Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Dr Cheeto posted:

If anyone wanted to know what I'm doing with my Switch: its in my car and I'm going to take it home and dock it and kill Ganon. In the morning I'm going to put it back in my car and play FAST RMX during lunch.

I played some golf on the back patio earlier, then like a chump bitch i placed it in the dock to just sit there and lose value until tomorrow when i play some more golf before work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Loopoo posted:

If I sold it now, I'd get 259.99GBP for it. I'd then buy it in the future (whenever that is) for retail price again. Meaning I'd have a net loss of 20 quid, which - again - for 3 weeks use really isn't that big a deal.

You could keep it, and not lose the quid. If you're gonna put that money to work for you and spin that 260 into 300 or so could you do me a solid and let me in on your investments?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Loopoo posted:

Just to lay this whole issue to rest: I could straight up put the Switch up for sale on Amazon right now for 279.99GBP. I would be getting 95% of the cost back, cause Amazon takes 10 or 15GBP as their cut. I am more than happy with losing that tiny amount of money for a solid 3 weeks of use (it'd sorta be like me having rented the console for 3 weeks!). My reasoning behind selling it now is 1) I get a lump of money back I can use for whatever (even though I'm not in dire need of money) 2) I literally won't touch it for a long time cause I've exhausted Zelda and there are no games coming out in the foreseeable future that I want 3) There's literally no stock anywhere, my console is in great shape, it'd be nice to throw it out there at retail price to save some poor fucker succumbing to the horrid prices some people are selling the console for (people are putting brand new and used - like new consoles up for 350GBP).

All you lot talking about me losing money when I buy it again in the future, I don't mind if it's out of stock come the time I want to buy a Switch again. Only game I'd sorta be hype for is Mario Odyssey and Pikmin (if they release one), but not to the point where I'd die a little inside having to wait. I'm a huge Zelda fan so I wanted to get it on launch along with the Switch to try it out, but my intention from the get-go was to sell it on once I'd finished and had my fill of the game. Snipperclips is a good shout, but tbh me and all my friends in uni are hella swamped with assignments right now cause semester 2 is a nightmare.

So I dunno why you all seem to think I'd be losing heaps of cash selling it now when I really wouldn't be. And if 8 months down the line when I wanna pick a Switch up again but it's sold out, I really won't mind waiting since I got to try it out now, and I'm not anywhere near as hype for a game as I was for BotW. I could leave my console collecting dust but I am 100% certain I won't touch it again for ages. My life nowadays isn't spent binging video games, I mainly just watch TV cause I'm always too tired from work to play games, so I'd rather have that cash in my pocket now to spend on other stuff if I want.

This is dumb. Main difference between a Switch and a car is I actually need my car for everyday use. I can live without a Switch. I've had my fill of it, I got all the hype out of my system, I really like the console and I know if I wanna pick it up later down the line, waiting until it's in stock won't kill me.

If I sold it now, I'd get 259.99GBP for it. I'd then buy it in the future (whenever that is) for retail price again. Meaning I'd have a net loss of 20 quid, which - again - for 3 weeks use really isn't that big a deal.
lol you call yourself a "huge Zelda fan" but are also okay saying goodbye to the game after only experiencing like 60% of what it has to offer lmao.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I will loving kill for my princess and my horse Maple which is part of the reason I am aghast that someone would abandon their quest.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I named my first horse "Buck" because I got thrown off that ornery fucker twice before I finally got him to calm down.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Bill Barber posted:

lol you call yourself a "huge Zelda fan" but are also okay saying goodbye to the game after only experiencing like 60% of what it has to offer lmao.

I really don't know why a lot of you are being so toxic over such a silly thing. I've had the game for 3 weeks and was playing it for an obscene amount of hours most days. I'm happy with the enjoyment I got from the game, but I've exhausted myself on it and don't feel the need to play it anymore until new stuff gets released.

I'ma sift through your replies now and feel bad because people are being mean to me over the internet.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Hopefully nintendo will iron out some of the hardware problems the switch has so rebuying a switch down the line might be a good idea after all.

Maybe there will even be a Switch Pro or New Switch at some point.

I played BotW on a Wii U and am holding out for a brand new pokemon myself.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is out this year right?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My switch is in the cradle because I'm about to gently caress up the final 2 shrines, the 4th divine beast, and then Ganon's sorry rear end.

Then I'm going to run through Tomb Raider 2 and RE7 while I wait for Mario Kart and Splatoon and occasionally play Binding of Isaac on the go.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Loopoo posted:

Firstly, all of you ignoring the question I asked to talk to me as if I'm some big goober who is dumb enough to sell the Switch at less than what I bought it for.

