Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

UmOk posted:

If we have raid han at seven stars should we be staying at 0 dmg?

I went for a long time doing zero, now I alternate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

If we have raid han at seven stars should we be staying at 0 dmg?

Only if you wanna.

It's a stand-up thing to do, to allow other goons a chance at high shards... but... my need for loving fusion furnaces is greater than you goony fucks and your raid han, sorry.

:parrot:

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 25, 2017

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
I wish they just had flat out trading. All I've ever got in raids is furnaces and I lack everything else.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Man ships is so weird, I'll fight a guy with three star ships and he'll annihilate me and never get Target Locked but I'll wipe out 5 star ships who seem scary on paper.

Also enemy Biggs getting protection to full repeatedly is fun, and wonderful.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I'm glad that I have enoug 7* g8+ characters to make it through GW most days. Rebels take me two thirds of the way and then droids plus my lumi led misfit team usually is sufficient to get all the nodes.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
The top fleet commander challenges are all loving rigged I swear. I'll go in with a front five consisting of 4 7*, Level 85 ships, and one 6*, Level 77 ship (JC).

And before I even get a turn, Fives is dead, two others are ability blocked, and nobody, including Biggs, has any protection left.

What the gently caress.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

TheAnomaly posted:

Dengar is essential for team bounty hunter, Greedo has good synergy with Boba Lead, but really none of the other bounty hunters/scoundrels are worth levelling unless you want to all in the obnxious perma stealth massive speed BH team that still loses to everyone elses aoes.

What's your opinion of Zam Wessell? I've thought about picking her up for Team Scoundrel as well.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
IGD can you please remove Gen Probe, I just can't anymore. Too much of a grind.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

CaptainPsyko posted:

The top fleet commander challenges are all loving rigged I swear. I'll go in with a front five consisting of 4 7*, Level 85 ships, and one 6*, Level 77 ship (JC).

And before I even get a turn, Fives is dead, two others are ability blocked, and nobody, including Biggs, has any protection left.

What the gently caress.

It took me at least 30 tries to beat the challenge. Basically you need to get enough luck that nobody gets target locked on the initial volley, and then that the AI doesn't reinforce. Good Luck!

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

General Probe posted:

But... lightsabers

:smith:

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

General Probe posted:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

General Probe posted:

see you in a few months, man

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
So is there any subs for clone Sarge in a clone team? The rest are all at or almost at 7* but him that's going to be a while.

Also :toot: zeta challenge finally rng'ed in my favor and it's 3*. Now all I need is some way to beat 9b. :smithicide:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

So is there any subs for clone Sarge in a clone team? The rest are all at or almost at 7* but him that's going to be a while.

From what I hear, he's pretty essential. You could try it with Cody, Fives, Echo, Rex, Leia. You're not going to post 5 mil, but you'll get damage in.

You can try borrowing my GK, he's 6* one item short of max, and has fairly beastly mods.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 26, 2017

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

xyigx posted:

Also :toot: zeta challenge finally rng'ed in my favor and it's 3*. Now all I need is some way to beat 9b. :smithicide:

Not really. He does most of your damage, since he always crits

First rancor solo (not sure why I haven't been doing this before). Did p1 manually, and basic autoed through the rest, after applying debuffs.

Rancor never even got a single turn...

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Inimicul posted:

What's your opinion of Zam Wessell? I've thought about picking her up for Team Scoundrel as well.

my Zam is only like 4*s, but she can get a poo poo ton of free turn meter and hand out free turn meter. She throws out thermal detonators on the whole team, then activates them when she attacks. LIke most of the other BH's not named Boba Fett or IG-88 she synergizes on the bounty hunter team but is lackluster otherwise. If you can crit with her shot and activate two detonators you're going to kill your target. She's not so great on defense because she blows her debuff first if the enemy has detonators, as does Greedo, instead of doubling up on the explosives and burning down the enemy team. If I was using them for Arena I'd use her with BH's, but if you don't have team mates to also drop detonators she's not that great, and if you're mixing scoundrels and bounty hunters the Lando's speed and crit damage bonus probably beats Boba Fetts crit damage.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The alt account #2 has been fun, but I think I'm done with it.

My arena shard is just loving retarded full of people who dropped crystals on baze/chirrut and others who dumped hundreds into Darth Nihilus.

And I just powered my GW's into impossiblesville, which blows.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chilichimp posted:

The alt account #2 has been fun, but I think I'm done with it.

My arena shard is just loving retarded full of people who dropped crystals on baze/chirrut and others who dumped hundreds into Darth Nihilus.

And I just powered my GW's into impossiblesville, which blows.

It's probably a good idea to not stress being competitive and just work on minmaxing your dudes anyway.

