Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

GameCube posted:

i still like skyward sword. i'll never play it again and fi and the linearity in general were awful but they tried to mix things up, they made good on the promise of the wii motion controls, and tbqh i don't think breath of the wild would exist without skyward sword. and really "worst console zelda" is not that damning a criticism

its a very weak zelda game but its better than no zelda game for 11 years, imo. plus its very fun to play through with wii homebrew cheats like infinite stamina, double clawshots from moment 1 that work on any surface and shoot infinitely far, et cetera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family
It might have been posted in here already, but someone livestreamed getting to 100%: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ooNOdaggSQ&t=23385s Apparently the number of named locations on your map (which you get by visiting them) counts toward 100%. Since there's no counter for location names like there are for Korok seeds, the guy was stuck on 99.91% for a pretty long time.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

its a very weak zelda game but its better than no zelda game for 11 years, imo. plus its very fun to play through with wii homebrew cheats like infinite stamina, double clawshots from moment 1 that work on any surface and shoot infinitely far, et cetera

lol is there a good vid of someone playing it like this?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

extremebuff posted:

lol is there a good vid of someone playing it like this?

i dunno but its very easy to set up and do yourself. plus theres a cheat to turn off fi.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

i dunno but its very easy to set up and do yourself. plus theres a cheat to turn off fi.

Welp, that sold me on giving it a shot some day.

Is there a cheat to somehow turn off motion controls for flying/swimming? Somehow I imagine that's a little harder to do.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

absolutely anything posted:

ive never been able to get into zelda 2. i dont like the way it plays or looks or sound and the game over screen scared me as a small chil;d

i called up the nintendo hint line and the guy wouldn't stfu about the lore when i was 6 or whatever and i wasn't phone savvy enough as a six year old to tell him to stfu about drizzling links blood on gannons ashes to resurrect gannon just tell me how to get thru the 5th temple or whatever

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

I'm not sure what most people's beef is with skywardm I thought characters were all charming and the impressionist art effect was nice to look at. Motion controls didn't work out for everybody though. Beat it again recently and I had a fun time. Don't think I like it enough to 100% it though. I will 100% breath of the wild definitely

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

IdealFlaws posted:

I'm not sure what most people's beef is with skywardm I thought characters were all charming and the impressionist art effect was nice to look at. Motion controls didn't work out for everybody though. Beat it again recently and I had a fun time. Don't think I like it enough to 100% it though. I will 100% breath of the wild definitely

its a good game but not very exciting. zero creativity from the player allowed. even the motion control swordplay forces you to attack enemies from certain directions if you play by the rules and use z-targeting

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Ahh yeah sword fights felt more like mini games with the Wii mote

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/vod-131146895-offset-12692.433000000066-47-854x480.mp4

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

thats incredible

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

hunting 2,970 pieces of courser bee honey to upgrade a certain outfit is loving rear end. it stinks!!! gently caress you shigsy!!!!!

Jesus is this real

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Fumaofthelake posted:

Jesus is this real

Nope

The Wild set (green tunic from all shrines) needs 15 honey across 3 pieces to upgrade

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I definitly don't have a brain disorder.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

jisforjosh posted:

Nope

The Wild set (green tunic from all shrines) needs 15 honey across 3 pieces to upgrade

i would add "all shrines spoiler" to this, cmon

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

there's a lot o f honey somewhere but i forgot wehere. bye

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

there's a lot o f honey somewhere but i forgot wehere. bye

beehives

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Does anyone know what makes the white bokoblin appear? I've been taking my time really playing casually and fully exploring the map and have only recently started doing actual main quest milestones. I just completed my 3rd dungeon and also unlocked the 4th fairy fountain and now all of a sudden this dude is popping up all over the place. Pretty sure I killed like 7 of them in the span of about 10 minutes outside Hateno after having never seen one for the first 80 hours of gameplay.

