistake, Trump. Big. As in Bigly. You will crash and burn going to war against conservatives.

I’ve been waiting for Trump to purge the RINO’s and the Deep State. Still waiting. The clock is ticking....

53 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:22:33 AM by TTFlyer

I don't usually consider freeper Alberta's Child as one of the more reasonable ones, but here we are.

quote:

To: MountainWalker

Fact is, our reconciliation options for dismantling Obamacare are extremely limited with 51 votes. People who want our ideal plan are kidding themselves if they think Schumer is going to waive it on through.

I understand that. I'm not even asking for an "ideal plan." I'm looking for something that does more than change 20% of Obamacare at best.

My own Congressman announced that he was going to vote against the plan -- and he's at the opposite end of the political spectrum from the Freedom Caucus. He was opposed to it because only 16% of his constituents supported it.

Who in their right mind would ever criticize ANY member of Congress from EITHER political party for voting against a bill that had such piss-poor public support?

55 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:23:48 AM by Alberta's Child (President Donald J. Trump ... Making America Great Again, 140 Characters at a Time)

There's not a lot of Trump support in this thread right now.

quote:

Respectfully, they saved your butt President Trump.

You were about to put your signature on something even worse than Obamacare.

Count your blessings.

61 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:26:51 AM by Lorianne

Freeper jafojeffsurf has been showing up a lot lately, haven't they. This post is remarkably similar sounding to the last. In fact, it might even be identical.

quote:

To those saying take it down in steps. You are repeating the same advice that has gone NOWHERE or 50+ Years. Name any Government program that has been reduced and eliminated. Also those saying there will be consequences for eliminating Obamacare! Of Course there are consequences to embracing Evil! But that does not mean you do not take your medicine and correct that Wrong! We have so much medicine we will be taking for so much that we have allowed to occur it will be amazing if any of our souls find their way to heaven...

REPEAL PERIOD, Should have been completed ALREADY!!!

Sad thing is so many here (Free Republic) whom years ago said the Federal Government had No Authority for it to begin with are many of those cheering on the Ryan/Trump bill! (They will play the same game as the DNC, slip it in when they think there is less watching it).

Don’t be a Fool! So many have Willfully believe Trump was going to Repeal Obamacare. But they Payed No Attention!

Wake Up Trump is NOT being Played, He is part of the Players!

Trump is in on Big Government... It just needs to be in his Favor... He NEVER was going to REPEAL Obamacare!
Remember when I ask well before Trump was elected and was still running for the GOP, What do you think He is going to do? I ask people to Document what they though he was going to do, what he stood for, Yet No One would record what Trump Stood for or what He was going to do. Its because He has been and always was ALL OVER the Place.

I Say Again the Federal Government HAS to be SLAYED! There is No Fixing it for the Beast is now in Total Control and it will not go away, thus it has to be removed!

Return to God, His Order and a Moral people or continue as Slaves to the Beast and Much Darker Days Ahead!

The Enemy is within and until we deal with that Enemy we will Never be able to Deal with the Enemy’s outside the Nation.

Know this:

Return to God, a Moral people and Christendom! Anything Else if for Not! When you see the reunification of Christians into the One True Faith the Holy and Apostolic Catholic Church the End to the Darkness will be Assured... Until then PRAY for All the Lost Souls!

God Bless

64 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:28:24 AM by jafojeffsurf (Return to the Christendom, A Moral People, and Return to a Nation/s UNDER God!)

quote:

Is anyone else at FR concerned that it is the conservatives Trump goes after? He didn’t take a swing ONE TIME, at Ryan or the mushy moderates that just want to continue this big gov debacle.

He tweets to watch Jeannine Pirro and she lays it out that Ryan is to blame, but then he comes out this AM to say the freedom caucus is to blame.

It worries me that Trump does not have a committed grasp of solid constitutional values which include shunning these bloated government programs, that include this ryan health care bill.

72 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:35:52 AM by spacejunkie2001
So let's talk about that Pirro thing. Yesterday Trump tweeted out that everyone should watch her show that evening. At the time he tweeted that, Fox News was running a promo countdown to her show promising she'd have wiretap evidence. It's far more likely that he was referring to that countdown instead of intending to promote her eventual lead story. This created a huge controversy on journo twitter as everyone started a panic circlejerk about Fox News continuing to slide towards being state-run media, etc, etc. We should assume incompetence first instead of malice here, especially given that Trump keeps trying to say he supports Ryan.

quote:

To: TheConservativeBanker; nhwingut

“Trump needlessly squanders political capital by trashing the very same members of Congress who are his most consistent supporters.”

