Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUDpfIvVW3I
:fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
If you want to research/develop everything, get the relevant cheat table from this website. No more grinding for resources/points, just have fun as God intended.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Ciaphas posted:

Whoof, I just got to the Tempest, saw all the stuff at the R&D table and immediately froze up on decision paralysis. I don't suppose I can ignore that table going forward, can I?

I'd wait until later game after you've stockpiled enough research points. Check for online advice about good/bad guns, and save and test so you're not locked into mistakes and waste research.

Until that point, make sure you're playing the APEX HQ app (or playing the MP APEX missions) to get a steady diet of free SP weapons. It takes about three days to get reliable gold wins, the gold APEX weapons are a nice way to test things out without wasting scarce resources.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Lemon King posted:

I love my point and click adventure sniper rifles but this thing is so much more fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzkukmkhjfk

Which weapon/augment is that?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cythereal posted:

So do most planets not have anomalies? And will SAM say something if I find a planet with one? What's the point of being able to scan planets without one?

You get XP for scanning any planet, even if it has no anomaly on it.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Which weapon/augment is that?

Still need to fill out my remaining mod slots.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

I guess its like quake in that you are jumping and there are guns

lol

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Lemon King posted:

I love my point and click adventure sniper rifles but this thing is so much more fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzkukmkhjfk

What's the name of the gun and augments you put on that?

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Lollerich posted:

What's the name of the gun and augments you put on that?

Lemon King posted:

Still need to fill out my remaining mod slots.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Moola posted:

I actually agree that it's unfair that DA2 is scored higher on metacritic, because holy poo poo that game is an abomination

But nah, mediocre is exactly the word to describe this game

Dragon Age 2 was 2011's Breath of the Wild, in that it was hyped to hell and critics were jumping to suck its dick right at launch.
Giggle-squee like a loving pig, boy.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Man. This is gonna be some kind of heresy but I think most of the quests in this game are either on par with most of the quests in ME3, or even better in some cases? I don't mean the padding fetch quests and "travel 589845 light years to buy popcorn from special vendor" stuff, but the actual content in this game is really well-done. All the loyalty quests I've seen are great. I just did the Kett flagship quest with the Salarian Pathfinder/Krogan scouts choice and it was way more of a Sophie's Choice than anything in in the original trilogy. And after having met and interacted with the Kett, I feel like they're way more engrossing and compelling as antagonists than everything made them out to be at first impression. They're no Solas, but they're no Corypheus either.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Arcsquad12 posted:

ME: Andromeda - Giggle-squee like a pig, boy.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The Walrus posted:

I didn't think it was actually your shot or I wouldn't have phrased it like i did. but if it's not textures then it's shaders or postprocessing or something that I have on ultra and you have on high because there's a really big difference imo. genuinely thought your pic was on medium settings. like just compare the closeup detail

No, She looks like your pic normally for me, too. I think it was just the cutscene...several cutscenes.

There are different quality levels inside the game itself. This game isn't "buggy" overmuch, but it sure as poo poo reeks of bad practices and sloppy work, I don't give a gently caress how long anybody worked on it.

nvm, it's pretty buggy, too. Lots of mall bugs.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 27, 2017

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Lollerich posted:

Man I've played 56 hours so far and only encountered one single bug that can apparently be fixed by some save-kung-fu. Also 70+ fps constantly with 0 dropped frames on 1440p with Ultra settings and thats with a GTX 1070 not even a 1080...
Don't know what to tell you but maybe your PC is having some issues, and if you play on console and experience "inconsistent performance", well that's an argument I'd rather not get into.

Edit: Yes the writing is poo poo e.g. that "my face is tired" bitch, there is no argument there - I agree with all of that. It get's even worse, wait until you get a quest marker for that transsexual character who has no quest attached to her until much later in the game. You get a quest marker for her before she has a quest to give to you. I have nothing against transsexuals at all quite the contrary, but holy poo poo that was awful. What the hell were they thinking when they wrote that? That dialogue should be qualified as a war crime.

I'm a trans woman and that bit was atrocious. No one speaks like that. It was done much better with Krem. I suppose I should just be glad that they got a woman to do her voice, given what they did earlier. (Seriously just revealing your deadname to someone at random who you don't know is :psyduck:)

Also on crafting, I've been sticking with pistols and the Carnifex and Hurricane have worked out decentish, I was wondering if anyone had any pistol gems they had. I really want to get the N7 Eagle but I can't find the mats to craft it. I also hate how getting the higher level version means you need to make a whole new gun. Crafting continues to be the worst in every game it's in.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Arcsquad12 posted:

Dragon Age 2 was 2011's Breath of the Wild, in that it was hyped to hell and critics were jumping to suck its dick right at launch.

What?

BoTW is actually really good tho and DA2 was a pile of dog poo poo. With crayon bits.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

ME: Andromeda - Giggle-squee like a pig, boy.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Is anyone else having trouble with the Nomad? I can't get the thing to go up and hills and it gets stuck on almost any terrain. I usually just get out and walk instead of dealing with it.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Is anyone else having trouble with the Nomad? I can't get the thing to go up and hills and it gets stuck on almost any terrain. I usually just get out and walk instead of dealing with it.

http://i.imgur.com/UMvUVoM.mp4

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

You have to upgrade it, but to go up any slight hill at the beginning you need to right-click (or whatever) and set the gear to all wheel.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

You need to turn on 6 wheel drive mode, on XBONE it's the left bumper. Why they added this I have no idea.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So I decided to Bring Down The Sky. Because it was right next to Noveria, and whatnot. So far, gently caress the blast cap part. Like, jesus. Also I'm heavily considering selling all of my sniper rifles since no one on my current team uses the drat things.

