Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

orange juche posted:

Nintendo really only is riding on its past now at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

shyduck posted:

I'm about 4 hours in, so if that's the case then I'll give it more time. So far its felt like a chore.

If you're not into it an hour or two after the plateau then I'd just bow out

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ypU9j4w3_w

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

:laffo: This seems like Blizzard is basically giving the gently caress up and just going FINE and giving fans what they wanted ever since SC2 came out: a Better looking SC with NOTHING DIFFERENT

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Carteret posted:

:laffo: This seems like Blizzard is basically giving the gently caress up and just going FINE and giving fans what they wanted ever since SC2 came out: a Better looking SC with NOTHING DIFFERENT

hell if you had the option to make another few dump trucks full of money for just a bit of graphics work and a widescreen mod i'm pretty sure you'd take it too, i know i would

B-B-B-BUT GAMING INTEGRITY

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

No doubt they are going to make a bajillion dollars from it. I'd sell out in a heartbeat. It's just funny that they are finally giving in and just doing what people have wanted for decades.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Carteret posted:

No doubt they are going to make a bajillion dollars from it. I'd sell out in a heartbeat. It's just funny that they are finally giving in and just doing what people have wanted for decades.

To be fair StarCraft hasn't worked on modern PC's since windows 8 for sure and I am pretty sure it had issues under windows 7. No matter what compatibility modes you used, 640x480 at 256 color palette is simply not something that modern GPUs want to deal with. I just got endless black screens loving with it.

Continuing 90s game chat, PaRappa The Rapper is coming out on PS4. Release date of 4-4-2017

orange juche fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Mar 26, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

orange juche posted:

To be fair StarCraft hasn't worked on modern PC's since windows 8 for sure and I am pretty sure it had issues under windows 7. No matter what compatibility modes you used, 640x480 at 256 color palette is simply not something that modern GPUs want to deal with. I just got endless black screens loving with it.

Continuing 90s game chat, PaRappa The Rapper is coming out on PS4. Release date of 4-4-2017

that's weird, it runs just fine on my machine
windows 7 that is, nvidia gt740m

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Two Finger posted:

that's weird, it runs just fine on my machine
windows 7 that is, nvidia gt740m

Yeah they broke something with the jump to win 8 and beyond that fucks a lot of earlier software.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

orange juche posted:

PaRappa The Rapper is coming out on PS4. Release date of 4-4-2017

they need to bring back um jammer lammy, which was superior

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I wonder if this means that a Diablo 2 remaster is in the works as well

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Do South Koreans still play Starcraft 1 or did they move on to Starcraft 2? I'm surprised they didn't release it like 10 years ago considering the ongoing popularity of 1

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Do South Koreans still play Starcraft 1 or did they move on to Starcraft 2? I'm surprised they didn't release it like 10 years ago considering the ongoing popularity of 1

i remember someone in here saying sc2 was a gigantic flop

i thought the gameplay was ok but holy hell the plotting was goddamned terrible

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

SC1 had superior balance compared to SC2. If they release a remake of it with the same balance, it will eat SC2s lunch in the Esports world

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Goddamn, the collector ship mission in ME2 has such good music.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Missionary Positron posted:

Goddamn, the collector ship mission in ME2 has such good music.

playing andromeda makes me a bit sad because although i'm enjoying parts of it, they are never going to reach the heights they did in ME2.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Two Finger posted:

playing andromeda makes me a bit sad because although i'm enjoying parts of it, they are never going to reach the heights they did in ME2.

To be fair, few games do.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

well then you'd better get it done fast, edi

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Oh god I just opened the D3 2.5.0 patch notes :gizz:

Primal Ancient gear level, it only drops after Greater Rift 70+ has a lower drop chance than even Ancient gear, and has absolutely perfect rolls on every stat possible for that gear item.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
ME1 had a loving dope soundtrack to the point where I actually listened to it on youtube, but I'm playing 2 now and it's just :shrug:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

ME1 had a loving dope soundtrack to the point where I actually listened to it on youtube, but I'm playing 2 now and it's just :shrug:

Suicide mission and the collector ship

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Two Finger posted:

i remember someone in here saying sc2 was a gigantic flop

i thought the gameplay was ok but holy hell the plotting was goddamned terrible

Back in the late 90's, 19 year old me thought the story in SC1 was epic as gently caress, but that's probably nostalgia talking. SC2 felt like standard action sci-fi fare template 1A. I played through the campaign, uninstalled it, never touched it again.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Starcraft 1 also had the benefit of Starship Troopers still being in everyones mind.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
This is not Warcraft in space.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Two Finger posted:

hell if you had the option to make another few dump trucks full of money for just a bit of graphics work and a widescreen mod i'm pretty sure you'd take it too, i know i would