As well as his most ardent supporters, especially here in FR.

I just hope he doesn’t turn into another Arnold and go over to the Rats side.
I remember how excited all the California conservatives were when Ahnold was elected, and how dejected they became when he got in bed with the liberals and took on their positions.

76 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:39:34 AM by aquila48

quote:

To: jafojeffsurf

“To those saying take it down in steps. You are repeating the same advice that has gone NOWHERE or 50+ Years. Name any Government program that has been reduced and eliminated”

And those people whose whole plan is a repeal.....and then walk away, seem to forget that there are millions of people that were forced into this thing through no choice of their own, who now have nothing to return to.

Every time I ask, I get boilerplate replies like “the free market”.

Never mind the fact that the insurance companies wrote Obamacare in hopes of making billions off of forced insurance plans, and never mind the fact that people now insurance-less will now be forced to buy from these same companies that will be waiting with sky-high premiums because a windfall of Americans will need to buy new insurance.

While Ryancare was not a great plan, the virtue signalers on the other side seem to think that they dont have to have any thing but a slogan.

78 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:41:55 AM by VanDeKoik

I will never tire of names like this.

quote:

Trump better get rid of Beta Butt Boy Ryan. If not, Trump ain't as smart as he thinks he is.

85 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:46:11 AM by Chgogal (I will NOT submit, therefore, Jihadists hate me.)

quote:

After this tweet, I have a feeling that his next rally may not be so well attended.

87 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:48:07 AM by aquila48

quote:

To: Henchster

I’m not sure why ‘our side’ is so eager to take the responsibility for the morass of legislation that is ocare. And for the President to demand lemming-like lock step from independent minded conservatives who have principled objections is silly.

88 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:48:54 AM by Conservative_caterer (Support Donald Trump! The Republic needs you!)

quote:

To: Tax-chick

It is true; the next deal is with the Democrats for the people. The freedom caucus is cancerous to conservatism when they cannot make a deal with President Trump, Vice President Pence, and their own party. The caucus sold us out to the Democrats. They are out of their league and are unable or unwilling to be part of a governing coalition. Thus, President Trump and his very conservative team have to turn to the Democrats and the result will be less conservative than what the caucus turned down.

92 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:53:46 AM by af_vet_1981 (The bus came by and I got on, That's when it all began.)

One more rare defense of Trump in this thread.

quote:

The freedom caucus needs to realize they work for Trump! The people want the TRUMP AGENDA!!!! The bill was 3 phases....either you beleive in Trump or you dont! I see ZERO reason to doubt him.

95 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:55:11 AM by rwoodward ("god, guns and more ammo")

But it gets smacked down right away.

quote:

To: rwoodward

They don’t work for Trump - they wrk for the voters that put them in office.

97 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:56:31 AM by meyer (The Constitution says what it says, and it doesn't say what it doesn't say.)

quote:

To: rwoodward

"The freedom caucus needs to realize they work for Trump! The people want the TRUMP AGENDA!!!! The bill was 3 phases....either you beleive in Trump or you dont! I see ZERO reason to doubt him."

That is cult of personality.

100 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:58:51 AM by UnwashedPeasant (I told you so)

quote:

No, what the Democrats are smiling about is, That Obamacare is repealed and replaced this tear[2017] They will regain control of Congress in the Mid Term elections. Why and how? Because most Conservative Republicans, saying I am tired of getting screwed by the Republican Party, will stay home on election day. As a bonus, they also know if they can delay President Trump’s agenda, and with the help of the Establishment Republicans, they can until the end of 2017, come 2021 they will occupy the White House one more time. Again, why and how? Again, Conservatives, for the most part, will stay their butts home on election day. It does not do us any good to vote. Our votes don’t count for crap. The Establishment Republicans have told us one more time to go to hell. Even the abused wife has a limit to the abuse she will take.

101 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:59:21 AM by sport

quote:

To: LS

As can be seen on these threads today, the unattainable immediate "perfect" continues to be the enemy of the attainable incrementally "acceptable." After all these years watching Iowa "conservatives/fundamentalists" overreach while GOP shiny pants brigades "underwhelm," this seems like familiar territory.