Also, could I theoretically do Garrus' sidequest regardless of whether he's with me or not? Since I'm aiming for Tali's and Wrex's, figured might as well grab Garrus' for completion.

Crustashio posted:

You need to turn on 6 wheel drive mode, on XBONE it's the left bumper. Why they added this I have no idea.

I'll be honest, that sounds loving terrible. At least the Mako's Extra Button did something more fun.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
im sharing these because they crack me up

http://i.imgur.com/EulPH5N.mp4

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Eimi posted:

Also on crafting, I've been sticking with pistols and the Carnifex and Hurricane have worked out decentish, I was wondering if anyone had any pistol gems they had. I really want to get the N7 Eagle but I can't find the mats to craft it. I also hate how getting the higher level version means you need to make a whole new gun. Crafting continues to be the worst in every game it's in.

Deconstruct old gun and get all parts back, acquire slightly more parts to build higher level version

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Anyone have any thoughts on Sentinel versus Vanguard for Charge/Annihilation/Lance perma primed combos with some melee in there?

I'm around level 22, and I've been doing incinerate/shield drain/lance from a distance, but it's getting annoying to shoot shields off first since they don't prime with them up and shield drain only takes about half of their shields off maxed out. I'm thinking about respeccing and going with the above charge/annihilation/lance combo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Vintersorg posted:

What?

BoTW is actually really good tho and DA2 was a pile of dog poo poo. With crayon bits.

Oh definitely Zelda is a better game, no arguments there. I don't think it's one of the greatest games of all time like people seem to be making botw out to be. Like dragon age 2, regardless of the games actual quality, the games media outlets have been fellating it. "Darker, sexier, better."

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KWkao73HuU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

pro click

http://i.imgur.com/LZD2OCq.mp4

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I started playing this on my brother's ps4, I'm barely 30 minutes in and I'm sick to death of figuratively every character making a 600 year based pun or word play. Shut the gently caress up about being frozen for 600 years already I'm loving tired of it! :argh:

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 27, 2017

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Dogen posted:

Deconstruct old gun and get all parts back, acquire slightly more parts to build higher level version

I did not know I could actually do that. Do I do it from a crafting station?

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Press X on any pretty much anything in the inventory to deconstruct or destroy it. But it can't be currently equipped...even if you're on the loving tempest.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Crustashio posted:

Press X on any pretty much anything in the inventory to deconstruct or destroy it. But it can't be currently equipped...even if you're on the loving tempest.

Oh awesome, thank you!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm loving every interaction with the angara where you can be this benevolent alien from beyond the stars who shows up and is peaceful and helpful and respectful and just wants to learn and be friends. My Ryder is like a female Asian Jean-Luc Picard, only without Picard's temper. The chillest emissary for an extragalactic culture ever.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012

Oh my god

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

BrianWilly posted:

Man. This is gonna be some kind of heresy but I think most of the quests in this game are either on par with most of the quests in ME3, or even better in some cases? I don't mean the padding fetch quests and "travel 589845 light years to buy popcorn from special vendor" stuff, but the actual content in this game is really well-done. All the loyalty quests I've seen are great. I just did the Kett flagship quest with the Salarian Pathfinder/Krogan scouts choice and it was way more of a Sophie's Choice than anything in in the original trilogy.

Agreed! I won't repeat everything I posted earlier about this, but I liked how either choice can instill guilt. Felt bad enough after the consequences of one choice that I replayed the mission to choose the other one. Still felt bad, but that's because the writing and characterization are on point.

Can't think of another choice in the series on that level. Paragon/Renegade spares a lot of those.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
they spent 5 yeqrs sculpting coras rear end

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

loving lol EA Killed Bioware

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

I was told this contains a fair number of spoilers.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Rinkles posted:

I see you would like to experience the bugs you will inevitably encounter with fresh eyes! Commendable!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Rinkles posted:

Yeah, it does have big spoilers in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I haven't played very much single player since it hasn't really grabbed my interest but I ended up with an issue where it was automatically selecting dialog options from the wheel even though I hadn't clicked on anything. Whatever the pointer was on when the wheel came up, that's what Ryder would say. Sometimes I wouldn't even see the wheel, like I'd initiate a conversation with Lexi and Ryder would go straight into asking her why she became a doctor.

I took down a big Kett building on Eos and the whole thing was extremely buggy, with invisible enemies (not cloaked, just the model never loaded), enemies popping into existence right next to me, and when I finished the whole thing I'm guessing a bunch of stuff wasn't supposed to re-spawn on my walk out of there. My favorite was finding the turrets and troops that had been guarding the front door returned as I was leaving, after I killed them I turned my back to loot a box and when I turned around everything had re-spawned right next to me again and I just made a run for the Nomad.