B-B-B-BUT GAMING INTEGRITY

I wish LucasArts or whatever Disney calls their poo poo would do this.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Back in the late 90's, 19 year old me thought the story in SC1 was epic as gently caress, but that's probably nostalgia talking. SC2 felt like standard action sci-fi fare template 1A. I played through the campaign, uninstalled it, never touched it again.

don't forget the wicked-sick moment at the start of the protoss campaign where the two whatevers slash each other with their swords then pause afterwards until one falls down

gently caress that game was insultingly bad

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Carteret posted:

Good, I wanted sprites not some retard hackjob of putting the maps into the Starcraft 2 engine

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Watching fiance play ME:A and she had a bug where all the guns stopped firing. Turns out the game just removed some of the keybinding for some loving reason? Thank god the internet exists because I'm not sure I would have ever thought it was a key binding problem.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KWkao73HuU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

"my face is tired" actual quote

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
What a trainwreck. :stare:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

A buddy guilt tripped me into buying ME:A so he would have someone to go through multiplayer with.

It's not bad per se. It's just not memorable. Everything feels like a lesser version of something we saw in ME1 or 2. SAM is wannabe EDI. Cora is wannabe Kaiden. The Tempest is wannabe Normandy, right down to its design and experimental stealth features. Even the bad guy aliens just seem like a smarter version of the Collectors. I haven't gotten far enough into the campaign to know for sure, but so far there's a lot of talk about them kidnapping people and "uplifting" them. The only characters who actually seem original are Liam and Vetra (aka anti-Garrus).

It's like the devs made a conscious effort to take all the cool novelties of the Mass Effect series and make them unfun. Did you like having different types of ammo? Guess what, now you run out of incendiary ammo after three clips mags heat sinks. Did you like changing the style and color of your outfits? Guess what, now wardrobe management requires a craven sacrifice to Beelzebub because changing your clothes is the single most difficult thing in the game what the gently caress Bioware.

Edit: and the game engine can't handle round or cylindrical shapes. Whenever someone drinks a beer, it comes in the form of a hexagonal tube.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Arc Light posted:

A buddy guilt tripped me into buying ME:A so he would have someone to go through multiplayer with.

It's not bad per se. It's just not memorable. Everything feels like a lesser version of something we saw in ME1 or 2. SAM is wannabe EDI. Cora is wannabe Kaiden. The Tempest is wannabe Normandy, right down to its design and experimental stealth features. Even the bad guy aliens just seem like a smarter version of the Collectors. I haven't gotten far enough into the campaign to know for sure, but so far there's a lot of talk about them kidnapping people and "uplifting" them. The only characters who actually seem original are Liam and Vetra (aka anti-Garrus).

It's like the devs made a conscious effort to take all the cool novelties of the Mass Effect series and make them unfun. Did you like having different types of ammo? Guess what, now you run out of incendiary ammo after three clips mags heat sinks. Did you like changing the style and color of your outfits? Guess what, now wardrobe management requires a craven sacrifice to Beelzebub because changing your clothes is the single most difficult thing in the game what the gently caress Bioware.

Edit: and the game engine can't handle round or cylindrical shapes. Whenever someone drinks a beer, it comes in the form of a hexagonal tube.

Pretty spot on. It would be a decent if janky game if it wasn't mass effect 4. Especially after the dizzying heights of 2 and the near perfect combat of 3.
What system dud you buy on? Could roll together if you on bone

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

So on the character I just leveled up for the DLC and killed princes with, I set the controller down wrong and killed the loving blacksmith.

:suicide:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

So on the character I just leveled up for the DLC and killed princes with, I set the controller down wrong and killed the loving blacksmith.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

:darksouls:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Lmao you should definitely know better by now.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Two Finger posted:

Pretty spot on. It would be a decent if janky game if it wasn't mass effect 4. Especially after the dizzying heights of 2 and the near perfect combat of 3.
What system dud you buy on? Could roll together if you on bone

I'm playing on PC. Normally I'd follow up with a PC master race quip, but really it's because I'm a console dinosaur who never upgraded from the 360.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Mordin's loyalty mission in ME2 might just be the best thing Bioware has ever managed to write.

What happened to you, Bioware? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I've read pretty much nothing about the new Torment game. Now just 30 seconds into the game I know that it is 100% Game of the Year.

http://i.imgur.com/BpHOKJS.jpg

GAME OVER!