In any event, may Paul Ryan soon become the "formerly elected official but now paid registered lobbyist" which he so clearly was born to be.

104 posted on 3/26/2017, 9:02:04 AM by niteowl77

2003 regdate.

quote:

To: aquila48

After this tweet, I have a feeling that his next rally may not be so well attended

From now on I'll not be streaming his speeches, I'll read the highlights on the internet. Trump's new buddies (Ryan and McConnell) are (and have long been) a couple of nevertrump (always siding with democrats) snakes. What's next, partnerships with McCain and Graham? My elected representative is a (conservative) Freedom Caucus member and I stand with (and am proud of) him.

105 posted on 3/26/2017, 9:03:29 AM by MamaDearest

quote:

“Trump will be down to 40% in a week. He’s crapping on the very people who were enthusiastic and joining at the hip with those who wanted to destroy his candidacy. Dumb. Just dumb.”

Totally agree. It was the moderates that turned on Trump during the final weeks/months of the election (when he was the only candidate!), not the conservatives. It was RYAN that lambasted him. Graham, McLame, yada yada. It was not the conservatives.

Now when a bill gets submitted that is no different than what a far left liberal would produce, he goes after the RIGHT not the left in the party.

I’m concerned....

107 posted on 3/26/2017, 9:10:36 AM by spacejunkie2001

1999 regdate, also a reminder that freep does timed bans more often than permabans.

quote:

To: Alberta's Child

Sorry, Mr. President -- but I'm calling BULLSHIT on this one.

Be careful, this very big Trump supporter got zotted for calling out Trump when Trump appeared to be going wobbly on illegal immigration. (Ann Coulter was calling him on it at the time too). Just saying.

109 posted on 3/26/2017, 9:16:31 AM by jpsb (Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied. Otto von Bismark)

Sorry to break the news to you, freeper CincyRichieRich, but you are probably smarter than Trump.

quote:

I for one admit I do not know all the moves President Trump is playing here. The tweet seems inappropriate, however, the crappy bill would not have been put forth if the FC didn’t support Ryan for SOTH, so...it goes back to my statement, I don’t understand but will trust Trump will be smarter than I and smarter than them.

113 posted on 3/26/2017, 9:26:55 AM by CincyRichieRich (Drain the swamp. Build the wall. Open the Pizzagate. I refuse to inhabit any safe space.)

quote:

To: spacejunkie2001; LS

Yeah, I’m not seeing how stirring the $hitpot is real helpful right now. I know there’s a reason, and I can think of many for him to say this, but it still looks petty and mean. Somebody must have pi$$ed him off pretty good.

121 posted on 3/26/2017, 9:31:57 AM by txhurl

2003 regdate.

quote:

To: spacejunkie2001

Trump shifted right to win the election. His natural instinct for most of his life was liberal. I think he’s simply reverting to his precampaign positions. Ivanka and Jarod are accelerating the change.

And yes I voted for him because he’s better than Hillary. But I was never fooled that he was a conservative.

131 posted on 3/26/2017, 10:09:02 AM by Alcibiades (Save the Republic.)

quote:

To: Stopthethreat

President Trump,

We love and support you and believe that you are a great leader similar to General Patton. However, we’re not delusional and think you are a conservative or ideologue. Your support of socialized healthcare and criticisms of the Freedom Caucus are disturbing. You are completely on the wrong side on this issue. Government should get the hell out of healthcare! I sure hope and pray you will turn 180 degrees on this issue and support a full repeal of ObamaCare.

Nevertheless, we are very thankful of the outcome of the election and believe you will be a great president. You have already started draining the swamp and changing politics as usual. That being said, we the American people are going to hold you accountable. BTW, did you see how the Freedom Caucus cheered for you and gave you a standing ovation when you met with them? Awesome! You can criticize and ridicule us if you want Mr. President, but we will continue to cheer you on because, on the whole, we know that you really do want to MAGA! We are a forgiving people, but we really want you to succeed even if we don’t see eye to eye on every issue. Did we mention that we love and support you?

Sincerely,
Patriotic Americans

132 posted on 3/26/2017, 10:11:06 AM by salmon76

quote:

To: salmon76

So where is the hard core repeal only text that can get 60 votes from a 2017 Senate. Or even emerge from a 2017 House?
All those previous votes were for bills that could not become law, so lots of votes were cast that had no cost to them. No one blames anyone for a vote cast for something that didn’t become law.

