Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Meets specified requirements.

Feel free to submit a variation and we'll revisit the lock issue.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Phanatic posted:

burning down a church under construction because the Quakers picked a non-union contractor.

shouldn't have used non-Union contractors, that's how you get GroverChurch :colbert:

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
I can't help but wonder if there is someone out there using the bolt from a mosin-nagant to lock their door.

Anyhow is it generally considered a bad idea to hang a paper towel rack above a gas top?

I encountered this many years ago in a beach house that featured delights such as power strips plugged into power strips plugged into power strips

The only smoke alarm in the house falling down if you slammed a door or used the blinds

And this quality of work I suspect has some relation to the fact that all the breakers blew when it rained

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

coldpudding posted:

I can't help but wonder if there is someone out there using the bolt from a mosin-nagant to lock their door.

I'm pretty sure I saw Security By 91/30 somewhere, but didn't think it amusing enough to save the image.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe
Maybe not exactly crappy construction, but it fails in a way I did not expect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxGjMaLviWs&t=91s

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Not like this.

Not like this.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Twisted Sister

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

How else are you going to make a 26" support beam, huh?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

quote:

support

quote:

beam
Two out of three ain't bad, right?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I'm the dismounted boobs on the floor at the back.

Edit: or possibly dungeons and dragons style boob PPE

Vulcan
Mar 24, 2005
Motobike
There is a woman praying with her hands it holds in the lower left

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Vulcan posted:

There is a woman praying with her hands it holds in the lower left

A very small woman.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I'm the dismounted boobs on the floor at the back.

Edit: or possibly dungeons and dragons style boob PPE

Dismounted Ceiling Tiddies.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
"To the right of the survey marker" depends on which direction you're facing, I guess.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Oh wow, please tell me that's actually what happened here.

One Day Fish Sale
Aug 28, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bad Munki posted:

Oh wow, please tell me that's actually what happened here.

(Abandoned) runway, looks like?

https://www.google.com/maps/@19.7908461,96.2285385,4140m/data=!3m1!1e3

e. Nope: https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2015/mar/19/burmas-capital-naypyidaw-post-apocalypse-suburbia-highways-wifi

One Day Fish Sale fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 27, 2017

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Looks like a huge loving highway project that wasn't finished. The "tiny" roads jutting out are actually massive 4 lane highways. I just don't get the shape of the roads with the bridges, it's like someone really badly playing skylines. There's fairly mature trees lining the "smaller" roads too. Maybe the bridges were existing? Why build the approach roads in those long straight segments rather than a more uniform curve? Why space them out like that? I need to know more.

If you look around there's a bunch more empty super-highways like that in the region, and they never curve, always straight segments with sharp turns and they're all insane 10+ lane monsters. Tons of military poo poo all over the place too. Maybe they over-built all the highways to double as emergency runways in war? Would explain why they are always in long straight segments.

Also horrible corrupt military dictatorships tend to love over-building massive wide highways all over the place that no one uses.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 27, 2017

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Catching up from a month ago, you don't have a real job unless you have to wash your hands before you pee. Swarf dick: not even once.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Phanatic posted:

"To the right of the survey marker" depends on which direction you're facing, I guess.

Someone forgot they could only place a bridge in the straight parts of the shore.

morethanjake32
Apr 5, 2009

Who knew 50 year old laundromats could be filled with code violations!
Bonus points: find the hose bib:derp:

Edit: that was kinda big, whoops.

morethanjake32 fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 28, 2017

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Found that, and the mouse problem.
:stare:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

morethanjake32 posted:

Who knew 50 year old laundromats could be filled with code violations!
Bonus points: find the hose bib:derp:

quoted so I can see what the hell this is.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Phanatic posted:

It connects one military base with another. It appears that it is some sort of camouflage to fool the bombers. There actually is a bridge there crossing the river and the two roads line up perfectly. The bridge is painted so that from the air it looks like it doesn't exist. The connecting ramps don't really exist but are fakes.

There's some weird poo poo going on in that area:
https://goo.gl/maps/yhwbN42bThB2

Neutrino fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 28, 2017

One Day Fish Sale
Aug 28, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Neutrino posted:

It connects one military base with another. It appears that it is some sort of camouflage to fool the bombers. There actually is a bridge there crossing the river and the two roads line up perfectly. The bridge is painted so that from the air it looks like it doesn't exist. The connecting ramps don't really exist but are fakes.

Pretty good fakes then, because it looks exactly like the thumbnail.

One of the connecting ramp bridges that doesn't exist

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

One Day Fish Sale posted:

Pretty good fakes then, because it looks exactly like the thumbnail.

One of the connecting ramp bridges that doesn't exist

Obviously they paid Google to doctor the satellite images and insert a panorama where it doesn't actually exist.

Let Shaq explain it to you.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Not sure if this goes here or in the OSHA thread, but here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp6hFnWXMag

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Collateral Damage posted:

Not sure if this goes here or in the OSHA thread, but here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp6hFnWXMag

All I see is a guy patching a foundation crack and the homeowner being an rear end about it.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Unabomber RV conversion.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Living the dream.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

New Top Gear looking good.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Why is there a liquid nitrogen Dewar on the "porch"?

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

beep-beep car is go posted:

Why is there a liquid nitrogen Dewar on the "porch"?

It's actually an oxygen tank. As for why it's there... maybe they do glassblowing :shrug:? I mean, the thing's a rolling tinderbox anyway. Why not add open flame and molten glass to the mix?

I actually see them around town occasionally but I've never had the chance to talk to any of them.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

There's not much work around for Ms Frizzle after she got addicted to cocaine.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
That thing is rolling probable cause.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2w7z0aB3l0

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Speaking of concrete (or asphalt, or w/e), here's the concrete formerly known as I-85 in the middle of Atlanta:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/31/us/atlanta-interstate-85-fire-collapse/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

That is going to be a total nightmare for the city, traffic in Atlanta was already a hellscape and now they're going to have to close five lanes of interstate in both directions. If you rely on that stretch for your commute you might as well kill yourself.

Which incidentally it sounds like some people were trying to do:

quote:

Social media users posted surreal images showing motorists -- before the collapse -- choosing to drive into the black smoke that billowed onto the highway as the fire burned beneath them.
Many cars on the left side of the five-lane section barreled through the thick black smoke. They disappeared into the darkness as they drove, he said.
McLaughlin slowly followed the taillights of an SUV through the smoke.
How bad is your commute that you figure driving blind through the smoke of a fire burning beneath it is your best option? :stare: