Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

parallelodad posted:

When Hitori mountain glows if you take a 5x bow and some bomb arrows and loving nuke all the blupees from orbit you'll get like 3000 rupees.

Why did I not think of that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a best region for hunting? I've got the wolf link amiibo and want to try it out, just don't want it to go to waste.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The Mogma aren't dead. They just retreated to their ancient homeland of New Jersey.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there any way to activate this thing on rist peninsula if I just ran into it or is it quest related?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

GobiasIndustries posted:

Is there a best region for hunting? I've got the wolf link amiibo and want to try it out, just don't want it to go to waste.

The vast majority of my gourmet meat comes from the higher end wolves and coyotes, and if they don't then it's usually two prime meats. I keep hearing about "Hunting grounds" every so often even in game and I'm like "But even killing a huge water buffalo or moose is worse than just bombing some wolves"

Though frozen places you'll have to hurry to grab it before it turns to frozen meat forever. I can't tell if they are more frequent in frozen places than when I was wandering around the more hot mountain areas of the Highlands, or that was just a side effect of me spending more time walking in open spaces than climbing every five seconds.

Probably a combination? Out in the actual desert the ecosystem is 90% random lizalfos.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 26, 2017

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
By the time I got to the Yiga hideout I had stasis+ and it made that whole section a joke

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ventana posted:

drat, no love for the Kikwi or the Mogma

None. Kikwi's are poor man's Koroks, and I honestly forgot Mogma's ever existed.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Where are the subrosians, Nintendo????

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The Mogmas are cool and It would be kickin rad for Gorons to one day dig into the Mogma civilization that's been hidden for tens of thousands of years because of what happened with Demise. I kind of wish they would have an actual history for this game series instead of "here's a history" and then pretending it doesn't exist immediately. I just really like history though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In Labrynna you clod.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

None. Kikwi's are poor man's Koroks, and I honestly forgot Mogma's ever existed.

let me hunt the kikwis

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Is there any way to activate this thing on rist peninsula if I just ran into it or is it quest related?

There's an orb on the hill at the start of the spiral you have to bring to the center.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I want to nerd out a bit more than usual, and give some suggestions I have for the final boss. I'll put it in spoiler tags since I'll be describing the boss as is, but this is how I wish it could've played out:

Phase 1: I wouldn't change much about this. I think it's a good test of many of the skills the player has learned up to this point, except it's very easy. Ganon needs to be faster and less obvious. He telegraphs every move and doesn't really threaten a player that pays attention. I know it's gotten cliche at this point, but a more traditional Link vs Ganon swordfight ala Wind Waker would've worked SO WELL with BotW's system and it's a shame we don't really see that at all. Right now, he's mostly just an advanced Guardian.

Phase 2: Instead of the glorified cutscene we ended up with, this should've been Link vs a scarier Lynel. Lynels are by far the most interesting fights in the game, and having the final boss be a more difficult version of them seems like a no-brainer. Maybe we still get the horse, but you have to get on and off of it. A smaller pig Ganon that can be fought more traditionally and runs all around Hyrule field would've been drat satisfying to take down. If Phase 1 looked more humanoid, this phase could be a cool mix of the two forms we currently see.

Phase 3: I think there should be a third phase, where we fight the flying demon Calamity Ganon that we're introduced to in the beginning. It's pretty weird that we're shown Ganon to be one thing, but that's not what we fight. We could run around and have updrafts to get us flying in the air where we have to shoot certain points on Ganon, much like the three dragons. We could even land on him and have to climb all over him as he flies around the sky. This game could so easily go full Shadow of the Colossus and even surpass the boss fights of that game. Yeah, you can climb on Taluses and Hinoxes but not to the extent that the game can handle. Why spend all those hours climbing everything if we don't get to climb some giant enemies too?