But now you face a Senate that would filibuster. So where is your text to get 60?

Chest beating ideology doesn’t get legislation to the President’s desk.

Y’all are wallowing in an ideology echo chamber here where you’re not required to govern. But with a majority, you have to govern, now. So where is the legislation that will get 60? Or even 50 Senators, with at least 2 likely to lose their seats next year. Where is it?

134 posted on 3/26/2017, 10:16:27 AM by Owen

quote:

To: Tax-chick

So Trump is going to throw in with Ryan over conservatives? If so, get ready from Obama’s third terman to finish off the country via Amnesty.

136 posted on 3/26/2017, 10:18:59 AM by GOPe Means Bend Over Spell Run (GO GALT - VOTE TRUMP!!!)

Absolutely shocking to see this on freep. October 2016 regdate, though.

quote:

Stating the obvious here, but Trump is not your typical politician nor conservative. He is about results first in my opinion.

If the FC doesn’t work with him on a center-right solution, he will move to the left and find 20-30 democrats who will deliver a center or center-left solution.

He sees Obamacare as far left, pushing into single payer so to him any solution with movement right is an improvement. Which I think is true.

I love Trump because he is a tiger with his own stripes, but over the next 4 years I believe there will be moments where he goes left to get things done and I’m going to have to trust him to get the most he can out of every negotiation.

I’d love a full on repeal with everything they talked about before elections, but the political will is not there in 75% of Congress and this is as conservative of a government you will see for the next 50 years.

I say be pragmatic politically and take what you can get.

138 posted on 3/26/2017, 10:20:10 AM by RightInTheMain

So the majority of the thread doesn't like that Trump is calling out the HFC, and most are willing to criticize him for it. Many are also criticizing the HFC, though. There's a small minority of people that defend Trump here. But what's astounded me most here is how often freepers are bringing up the necessity of negotiations and compromise while playing politics. How quickly they seem to have forgotten their position for the past eight years of doing nothing but opposing and refusing to budge on any ideological issue.

I think this has broken freep a little.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I'm still a bit flabbergasted that after all the poo poo Trump said about Jeb, Rubio and Cruz during the primaries and Clinton during the general election that any freeper could say they have never seen anything mean spirited from him prior to him tweeting about the HFC. Jesus wept.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Zwabu posted:

I'm still a bit flabbergasted that after all the poo poo Trump said about Jeb, Rubio and Cruz during the primaries and Clinton during the general election that any freeper could say they have never seen anything mean spirited from him prior to him tweeting about the HFC. Jesus wept.

Tribalism.

Freep is part of the HFC tribe so seeing them attacked by a member of their tribe feels like a betrayal. The rest of the party is RINOs, not part of tribe, so its okay for their tribe to attack them.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

This is all happening so fast. I can't handle all this winning

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

McGlockenshire posted:

quote:

To those saying take it down in steps. You are repeating the same advice that has gone NOWHERE or 50+ Years. Name any Government program that has been reduced and eliminated. Also those saying there will be consequences for eliminating Obamacare! Of Course there are consequences to embracing Evil! But that does not mean you do not take your medicine and correct that Wrong! We have so much medicine we will be taking for so much that we have allowed to occur it will be amazing if any of our souls find their way to heaven...

"Of course bad things will happen when we repeal Obamacare! But that's the fault of Obamacare! If we just endure like good Christians, then we'll magically become Libertopia once God has punished us enough for trying to help the poor and sick!"

This is what insanity looks like.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

Sooooooo,
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/845974102619906048

Both Heritage and the Club are recipients of Koch funding, and we know that the Kochs don't like Trump, so attacking them makes some degree of sense at first... but at the same time, those groups have also funded Tea Party operations that lead to the HFC existing. We know that freep wants to like the HFC, but there are some serious doubts about them now. If freep did not fully back Trump, him attacking the HFC and their funding would raise some serious alarms.