I'm in a brand new shard and paid for a basic baze/chirrut and managed to stay top 10 for about a week but there is always a bigger whale so there are $500-$750 arena teams starting to filter to the top of my shard.

My Biggs/TFP/Ashoka/Wedge/Jedi Consular ship team was keeping me top 10 as well, but coincidentally most of the guys with the $500+ arena teams are also at the top of the ship rankings with the ships you could straight purchase (kylo rens shuttle/slave 1) with $$$ more in ships.

The advantage doesn't last forever though, they are just paying for a fastrack.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Space Crabs posted:

It's probably a good idea to not stress being competitive and just work on minmaxing your dudes anyway.

I'm in a brand new shard and paid for a basic baze/chirrut and managed to stay top 10 for about a week but there is always a bigger whale so there are $500-$750 arena teams starting to filter to the top of my shard.

My Biggs/TFP/Ashoka/Wedge/Jedi Consular ship team was keeping me top 10 as well, but coincidentally most of the guys with the $500+ arena teams are also at the top of the ship rankings with the ships you could straight purchase (kylo rens shuttle/slave 1) with $$$ more in ships.

The advantage doesn't last forever though, they are just paying for a fastrack.

The advantage lasts forever. You can't go back and make those rank 1-3 shards later. They'll always be whales. Because they're holding those top spots, they'll have 7* Chaze long before someone who just stays in the top 50/20 can. Those free shards will push them ahead faster than you by buying daily refreshes as well as buying Chaze shards.

Fleet poo poo is honestly pretty dumb, rewards wise. So being top 10 isn't that much better than being top 20.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I've been enjoying the game so far as a newbie, but I'm a bit concerned now at level 51. The last galactic war node was increasingly difficult this time. I've gotten into whale territory now. The last node had a squad of level 60, 5* purple geared, Vader, Maul, Sidious and two others. It was a miracle that I could cheese my way to victory. If I can't get that last node, it would seriously hamper my progress.

For the first time yesterday I broke into the top 100 rank in the arena which is nice, but I'll never get to top 50 as a FTP player. I'm satisfied for now.

Another concern I have is my lack of dark side characters. The OP lists a bunch of light side heroes as priority over the few dark side heroes. I don't really have a reason to farm a dark side hero other than Boba right now, so hopefully I won't need anything from dark side battles in the near future.

I'm about to 5* Boba and STH, so that'll be nice. I've got my main 5 heroes souped up with mods and slowly progressing Mod Battles with two level 85 allies that pop up. And finally I'm focusing on getting level VII gear on my main squad.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Dely Apple posted:

Man ships is so weird, I'll fight a guy with three star ships and he'll annihilate me and never get Target Locked but I'll wipe out 5 star ships who seem scary on paper.

Also enemy Biggs getting protection to full repeatedly is fun, and wonderful.

The way ship power is calculated vs. the way ship actually work is way off. They really pushed it out without understanding how it would come together.

On another note, I just played through Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and it's funny how much the SWGOH tips in the store are 100% the kind of game tips that Blood Dragon parodies throughout the game.

"Be sure the character in your leader slot has a leader ability." You think?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 27, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
If you're wondering how to beat a Savage/Zavage on your server, this'll do.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

ijii posted:

I've been enjoying the game so far as a newbie, but I'm a bit concerned now at level 51. The last galactic war node was increasingly difficult this time. I've gotten into whale territory now. The last node had a squad of level 60, 5* purple geared, Vader, Maul, Sidious and two others. It was a miracle that I could cheese my way to victory. If I can't get that last node, it would seriously hamper my progress.

For the first time yesterday I broke into the top 100 rank in the arena which is nice, but I'll never get to top 50 as a FTP player. I'm satisfied for now.

Another concern I have is my lack of dark side characters. The OP lists a bunch of light side heroes as priority over the few dark side heroes. I don't really have a reason to farm a dark side hero other than Boba right now, so hopefully I won't need anything from dark side battles in the near future.

I'm about to 5* Boba and STH, so that'll be nice. I've got my main 5 heroes souped up with mods and slowly progressing Mod Battles with two level 85 allies that pop up. And finally I'm focusing on getting level VII gear on my main squad.

50 to 60 is some of the hardest because you are just starting to get mods but others will be farther ahead and of course the whales become very noticeable because of them.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Does anyone have the total shard cost to get Nihilus through shipments?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

tadashi posted:

Does anyone have the total shard cost to get Nihilus through shipments?

260 shards * 80/shard = 20,800 Crystals.