As much as this game is My Favorite Game of All Time, I wish it would combine all the things we do together more.There is SO MUCH that can be done in this engine, and I really hope they keep pushing that envelope over the next decade or so.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

parallelodad posted:

When Hitori mountain glows if you take a 5x bow and some bomb arrows and loving nuke all the blupees from orbit you'll get like 3000 rupees.
I thought of doing this after my second time riding the Lord around and when I did I cackled like a demon as rupees flowed like water. gently caress that Lord for not letting me stable him.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I could've gotten a Bokoblin amiibo today but not worth what they drop. I wish non-zelda amiibos could drop some of the rare special stuff, but be incredibly rare, like 1 out of 1000. This sucks. :(

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.
I asked Cado in Kakariko if he was okay in the rain. He said, "It is of no concern. These are traditional clothes that have been used by the Sheikah for generations. They are ideal for any situation and allow us to accomplish any kind of work at any time. Rain like this is no problem at all."

I'll just take a pair of those gloves, please.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Empire State posted:

I asked Cado in Kakariko if he was okay in the rain. He said, "It is of no concern. These are traditional clothes that have been used by the Sheikah for generations. They are ideal for any situation and allow us to accomplish any kind of work at any time. Rain like this is no problem at all."

It would just end up like the climbing clothes :saddowns: Talking about lost tech making them have better grip, but nope not for you.

Full set jump discount at least has made a few desperate last bit of stamina grabs for the top I'd otherwise have just said gently caress it and not worth the stamina foods otherwise for, though. But just not the same.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cojawfee posted:

Considering they don't show up in any other game, I'll assume they died out. Though, I suppose you could make the argument that the Kikwi evolved into the Kokori, taking humanoid form for some reason, and then later evolved into the Koroks. The Mogma though are dead.
This series is kinda fast and loose with races, it wouldn't shock me to see the Mogma became the Rito somehow, or something equally improbable. Basically anyone not accounted for is fair game

GobiasIndustries posted:

If you don't get him killed you can warp off and still later bring him back out, no daily restrictions until you get him murdered. Also you can feed him loose food like raw meat and eggs to give back hearts.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I really wish there was a way to befriend the wolves in this game. They're an omnipresent nuisance and there doesn't seem to be anything you can do with them except run away from them or murder them, so I've just started preemptively just bombing the gently caress out of them whenever I see them. I've got like 200 pieces of Raw Prime Meat from all the wolves I constantly have to murder.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Spergatory posted:

I really wish there was a way to befriend the wolves in this game. They're an omnipresent nuisance and there doesn't seem to be anything you can do with them except run away from them or murder them, so I've just started preemptively just bombing the gently caress out of them whenever I see them. I've got like 200 pieces of Raw Prime Meat from all the wolves I constantly have to murder.

Time to figure out a good use for all that meat, then!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Blowing up the rabbits in the mountains gathering? You're killing Satoru Iwata.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlaapqiKTUs

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Cleared Death Mountain last night with 102 Shrines cleared. I've still got the Akkala Region and Central Hyrule to uncover so I really hope I've just somehow bumble hosed my way to every shrine without feeling I've looked everywhere and then just staring at a guide for hours trying to figure out what six shrines I never found. Also since I went clockwise around the map starting from the Zoras, I also finally got to use Hestu as much as I could and holy poo poo having more than like seven weapon slots is the life

I totally had the idea when I started that I wanted to upgrade every gear to max, but holy poo poo no thank you never mind. I still need a Star Fragment for a Tier 3 Diamond Circlet and have never seen shooting star, along with having zero Lynel guts desptie fighting everyone I come across. I'll try to upgrade the Champion's Shirt/Solider's Greaves/Diamond Circlet combo I've been wearing since Day 1 to max and maybe the Of The Wild set , get the rest of the memories and call this game Completed.

e: also I'd give anything for their to a better looking and better statwise shirt than the Champion's shirt. It just looks like Link is wearing a big t-shirt

Spergatory posted:

This is crazy to me cause I've never ever had a problem with the wolves. They'll bark and growl at me and the music will play, but they'll run a few yards away and just bark, they've never attacked me. So I just keep my distance from them and we good

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Spergatory posted:

Yeah, when I saw a wolf in this game for the first time i tossed them some of my meat, hoping to form a friendship. Instead, they leapt at me and killed me in one hit.

So now I've probably murdered more canines in this game than in any other

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Blowing up the rabbits in the mountains gathering? You're killing Satoru Iwata.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlaapqiKTUs
Is it just me or does this guy have no fuckin' clue how to say Iwata's name? I mean, I don't speak Japanese, but I'm pretty sure I've heard Miyamoto say "Iwata-san" a few times and it wasn't "Iohwata-san."