Please guys, stop winning, we can't handle this much winni....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you dumb fuckers

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

quote:

No, what the Democrats are smiling about is, That Obamacare is repealed and replaced this tear[2017] They will regain control of Congress in the Mid Term elections. Why and how? Because most Conservative Republicans, saying I am tired of getting screwed by the Republican Party, will stay home on election day. As a bonus, they also know if they can delay President Trump’s agenda, and with the help of the Establishment Republicans, they can until the end of 2017, come 2021 they will occupy the White House one more time. Again, why and how? Again, Conservatives, for the most part, will stay their butts home on election day. It does not do us any good to vote. Our votes don’t count for crap. The Establishment Republicans have told us one more time to go to hell. Even the abused wife has a limit to the abuse she will take.

101 posted on 3/26/2017, 8:59:21 AM by sport

Man, wouldn't that be just the loving best? Let the Republicans be the 'nothing matters' depressed turnout side for a change (also forever).

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lprsti99 posted:

Man, wouldn't that be just the loving best? Let the Republicans be the 'nothing matters' depressed turnout side for a change (also forever).

To be fair it's likely forever for a lot of those Freepers since they're old, fat, unhealthy sacks of hatred who won't make it to 2024.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
What I keep having trouble with is this idea freep keeps bouncing around that the GOP is in league with democrats. Like, how does that benefit them? What does Paul Ryan get out of "pretending" to be a Randian, but in secret kneeling to Lord Soros, the true sith puppetmaster of the US government?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

He's part of the cabal's fake, controlled opposition. If he gets enough dark power Satan will regrow his dick.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Keeshhound posted:

What I keep having trouble with is this idea freep keeps bouncing around that the GOP is in league with democrats. Like, how does that benefit them? What does Paul Ryan get out of "pretending" to be a Randian, but in secret kneeling to Lord Soros, the true sith puppetmaster of the US government?

It's part of this idea that both parties are really just manipulating the public by pretending to be enemies while they work together to loot the country for personal gain. Interestingly enough it's a common idea on both the extreme left and extreme right, though they think the goal of the "uniparty" is different depend on which side's conspiracy theory you listen to.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

If conservatism weren't always full of traitors sabotaging conservatism, then we'd have to consider that any of the failures we see might possibly indicate some problems with conservatism itself, and we can't have that.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Conservatism must suck if it constantly attracts these sabotaging idiots

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Ted Koppel tells Sean Hannity he is bad for America posted by freeper ButThreeLeftsDo

quote:

“We have to give some credit to the American people that they’re somewhat intelligent and that they know the difference between an opinion show and a news show,” Hannity said. “You’re cynical.”

“I am cynical,” said Koppel.

“Do you think we’re bad for America? You think I’m bad for America?”

“Yeah.”

“You do? Really?”

“In the long haul I think you and all these opinion shows --”

“That’s sad, Ted. That’s sad.”

“No, you know why? Because you’re very good at what you do, and because you have attracted a significantly more influential --”

“You are selling the American people short.”

“No, let me finish the sentence before you do that.”

“I’m listening. With all due respect. Take the floor.”

“You have attracted people who are determined that ideology is more important than facts.”

In a series of tweets, Hannity later accused CBS of offering “Fake Edited News.”

quote:

To: ButThreeLeftsDo

The mainstream media is bad for America, and they’re not happy that people have more alternatives to them than they used to.

2 posted on 3/26/2017, 3:31:05 PM by Trump20162020

quote:

I feel the same way about Koppel. How you view Koppel and Hannity depends on whether you’re a communist or an American.

9 posted on 3/26/2017, 3:33:26 PM by FlingWingFlyer (I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it. - Clint Eastwood)

quote:

(SH) “I’m listening. With all due respect. Take the floor.”

(TK) “You have attracted people who are determined that ideology is more important than facts.”

Pure unadulterated Industrial Strength projection.

20 posted on 3/26/2017, 3:37:58 PM by TLI ( ITINERIS IMPENDEO VALHALLA)

quote:

To: Trump20162020

Koppel is not happy that people still think differently from the Acceptable PC. I guess the schools have not been effective enough.

25 posted on 3/26/2017, 3:42:12 PM by arthurus

:psyduck:

quote:

Liberals always try to silence any opposite views. If this doesn’t work, Ted will try to destroy Sean. That’s the fringe lunatic liberal way.