Unless you are planning to raid with him, 4-5* is as far as you want to go with crystals.

e:
Just for some quick math, you start at 20 shards if you completed everything, so you have to buy 12 shards to get to 4* (can only buy 4 at a time), so that's 960 crystals. To take him from 4* to 5* is an additional 64 shards, so that's 5120 crystals. Then you have to buy 84 shards to get to 6* for 6720 crystals. Finally it's another 8000 crystals to get to 7*. After 4*, each additional star does less for you compared to gear and levels. It does boost health by a decent amount, but premium characters are good in arena at 4*. I've been holding my own against whales (as in, people who have spent thousands) with 4* Chaze and 5/6* GK for a long time. The difference between my 4* Chaze and their 7* Chaze isn't enough for me to be unable to win on offense, and that's all that matters at this point.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 27, 2017

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash
Hey, y'all, I need a guild to start farming the cute lil' Jawa. My IGN is PrincessGarbage, my ID is 649-241-823 and I'm level 55.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

A Spooky Skeleton posted:

Hey, y'all, I need a guild to start farming the cute lil' Jawa. My IGN is PrincessGarbage, my ID is 649-241-823 and I'm level 55.

Sent invite

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

A Spooky Skeleton posted:

Also, abondon the Jawas for a bit. I thought it would be good fun too and aside from some hilarious surprises in Arena, they're super fragile until you can get Jawa Engineer. One of my accounts is 4 jawas and Jedi Consular. It always ends badly since everyone gets stealth but JC so he's a 1st turn death in just about every fight. Every day is another adventure in frustration trying to do GW and arena until I can overcome my mistake.

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash

Inimicul posted:

Also, abondon the Jawas for a bit. I thought it would be good fun too and aside from some hilarious surprises in Arena, they're super fragile until you can get Jawa Engineer. One of my accounts is 4 jawas and Jedi Consular. It always ends badly since everyone gets stealth but JC so he's a 1st turn death in just about every fight. Every day is another adventure in frustration trying to do GW and arena until I can overcome my mistake.

Oh, I am just gunning for Engineer because I got three out of four of the good Droids.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Sent this player an ally request because when the chance arrives that you might be able to ally with a geared/modded/leveled HRS, you have to take it.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Name is on point.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Are any of the r1 guys viable without baze? I am slowly unlocking him through crystals and collecting them while I stew about how bullshit 9b is. Also about how many zetas do you get on average?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

xyigx posted:

Are any of the r1 guys viable without baze? I am slowly unlocking him through crystals and collecting them while I stew about how bullshit 9b is. Also about how many zetas do you get on average?

Chirrut owns with Baze and kind of owns without him. The other 3 aren't arena-viable, although who knows with Cassians ship, they might be real good for fleet arena. Ship hasn't released yet.

Zetas come real slow. Expect between 2 and 5/week. Some goons have reported no zetas for weeks at a time.

edit:

Anyone else a little pissed that we have Bistan and Pao... and no fuckin' Bodhi?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Chirrut owns with Baze and kind of owns without him. The other 3 aren't arena-viable, although who knows with Cassians ship, they might be real good for fleet arena. Ship hasn't released yet.

Zetas come real slow. Expect between 2 and 5/week. Some goons have reported no zetas for weeks at a time.

edit:

Anyone else a little pissed that we have Bistan and Pao... and no fuckin' Bodhi?

That few, dear lord I hope I didn't just jinx myself. Well at least chirrut is almost unlocked. I was hoping cassian + k2so + wiggs + sth might work since I dumped so much gear on k2 when he came out hoping for a droid tank.

Well on the plus side I am at least collecting people with names again, instead of tie fighter pilot Bob and his nameless buddies.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Yeah, I kind of wondered how someone pivotal to the plot with lots of lines and funny moments isn't in game but two people that barely appeared on screen have fleshed out game characters.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

xyigx posted:

That few, dear lord I hope I didn't just jinx myself. Well at least chirrut is almost unlocked. I was hoping cassian + k2so + wiggs + sth might work since I dumped so much gear on k2 when he came out hoping for a droid tank.

Well on the plus side I am at least collecting people with names again, instead of tie fighter pilot Bob and his nameless buddies.

K2 is an alright droid team tank, but... B2 is still probably the best option on account of BI and dispell.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, I just watched Rogue One again over the weekend, and still don't recall actually seeing either of them.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Wintermutant posted:

Yeah, I just watched Rogue One again over the weekend, and still don't recall actually seeing either of them.

I'm pretty sure Bistan is a gunner in one of the U-Wings and Pao, I think, was cut from the movie entirely with the beach scene reshoots.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I'm pretty sure Bistan is a gunner in one of the U-Wings and Pao, I think, was cut from the movie entirely with the beach scene reshoots.

You see them both extremely briefly. You basically have to know what they look like to know it's them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I only remember seeing Bistan as an extra during the scene where Jyn is at the Rebel HQ trying to convince them she knows how to get the plans to the death star and they're all "It'll never work. Get out spai"