I won't be playing the Switch for the next few months, as no games I want are coming out in that time. Zelda stuff won't be released for a good long while yet. I can sell the Switch right now, in all it's original packaging (that I kept in good condition just for this purpose) at the exact same price I bought it for. I could be an rear end in a top hat and gouge the price up due to Amazon not having it in stock, but I'm not an rear end in a top hat like that. There's no point in me keeping the console for ~4 months without touching it whilst it just collects dust and becomes harder to sell for next to retail price. Most I'll lose if I sell it right now is around 15 quid (the cut Amazon takes) which is more than okay for me, since I've definitely gotten 15 quids worth out of it. I sold the Wii U 4 months ago and got 80% of retail for it. No point in keeping the console now and potentially losing the box and stuff when I could just sell it now for 95% of it's price and put the money towards something else.

So can we all focus on the question I asked: is there a way for me to backup my BotW save?

Only game I was super hype for was Zelda. Future games that come out that I want won't have me frothing at the mouth to play them, so if poo poo's out of stock come then, I can wait.

Yea the eMMC chip is a separate board so just remove it before selling

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Cojawfee posted:

the Puyo Tetris demo

Do the different characters in Puyo Puyo Tetris have mechanically different attacks in battle mode?

Loved me some Tetris Battle Gaiden, and also this random PS2 competitive jigsaw game.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

a.lo posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is out this year right?

Yes the delay hasn't been confirmed yet

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Guys Gamestop said my order would ship by the 31st but it showed up on friday and I have been ignoring my wife and children all weekend playing Zelda, except for the times I was playing Shovel Knight and Snipper Clips with my wife and children.

The Switch is awesome (and super tiny, wtf?). Breath of the Wild is incredible. Snipper Clips is GotY. I had never heard of shovel knight before the switch came out but everyone in my family loves it even though it gets kinda hard.

Is Just Dance worth getting? My wife really enjoyed the DDR games on playstation back in the day, will that translate? The trailer I watched look super gay.

Edit: I tamed a horse and I was going to name it Dingus but my daughter said it was a girl horse no I named it Dinga.

Mr. Bad Guy fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 26, 2017

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Guys Gamestop said my order would ship by the 31st but it showed up on friday and I have been ignoring my wife and children all weekend playing Zelda, except for the times I was playing Shovel Knight and Snipper Clips with my wife and children.

The Switch is awesome (and super tiny, wtf?). Breath of the Wild is incredible. Snipper Clips is GotY. I had never heard of shovel knight before the switch came out but everyone in my family loves it even though it gets kinda hard.

Is Just Dance worth getting? My wife really enjoyed the DDR games on playstation back in the day, will that translate? The trailer I watched look super gay.

Germany reunified like five years before the playstation even launched

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Loopoo posted:

I really don't know why a lot of you are being so toxic over such a silly thing. I've had the game for 3 weeks and was playing it for an obscene amount of hours most days. I'm happy with the enjoyment I got from the game, but I've exhausted myself on it and don't feel the need to play it anymore until new stuff gets released.

I'ma sift through your replies now and feel bad because people are being mean to me over the internet.

The point is, if you didn't want our opinions, you could have typed "can I transfer save files on the Switch" into Google and gotten an answer rather quickly.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Happy to hear you're satisfied with your new nintendo, was what I meant to say

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I'm biased and generally frown upon motion controls, but VOEZ is much closer in terms of bemani gameplay you'd find in DDR. The use your fingers and not feet though, not sure if that would be dealbreaker. Game is F2P on phones, so you can try it out and see if its her jam. I think the switch version is the one to get since you get e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ a lot for a flat 25 bucks without the F2P model.

Colorspray fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 26, 2017

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

why not just lend your switch to your friend for them to play Zelda then ask for it back when you care again :confused:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

If you don't get cock rock excited at a perfect shot I don't even know what to think of you

It's my nine-iron

StabMasterArson posted:

why not just lend your switch to your friend for them to play Zelda then ask for it back when you care again :confused:

Because fuckers never return it or they return it broken/late as gently caress

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I will not lend my friends anything of mine. People treat other people's things like trash.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

StabMasterArson posted:

I have a hard enough time lending to family members. People just don't respect or treat with care something that isn't theirs (at least not as much as I care for my own things, since I've worked my rear end off to get them). And I know for a fact if I lent it to a friend and it ended up breaking, they'd be unable to pay for it. We're all students. Why would I take that risk, especially if they did accidentally break it, it'd put a strain on the relationship.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Why don't you sell those two balls you obviously aren't using at the moment. They're only gathering dust and depreciating in value.

Also who the gently caress says 259.99GBP? It's Ł259.99. People have heard of the UK currency it's not like Rwanda or Canada or somewhere.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Weavered posted:

Why don't you sell those two balls you obviously aren't using at the moment. They're only gathering dust and depreciating in value.

Also who the gently caress says 259.99GBP? It's Ł259.99. People have heard of the UK currency it's not like Rwanda or Canada or somewhere.

My keyboard doesn't have that sign.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

You have my sincerest apologies.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Copy and paste it from somewhere else. GOD!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Loopoo posted:

My keyboard doesn't have that sign.