38 posted on 3/26/2017, 3:48:58 PM by Sasparilla ( I'm Not tired of Winning)

So do they keep like a horrible_liberal_quotes.txt or something?

quote:

“Punish your enemies”
“get in their faces”
“I won”
“You can’t listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done”
“Back of the bus”
“They bring a knife we bring a gun”
“Space to destroy”
“Burn this bitch down”
“Fundamentally Transform”
“Make them uncomfortable”

46 posted on 3/26/2017, 3:55:46 PM by Organic Panic (Flinging poo is not a valid argument)

quote:

To: A CA Guy

Exactly. Hannity makes it abundantly clear that he is a commentator, not a journalist and he is a conservative. No one is being misled watching Sean.

He goes an extra mile and gives liberals a platform to make fools of themselves.

Koppel, otoh, makes believe he is a “journalist” which implies objectivity. That makes him dangerous. In truth, he is pushing a leftist agenda but refusing to own up to it.

Sean, because of his candor, cannot be a threat. Koppel, because of his deception, is by very definition, a threat.

49 posted on 3/26/2017, 3:56:38 PM by jazminerose (Adorable Deplorable)

It should come as no surprise to find this opinion on freep, and yet...

quote:

I still remember the night Koeppel took the word of a Lieutenant in the North Vietnam Army over the word of Swift Boat Vets from his own country because he desperately wanted to help John “Genghis” Kerry. He’s been dead to me since.

51 posted on 3/26/2017, 3:58:04 PM by ez ("Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is." - Milton)

On one hand this could totally be a stdh, but on the other hand it's so tiny and unimportant that it may be true.

quote:

To: GuavaCheesePuff

Ted is married to my Uncle’s bothers daughter Grace Ann. I can remember as a kid listening to the family talk about this guy she married, and being so aghast that he was Jewish. All that talk stopped after he made it big. When my dad died they had a mass said for him at the National Cathedral in DC. It made my Mom so happy. Don’t like his Liberal ways, but they were always nice to the family.

62 posted on 3/26/2017, 4:12:00 PM by Empireoftheatom48 (God did help the Republic, can we keep it.)

"Persecution complex" is a tremenous understatement.

quote:

Koppel wants to go back to a time when liberal ‘elites’ could lie with impunity - when they could squash the speech of traditional Americans. What a creepy guy.

67 posted on 3/26/2017, 4:14:56 PM by GOPJ (FOXNews: STOP hiring blond bimbos - you have enough...)

quote:

Sean has always been honest, Ted is a habitual liar.

Ted’s shows were staged to give the appearance of being fair. In reality Sean’s show is much more fairer than Ted’s ever was.

Ted shouldn’t be given air time. People like Ted don’t deserve the air time they get for breathing, but God is merciful and gives time to repent.

71 posted on 3/26/2017, 4:17:42 PM by alternatives? (Why have an army if there are no borders?)

quote:

Yes, Ted, how dare a dissenting view be presented that’s different from the partisan left-wing propaganda that the mainstream media serves the people as if it were “news.” The public must be given only one option on how to think. No diversity of opinions are allowed. At least Hannity doesn’t spit in people’s faces with the laughable absurdity that he is just a “news reporter” like a lot of the CNN propagandists do.

73 posted on 3/26/2017, 4:19:15 PM by FenwickBabbitt

quote:

Koppel: If you don’t agree with me, you’re divisive.

Typical liberal a-hole.

74 posted on 3/26/2017, 4:21:16 PM by WeatherGuy

okay there are another like 50 posts but I'm done

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Keeshhound posted:

An excuse for why having control of everything their party still sucks, Trump is a moron, and they were wrong

quote:

Yes, Ted, how dare a dissenting view be presented that’s different from the partisan left-wing propaganda that the mainstream media serves the people as if it were “news.” The public must be given only one option on how to think. No diversity of opinions are allowed. At least Hannity doesn’t spit in people’s faces with the laughable absurdity that he is just a “news reporter” like a lot of the CNN propagandists do.

73 posted on 3/26/2017, 4:19:15 PM by FenwickBabbitt

Fenwick then logged off to dust his Nazi medal collection and iron his swastika flag

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Mar 27, 2017

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
lol all those old assholes worshiped Koppel for decades, gently caress them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The funny and sad thing is that in a much earlier time, like, early in the GWB administration, a lot, if not most Freepers used to make fun of Hannity and talk poo poo about what a mouth breathing, knuckle dragging idiot he was. This was back when they used to have people like Tony Snow, White House Press Secretary, having active accounts on the site.

Any freeper who would think like that has long since moved on or gotten the zot.