Either way it's definitely a cool technique to keep things fresh in the world even as you continue to progress.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bill Barber posted:

Does anyone know what makes the white bokoblin appear? I've been taking my time really playing casually and fully exploring the map and have only recently started doing actual main quest milestones. I just completed my 3rd dungeon and also unlocked the 4th fairy fountain and now all of a sudden this dude is popping up all over the place. Pretty sure I killed like 7 of them in the span of about 10 minutes outside Hateno after having never seen one for the first 80 hours of gameplay.

Either way it's definitely a cool technique to keep things fresh in the world even as you continue to progress.

It's more divine beasts. Each one you beat starts spawning a new type of silver enemy. First bokoblins then moblins then lizalfos and finally lynels. Silver lynels are the highest HP entities in the entire game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

finished, the final boss was alright I guess and the ending was every Zelda ending. Amazing game though... the main quest isn't the most interesting part by any means but it's like 5% of the game so that's fine. A sequel with more "real" dungeons, questlines and bosses would be the best game ever made, and hell, it's already close

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

This game has a cool MGSV style feel where discovering and using different items can completely change your play style and the way you approach situations.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Regy Rusty posted:

It's more divine beasts. Each one you beat starts spawning a new type of silver enemy. First bokoblins then moblins then lizalfos and finally lynels. Silver lynels are the highest HP entities in the entire game.

I found one in one of the (sidequest location) behemoth skeletons. specifically the one near death mountain.

Historical Wizards
Jul 3, 2016

I really wasn't a fan of the silver enemies, they were just a slog to fight. Luckily avoiding conflict is also very enjoyable.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Historical Wizards posted:

I really wasn't a fan of the silver enemies, they were just a slog to fight. Luckily avoiding conflict is also very enjoyable.

Lynells in particular take like two "rounds" of combat too many

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

use atk boost food on beefy stuff and youll have a better time

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

But but my bananas

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
because of a couple different things w/ the game design, this is one of the few open world games where i use my powerful consumables without thinking much about it, instead of hoarding everything and never using it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

when you see a sentinel and run towards it rather than away... that's powerful

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

there's a couple spots around the jungle stable and also eventide where you can get a billion bananas in like 20 seconds

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lynells have too much hp but don't have a super exploitable weakness like every other enemey including robots and sentinels so they're cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

because of a couple different things w/ the game design, this is one of the few open world games where i use my powerful consumables without thinking much about it, instead of hoarding everything and never using it

there's a couple spots around the jungle stable and also eventide where you can get a billion bananas in like 20 seconds

yeah the game is super generous with all the buff materials, youre not expected to shatter 10 weapons on something that has 3k HP, you're lugging around 100 bananas and razor crabs for a reason

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i like how this game and ffxv both have a big emphasis on sitting around the fire and cooking for your adventures

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I wish there was a reason to make some of the more elaborate recipes. Like I could travel to the four corners of Hyrule to gather the wheat, milk, butter and sugar to make a fruit pie, or I could chuck a load of apples and mushrooms I just found lying around into a pot and get exactly the same effect.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i wish cooking was cuter like monhun style cooking

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

lynells have too much hp but don't have a super exploitable weakness like every other enemey including robots and sentinels so they're cool

Sure they do, just shoot them in the face regularly and they can never do anything

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I still haven't been to Eventide, guess I should do that. I've been trying to save a few cool things

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Harrow posted:

Sure they do, just shoot them in the face regularly and they can never do anything

i tried that and i just got shot with a bunch of lightning arrows and died

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Helps to have a multi-shot bow so you don't miss, also using updrafts when they breathe fire

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the two lynel tricks I picked up from the pros are (1) riding the updrafts created by their fire breath, and (2) whistling when you whup em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I would just face them in close combat, its extremely easy to get flurry rushes on them, side step everything except the forward lunging axe swings, backflip those, when they shoot fireballs just stay moving left or right

• Locked thread