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

DaveKap posted:

Is it just me or does this guy have no fuckin' clue how to say Iwata's name? I mean, I don't speak Japanese, but I'm pretty sure I've heard Miyamoto say "Iwata-san" a few times and it wasn't "Iohwata-san."

Japanese is really straightforward to pronounce--it's just "Ee-wah-tah." It's totally phonetic always so it amuses me when people have huge trouble pronouncing Japanese words, at least short ones.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
AEIOUwata

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I hope somewhere in the vast world of BotW, there's the smashed corpse of that rear end in a top hat robot from Skyward Sword.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Internet Kraken posted:

I hope somewhere in the vast world of BotW, there's the smashed corpse of that rear end in a top hat robot from Skyward Sword.

That's actually the secret identity of the evil statue that lives near your house.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the devil statue really has a thing against some book of "core of die" or something. i wonder what that's about

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

ManlyGrunting posted:

After struggling with Death Mountain, I managed to get to Goron City in the absolute most bone-headed way possible. Mostly it consisted of abusing the hot springs and the fact you can't burst into flames when wet, haste elixers and a shitton of cooked meat (I just need heat protection, I thought, this chillfin/chillshroom dish should help. Nope!). Also I had a guardian axe, did you know that the charge attack for heavier weapons extinguishes you being on fire? It's great because when I got to the city's armour shop the clerk just went bug-eyed and said "dude stop talking to me, buy this armour or you are going to die" as I'm smouldering in the corner.

Ten minutes later I look through my inventory and realize that that lizard I caught ages ago makes a fireproof elixer. Is there a word for using incredible cleverness to overcome sheer stupidity? :shepicide:

That's awesome and hilarious. You've managed to beat the guy who went through the Water Temple without realising there was a waterbreathing tunic in my estimation, if that's any consolation!

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
So uhh...it's not actually possible to kill a white Lynel, right?

Also, it's fuckin bullshit that Hyrule stables will take in Giganto the horse, but won't give room and board to the bears I ride up on. It's cool guys, I patted his neck a bunch of times, he's not going to eat anyone.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

So uhh...it's not actually possible to kill a white Lynel, right?

There's also silver lynels :twisted:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I'm done to six shrine quests left but have no idea where to get them. Any commonly missed ones?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Empire State posted:

Koko likes the rain. The rain hides many things. When it's raining mother can't see me cry.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

dragon enthusiast posted:

I'm done to six shrine quests left but have no idea where to get them. Any commonly missed ones?

Did you do the one guarded by the orb lover?

And did you get all of Kass's quest done?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

comingafteryouall posted:

Did you do the one guarded by the orb lover?

And did you get all of Kass's quest done?

yes

yes but is there another shrine quest you get for finishing everything

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Koko likes the rain. The rain hides many things. When it's raining mother can't see me cry.

Why is everyone in Kakariko so depressing

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I've spent the past two hours on a mission into Hyrule Castle just because. I'm at 64 hours in this game and still need to clear two beasts and I've heard stuff about labyrinths and I have half the shrines left to find too. This game is incredible. Exploring this castle has been a blast and I've only found one of the three items I came to find. I accidently walked into the final boss room earlier and got frustrated with one if the first phases.

I never thought a game would take the throne Dark Souls has been sitting on for nearly six years.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Harrow posted:

Japanese is really straightforward to pronounce--it's just "Ee-wah-tah." It's totally phonetic always so it amuses me when people have huge trouble pronouncing Japanese words, at least short ones.
Yeah this is what I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

dragon enthusiast posted:

yes

yes but is there another shrine quest you get for finishing everything

If he's back at his home I don't think there is another shrine quest, but I'm not 100% sure of my memory.

There's one in the very western center part of Gerudo Desert that is missable, and there are a bunch in the northwestern snowy area and a few of them are hidden pretty well. I looked at a map for the last 4 of mine cause I didn't feel like scouring every part of the map looking for more shrine beeps.

Otherwise, looking at the map and traveling to areas that don't seem to have many worked well when I got to around 15 left.

Oh, there is also one in Hyrule Castle.

edit: one of my last ones that still beeped was in the giant canyon before the Rito area. I have no idea how I had missed it until then.