Did you sell it?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Mahoning posted:

Did you sell it?

Yeah, for almost retail value. Amazon took their 0.03 pence cut though.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You did the right thing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Loopoo posted:

Yeah, for almost retail value. Amazon took their 0.03 pence cut though.

I can't believe anyone bought your keyboard when it doesn't even have a pound key.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I'm the guy who doesn't give a poo poo that an internet stranger wants to sell his Nintendo Switch hybrid gaming device™. I also agree with him that it's dumb that there is no way to backup his save. That is all I have to say on the subject. Also shovel knight is good but I kind of regret buying the treasure trove, I don't see myself playing more than the base campaign.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What is this competitive jigsaw game

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

EpicNemesis posted:

I'm the guy who doesn't give a poo poo that an internet stranger wants to sell his Nintendo Switch hybrid gaming device™. I also agree with him that it's dumb that there is no way to backup his save. That is all I have to say on the subject. Also shovel knight is good but I kind of regret buying the treasure trove, I don't see myself playing more than the base campaign.

Treasure Trove is the only way to get the base campaign on Switch. The cheaper version is just the standalone second dlc, presumably for people who own the game on other platforms and don't want to rebuy it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

EpicNemesis posted:

I think the Specter Knight campaign is actually considerably better than the Shovel Knight campaign. Better level design, music, more fun movement mechanics.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Loopoo posted:

Just to lay this whole issue to rest: I could straight up put the Switch up for sale on Amazon right now for 279.99GBP. I would be getting 95% of the cost back, cause Amazon takes 10 or 15GBP as their cut. I am more than happy with losing that tiny amount of money for a solid 3 weeks of use (it'd sorta be like me having rented the console for 3 weeks!). My reasoning behind selling it now is 1) I get a lump of money back I can use for whatever (even though I'm not in dire need of money) 2) I literally won't touch it for a long time cause I've exhausted Zelda and there are no games coming out in the foreseeable future that I want 3) There's literally no stock anywhere, my console is in great shape, it'd be nice to throw it out there at retail price to save some poor fucker succumbing to the horrid prices some people are selling the console for (people are putting brand new and used - like new consoles up for 350GBP).

All you lot talking about me losing money when I buy it again in the future, I don't mind if it's out of stock come the time I want to buy a Switch again. Only game I'd sorta be hype for is Mario Odyssey and Pikmin (if they release one), but not to the point where I'd die a little inside having to wait. I'm a huge Zelda fan so I wanted to get it on launch along with the Switch to try it out, but my intention from the get-go was to sell it on once I'd finished and had my fill of the game. Snipperclips is a good shout, but tbh me and all my friends in uni are hella swamped with assignments right now cause semester 2 is a nightmare.

So I dunno why you all seem to think I'd be losing heaps of cash selling it now when I really wouldn't be. And if 8 months down the line when I wanna pick a Switch up again but it's sold out, I really won't mind waiting since I got to try it out now, and I'm not anywhere near as hype for a game as I was for BotW. I could leave my console collecting dust but I am 100% certain I won't touch it again for ages. My life nowadays isn't spent binging video games, I mainly just watch TV cause I'm always too tired from work to play games, so I'd rather have that cash in my pocket now to spend on other stuff if I want.

This is dumb. Main difference between a Switch and a car is I actually need my car for everyday use. I can live without a Switch. I've had my fill of it, I got all the hype out of my system, I really like the console and I know if I wanna pick it up later down the line, waiting until it's in stock won't kill me.

lol. sell it to cex they will gladly take it off your hand for a stupid amount of money because they have a demand and have no stock. they buy at minimum, 350 quid for the switch on its loving own. used or not. that way you'd only be fleecing a faceless company who want to be fleeced.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 27, 2017

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Has Been Heroes is getting absolutely slaughtered in reviews right now. Will probably be a first week 6.0 on metacritic. Surprised by this given early feedback from the live events and elsewhere.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Bring back mario strikers. With joycon impromptu action!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's probably a bunch of reviewers who just don't get it.

I say this as someone who just doesn't get it and would probably be reading it lower than that myself if I had to. I think %60 is supposed to be "average" though nowadays.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

parallelodad posted:

I say this as someone who just doesn't get it and would probably be reading it lower than that myself if I had to. I think %60 is supposed to be "average" though nowadays.

It might be bad though.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

parallelodad posted:

What they are saying is basically a death sentence for turn based RPGs, that the game is arbitrarily hard because it randomly generates scenarios that don't allow for player choice to overcome the obstacles. Also the story is garbage (there really isnt any story).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Real hurthling! posted:

It might be bad though.

For most people including myself it probably is. It seems like a very niche game.

^^^^from my understanding this is not supposed to be a turn based RPG at all and is more like a tower defense with roguelike elements?

• Locked thread